GB1

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
Lambs came to the slaughterhouse.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I had to turn it at halftime and watched Wyoming come back and beat Toledo.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Georgia and Alabama would have been a excellent game for the championship. But then every team that didn’t make it to the top 4 would have been whining like FSU. We all seen what happened to them!
Lord knows we can’t have two SEC teams in the finals!

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Bearcat74
Originally Posted by jaguartx
C
Originally Posted by Bearcat74
Originally Posted by AKwolverine
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by Angus1895
FSU

4 da Win!

When?

It’s coming.

Nothing can stop it.

Should we book it?

Correction, woolve. Maybe do a screen shot to help you remember.

And yes, BearShat, you can book it. grin

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

I wasn’t talking to you dipschit. I was poking fun at okok when he posted that about the Seahawks all the time.

I usually don’t even read what you post it’s so looney. lol

Pardon me.

Sorry. So you're stupidly stuck on Fake Nues too. Well, you won't be for much longer.

Take care.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
I don't think WA is good enough to put that kind of whipping on TX, but TX did not deserve to be in the top 4 & surely not at #3.

That's too bad for the Wolverines as them & AL are the 2 best teams in the playoffs.

MM

Agreed; and I think whoever wins that game also takes the Championship.

My loyalty says Michigan; my objectivity isn’t sure it corresponds.

UM has their best chance ever this year. Game will likely turn on turnovers or mistakes & neither team does that much .
Or on which QB gets hot. I think it will be a good, tough game.

MM

B
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
B
Originally Posted by Springcove
Where is that great FSU defense we all heard about? This is embarrassing…

When you cut corners and hire mercenaries instead of developmental HS players and earn your money developing them...this is what you get. If this is your means, you need to offer substantial bonuses to stay and play the bowl game...that's how you keep mercenaries on board. They follow the money. That whole transfer portal BS has made them mercenaries......like Democrats....follow the money.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
WGAF?
Originally Posted by Angus1895
FSU

HAS DEM DAWGS

right where they want them…….

How’d that turn out for Free Shoes University?

Originally Posted by DigitalDan
WGAF?

I suspect the old elk hunter.

You calling me an old elk hunter? Hell, I’m only 66 and I give a big F. UGA 79 BS , 81 Masters, Econ.

You only live once, but...if you do it right, once is enough.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Godogs57
Hell, I’m only 66 and I give a big F. UGA 79 BS , 81 Masters, Econ.

GoDOGS has a pedigree, but is he AKC registered?

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I suspect the old elk hunter.

You calling me an old elk hunter? Hell, I’m only 66 and I give a big F. UGA 79 BS , 81 Masters, Econ.

No, was calling OEH OEH!

😂

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
ESPN article said 29 scholarship players were opt outs or injured.

“ The Seminoles played without their top two quarterbacks, top two running backs, top two receivers, starting tight end, three starting defensive linemen, two of three starting linebackers and three starting defensive backs. They were down 29 scholarship players in all.”

Bowl games not in playoffs are going to be nothing more than scrimmages from here on out. Not that they’re not already “everybody gets a trophy” games as it is.

But gotta get that tv revenue.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Well Fl St was saying that if they were the only undefeated team in the nation, they deserved to be national champs, whether they played in the playoffs or not.

Guess that's a mute point, now!

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Cheesy
ESPN article said 29 scholarship players were opt outs or injured.

“ The Seminoles played without their top two quarterbacks, top two running backs, top two receivers, starting tight end, three starting defensive linemen, two of three starting linebackers and three starting defensive backs. They were down 29 scholarship players in all.”

Bowl games not in playoffs are going to be nothing more than scrimmages from here on out. Not that they’re not already “everybody gets a trophy” games as it is.

But gotta get that tv revenue.

When that many starting players "opt out" there should be some kind of penalty or lack of payment from the bowls. I'm absolutely not saying FSU would have won, but it would have at least been a game. UGA sat 3 starters against GT before losing to Bama and the result was a single possession win by UGA, just from being slightly vanilla and having a few players sit out. Having the majority of your skill players sit out and I'm sure the rest not exactly focuses is disrespectful to the fans who paid the money to travel and go to the games.

FSU should have just declined the invite and let someone else play that wanted to be there - but of course they were not about to turn down that payday.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Danny Kanell has a very interesting idea for resurrecting the bowls now that ESPN, NIL, and the transfer portal have ruined them. He proposes making them the first game of the following season rather than the end of the current season. I think that this makes a great deal of sense. Everyone plays non-conference games to begin the season, so let that first game be the bowl match-ups. Let the four, eight, twelve, fifty-two, or whatever ridiculous number of teams ESPN wants in their invitational go ahead and play their tournament at the end of the season, immediately, without the long lay-off that exists at present. Next fall, those teams and the teams who failed to make a bowl can schedule amongst themselves while the "bowl teams" play their games. All games would count. Players from teams involved in the ESPN Invitational certainly wouldn't abandon their teammates with something so vital as the NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP on the line, so those games would see teams at full strength. As for the rest of the teams, they should be able to count on their players sticking around for at least the first game of the season, so the bowl games would not see teams decimated by desertion.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by MuskegMan
Hell, I’m only 66 and I give a big F. UGA 79 BS , 81 Masters, Econ.

GoDOGS has a pedigree, but is he AKC registered?
Heck no. I’m a mutt. But lovable

You only live once, but...if you do it right, once is enough.
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Florida state got what they deserved. A$$ whipping

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by 5sdad
Danny Kanell has a very interesting idea for resurrecting the bowls now that ESPN, NIL, and the transfer portal have ruined them. He proposes making them the first game of the following season rather than the end of the current season. I think that this makes a great deal of sense. Everyone plays non-conference games to begin the season, so let that first game be the bowl match-ups. Let the four, eight, twelve, fifty-two, or whatever ridiculous number of teams ESPN wants in their invitational go ahead and play their tournament at the end of the season, immediately, without the long lay-off that exists at present. Next fall, those teams and the teams who failed to make a bowl can schedule amongst themselves while the "bowl teams" play their games. All games would count. Players from teams involved in the ESPN Invitational certainly wouldn't abandon their teammates with something so vital as the NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP on the line, so those games would see teams at full strength. As for the rest of the teams, they should be able to count on their players sticking around for at least the first game of the season, so the bowl games would not see teams decimated by desertion.

you can't put Danny "Karen" Kanell and "interesting" in the same sentence

Last edited by Cruiser1; 12/31/23.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Any time the Semenholes lose, it's a great day!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Cruiser1
Originally Posted by 5sdad

you can't put Danny "Karen" Kanell and "interesting" in the same sentence

Apparently I achieved the impossible! shocked

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

336 members (163bc, 160user, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 10ring1, 31 invisible), 1,889 guests, and 1,059 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,759
Posts18,476,487
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.