Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
F
fshaw Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
F
Made a post that a high post count member deemed as adequately covered previously.

Deleted it.

Frank

Last edited by fshaw; 01/13/24.
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by fshaw
If this has been done before, I apologize.

Thanks.

Frank

It has. Apology accepted

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Build a simple model 700 with no. 3 stainless select match barrel in .280 rem or 30-06. NF optic, bedded in the best stock you can afford. Bullets from 150 to 180 with any 4350 or 4831 and your smacking critters.
Action- Remington
Barrel- Shilen
Stock- McMillan
Bottom metal- PTG
Trigger- Trigger tech
Mounts- leupy two piece backcountry
Scope- NF

More powder, 7 rem mag is never a bad choice.

F
fshaw Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
F
Originally Posted by rcamuglia

Thanks.

Frank

It has. Apology accepted

Thanks for your help. I’ll delete the post.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Who cares if it has or not. Start another one!

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Thanks.

Frank

It has. Apology accepted

You might take note the other thread in the forum that discusses your question.

It’s in close proximity to this thread, like the very next one down in the page.

The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M700.
ADL or BDL to suit you.
Dave Gentry 3 pos safe.
Rifle Basic trigger.
Brux No3. 1-9 7mm
In 280 Ackley Improved.
Top it off with some Barnes TTSXs
McMillian or Banser to suit you.
Schmidt & Bender 3-12x42 with the P3 mil dot.
dave

[Linked Image]

Only accurate rifles are interesting.
F
fshaw Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
F

Thanks.

Frank

It has. Apology accepted

It’s in close proximity to this thread, like the very next one down in the page.

I’m not going to go back and forth with you on this. If you had read my post you would have seen that it wasn’t specific to elk cartridges, ballistics or Model 700 builds.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B

Thanks.

Frank

It has. Apology accepted

I’m not going to go back and forth with you on this. If you had read my post you would have seen that it wasn’t specific to elk cartridges, ballistics or Model 700 builds.

Frank, what is it exactly that you are looking to build? Besides a lifetime long range rig? Any cartridges you think you might prefer. How far out, are you looking to shoot? I'm one that would not build on a Rem 700. I hate the cheap azzed flimsy extractor they provide. There are much better designs out there, that you can build from. Some clones are much better, and address the shortcomings of the Rem 700.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
BAT HR action......nitrided

Krieger barrel....4 groove 1-8 twist

McMillan stock of your liking

TriggerTech Diamond trigger

Hawkins Precision BDL bottom metal

Schmidt and Bender Scope of your liking

Seekins rings

7MM Mag

Then.......go kill stuff!!

IC B3

F
fshaw Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
F
BSA, my question was if you could build out one rifle for a lifetime of deer and elk hunting at distances of 800-1000 yards, what would you build. I specifically asked about actions and barrels. Dave and Coyote 10 gave a pretty comprehensive list and I appreciate that. Thank you. There is no question in my mind that their rigs would be extremely effective. I was really curious if the people doing this type of shooting would lean toward BAT or Borden actions, etc as opposed to trued Remingtons, and Bartlein or Kreiger cut rifled barrels, as opposed to button rifle barrel makers, etc. A follow on question would have been who they would choose to do the gunsmith work. I have nothing against Remington actions, the most accurate rifle I own was built by a gunsmith that builds, competes with and places and wins with rifles he's built. Mine was built on a Model 7 action that I had and is exceptional.

Used to be the conventional wisdom was that for the price of a trued "blueprinted" Model 700 action you could use a custom action like a Bat, Borden, Pierce and come out pretty close on price. Seems like current prices on full custom actions may have opened that difference some. There are also some newer barrel makers who are getting a lot of discussion now that weren't of heard much 10 years ago. I've never had a chassis rifle and they don't appeal to me much, but guys who are going to some real extemes in terms of both distance walked and distance shot are doing impressive things with them.

I posted my question in a very open form much along the lines of "If you could build one for a lifetime, what would it be" along with a few specific questions about things like barrels and actions. I left it open because I was interested in what the posters here were thinking. The member above obviously felt like I was wasting time so I withdrew my question.

