Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
We've all known it has been going on for many years, but hearing it on audio is disgusting and slimy.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Jcubed
Originally Posted by Steve
Okay, let's get back to the point.

The head of the Republican party in AZ was trying to bribe Kari Lake not to run. Lake has incontrovertible proof of it.

What is the opinion of the fire on this matter and how will it all play out.

(and please for the love of all that's good don't get hung up on my use of the word 'incontrovertible'.)

Unless she told him she was recording, she has nothing...

Per the state laws of az.

It is literally a wag the dog moment.

But I'm not a JD
The recording may not mean a thing in court but it is entirely different in the minds of everyone that hears it.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Wannabebwana
Originally Posted by Valsdad
in some jurisdictions one has an expectation of not being recorded without their consent. Whether they are involved in something criminal or not. Unless a warrant for it has been issued by a judge.

therefor, in some places it's an issue in legal proceedings regardless of whether you or I or the Popo are doing the recording

Your expectations don’t trump the law. This isn’t about the police conducting illegal surveillance. It’s about ordinary people who choose to record their interaction with others. They’re not required to get your consent, whether it’s a person audio recording you or a store using a CCTV recorder. Some may give the courtesy of notifying you you’re being recorded (as an additional theft deterrrent), but they’re not required to obtain your consent.

Same reason you can’t stop someone from filming you in a public place, and a cop can’t stop you from filming him during a traffic stop.

My expectations, where I live, are that the other party involved follows the law. Anyone I'm talking to on the phone must let me know I'm being recorded, therefor the message at the beginning of most business calls to a customer service dept.

you may want to check out more info on where you live. Most places, when in public you are correct for the most part. Private conversations are different in some jurisdictions. And private conversations, as in the one between Lake and Dewitt, are what I've been discussing here. What happens in public is.........well.........public

Just how it is here in Cali:.

https://recordinglaw.com/party-two-party-consent-states/california-recording-laws/

California Recording Law Summary:

California’s principle recording law (Cal. Penal Code § 632.) stipulates that it is a two-party consent state. In California, it is a criminal offense to use any device to record communications, whether they’re wire, oral or electronic, without the consent of everyone taking part in the communication. This means that in California you are not legally allowed to record a conversation you are taking part in unless all parties are in agreement. However, there are a few exceptions such as:

Public conversations with no expectation of privacy
Within government proceedings that are open to the public
Recording certain crimes

California also has a wiretapping law (Cal. Penal Code § 632.) which can result in criminal prosecution for the unauthorized recording of a phone line (or other media).

Here's a map of the US if you're interested. I'm not going to look up Canada as that's not under discussion here

https://recordinglaw.com/party-two-party-consent-states/

Last edited by Valsdad; 01/23/24.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
Originally Posted by Jim1611
The recording may not mean a thing in court but it is entirely different in the minds of everyone that hears it.

Indeed. It's not whether it is admissible or whether it is inadmissible, it's about what it is. And anyone who hears it knows right away what it is. Corruption at work.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Dude!

is that Flake talking to her? She mentioned "Jeff"

Ah, both of us typing at same time. DeWitt.

Sounded like Kari was trying to have her lunch when that twit called her. Lol.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
IC B2

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Lake has verified the recording is real.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Does it matter? Az is a one party consent state.

Do you think he would have had the conversation if he knew he was going to be recorded? He didn't even want to have the conversation over the phone.

Dude stepped on his dick. Be interesting if he faces any consequences or just gets promoted into a beltway job.

Yes, it matters, Hillary.

Az has laws.
One party consent or knowledge of the conversation being recorded is ALL that's required to make a recording legal and admissible as evidence in court.
Numerous states have such laws, which is the way it should be everywhere.

Yep, he stepped on his dick big time.
Bastard needs a long prison sentence, or a long drop on a short rope.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Jcubed,

You’re a fugking idiot. Go cheer for Cuckraine some more.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by MickeyD
Yep, he stepped on his dick big time. Bastard needs a long prison sentence, or a long drop on a short rope.

He does. But he's just the errand boy.

What we really want to know, who is he working for "back east"?

Waterboard him first and save some of that rope ..........

Last edited by SupFoo; 01/23/24.
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by SupFoo
Originally Posted by MickeyD
Yep, he stepped on his dick big time. Bastard needs a long prison sentence, or a long drop on a short rope.

He does. But he's just the errand boy.

What we really want to know, is who is he working for "back east".

Save some of that rope ..........
Start a list:

Ronna
Mitch
Lindsay
Schmucky

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Wow. Not that I didn't know that bribes and deals were a daily occurrence in politics, but this was just amazingly slimy. Like made-for-tv movie slimy.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Yep, water boarding sounds very appropriate.
We absolutely need to get names. If we actually got the names the biggest problem I can foresee would be finding enough rope to get the job done.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by Ben_Lurkin
She better be careful. First attempt is usually the carrot. The second is a stick.
Recording this conversation and 'leaking it' may well prove to pretty good life insurance for Kari.

Just saying....

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
In Googleing this 'one party' issue as it pertains to Arizona law it appears that Arizona has a potential exception to 'one party consent' in a situation where there is a reasonable expectation of privacy in which case it may be necessary for all to be aware of the recording taking place.

Not at all sure what the full text of the applicable laws say or how it may apply in this specific situation. This is just what I Googled. Could be right, or wrong, or somewhere in between.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Obviously as an AZ resident you’re unaware of the laws right?

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
If this was directed at me please note that I specifically stated that the above was simply what Goole brought up and noted that I did not know what the full text of the applicable laws stated.
One party consent laws are very likely to vary from one state to another which is why I went to Google. I didn't want to have to read through perhaps several pages of laws that may pertain to a situation such as this so was looking for a brief summary.

Please enlighten us.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
M
M16 Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
I’d be willing to bet the other side was recording as well. If she had accepted the bribe it would be great blackmail material in the future.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Wannabebwana
Again, Az is a one party consent state regarding recording of conversations. <- Laws.

Well, go change them...

What is your problem with telling someone they will be recorded for the record?

Seems odd.

That's about the most naive thing I've ever read on the fire.

How so?

do you really think folks are going to say incriminating things if they know they are being recorded?

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
It would be prudent for Kari to record all phone calls. It could be proven easily in court that you have no expectation of privacy using public communications. The FBI is making a lot of their arrests by accessing phone data and they can get all they want on anyone they want.

Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

393 members (1badf350, 163bc, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 1Longbow, 41 invisible), 2,010 guests, and 1,111 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,216
Posts18,504,034
Members73,994
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.