Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Valsdad Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Good news so far. St Benitez comes through again. CA may appeal, but given Bruen I don't think Benitez's ruling will get overturned. I may be able to order some ammo from Mackay now!

https://crpa.org/news/blogs/breaking-huge-win-in-rhode-v-bonta/

California gun owners got great news today when Judge Roger Benitez announced he is upholding CRPA’s challenges in Rhode v. Bonta. This case seeks to overturn the state’s restrictions on ammunition purchases.

Rhode v. Bonta (challenging ammunition restrictions) has worked its way up and down the court system for eight years. Along with Duncan v. Bonta, these cases were both at the Ninth Circuit level last year, awaiting the much anticipated Bruen decision by the Supreme Court. Once that decision came down, Rhode and Duncan were both remanded back to the lower courts for supplemental briefing. Our friends at Ammunition Depot joined with CRPA and other individual and company plaintiffs to support this case through all of the legal twists and turns.

Named plaintiff and Olympic champion Kim Rhode celebrated the announcement: “Like I initially stated to Gavin Newsom, “always happy to teach you about the guns and ammo you don’t trust me to own.” I’m happy that the courts agreed with me. Many generations of hunters, outdoorsmen and Olympians will be able to train and pass on the shooting heritage for many generations. I will never stop fighting for the 2nd Amendment and what I believe to be right and the court’s ruling supports that.

Both cases were intensely watched by Second Amendment advocates buoyed by the announcement of the Bruen decision last summer. Today’s ruling, while the state will most certainly appeal them, represent continued progress in rolling back decades of attacks on the rights of lawful gun owners.

“Today’s ruling represents continued affirmation that the Bruen decision, and Heller before that, represent a sea change in the way courts must look at these absurdly restrictive laws,” stated CRPA President & General Counsel Chuck Michel. “Sure, the state will appeal, but the clock is ticking on laws that violate the Constitution.”

Lead attorney for the Rhode case, Sean Brady of Michel & Associates, noted, “this particular background check system, instituted by California law, was so egregious and over the top that Judge Benitez never faltered in his determinations from his earlier rulings which gave gun owners a win. Today’s ruling reiterates that California’s restrictions on ammunition purchasing are unconstitutional under yet another ruling in our favor and one that is in line with the Supreme Court opinion in Bruen.”

CRPA is proud to stand side by side with plaintiffs like Ammunition Depot, Sam’s Shooter’s Emporium, and Able Ammo in this major challenge to unconstitutional laws in California. It takes this type of collaboration to bring about big wins for gun owners.

Stay tuned to CRPA News, emails, and social feeds for continued updates as our legal team breaks down the rulings and provides a roadmap for what lies ahead. We will also have more information as Judge Benitez’s decision is analyzed, and we can determine what happens next for these cases and your rights as gun owners.

In the meantime, you can give to cases like these, DONATE, to help us keep the wins coming! We are NOT DONE YET!

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Saw that, great to hear. When will it go in effect? When/can will we be able to go back to "normal" ?

Old Corps

Semper Fi

FJB
Valsdad Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
I was wondering the same Craigster. All I know is what's in that notification.

I imagine Gavin et al will appeal the decision................again............and hope to have an en banc panel hear it in the 9th. But seeing as how it was sent back to Benitez in light of Bruen, I doubt they'll have much success. Delaying tactics is all they have. Right up to SCOTUS if they have to.

I'm wondering if we have an opening right now, as it seems the injunction against the law stands.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

Valsdad Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Well, I think these folks were one of the plaintiffs and they say the store is open

https://www.ammunitiondepot.com/blog/california-can-order-ammo-online-again-no-background-checks

3 hours ago 5967 view(s)
California Can Order Ammo Online Again, No Background Checks!

Californians!

A decision that directly affects your ability to order ammunition to your homes is here! Ammunition Depot is very proud to be directly involved in this effort as a plaintiff in the lawsuit against California.

The Honorable Judge Roger T. Benitez has made his decision known, and we are celebrating a favorable outcome for all our friends and customers in California.

Since the decision has gone our way, Californians are now able to shop online for ammunition like the rest of FREE AMERICA and have it shipped to their homes instead of the local gunshop or FFL for transfer.

For many, many years now, California and other states have restricted the purchase of ammunition online, preventing Americans from having it delivered to their door and forcing them to go to stores to transfer ammunition the way firearms are transferred.

