Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by beretzs
Originally Posted by AKwolverine
Originally Posted by T_Inman
I am surprised by the number of Kimber Montana .223s on here. I adore mine and haven’t regretted buying it in any way. I have a few of the other rifles listed on this thread too.

I really don’t have a unicorn, myself. I just am always on the lookout for something interesting. Right now I want a super light rifle to keep at mom’s house for when I go back home elk hunting.

ULA, Fieldcraft, Remington Ti, etc. I see them in the classifieds but they’re either too much $, or they have a twist that I am not mildly interested in.

There’s a montana currently on GB:
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/1022668461

I could kick myself square in the butt for passing on the Whitakers deals when they had them. So dumb...

Live and learn I guess. I'll find one eventually.

I never learned how to linger. Hint.(grin)

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Just saying..............(grin)

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
GB1

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Let's see.......

Unicorns/hard to find!

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Merkel K3 Extreme, 270 Win.

Merkel K4 Damaszaner, 30-06 Springfield,

Merkel's 120th Anniversary Rifle, mine is #83 of 120.

Blaser R-93 Grand Luxe Stutzen, two barrel/fore-end set. 30-06 Springfield/9.3 x 62.

I've not encountered another R93 full stocked rifle.

Sauer 404 "Golden Boar", 308 Win. Proprietary to Gordy and Sons.

Nonneman Custom Winchester 71, 475 Turnbull

S x S Hammer Double, 30 WCF

ya!

GWB

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Showdog75
Remington Model Seven in 35 Remington.

Yup, this is one of my grail guns as well...that and a Remington Model 8 or 81 in .35 Rem w/ rear peep.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Got a few I’ve missed out on the past for lack of cash:
Ruger no 1 RSI 7 X 57. Pawn shop wouldn’t take my Remington 742 in 30/06 as partial trade. It was only $300 at that time. Remington 700 with KS stock in 7mm REM Mag It was $400. Just the wrong caliber for me. Had it been a 30/06… German 98 Guild rifle, take down with ribbed barrel great iron sights in 7 X 57. It was $400 and you could buy a NIB Winchester or Remington bolt gun for that at the time. The stock needed refurbished and ammo was scare. Should’ve had my butt kicked. Pre 64 Winchester 94 for $250 about 5 years ago. Stupid on my part. I sold a Win 94 Trapper while trying to get my disability. Wish I had it and a Win 70 Westerner in 30/06 back. Too heavy. A S & W model 17 with 6” barrel that someone left in sheepskin rug. Ruined the finish and it was $100. I thought it was too high. I should have bought, had it shot peened or even sent back to S & W. Also there was a Colt Anaconda 4” barrel that I was gonna trade a Ruger Blackhawk.357/9mm Convertable with a 6” barrel for it and he wanted $50 boot money. I thought it should have been even trade. I was stupid. A new Ruger Vaquero in 45 LC 4 5/8” barrel. Guy bought it , walked out door and dropped on the curb. Had a concrete rash and since he was a great customer; they swapped it out. Had $189.99 on the tag and OTD was $175 no tax. To broke to buy it and no layaway. Then the N S &W with 5” barrel in 44 mag. Rough but only $150. My poverty hurt me again. I’d like to have all these and more.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by Oregonmuley
It sure would be nice to find a clean stainless Rem 700 KS in .280 for a decent price or any price I suppose since they are tough to find these days.

I found one in a 7mm rem mag a few years ago, mint condition and hardly fired. Its very accurate.

IC B2

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I am lusting after an Rem 700 270 TI. Will probably build something similar.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by Big Stick
I am surprised by the number of Kimber Montana .223s on here. I adore mine and haven’t regretted buying it in any way. I have a few of the other rifles listed on this thread too.

I really don’t have a unicorn, myself. I just am always on the lookout for something interesting. Right now I want a super light rifle to keep at mom’s house for when I go back home elk hunting.

ULA, Fieldcraft, Remington Ti, etc. I see them in the classifieds but they’re either too much $, or they have a twist that I am not mildly interested in.

I could kick myself square in the butt for passing on the Whitakers deals when they had them. So dumb...

What load works well in that Creedmoor. I bought one several months ago and need to start working with it

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
A Ruger 77RS carbine in 358 WIN would be nice to have, but good grief they are high on GB

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Rigby highland stalker 275

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Kimber Montana 260 Rem

My heart's in the mountains, my heart is not here.
My heart's in the mountains, chasing the deer.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have a few guns others seek but to sell would would be an instant loss as the value of the dollar is dropping like a $2 whore. Much rather hold on to the guns right now as their value is still on the rise.
Could be traded out of them if something struck my fancy.

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Just got a 95% 341-B Remington.
Ivory front bead , peep rear.
$300.00 plus $50 shipping and $40.00 transfer fee.
First Year rifle [1934].

I think I did ok.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

You stole that Kimber. I remember not snatching that one up as well...

Semper Fi
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Oakster

What load works well in that Creedmoor. I bought one several months ago and need to start working with it

Not sure about his, but in my Montana, 40.5 grains of H4350, Alpha cases, CCI200's and a 147 ELD loaded at 2.8" works real decent for me. About 2680 or so. RL17, 26, etc, are all good too. Damn near anything seems to shoot in the couple I have had.

Semper Fi
S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
Mine would be a Ruger 77 in .250 Savage. Had a chance at a great price 10 years ago and a buddy talked me out of buying it.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Speedwalker
Mine would be a Ruger 77 in .250 Savage. Had a chance at a great price 10 years ago and a buddy talked me out of buying it.

Got one in a ultra lite 2 yrs or so ago that's very good to excellent condition. Don't think it would be considered a great price, but I got it.

One is alone in a land so vast, there is only the mountains, the wind, and the eyes of God.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Sakohunter264
Only one at the moment: My holy grail

S&W 629 5” Stainless Classic 44 magnum - Pre-Lock

I could probably go without buying another gun if I had one of these in my collection.

My friend has one that I first held/shot in 1999 or 2000. I instantly fell in love — the best handling/balancing pistol I had/have ever felt!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by elkaddict
I’m down to one unicorn, a Remington Classic in 35Whelen. It took me 30 years to find the last two, a Remington pump in 35Whelen and a mint Colt Python.
There is one for sale locally, new in box and unfired. It's supposedly a 1988 version and he wants $1500. I don't know what your "unicorn" is worth to you. However, locating one's unicorn is better than most do. Let me know if you want me to put you in touch with the guy or if you wish for me to act on your behalf. I do not know the guy.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Not really wanting anything exciting. But id say..

708 Mountain Ascent

243 Montana w/threaded barrel

Maybe another Classic Select in 308 with real nice wood again. But instead of selling it this time id rebore to 358.

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Originally Posted by Speedwalker

Is he still your buddy?!!

I would love to find a Mauser Es360 Championship rifle!

PennDog

Last edited by PennDog; 12/15/23.
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

61 members (300_savage, 6mmCreedmoor, artur, Backroads, 260Remguy, 8 invisible), 1,478 guests, and 963 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,758
Posts18,476,405
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.