I'm fairly knowledgeable about accuracy builds and reloading techniques for lightweight and shorter range hunting and BR shooting but have effectively no practical knowledge related to the discipline of long range precision shooting. I just heard about spin drift at long range within the last week. As an Adirondack hunter and guide, it's not been a factor for me. I have more problems finding a hole through the brush that I can make a clean shot through. I've read about precision long range a lot, and I mean hours and hours, and find it pretty fascinating. But, as you know, there not everyone who posts on an internet topic has the real experience that they try to claim in their posts.

Thanks for asking.

Frank

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Add Kauger Arms to your action list.
I prefer cut over button.
You don't need to go to a chassis, you can shoot just as far hunting with a good stock.

What rifles do you have right now for deer and elk? Detailed description, including optics please.
Depending what you have, you may have to upgrade your glass.

Do you have a place where you can practice at further distances?

Ernie "The Un-Tactical"

[Linked Image]
http://sebrests-usa.com/
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Frank, if I were building I’d use a Classic or P64 magnum action. Trued up, trigger pins replaced/redrilled so the trigger has no slop, bush the firing pin. I’d also make sure you have a full 3.6” magazine box.

I’d put a good barrel like a Krieger, Brux, Bart, Benchmark, etc put on it. I’d do a 1-8 twist in a 2 contour. Minimal shank, or Featherweight style shank with a 23-25” length.

I’d do a Banser, McM, whatever stock that suits you.

Either Featherweight or Sunny Hill Bottom metal

Coated in Nitride or Black T

Today it’d be a Trijicon 3-18 Ten Mile on top in the mounts of your choice.

I’d do a 7 Rem Mag or if you were adventurous a 7x300 Win or 7 Mashburn Super.

You could also do a 300 Win as well. With all the same components listed but maybe add a nice slim line brake if you don’t enjoy recoil.

Semper Fi
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Some good info so far. I'd also think seriously about purchasing your own reamer and an extra barrel blank or two.

Too close for irons, switching to scope...
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Made a post that a high post count member deemed as adequately covered previously.

Deleted it.

Frank

Don't let these morons run you down, you started a thread based on questions you seek answers for, not answers for some other OP's questions...

If some cnt gives you grief ... GFY should be a reasonable response for her/she

Scrolling on by is a lost art out here

"The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants".
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by MikeS
Some good info so far. I'd also think seriously about purchasing your own reamer and an extra barrel blank or two.

This is great advice. If you do that, get an odd ball or a practical wildcat.
7x300, 6.5x300, gibbs stuff, that'd be real cool.

F
fshaw Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
F
Many of the guys running chassis rigs use folding a folding chassis since they plan on the gun being strapped to their pack for a long walk in and hopefully a heavy pack out. Functional.

F
fshaw Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
F
"Don't let these morons run you down, you started a thread based on questions you seek answers for, not answers for some other OP's questions...

Scrolling on by is a lost art out here"

Great advice, but I think it's that crap that's the reason Dober, Pat Sinclair and others are gone. He certainly didn't get me down, but I don't come here to trade insults or do the GFY thing.

Thanks.

Frank

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
"Don't let these morons run you down, you started a thread based on questions you seek answers for, not answers for some other OP's questions...

Great advice, but I think it's that crap that's the reason Dober, Pat Sinclair and others are gone. He certainly didn't get me down, but I don't come here to trade insults or do the GFY thing.

Thanks.

Frank

What’s up with the perpetual whine?

You posted a question that literally is the exact same question on the other thread.

