Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Trump says AB needs a second chance. Of course that was a paid for advertisement as he sits down with AB for some political $$$$$.

Just another politician...

Trump calls time on Bud Light boycott and says it's paid the price for partnership with Dylan Mulvaney - and says parent company Anheuser-Busch is a 'Great American Brand' that deserves a 'Second Chance'
Trump said Bud Light partnership with trans-influencer Dylan Mulvaney was 'mistake of epic proportions'
He is due to attend a fundraiser organized by Anheuser-Busch InBev lobbyist Jeff Miller next month
AB InBev lost $400 million in sales amid conservative backlash

By BETHAN SEXTON PUBLISHED: 21:46 EST, 6 February 2024 | UPDATED: 02:32 EST, 7 February 2024

Donald Trump has U-turned on his stance over 'woke' Bud Light and suggested the beer deserves a 'second chance' just weeks ahead of a fundraiser organized by a lobbyist for the beer's parent company.

The presidential hopeful called for an end to the Bud Light boycott which was sparked by its disastrous campaign with trans-activist Dylan Mulvaney. The former president said the partnership was a 'mistake of epic proportions' for which a 'very big price was paid.'

But he insisted that parent company Anheuser-Busch InBev was not a 'woke company' as he threatened to release a list of those that are. His comments came ahead of a fundraiser organized by a major Republican lobbyist for the company in March, where tickets are selling for $10,000 each. The event will be attended by dozens of members of Congress, Republican leaders as well as Donald Trump Jr.'

'Anheuser-Busch spends $700 Million a year with our GREAT Farmers, employ 65 thousand Americans, of which 1,500 are Veterans, and is a Founding Corporate Partner of Folds of Honor, which provides Scholarships for families of fallen Servicemen & Women,' he wrote on social media platform Truth Social on Tuesday.

His comments mark a stark departure from his previous stance in May, when he slammed the makers of Bud Light for pandering to ‘the radical Left,’ Then, Trump backed a conservative author who called the ad campaign ‘a woke, clueless, incredibly dumb miscalculation.’

His climb down comes exactly a month before he is due to meet with AB InBev lobbyist Jeff Miller, a close ally to former Speaker Kevin McCarthy, who is hosting a fundraiser for the presidential hopeful in Washington D.C.

The brewing giant paid Miller's firm $260,000 in 2023, according to lobbying disclosures seen by Politico.

Meanwhile Trump is drowning in more than $76 million of legal fees resulting from various civil and criminal trials. On top of this, he faces the prospect of paying out a further $83 million in defamation damages following E. Jean Carroll's monumental win.

Bud Light is the official beer sponsor of the Super Bowl, but has struggled with a slump in sales since April 2023 when the Mulvaney partnership began with a personalized can. The backlash against the marketing ploy was so great it cost $400million in sales and saw the beer lost its American title. Musician Kid Rock, NFL player Trae Waynes and model Bri Teresi were among the high-profile faces expressing their disapproval, filming themselves shooting cans of the beer.

The fallout led to a devastating stretch for Bud Light, where it suffered repeat double-digit revenue drops on a near-weekly basis. Nationwide backlash to the company's marketing even led to some stores selling the beer for less than water, as the parent company lost a staggering $6 billion in market capital in just six days after the advertising.

Fans also criticized the company's response to the controversy, where it was seen by some as over-compensating with overtly patriotic advertising to try and right the ship.

As the dip in revenue continued throughout the year, it hurt the profits of Anheuser-Busch InBev, the world's largest brewer that produces a large number of beers including Budweiser, Michelob, and Stella Artois.

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
No - because that would imply I drank it to begin with.

Me

RAS Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
No, I will not.

Trump can drink it if he wants to. And I think he is kind of a sellout for endorsing them.

"...aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one." - Paul to the church in Thessalonica.

O
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
O
Never again I like miller lite but I’ll quit them if any woke stuff

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Teal
No - because that would imply I drank it to begin with.
This

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
No never drank it in the 1st place

there is no man more free than he who has nothing left to lose --unknown--
" If it bleeds we can kill it" Conan The Barbarian
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Might of believed the article wasn't a hit piece until this paragraph.

