Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 10 of 12 1 2 8 9 10 11 12
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
bristoe: You sound as stupid, myopic and self destructive as the CampFires own turdqueen!
This country needs LESS of you two.
Sad.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

GB1

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
In fact, I believe the American people voted Trump into three Presidency to make just those decisions.

Do you disagree?

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I voted for Trump the first time because of what he said he was going to do. Voted for him the second time because of what he had done.

I don't remember either time when voting for him that I voted based on who he said he would appoint to certain positions.

Do I expect him to appoint good people to key positions? Yes. And in many many cases he did.

Do I hold it against him now, or will I in the future if someone with a track record to the contrary, is later exposed for being a slimeball? No.

One is alone in a land so vast, there is only the mountains, the wind, and the eyes of God.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by ShadeTree
I voted for Trump the first time because of what he said he was going to do. Voted for him the second time because of what he had done.

I don't remember either time when voting for him that I voted based on who he said he would appoint to certain positions.

Do I expect him to appoint good people to key positions? Yes. And in many many cases he did.

Do I hold it against him now, or will I in the future if someone with a track record to the contrary, is later exposed for being a slimeball? No.

Feelings don't change what happened.

You already agreed.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Let's make this simple.

When Trump was President-elect...did he have a duty to hire and vet his cabinet?...start at VP.

Last edited by Jcubed; 01/13/24. Reason: Spelling
IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Jcubed

You already agreed.

I never mentioned feelings. He did a better job than any 40 of us could do, combined. Monday morning quarterbacking from a living room chair, after watching the Sunday game from a living room chair, is easy.

Trump did the hard stuff, and did it without fear, and got results.

One is alone in a land so vast, there is only the mountains, the wind, and the eyes of God.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

You already agreed.

I never mentioned feelings. He did a better job than any 40 of us could do, combined. Monday morning quarterbacking from a living room chair, after watching the Sunday game from a living room chair, is easy.

Trump did the hard stuff, and did it without fear, and got results.

Again, we all like the guy.

Did he makes mistakes in his cabinet?

Simple question.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Let's make this simple.

When Trump was President-elect...did he have a duty to hire and vet his cabinet?...start at VP.

And he did. Who's arguing differently. In case you didn't figure it out yet, cabinet in politics is not an innate object, or a machine, it's freaking people. People hide things, pretend, mislead, have ulterior motives, and even if none of that initially, people change.

You do an interview, you look at resume's. If you could prove to me he hired people with bad resume's, I'd agree.

He doesn't know these people personally. You hire or give the okay based off that. No different than any other business. I imagine he's made some bad hire's over the yrs and ended up having to fire people in his personal business, as does every business.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
President Trump needed ta pick a VP.

He had a lineup ta choose from that was the equivalent a tderpa, sucknmore and J's lubed.

With choices like that, he picked the turd with the least flies.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
'Results' would have been Trump doing a great job as president--which I do not dispute--keeping his big blowhard NY trap shut and not throwing fits on twitter, like a 13 year old girl. He would have coasted into a second term effortlessly.

Instead we got a four year Joe/Ho shietshow.

It would be great if DJT learned something from all that, and gets another shot. I guess we'll see.

Direct Impingement is the Fart Joke of military rifle operating systems. ⓒ
IC B3

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Let's make this simple.

And he did. Who's arguing differently. In case you didn't figure it out yet, cabinet in politics is not an innate object, or a machine, it's freaking people. People hide things, pretend, mislead, have ulterior motives, and even if none of that initially, people change.

You do an interview, you look at resume's. If you could prove to me he hired people with bad resume's, I'd agree.

He doesn't know these people personally. You hire or give the okay based off that. No different than any other business. I imagine he's made some bad hire's over the yrs and ended up having to fire people in his personal business, as does every business.

You said he was too busy earlier. Hence this entire convo

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
You people. You act like Trump had the time to personally hire everyone in his organization that ended up being a backstabbing slimeball. He came into politics without personal knowledge of much except knowing he knew how to run big things, make things happen and get things done, which he did.

He personally hired some, and the vast majority of them are still behind him, and many of them fought daily with some of the establishment hires. The establishment hires came from people already in the system that he trusted and delegated responsibility to. Way too many positions for him to learn about and take care of personally.