All I did was try to guide you to the other thread where there are plenty of replies already existing answering your question.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Frank .
I did not see your original post.
Missed the part about 800 to 1000.
I was thinking more along the lines of 500 and under..
Something like this.
https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/15603745/1
Do you have a weight limit in mind.?
Do you have a budget?

dave

[Linked Image]

Only accurate rifles are interesting.
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Frank,

With actions like the Bighorn Origin available, there’s no way I’d start with a 700 again. I’ve had great results with Bartlein, Brux, and Kreiger and would let availability pretty much determine which of those three I’d use. I like chassis because of the adjustability at similar weight to many of the synthetics, but that’s personal preference. Downside is aluminum is very cold in the hands on a cold day. Haven’t tried one, but the McMillan Mountaineer stock is very interesting to me, and if I wasn’t so tight fisted, I’d really like to try the MDT HNT26 carbon fiber chassis. Prefer Triggertech triggers to any others I have tried.

https://mdttac.com/hnt26-chassis-system/

John

If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
BSA, my question was if you could build out one rifle for a lifetime of deer and elk hunting at distances of 800-1000 yards, what would you build. I specifically asked about actions and barrels. Dave and Coyote 10 gave a pretty comprehensive list and I appreciate that. Thank you. There is no question in my mind that their rigs would be extremely effective. I was really curious if the people doing this type of shooting would lean toward BAT or Borden actions, etc as opposed to trued Remingtons, and Bartlein or Kreiger cut rifled barrels, as opposed to button rifle barrel makers, etc. A follow on question would have been who they would choose to do the gunsmith work. I have nothing against Remington actions, the most accurate rifle I own was built by a gunsmith that builds, competes with and places and wins with rifles he's built. Mine was built on a Model 7 action that I had and is exceptional.

Used to be the conventional wisdom was that for the price of a trued "blueprinted" Model 700 action you could use a custom action like a Bat, Borden, Pierce and come out pretty close on price. Seems like current prices on full custom actions may have opened that difference some. There are also some newer barrel makers who are getting a lot of discussion now that weren't of heard much 10 years ago. I've never had a chassis rifle and they don't appeal to me much, but guys who are going to some real extemes in terms of both distance walked and distance shot are doing impressive things with them.

I posted my question in a very open form much along the lines of "If you could build one for a lifetime, what would it be" along with a few specific questions about things like barrels and actions. I left it open because I was interested in what the posters here were thinking. The member above obviously felt like I was wasting time so I withdrew my question.

I'm fairly knowledgeable about accuracy builds and reloading techniques for lightweight and shorter range hunting and BR shooting but have effectively no practical knowledge related to the discipline of long range precision shooting. I just heard about spin drift at long range within the last week. As an Adirondack hunter and guide, it's not been a factor for me. I have more problems finding a hole through the brush that I can make a clean shot through. I've read about precision long range a lot, and I mean hours and hours, and find it pretty fascinating. But, as you know, there not everyone who posts on an internet topic has the real experience that they try to claim in their posts.

Thanks for asking.

Frank

Guessing our deer hunting is pretty similar, Frank. Look East and you'll see me on that Green Mountain ridge over there. These guys will steer you right. Is this a dedicated long range rifle or do you want something you can use up close in the Adirondacks, too. Do you ever track/jump-shoot or are you a "setter" as my buddies would say? Personally, I'm wanting a Wilson Combat NULA 32 7PRC - 3 down and 3.7" mag. He hasn't built it yet and may never but, if God hears the prayers of earnest hunters there's a chance. One thing I've taken away from these guys is that experienced, good shooters can hit vitals under field conditions with the right rig out to 600yds. Beyond that is a different world. Like you I find this foreign world fascinating and I wish you luck! You've asked the right guys.

"One should not talk to a skilled hunter about what is forbidden by the Buddha."

- Hsiang-yen by way of Gary Snyder
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I have a friend that built (don’t recall the smith), a leightweight 7PRC that’s his do everything gun. Since we did a latter test with it six months ago it’s accounted for two stag (750 and 375 yards), a couple ibex, a chamois, and some other European sheep.

He lives in Romania most of the time and Idaho the rest. Has his son fly in from Idaho with his rifle and sends it back when he’s done.

He thinks the 7PRC is the answer to your question.

Last edited by David_Walter; 01/13/24.

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
F
fshaw Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
F

Thanks.

Frank

You posted a question that literally is the exact same question on the other thread.

All I did was try to guide you to the other thread where there are plenty of replies already existing answering your question.

