Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 34 of 37 1 2 32 33 34 35 36 37
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Good choices there.

I mostly carry either my Sig P365 or my Springfield HellCat as my primary carry weapon.
My Ruger LCP always rides in my weak side front pocket as my BUG, regardless of my sidearm.

And my Glock Model 32 in 357 Sig along with 3 - 15 round spare mags resides permanently in the console of my truck.[/quote]

Great minds think alike.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Your life is made up of two dates and a dash, Make the most of the dash.
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
My choice of weapon today at a couple different stores.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

M&P shield plus with some guys 148+P Ammo in it

Last edited by crittrgittr; 12/23/23.
M
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush
I would opt for the bigger dot myself.

Having used RDOs with various sizes, I like the ones with the donut reticles or larger dots.

This is the one I use on one of my Glocks. Its actually a Holosun, but it is a good reticle.

My RMR is simply a dot. The Trijicon is a better product, but I like the Holosun reticle better.

Ended up with the RMR

Thanks again.

Excellent choice!

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

M
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
M
This is a repost from Dave Williams who is an associate of Trainer, John Farnham.

Farnam Student Involved in Gunfight
“27 Dec 23

Christmas Eve Shooting!

One of my long-time students was involved in a fatal shooting on 24 Dec 23.

As you might expect, I can only talk about this incident in general terms.

It took place in a metro area.

My student was precipitously assaulted simultaneously by several armed-robbery suspects.

One of the suspects pointed a pistol at my student at very close range and demanded he surrender his wallet, which my student did without hesitation.

The suspect then abruptly shot my student with at least one round. A single bullet barely nicked my student’s ear!

My student immediately broke and ran, with the suspect in close pursuit.

Taking cover behind a dumpster, my student drew his own iron-sighted G19, found his sights, and began firing at the still-armed suspect who was continuing to come toward him.

Range was between four and ten meters.

Suspect was hit in the torso multiple times. He went down abruptly, dropping his pistol on the pavement next to him.

My student’s G19 functioned normally. Ammunition was Defiant 9mm 115gr TCX. No exit wounds.

Suspect was DRT.

Seeing what had just happened, his co-conspirators fled the scene without delay. They are still at-large.

My student was not injured, aside from the nick in his ear.

My student holds a current CCW permit for his state and remained at the scene while he called police.

When police arrived, my student was taken into custody and held locally for twenty-four hours, after which is was released.

Following his training, my student kept his statements to a minimum and asked that his lawyer be personally present prior to additional questioning

Ultimately, no criminal charges were filed. Even the local (liberal) prosecutor could find no legitimate reason to charge my student with a crime.

My student is an ACLDN member and currently enjoys their assertive assistance.

Curiously, this shooting incident was all but ignored by local “mainstream media,” as it does not fit their leftist agenda.

Lessons:

1) Go armed! In a “gunfight,” who finds himself without a gun will not experience a happy ending.

2) There is no substitute for personal competence! You have to know what you’re doing, before, during, and after, and have absolute confidence that you can do it. They’ll be no one there to help you in the short term. You must know and understand what to do, what not to do, what to say, what not to say.

That’s the difference between a live professional, and a dead amateur!

3) “Compliance” with demands of violent criminals does not keep one from harm, as liberal media charlatans would have us believe!

It is obvious this suspect fully intended to murder my student on the spot, no matter what his did.

4) When you’re not already, become a member of ACLDN (Armed Citizens’ Legal Defense Network), right now! Their expert assistance is invaluable.

5) Most lethal-force episodes, like most motor-vehicle accidents, are avoidable, and should be avoided whenever possible.

You know the drill:

Don’t go to stupid places.
Don’t associate with stupid people.
Don’t do stupid things.
Have a “normal” appearance.
Be in bed by 10:00pm.
Don’t fail the attitude test

Yet, the foregoing incident took place in a “nice part of town,” during the day, involving an ordinary-looking male (my student), in a quiet, residential area.

Yes, we can stack the odds in our favor, but there are no “guarantees,” as we see!

My student is alive an well today, and a free man (not in jail), due to his continual preparedness, competent training, personal courage, correct mind-set.

“‘Taking the law into your own hands?’

The law IS in our hands!

‘Law enforcement’ is not something sovereign citizens seize from police officers. It is a societal function that citizens delegate to civil police.

In so doing, we do not abdicate our own sovereignty, nor our duties as citizens. Ultimate responsibility is still ours. When those we hire as our “Protectors” are either unwilling or unable to perform that function at the critical moment, there is no law, nor standard, that says we cannot perform it for ourselves.

Indeed, when personally threatened, we have no choice!”

Citizen’s Axiom

/John“

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Thanks Mackay.

Was just thinking of PMing you. I this the thread with the pics of your adaptation of mag pouch as holster on a chest pack? Getting one from a relative soon, and your method looked quite suitable for my treks around the area here.