Pence was a bad choice. But how many of you were saying that before 2020? I was never a Pence "fan", no reason to be. But I also thought he was okay as vice presidents go before the 2020 pandemic, and then subsequent election. They don't do much. I was wrong, and so were many of you.

IMO if he gets in this time he should put somebody like General Flynn in charge of all the inside hiring. And they still wouldn't get it all right. I mean, you do need some experience in the different fields. Not every position can be filled by your favorite no BS next door neighbor.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Let's make this simple.

I said he couldn't hire everybody, some he hired personally, some off of recommendations. Still just said the same thing. "You hire or give the okay based off that."

We can play silly semantics and word game gotcha's all day. It will get neither of us no where.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Let's make this simple.

I said he couldn't hire everybody, some he hired personally, some off of recommendations. Still just said the same thing. "You hire or give the okay based off that."

We can play silly semantics and word game gotcha's all day. It will get neither of us no where.

This isn't semantics. You said and wrote what you said.

Did he mess up the VP pick?

No 2 to be President.

Yes or no?

Last edited by Jcubed; 01/13/24.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Let me guess you need the definition of "is?"

Semantics. Smh

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by steve4102
Originally Posted by ihookem
Originally Posted by Calvin
Bristoe has already stated that he will not vote for Trump if Haley is the VP pick.

I will vote for Trump no matter who is the pick.

Me too. There is no one else to vote for .. Swammy and Hayley just want power,, Cristie is not even a conservative .. Desantis would be real good but, he isnt getting traction.. Donald Trump is our only hope,, much like the new president of Argentina is . This time, though Donald Trump is going to be a much different person.. He will not trust anyone cause he got burned ,, and he does not forget for a LONG time . He keeps score .
What evidence do you have to support this?

After he got back stabbed by just about everyone, I dont think he will trust anyone.. Even Paul Ryan was on some dumb TV show, and he said anyone but Donald Trump.. The whole swamp hates him. Plain as day. The swamp is so deep he will have a hard time filling his cabinets.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Let's make this simple.

No 2 to be President.

Yes or no?

Holy crap man. I already said Pence was a mistake. Do I hold it against Trump?? Heck no. The mistake came out almost a full 4 yrs later. You, me, others in his cabinet, conservatives in the house, the senate, and 99% of every Trump supporter on the fire was fine with it up until then. Including you I suspect since you didn't directly answer the question posed to you earlier.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by steve4102
Originally Posted by Calvin
Bristoe has already stated that he will not vote for Trump if Haley is the VP pick.

I will vote for Trump no matter who is the pick.

Me too. There is no one else to vote for .. Swammy and Hayley just want power,, Cristie is not even a conservative .. Desantis would be real good but, he isnt getting traction.. Donald Trump is our only hope,, much like the new president of Argentina is . This time, though Donald Trump is going to be a much different person.. He will not trust anyone cause he got burned ,, and he does not forget for a LONG time . He keeps score .
What evidence do you have to support this?

After he got back stabbed by just about everyone, I dont think he will trust anyone.. Even Paul Ryan was on some dumb TV show, and he said anyone but Donald Trump.. The whole swamp hates him. Plain as day. The swamp is so deep he will have a hard time filling his cabinets.

Think he trusts Jared?

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Let's make this simple.

No 2 to be President.

Yes or no?

Holy crap man. I already said Pence was a mistake. Do I hold it against Trump?? Heck no. The mistake came out almost a full 4 yrs later. You, me, others in his cabinet, conservatives in the house, the senate, and 99% of every Trump supporter on the fire was fine with it up until then. Including you I suspect since you didn't directly answer the question posed to you earlier.

Have a great day.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Let me guess you need the definition of "is?"

Semantics. Smh

I need no definition of anything. You can read back through my posts. Trump had some good people in his administration, some bad. Trump was the best President in my lifetime. I voted for Trump based on what he said he would do in 2016 and what he had done in 2020. Pence was a mistake, so were some others. People backstab you sometimes. I don't hold that against Trump personally as he couldn't of known that about some of them until it came out, like picking a pit bull puppy.

The End.

Page 10 of 12 1 2 8 9 10 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

519 members (257Bob, 2500HD, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 53 invisible), 2,540 guests, and 1,164 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,591
Posts18,511,185
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.