Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
Well, it might be time to rethink that Amazon Prime subscription if you like their streaming channel.

Now they'll charge you to watch PLUS they will be adding commercials. You can opt out of the commercials for an addition $2.99 per month - $36 per year. From an email I just received:

"We are writing to you today about an upcoming change to your Prime Video experience. Starting January 29, Prime Video movies and TV shows will include limited advertisements. This will allow us to continue investing in compelling content and keep increasing that investment over a long period of time. We aim to have meaningfully fewer ads than linear TV and other streaming TV providers. No action is required from you, and there is no change to the current price of your Prime membership. We will also offer a new ad-free option for an additional $2.99 per month* that you can sign up for here."

I just got that message too. Not very happy. We'll see how many commercials they run but I don't have a high tolerance level for ads.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Westman
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
Well, it might be time to rethink that Amazon Prime subscription if you like their streaming channel.

Now they'll charge you to watch PLUS they will be adding commercials. You can opt out of the commercials for an addition $2.99 per month - $36 per year. From an email I just received:

"We are writing to you today about an upcoming change to your Prime Video experience. Starting January 29, Prime Video movies and TV shows will include limited advertisements. This will allow us to continue investing in compelling content and keep increasing that investment over a long period of time. We aim to have meaningfully fewer ads than linear TV and other streaming TV providers. No action is required from you, and there is no change to the current price of your Prime membership. We will also offer a new ad-free option for an additional $2.99 per month* that you can sign up for here."

I just got that message too. Not very happy. We'll see how many commercials they run but I don't have a high tolerance level for ads.
Originally Posted by blindshooter
My wife would likely run me off if I canceled.

Looks like another $36 shot to chit.

Last edited by blindshooter; 12/27/23.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by bbassi
Is Amazon Prime worth $140?

The convenience of ordering almost anything and having it on the doorstep in 2 days is worth way more than $140 bucks annually.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I’ve used it a bunch lately.

In the past it was never worth it to me. Had enough options for most things I needed. Not so much now.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
As much as I like to buy local I’m sixty miles to the closest big town and my small town has limited stuff I need. It works for me just in fuel costs alone and with prime tv if I feel like watching some 📺 it’s there to watch. The youngest daughter is on my account and it helps them as well.

IC B2

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I need 360 degree casters (6" or 8" size)... Cast metal is preferred, but a Polyurethane wrap over metal will also work.

Also considering a scaffolding wheels set...

Need 10 sets of 4 (i.e. 40 total).

Amazon...

NO CHANCE they will be the best price... NONE.

Prove me wrong.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
I'm dumping prime next month before I get invoiced again, I've set a note in my calendar. Higher cost, ads in Prime Video. I used Prime so they would ship UPS as the post office closed at 2 pm and I got home at 4 pm. I'm retired, I can make it to the post office now. Lately it takes 5 days before they ship anything.

Last edited by Szumi; 12/27/23.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Morewood
Dumped Prime just last week. Now with my wife gone I don't buy all that much stuff and what I do buy I'm not in a huge hurry to receive.

Dumped the Costco membership too. No need to buy in bulk and I much prefer the upscale grocery stores for selection and better clientele.

I am almost there as well . We hardly use Amazon anymore and Costco is not cheap anymore ,we don't need the bulk items either.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I first invested in Amazon 23 years ago when my teeny bopper son told me to. He watched Bezos get interviewed by neil cavuto on fox.
I have been a fan of Amazon ever since.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Clarkm
I first invested in Amazon 23 years ago when my teeny bopper son told me to. He watched Bezos get interviewed by neil cavuto on fox.
I have been a fan of Amazon ever since.

He's sure spent a lot of money trying to put the dick to Trump to help his Soros -NWO/WEF Klaus Schwab Satanic deep state Nephilim Illuminati survive the Swamp Drainging.

I wonder how much he's given to the DNC anti-2A pukes.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
IC B3

T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
At some point you've gotta consider your time, what's it worth?

If you had to ask someone to pay you for your time, what would you charge?

So then extrapolate that out over a year. $150 isn't worth having a discussion about.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by jaguartx
He's sure spent a lot of money trying to put the dick to Trump to help his Soros -NWO/WEF Klaus Schwab Satanic deep state Nephilim Illuminati survive the Swamp Drainging.

You are right...

99.9% of the time you are more kooky than Coco-Puffs...

But on this one you nailed it.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by CashisKing
Originally Posted by jaguartx

You are right...

99.9% of the time you are more kooky than Coco-Puffs...

But on this one you nailed it.

But it don't really matter do it...

Most of 24HC is anti 2A anyway... dey just don't type it.

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
I just told my wife today that I’m not sure Amazon Prime is worth having anymore. 3 times in the last 10 days I found something she ordered from Amazon for considerably less at WalMart. She never price checks anything, just always uses Amazon because we have prime. 2 day shipping is a joke, mostly 4-5 days for us. I don’t like the changes made to the included Amazon music, it’s no better than free Iheart or Spotify. We use Netflix way more than prime video, and the new ads will nearly kill prime video for us. We’ve been prime members for over 10 years but it may be time to give it up.

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

585 members (160user, 270cowboy, 1234, 1beaver_shooter, 007FJ, 219 Wasp, 67 invisible), 2,547 guests, and 1,325 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,088
Posts18,482,895
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.