This process was debilitating, slow, and tedious compared to shopping online and having your ammo shipment delivered directly to your door. Now, California has the same freedom and convenience that the rest of free America enjoys!

Take advantage of this opportunity, as this is not set in stone! Make your purchase today, right now, and get ahead of the rush! Shipment will be delivered directly to your door.

In April 2020, when Judge Benitez announced his ruling that allowed the online purchase and home delivery of ammunition products in CA, the window of opportunity closed within two days!

Do not wait; we may see a similarly short timeline that stops California-bound orders placed just 48 hours from now!

We hope that our friends and customers in CA can enjoy online ammo purchasing freedoms for years to come, of course, but there are powerful forces that can overturn the good Judge Benitez’s decision quickly.

Celebrate your Second Amendment rights, California! Purchase your training and defensive ammunition from the convenience of your couch, and expect delivery to your doorstep!

Ammunition Depot has fought this battle for California alongside trusted industry partners for years and is incredibly proud to see the result today.

For additional details, check out the recently published PR Newswire Press Release Article outlining how Ammunition Depot and Others Declare Legal Victory for California Gun-Owners.

In it is contentment

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
This is like watching a tennis match, the ball being Rhode v Bonta. I wonder how many more appeals remain. At least in poker, at some point somebody has to show some cards. About the only way to figure out this thing is to see who starts accepting California orders?

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
IC B2

Valsdad Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
I'm guessing that ammunitiondepot place is accepting orders now according to their website message.

I'm going to check a couple of others.

In it is contentment

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Thanks Geno...I thought you may have died in the "atmospheric river". In the old days it was forecast language like, "periods of rain, windy".

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
Valsdad Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by flintlocke
Thanks Geno...I thought you may have died in the "atmospheric river". In the old days it was forecast language like, "periods of rain, windy".
Ha,

in the old days I remember it was called the Pineapple Express. But, they no longer want to offend pineapples I guess.

We are just getting the stronger winds, not rain to speak of, and not really expecting much on this side of the Cascades. Hopefully the Warners get more snow as it's gotten quite thin the last week or so.

In it is contentment

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
i assume the NRA funded this lawsuit?

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Valsdad Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by gitem_12
I think they "helped out" but it's mostly a CRPA (CA Rifle and Pistol Assoc) case along with whatever the plaintiffs kicked in and donations from others. Sometimes in these cases NRA (ILA I think), SAF, GOA and some others file amicus briefs too, which means they paid for their lawyers to write them.

In it is contentment

IC B3

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
https://fenixammo.com/ Is offering direct shipping to California residents, get it while you can!

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C

Old Corps

Semper Fi

FJB
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Woodsman1991
https://fenixammo.com/ Is offering direct shipping to California residents, get it while you can!

$400 for 1k rounds of 9mm fmj? Lmao, I'll pass.

Valsdad Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by hardway

$400 for 1k rounds of 9mm fmj? Lmao, I'll pass.
$285 per case more to your liking? From one of the plaintiffs in the case.

https://www.ammunitiondepot.com/w9mm50-winchester-target-practice-9mm-115-grain-fmj.html

In it is contentment

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Sarcasm?

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
C
Campfire Regular
Online Happy
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Craigster
Saw that, great to hear. When will it go in effect? When/can will we be able to go back to "normal" ?

It will never go back to normal, (whatever that is,) it will be a perpetual fight.

Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth.
George Washington

Willie, smile
Coquille Valley Machine Works
541-260-6246
[email protected]

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
Fenix ammo has always been a ripoff. I can't wait to see their prices now..fuggin grifters

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Bonta is a complete piece of S H I T.
Cut from the same mold as Newscum.

Proud NRA Life Member
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Just made a test run on some pistol ammo.
Everything went well with the purchase so far.

Ammunition Depot, online purchase.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Valsdad
I think they "helped out" but it's mostly a CRPA (CA Rifle and Pistol Assoc) case along with whatever the plaintiffs kicked in and donations from others. Sometimes in these cases NRA (ILA I think), SAF, GOA and some others file amicus briefs too, which means they paid for their lawyers to write them.

my statement was a sort of sarcastic. and pointed to all the folks who still think the NRA is a worthy group that "fights" for our rights. filing amicus briefs is not fighting. is akin to spouting here, here after a speech on a bully pulpit.

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

481 members (219 Wasp, 1badf350, 12344mag, 1Longbow, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 54 invisible), 2,345 guests, and 1,197 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,144
Posts18,502,772
Members73,991
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.