-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
Seems like I only make these these in January.

I usually throw in some cumin and then Tony Chachares to taste.

RANCH BEANS

2 lbs of Pink beans, or Pinto beans. Soak overnight if you want, I usually will soak for 10 min, and flush, use new water, and start it to a simmer.

2 Lbs of Yellow onions. Chopped

2 Green Bell Peppers (careful not to get too much bell pepper as it can make the beans taste too sweet)

6 cloves of Garlic (or more) (Substitute garlic powder to taste if you don’t have the cloves.

2 Lbs of bacon, fry it, dry it off, or slice uncooked in the pot. Frying it removes alot of greese, and also alot of flavor, your choice.

1 ham hock, maybe 2, I like smoked ham hocks better, but either will work.

6-12 Celery sticks cut in 3/8 to 1/2 pieces.

Cumin (start with 2 tablespoons and add to suit your taste)

chili powder (same as above, I just keep adding until it suits me, dont get stingy, and dont overdo it....grin)

Salt to taste

Pepper (be careful, dont ad

Two large cans of whole tomatoes, maybe three, add juice and all to your beans.

Let cook at a simmer for 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 hours. Dont cook them so long the beans break down.

You can freeze them after cooked, and cooled down in large freezer bags and them you can have great beans for dinner at your leasure.

You can cut this recipe in half and it will make a nice large two gallon or so pot of beans.

Try these boys, and I think you will like them. Myself, I have done the bacon either way, and just slicing them up and throwing them in tastes best, but it should, it has all of that bacon greese in it.

Make sure you have enough water, you want at least the upper third of the pot to be liquid.

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
GB1

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
You’re reading my mail! Made a pot w exact same ingredients last week! It is exceptionally good. Rock on.

America, Our Country and we’re taking it back.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Higginez
Seems like I only make these these in January.

I usually throw in some cumin and then Tony Chachares to taste.

RANCH BEANS

2 lbs of Pink beans, or Pinto beans. Soak overnight if you want, I usually will soak for 10 min, and flush, use new water, and start it to a simmer.

2 Lbs of Yellow onions. Chopped

2 Green Bell Peppers (careful not to get too much bell pepper as it can make the beans taste too sweet)

6 cloves of Garlic (or more) (Substitute garlic powder to taste if you don’t have the cloves.

2 Lbs of bacon, fry it, dry it off, or slice uncooked in the pot. Frying it removes alot of greese, and also alot of flavor, your choice.

1 ham hock, maybe 2, I like smoked ham hocks better, but either will work.

6-12 Celery sticks cut in 3/8 to 1/2 pieces.

Cumin (start with 2 tablespoons and add to suit your taste)

chili powder (same as above, I just keep adding until it suits me, dont get stingy, and dont overdo it....grin)

Salt to taste

Pepper (be careful, dont ad

Two large cans of whole tomatoes, maybe three, add juice and all to your beans.

Let cook at a simmer for 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 hours. Dont cook them so long the beans break down.

You can freeze them after cooked, and cooled down in large freezer bags and them you can have great beans for dinner at your leasure.

You can cut this recipe in half and it will make a nice large two gallon or so pot of beans.

Try these boys, and I think you will like them. Myself, I have done the bacon either way, and just slicing them up and throwing them in tastes best, but it should, it has all of that bacon greese in it.

Make sure you have enough water, you want at least the upper third of the pot to be liquid.

Hig, That is almost exactly my recipe. Works great. I typically use smoked ham shanks instead of hocks because they have more meat on them.. or I will use pancetta instead of bacon.

Either way, it's a very dependable recipe. If I make it with red beans, I usually throw in some smoked sausage.

Very stick to your ribs recipe.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
That's a lot of celery!

I am MAGA.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

588 members (1badf350, 1234, 160user, 16penny, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 54 invisible), 2,417 guests, and 1,344 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,641
Posts18,474,477
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.