Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Bay1975
These type statements always seem a little stupid too me. If a millennial person owned this alleged gun store wouldn’t this millennial be face down in his phone all day like most of them are? You expect me to believe this same millennial owns a gun store and hasn’t bothered to take 3 seconds to look up the book value of the guns he sells while he’s already on his phone? Let alone maybe spending 5 seconds to check the prices on the big online gun sale sites. I think this whole back story is bullshite you found a gun you wanted and you paid what they asked which was probably more than you could have got it on Guns International but you don’t go on that site cause your scared they will steal your address and phone number lol.

LOL! Came across a Mossberg .22LR lever gun with a crappy Tasco 4× scope.
Wouldn't eject and feed about every 5th or 6th shot.
Decided to sell it.
Looked it up online.
Found several on sale for $95 to $100.
Sounded good to me!
Heck, I didn't even get it on the table before an older guy bought it and never argued about price!
An hour or so later, I wandered around the show to see what was out there.
There was the Mossberg I'd sold for $95 laying on a table tagged $165!! 😳
Back at my table, I see a kid walk by with that same rifle! Bought it for tag price! 😖

The "internet" ain't always the answer!

Last edited by MartinStrummer; 12/22/23.
GB1

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Originally Posted by MartinStrummer
These type statements always seem a little stupid too me. If a millennial person owned this alleged gun store wouldn’t this millennial be face down in his phone all day like most of them are? You expect me to believe this same millennial owns a gun store and hasn’t bothered to take 3 seconds to look up the book value of the guns he sells while he’s already on his phone? Let alone maybe spending 5 seconds to check the prices on the big online gun sale sites. I think this whole back story is bullshite you found a gun you wanted and you paid what they asked which was probably more than you could have got it on Guns International but you don’t go on that site cause your scared they will steal your address and phone number lol.

LOL! Came across a Mossberg .22LR lever gun with a crappy Tasco 4× scope.
Wouldn't eject and feed about every 5th or 6th shot.
Decided to sell it.
Looked it up online.
Found several on sale for $95 to $100.
Sounded good to me!
Heck, I didn't even get it on the table before an older guy bought it and never argued about price!
An hour or so later, I wandered around the show to see what was out there.
There was the Mossberg I'd sold for $95 laying on a table tagged $165!! 😳
Back at my table, I see a kid walk by with that same rifle! Bought it for tag price! 😖

The "internet" ain't always the answer!

There are stupid people everywhere. There was a time when to find a guns value you had to look it up in a book. It’s literally at your finger tips now. In seconds you can find the value and or prices of the same gun sold. Only an idiot would just buy a gun without at least a 5 second research.

My point was this OP dufuss is trying to convince people he got over on a Gun store buying a gun for half its value because they are millennials and only know about ARs etc. He’s full of [bleep].

Those old fairy tales about your uncle Bob buying a mint condition Greener down at the local pawn shop for 45$ is over lol. You might get a deal from some meth head on a stolen gun or maybe some fat man boobed 20 yo that inherited pawpaws guns but you ain’t getting over on a gun dealer or a gun shop that’s just stupid nonsense

Last edited by Bay1975; 12/22/23.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
@ Bay1975

Privately run pawn shops have knowledgeable (mostly!) staff because most have "skin in the game"! You gotta know what's coming in to get the best return.
There is a "chain" pawn shop near me. They hire mouth breathers because they need warm bodies in their shop.
I take advantage of them every chance I get.
1) Win M12 16 gauge - $100 out the door
2) Rem "Sportsman" 16 gauge - $150 (one of the first 500 made)
3) Redding "Powder & Bullet" scale - $20 (found 1958, unsigned Fed Duck Stamp in scale instructions! value - $80)

So, I attempt to stop in every "chain" pawn shop I find! 👍

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Originally Posted by MartinStrummer
@ Bay1975