Thanks.

Frank

Certainly not a perpetual whine and you’re certainly living up to your reputation here. What an ass. If you read my post as identical to the one below asking about cartridges and calibers in a 700, your reading ability matches your ability to contribute anything meaningful to any thread I’ve seen you post in, Jack Sheit. I hope that there is some small corner of your life where you contribute more to society than you do here. From what I see you’re little more than a continuing irritation, much like a hemorrhoid. I guess what you understand the best, and strive for like an attention seeking unruly child is being a PITA. Great success there you low life scumbag.

There, is that the response you were looking for you douche nozzle. As the gentleman above suggested why don’t you GFY you pathetic little turd. I’ll give you a bit of time to read this to the best of your ability and then delete the you for your input and I apologize for the outburst. Now piss off.

To the gentlemen who contributed above, thank you for your input and I apologize for the outburst. Nearly 15 years on this site and I’ve never had anyone go out of his way to be a little sheit like this guy.

Oh well, glad mot to be him.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Thanks.

Frank

Thanks.

Frank

Certainly not a perpetual whine and you’re certainly living up to your reputation here. What an ass. If you read my post as identical to the one below asking about cartridges and calibers in a 700, your reading ability matches your ability to contribute anything meaningful to any thread I’ve seen you post in, Jack Sheit. I hope that there is some small corner of your life where you contribute more to society than you do here. From what I see you’re little more than a continuing irritation, much like a hemorrhoid. I guess what you understand the best, and strive for like an attention seeking unruly child is being a PITA. Great success there you low life scumbag.

There, is that the response you were looking for you douche nozzle. As the gentleman above suggested why don’t you GFY you pathetic little turd. I’ll give you a bit of time to read this to the best of your ability and then delete the you for your input and I apologize for the outburst. Now piss off.

To the gentlemen who contributed above, thank you for your input and I apologize for the outburst. Nearly 15 years on this site and I’ve never had anyone go out of his way to be a little sheit like this guy.

Oh well, glad mot to be him.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Thanks.

Frank

It has. Apology accepted

Wow, you are a pompous &ss.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Deleted it.

Frank

Don't do that again. No one has any other "authority" over the question you want to ask.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
+1

Adversity doesn't build character, it reveals it.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 78CJ

Thanks.

Frank

It has. Apology accepted

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Thanks.

Frank

It has. Apology accepted

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

So Ricky is being a dick.... again, still... I am not surprised

To the O.P. your thread is perfect and is exactly what the campfire is about, so ask away without shame... the shame is on Ricky

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Yes. Shame on me for letting him know, as he thought, the question has been asked, accepting his apology and pointing him to an existing thread that may help answer his question

Hilarious!

Who told him to delete his OP?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Thanks.

Frank

It has. Apology accepted

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Last edited by rcamuglia; 01/13/24.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yes. Shame on me for letting him know, as he thought, the question has been asked, accepting his apology and pointing him to an existing thread that may help answer his question

Hilarious!

You shamed him into it.... you should not have done that.
He has every right to participate as you do.
Just admit you were wrong , it will gain you credibility

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by irfubar

Hilarious!

You’ve got to be joking.

I shamed him into it. LMFAO

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Hilarious!

BTW while you’re here, answer his OP

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Hilarious!

Sure , this is fun...
I would start with a Bighorn origin action, Brux, Bartlien or Krieger barrel, #3 contour cut to 23"
McMillan game scout stock, Hawkins bottom metal, trigger tech trigger. Hawkins one piece ring/base combo.
Nightforce NXS 2-10x42 scope......
I would probably chamber it in 7mm Rem mag, 1/8 twist, throated for longer bullets, maybe 300 Win mag.
I like common cartridges for brass and ammo availability

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Why is a Bighorn action at $1000 better than a Remington 700 action?

You’re recommending a 2-10X scope for a dedicated long range rifle? A rifle that the OP is putting together for the rest of his life?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

You’re recommending a 2-10X scope for a dedicated long range rifle? A rifle that the OP is putting together for the rest of his life?

