Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
C
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Otter
Lived there for 50 years. Born in Fremont, grew up in Hooper. Still have part of a farm near there. Went to HS in South Sioux City and college in Lincoln. LOTS of relatives and friends spread out all over the state still.
We used to drive to Hooper, when the drag strip was still open. Drink beer and watch the races.

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Two weekends ago I was in Omaha visiting relatives serving at Offutt AFB...it was -20 degree, actual temperature, and -40 degree wind chill!!

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. Ronald Reagan
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Cecil56
Originally Posted by Otter
Lived there for 50 years. Born in Fremont, grew up in Hooper. Still have part of a farm near there. Went to HS in South Sioux City and college in Lincoln. LOTS of relatives and friends spread out all over the state still.
We used to drive to Hooper, when the drag strip was still open. Drink beer and watch the races.

Hooper dragway opened up after the shutdown the Omaha Raceway which was down the road from the Sapp Brothers coffee pot just off I-80 in the 60ā€™s early 70ā€™s.

Swifty
E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Ever find a prize in ur serial box

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by earlybrd

Me an my bros used fight like dogs over those.

FJB & FJT
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

There's enough states that he'll milk this inanity until next Thanksgiving.....

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gonehuntin

There's enough states that he'll milk this inanity until next Thanksgiving.....
There is lot's of insane folks out there. Wabi can do this every month for years. It's sure fun reading some of the replies. I think Indiana would be a good choice for next month. Or maybe Idaho or Ohio. Don't they grow potatoes in Ohio ??

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Jamse has wurms

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Tjey have a country fair? Iā€™m told šŸ˜

Gilbert likes tge caughton candies and dairie princess! Just that.

E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Jamse grose coughee beens

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Raeford

Monster Mitts were found in Honey-Comb cereal in 1974. They were cheap plastic gloves with ghoulish designs. One looked like skin was unzipping to expose bones. Another had blue veins and an eyeball. Another was scaly like a sea monster and, in fact, showed Loch Ness style sea monster. The fourth one had red veins with a spider crawling up them.
[Linked Image from mrbreakfast.com]

Surfers Ahoy!" Around 1983, Crunch Berries and other varieties of Cap'n Crunch offered snap-together Cap'n Crunch Surfers. There were 3 possible Surfers in the shapes of Cap'n Crunch, his pirate foe Jean La Foote or his friend Smedley the elephant.

Wheat Honeys and Rice Honeys were popular cereals from Nabisco in the late 50s and early 60s. Our favorite prize from those cereals was a spring-propelled Two-Stage Rocket. "Free High-Flying Two Stage Rocket. Count down... press the launcher... and off it zooms, separating mid-air! Comes in red or blue.Ā 

Ā In 1987, boxes of Count Chocula and Franken Berry contained one of three sets of Monster Disguise Stickers. You could use them to have scary eyebrows, bloody fangs, facial scars, a bolt in your neck or even another eye in the middle of your forehead.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by JeffA

Monster Mitts were found in Honey-Comb cereal in 1974. They were cheap plastic gloves with ghoulish designs. One looked like skin was unzipping to expose bones. Another had blue veins and an eyeball. Another was scaly like a sea monster and, in fact, showed Loch Ness style sea monster. The fourth one had red veins with a spider crawling up them.

Surfers Ahoy!" Around 1983, Crunch Berries and other varieties of Cap'n Crunch offered snap-together Cap'n Crunch Surfers. There were 3 possible Surfers in the shapes of Cap'n Crunch, his pirate foe Jean La Foote or his friend Smedley the elephant.

Wheat Honeys and Rice Honeys were popular cereals from Nabisco in the late 50s and early 60s. Our favorite prize from those cereals was a spring-propelled Two-Stage Rocket. "Free High-Flying Two Stage Rocket. Count down... press the launcher... and off it zooms, separating mid-air! Comes in red or blue.Ā 

Ā In 1987, boxes of Count Chocula and Franken Berry contained one of three sets of Monster Disguise Stickers. You could use them to have scary eyebrows, bloody fangs, facial scars, a bolt in your neck or even another eye in the middle of your forehead.

Buncha damn lucky rich kids!

We had a huge plastic bag of some sort of "puffed rice".

No prizes in it, 'cept the occasional rat turd in the bottom of the bag.

E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by JeffA

I never had cugnt choklee

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Tide_Change
Buncha damn lucky rich kids!

We had a huge plastic bag of some sort of "puffed rice".

No prizes in it, 'cept the occasional rat turd in the bottom of the bag.

If ya had only stepped it up to Puffed Wheat Cereal.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Rice Krispies was sorta like Puffed Rice and they gave away an actual working "Atomic Sub"

In the early 60s, several varieties of Kellogg's cereals offered small plastic submarines that were called either atom subs or atomic subs, depending on the cereal box.
As opposed to Uranium or Plutonium, these subs were fueled by baking powder which caused the subs to crash dive into the water and resurface. "Collect a fleet of these great little subs and race them. Oceans of fun! (in the bathtub or washbasin)"
As decades passed, other cereals offered similar products like the Cap'n Crunch Super Sub offered in the 70s.

E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Cool

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
WAIT, I FOUND ONE!

In 1955, Quaker Cereals including Puffed Rice and Puffed Wheat offered a "real deed of ownership to 1 square inch of land in Yukon Gold Rush Country!" The prize was part of cross promotion with the radio showĀ Sergeant Preston of the Yukon. "Just sign your name to deed... and become owner of property in famous Gold Rush country!"Ā 

Deed To 1-Inch Of Land In The Yukon

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My 'atomic sub' always made my cereal taste funny.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

128 members (35, 338Rules, 257 mag, 10Glocks, 300_savage, 13 invisible), 1,607 guests, and 931 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,538
Posts18,531,092
Members74,039
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.