Oh, may I copy that to send to my relatives that are also shooters but don't carry or don't always carry? or is there a link to the original?

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
IC B2

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush
Last month there was a thread in the handguns section called "Summer Carry".

It started out as the typical "what pocket gun do you carry in the hot weather" type thread.

I answered with the following post:

What gun is the minimum you are willing to get into a gunfight against one or possibly two armed bad guys with? Armed as in both have at minimum, handguns. Are you willing to get into that gunfight, which is a fight to the death, (them or you) with a Kahr that holds 7 rounds of .380?

For me, I know what my choices are. Each has to decide. Personally, I don't own any of the micro guns, that hold a very small amount of rounds, as I don't want to fall into the habit of grabbing what is comfortable, rather than what will actually get the job done. My only exception is a J Frame, and it is relegated to BUG role, and on exceedingly rare occasions a primary, but pretty much 99+% of the time I carry a gun I am willing to actually fight with and can turn in a good performance while using.

I posted again showing what I had chosen to carry that day, which was my Glock 22, .40 S&W a reload and a knife.

One of the more condescending members (Wrapids) stated:

"None of my friends in central Wisconsin feel a need to carry a gun."

Then followed up afterwards by telling one of our other members that since they carried a gun and ammo, with this post:

"Sounds like you should leave a war zone"

I posted a few days later that I was packing the following, showing this picture:

To which Wrapids replied:

"You oughtta leave a war zone."

Here is the thing.

I RARELY comment about much of the stuff that goes on and try to stay out of it for the most part.

That said. This condescending liberal attitude is exactly why we just ended up with 18 people dead and 13 more wounded. Over 30 people total, plus all their families. Kids, spouses, parents, all the people who cared for them.

NOBODY SHOT BACK.

When the fight started, nobody took the fight to the enemy. Nobody stood their ground and put rounds into the bad guy.

NOBODY.

So Wrapids, maybe you should feel the need to carry a gun, because NOBODY is coming to save you.

It is up to individuals to protect themselves. It is not the job of the government, or the nanny state. You are responsible for your own protection and those you care for who are unable to protect themselves.

You and NOBODY ELSE.

Your typical liberal won't fight his own fight, but he sure will call the police and have someone else do it. He is too scared to do the job himself, but not too scared to put someone else at risk. Pathetic.

Back on point,

You don't get to pick and choose when these things are going to happen or where. They are like a gift from a stranger. You have to unwrap it and deal with it, no matter what it is. Odds are that the situation will not be in your favor as the bad guy(s) will have planned it that way. So deal with it.

That is why you carry a gun you are willing to get into a fight with, and actually be prepared to fight.

Just one person with a gun and some skills could have made a difference and changed the outcome drastically.

Think about Eli Dickens.

The 22 year old young man who stopped what would have been a massacre in a shopping mall. He did so by carrying a gun daily and practicing. When the time came, he did not run, he took the fight to the enemy and stopped a massacre before really got going.

This is The Way.

You in Maine?

The way life should be.
M
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
M
I am in Idaho

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
How does the 22 mag compare with the 9 mm?

Can a Walther p38 handle 9mm p loads?

What is a good self defense 9 mm round for a walther p38?

Thanks

"Shoot low sheriff, I think he's riding a shetland!" B. Wills

D
D
Just to clarify, I’m just one of John Farman’s students and I shared one of his quips.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Thanks for doing that.

rather informative

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Lol, I'm betting Wrapids ain't gotten any smarter since this thread started........

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Any of you ever had a hand or hands so badly mangled you couldn't rack a auto? Single action only for me in 44 mag, can handle everything needed to do with it one handed.

Phil

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
How does a single action outperform a double?

"Shoot low sheriff, I think he's riding a shetland!" B. Wills

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
No safety's, buttons, or flip open cylinders... but I guess should have stated a Super Blackhawk.

Phil

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Ended up with the RMR

Thanks again.

Badass cuzzin'!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Greyghost
No safety's, buttons, or flip open cylinders... but I guess should have stated a Super Blackhawk.

Phil
I like old school cowboys guns too but Billy the Kid would have packed a Glock if Gaston had been around.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
I've got a couple auto's (1911's), but if only one, it'll be that SB...

Phil

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Ended up with the RMR

Thanks again.

Badass cuzzin'!

pretty slick for a cow and sheep farmer, eh?

In it is contentment

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Greyghost
I've got a couple auto's (1911's), but if only one, it'll be that SB...

Phil

And you're stupid enough to vote for commies who will melt them for you. Speaks volumes.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Slick is tall sights to cowitness

Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Ended up with the RMR

Thanks again.

Badass cuzzin'!

pretty slick for a cow and sheep farmer, eh?

Page 34 of 37 1 2 32 33 34 35 36 37

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

542 members (257Bob, 222Sako, 1badf350, 1234, 257man, 1Longbow, 66 invisible), 13,742 guests, and 1,035 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,160
Posts18,542,841
Members74,058
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.