Floating interchangeable bolt heat, controlled round feed, if you can't hit an elk or a deer with 10x you need to practice more.
I could be wrong about the premise of the thread as he deleted it, but I thought it was long range hunting?
Target or competition would be a different deal...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Floating interchangeable bolt heat, controlled round feed, if you can't hit an elk or a deer with 10x you need to practice more.
I could be wrong about the premise of the thread as he deleted it, but I thought it was long range hunting?

Recommending a 2-10X scope is immediately disqualifying

Thanks for playing

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Recommending a 2-10X scope is immediately disqualifying

Thanks for playing

Lower power scopes have some advantages, such as spotting hits & misses.
I can hit a beer can at 300 yds with a 4x scope, I suspect a deer at twice that range wouldn't be an issue?
But I am not a long range hunter so I am guessing.... I do enjoy long range steel though.... and I have shot several deer at 400+ yards, longest being 525 yds and my 2-7 scope worked fine for those ranges.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
But I am not a long range hunter so I am guessing....

Why are you weighing in on a subject in which you have zero experience?

But again, thanks for playing and admitting it

I’m sure the OP is taking note

👍🏼

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

👍🏼
Being civil and respectful with you is a waste of time....

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

👍🏼
Being civil and respectful with you is a waste of time....

Again, why are you giving advice to someone on a subject to which you admit to have no expertise?

It’s just a legitimate question

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Hilarious!

Ummmm.... you asked , I obliged...
I don't usually comment on things I don't have first hand experience with. I have shot steel to 1000yds many times though, so I'm not completely clueless

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Get an old 700. Upgrade to m16 style extractor and slap a decent trigger in it After blue print, you'll be in it for 6 or 700. Use the money you saved on brass and bullets.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I seem to recall, Scenar shooter using and endorsing a S&B 10X and I would put his resume up against yours any day and twice on Sunday..
You are a poser....

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I don't usually comment on things I don't have first hand experience with.

That was what you should have posted in the first place instead of giving the OP an uneducated opinion

This is why people who have legitimate questions get confused on Internet forums.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

That was what you should have posted in the first place instead of giving the OP an uneducated opinion

This is why people who have legitimate questions get confused on Internet forums.
Oh sure we all know Scenar shooter was wrong also for using a 10X.... a 2nd focal plane 10X Nightforce is not a guess, it will work and work well

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I seem to recall, Scenar shooter using and endorsing a S&B 10X and I would put his resume up against yours any day and twice on Sunday..
You are a poser....

So suddenly it’s my resume compared to scenarshooters. Nice deflection

Post yours since you’re the one giving recommendations on long range hunting and shooting without any experience

I’ll wait.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You are a poser....

Post yours since your the one giving recommendations on long range hunting and shooting without any experience

I’ll wait.
I have already posted mine... many times , with pic's ... most recently just a few days ago

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You are a poser....

Post yours since your the one giving recommendations on long range hunting and shooting without any experience

I’ll wait.
I have already posted mine... many times , with pic's ... most recently just a few days ago

Which lacks long range hunting and shooting experience to which you readily admit.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You are a poser....

I’ll wait.

Which lacks long range hunting and shooting experience to which you readily admit.

You are batchit crazy......

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You are a poser....

I’ll wait.

Oh and dumbshit , unlike you that posted a pic of a friends ram, I posted a pic of my ram..... you are a poser

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I understand... honesty and integrity really threatens you....

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Incredible

LMFAO

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You are a poser....

I’ll wait.

Oh and dumbshit , unlike you that posted a pic of a friends ram, I posted a pic of my ram..... you are a poser

You stupid fuqk.

The pic of the ram was proof of a Leupold Mark 5 that tested perfectly

Don’t gaslight dickface

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Incredible

LMFAO
Literally every thread you participate in turns into a pissing match..... the common denominator is YOU....
Too bad you don't have any friends for an intervention... good luck scooter

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Incredible

LMFAO
Literally every thread you participate in turns into a pissing match..... the common denominator is YOU....

Actually it’s you.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You are a poser....

I’ll wait.