Privately run pawn shops have knowledgeable (mostly!) staff because most have "skin in the game"! You gotta know what's coming in to get the best return.
There is a "chain" pawn shop near me. They hire mouth breathers because they need warm bodies in their shop.
I take advantage of them every chance I get.
1) Win M12 16 gauge - $100 out the door
2) Rem "Sportsman" 16 gauge - $150 (one of the first 500 made)
3) Redding "Powder & Bullet" scale - $20 (found 1958, unsigned Fed Duck Stamp in scale instructions! value - $80)

So, I attempt to stop in every "chain" pawn shop I find! 👍

What is it with some people? They cannot be satisfied with I found the item I wanted and got a decent price. For some reason they feel better about the deal when they con the other person or get over on them in some way. Or if they can’t get over on the other person they feel the need to lie and say they did. I also think your full of [bleep]. No pawn shop selling guns without having some idea of the value. Why you feel the need to tell lies to strangers on the internet is a whole different discussion.

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
My point was this OP dufuss is trying to convince people he got over on a Gun store buying a gun for half its value because they are millennials and only know about ARs etc. He’s full of [bleep].

What? You think I was gloating?

I thought I was sharing good news. I’m sure those guys made a profit and I ain’t in the business of buying and selling guns. If anyone got taken it might have been me for what I traded in which is why I happened to be there in the first place. Christmas and all that 🙂 I was perusing the racks while the paperwork was processed.

Rest assured, this weren’t my first dufuss thread and it prob’ly won’t be my last.

I almost didn’t post this, Jackson might be mean to me again 😬

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
IC B2

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher

As pathetic as it is...that's what you did. I know, sad. So how much for the p.o.s.?

M
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
M

I thought I was sharing good news. I’m sure those guys made a profit and I ain’t in the business of buying and selling guns. If anyone got taken it might have been me for what I traded in which is why I happened to be there in the first place. Christmas and all that 🙂 I was perusing the racks while the paperwork was processed.

Rest assured, this weren’t my first dufuss thread and it prob’ly won’t be my last.

Birdy you are probably the nicest person who posts here. You bought a gun from a dealer for a good price, good for you. You didn’t cheat a widow or mental defective. If a business doesn’t know the price of the merchandise they pedal it isn’t up to the consumer to correct them. Anybody with a problem is a doùche plain and simple. Jacksoff In His Hand can’t help but crap on every thread he posts on. Who gives a crap what you paid, you wanted it and it’s yours. I can’t understand people like him and that other tool Bay1975. They seem to revel in misery. Good for you and Merry Christmas.

Last edited by Mike_S; 12/23/23.
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Originally Posted by Mike_S

Birdy you are probably the nicest person who posts here. You bought a gun from a dealer for a good price, good for you. You didn’t cheat a widow or mental defective. If a business doesn’t know the price of the merchandise they pedal it isn’t up to the consumer to correct them. Anybody with a problem is a douche plain and simple. Jacksoff In His Hand can’t help but crap on every thread he posts on. Who gives a crap what you paid, you wanted it and it’s yours. I can’t understand people like him and that other tool Bay1975. They seem to revel in misery. Good for you and Merry Christmas.

Mike S I hope you choke on the next dik you swallow

M
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by Mike_S

Birdy you are probably the nicest person who posts here. You bought a gun from a dealer for a good price, good for you. You didn’t cheat a widow or mental defective. If a business doesn’t know the price of the merchandise they pedal it isn’t up to the consumer to correct them. Anybody with a problem is a doùche plain and simple. Jacksoff In His Hand can’t help but crap on every thread he posts on. Who gives a crap what you paid, you wanted it and it’s yours. I can’t understand people like him and that other tool Bay1975. They seem to revel in misery. Good for you and Merry Christmas.

Mike S I hope you choke on the next di@k you swallow
81 posts in 3 years. Just a lonely sock puppet with homo-erotic tendencies. Get help, oh and thanks for proving my post doùche. Merry Christmas

Last edited by Mike_S; 12/23/23.
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

334 members (2ndwind, 222ND, 1beaver_shooter, 338reddog, 12344mag, 47 invisible), 3,380 guests, and 1,226 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,778
Posts18,535,963
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.