You stupid fuqk.

Don’t gaslight dickface
Doesn't prove a thing, I know many hunters that have killed a lot of game with a bubble pack tasco....

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You are a poser....

I’ll wait.

You stupid fuqk.

Don’t gaslight dickface
Doesn't prove a thing, I know many hunters that have killed a lot of game with a bubble pack tasco....

You’re claiming I posted the photo for other reasons

You’re a lying gaslighting dickface

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Incredible

LMFAO

Actually it’s you.
My only pissing matches here involve leftist...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You are a poser....

I’ll wait.

You stupid fuqk.

Don’t gaslight dickface

It left me and others with the impression it was yours... so much so someone even asked you if it was yours.... good try, scooter

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Incredible

LMFAO

Actually it’s you.

You’re spraying piss all over in a thread topic you’ve admitted to know nothing about.

Fuqking hilarious!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Incredible

LMFAO

Actually it’s you.

You’re spraying piss all over in a thread topic you’ve admitted to know nothing about.

Fuqking hilarious!

Maybe when you posted the bighorn pic you should have disclosed it was a buddies ram.... but nooo... you had to be questioned about it.
Integrity matters

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You are a poser....

I’ll wait.

You stupid fuqk.

Don’t gaslight dickface

I now understand why you have never married... cannot have two hormonal menstruating women in one house..... lol

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Incredible

LMFAO

Actually it’s you.

Fuqking hilarious!

Maybe when you posted the bighorn pic you should have disclosed it was a buddies ram.... but nooo... you had to be questioned about it.
Integrity matters

Here’s the thread. Clearly stated the scope was a friend’s that my gunsmith mounted on his rifle after he bought it from another of my friends

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/19106132/1

You lying piece of shit

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Incredible

LMFAO

Actually it’s you.

Fuqking hilarious!

Integrity matters

Here’s the thread. Clearly stated the scope was a friend’s that my gunsmith mounted on his rifle after he bought it from another of my friends

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/19106132/1

You lying piece of shit

Linky no worky

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Evening all! Ricky, how the hell are you doing? Where is Burnsy at tonight?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Crazy Eyes

GOA
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Amazing how Burnsy, Stick & Ricky all think we are envious and jealous..... batshit crazy...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
fshaw, apologies for your thread taking a turn sideways.

I hope that you can dismiss the bs here and get the feedback you seek.

And your thread steers back on course.

GOA
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Mr_TooDogs

I’m sure he accepts your apology

😂😂😂

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Amazing how Burnsy, Stick & Ricky all think we are envious and jealous..... batshit crazy...

Yep.... Yo Burnsy where you at ole buddy?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

😂😂😂

Ricky, how is your evening going?

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
A lot of good advice here, were i too build just one for life, I'd buy 5 barrels, have them chambered, indexed, head spaced and numbered, buy 1000 sticks of brass and all the primers, powder and bullets known to be accurate in the cartridge you choose, bullets would be a mix for paper/steel and hunting, a good stock, bases, rings and glass and you're set.

Trump Won!
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by 6mmCreedmoor

😂😂😂

Ricky, how is your evening going?

Probably not well. He's a miserable little f uck.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by gunner500
A lot of good advice here, were i too build just one for life, I'd buy 5 barrels, have them chambered, indexed, head spaced and numbered, buy 1000 sticks of brass and all the primers, powder and bullets known to be accurate in the cartridge you choose, bullets would be a mix for paper/steel and hunting, a good stock, bases, rings and glass and you're set.

Always good to have some spares on hand. Not a horrible way to fly!

Semper Fi
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Getting harder to scroll through all the multiple quote flamers trying to learn something about another's ideas to fill a need. I bought my 7mm mag in 1970 , a 700 Adl, paid a $125 for it with 4 boxes of brass. dies, and 2 boxes of 175 gr bullets. Wore a couple different scopes till 1978 when I put on a Redfield jr one piece base and rings to hold a new Leupold Vari X lll 2.5x 8 still on there 46 years later. Trouble free pretty much till 2014 for some strange reason the original stainless barrel was wore out . Bought a unused Remington 7 mm mag take off barrel for 50 bucks cost a hundred to get it installed. It has a tighter chamber than the original and shoots nice but just in case I have another in the wings ready for duty and 2 other 7 mags to share the shooting volume. Oh yeah still using the original Walker trigger, bolt handle, and extractor. Just in case I have another 700 7 mag newer with a factory 26" barrel but I only use it way out in the grass where no one can see it so no one can tell me how fugging stupid it is to have a barrel that long. The backup to the backup is a Sako L61R that speaks for it self. Extra barrels plenty of brass gunner 50 hit it..mb

Last edited by Magnum_Bob; 01/14/24.

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I have a T3 Tikka I do that with. So far 6.5 Creedmoor, 308, 22 Creedmoor, more to come. Since Tikkas headspace so well across actions, I just buy used barrels in calibers/cartridges I want and press on.

Dedicated scope in sportsmatch rings means return to zero is spot on every time.

Originally Posted by gunner500

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Gunners plan is solid.
Another thing I like about the Bighorn action is that it takes Savage pre-fit barrels, with the barrel nut.
You set the headspace yourself, and if you get bored with the chambering you can swap barrels and bolt heads.
I hope my post doesn't upset Ricky? lol

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob
Getting harder to scroll through all the multiple quote flamers trying to learn something about another's ideas to fill a need. I bought my 7mm mag in 1970 , a 700 Adl, paid a $125 for it with 4 boxes of brass. dies, and 2 boxes of 175 gr bullets. Wore a couple different scopes till 1978 when I put on a Redfield jr one piece base and rings to hold a new Leupold Vari X lll 2.5x 8 still on there 46 years later. Trouble free pretty much till 2014 for some strange reason the original stainless barrel was wore out . Bought a unused Remington 7 mm mag take off barrel for 50 bucks cost a hundred to get it installed. It has a tighter chamber than the original and shoots nice but just in case I have another in the wings ready for duty and 2 other 7 mags to share the shooting volume. Oh yeah still using the original Walker trigger, bolt handle, and extractor. Just in case I have another 700 7 mag newer with a factory 26" barrel but I only use it way out in the grass where no one can see it so no one can tell me how fugging stupid it is to have a barrel that long. The backup to the backup is a Sako L61R that speaks for it self. Extra barrels plenty of brass gunner 50 hit it..mb

That is pretty bad ass man. Bet it's put alot of meat on the table and good memories. 7 rem mag is the best of the Sevens no doubt.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Did the lifetime build in 2014.

Had two Borden rifles built, 300 WSM & 280 Ackley. Did not need them as I already numerous 280’s, a prized 7 Wby MK V & many 308’s. However, the 300 WSM fascinated me. I now have two them, the Borden & a Sako 85 Finnlight.

I’m not sorry.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

And???????????????

https://thehandloadinglog.wordpress.com
μολὼν λαβέ

"Weatherby was too long so I nicknamed it "Bee""
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Fotis

And???????????????

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
+2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I like that BAT HR action but I went DIY route:

Defiance Ruckus
Proof Pre-Fit carbon
McMillan Game Hunter
Trigger Tech Trigger
Hawkins Hunter DBM
Leupold 5HD
ARC rings

Done this combo 3X, #4 in works.

If I were having a smith build it, I might consider other barrel/action options but I really like Defiance/Proof, only downside is limited chamberings from Proof.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Last edited by 257Bob; 01/18/24.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Nice looking shooting irons!

What do those weigh as is? Cartridges?

Adversity doesn't build character, it reveals it.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by bwinters
Nice looking shooting irons!

What do those weigh as is? Cartridges?

That built from scratch isn't a bad concept either. It'd be kinda nice to have a bench top of parts and turn it into a rifle in a few hours.

Great looking rifles 257..

Semper Fi
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

594 members (22250rem, 160user, 1936M71, 007FJ, 10Glocks, 260Remguy, 62 invisible), 2,536 guests, and 1,250 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,479
Posts18,490,041
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.