"Meanwhile Trump is drowning in more than $76 million of legal fees resulting from various civil and criminal trials. On top of this, he faces the prospect of paying out a further $83 million in defamation damages following E. Jean Carroll's monumental win.

More let's take a shot at Trump by going after his fan base's beliefs. I never drank Bud Lite to begin with and think AB went woke got broke and now is back peddling. Don't know who Bethan Sexton who wrote the article is, but I doubt our views on life are alike, Probably another leftist communist.

A bowhunter at heart but a gun guy at soul. I'll take craftsmanship, wood and blue steel over plastic and composite any day.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Never did; never will.

Talk is cheap - except when Congress does it.

Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to
take an ass whoopin'

NRA Life Member
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
NO!!!!!

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
How about Forbes?

Trump Questions Bud Light Boycott—Calling Anheuser-Busch ‘Not A Woke Company’

Brian Bushard Forbes Staff

Feb 6, 2024,06:02pm EST

TOPLINE Former President Donald Trump suggested his supporters still boycotting Bud Light over its ad campaign last year with trans star Dylan Mulvaney give the brand a “Second Chance,” saying Tuesday that its producer Anheuser-Busch is “not a woke company,” as the country’s one-time best-selling beer looks to recoup lost profit after its major fallout.
Bud Light Boycott Continues After Company Partnered With Transgender Influencer

Trump lauded Anheuser-Busch as a “Great American Brand” in a Truth Social post Tuesday afternoon, suggesting the St. Louis-based company “perhaps deserves a Second Chance.”

Anheuser-Busch has been struggling to recover from slumping sales after its brief partnership with Mulvaney last April, a marketing scheme that proved disastrous in right-wing circles, where media personalities, athletes and musicians called for boycotts against the company amid a wave of conservative pushback against so-called woke advertising.

Trump, who himself does not drink, appeared to call for an end to the boycott Tuesday, saying that instead of targeting Bud Light, “we should be going after those companies that are looking to DESTROY AMERICA,” though he did not list any companies specifically.

Trump, the 2024 GOP presidential frontrunner, also sung Anheuser-Busch’s praises, applauding the company for employing “65 thousand Americans” and partnering with veteran scholarship organization Folds of Honor (Anheuser-Busch says it employs 18,000 people in the U.S., with another 47,000 people working at independent distributors, while federal filings list just over 20,000 employees in North America as of 2022).

After years as the top-selling beer in the U.S., Bud Light sparked outrage in right-wing circles after it partnered with Mulvaney last spring, prompting a parade of attack videos and calls for boycotts, including from country star Kid Rock, multiple Olympic athletes and far-right media personalities. The drama began when Mulvaney, a social media star known for videos about her gender transformation, posted a video on April 1 showing herself with a can of Bud Light depicting her face that the company sent to her to mark her one-year anniversary after coming out as transgender. One month later, AB InBev CEO Michel Doukeris blamed online misinformation for the boycott stemming from its marketing, saying the campaign was “not an advertisement” and that the can with Mulvaney’s face was not meant for wide production. By May, however, the boycott was top of mind for right-wing media, and it has been credited with sinking Bud Light out of the coveted top spot of highest-selling beer, with Modelo Especial surpassing it last May, according to data from alcohol consulting firm Bump Williams. Anheuser-Busch shares were also sent into a tailspin, dropping from $66.73 on March 31—one day before Mulvaney posted the video—to $53.40 by the end of May, a 20% drop (shares have since rebounded to nearly $64).

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
IC B3

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
No,never have,never will,Peyton Manning is a poser and Bud light sucks.Budweiser always has,Just say no,to Joe and the Ho,these idiots too!

Rehab is for quitters!
THEY are all guilty!
Name one honest politician!
DEFINE Treason.
God bless the USA
Democrats ARE the plague!
RINO'S need to be hunted!
Who's a bigger puzzy than Paul Ryan? Mike Pence? John Kerry ?
REELECT NOBODY! Except Trump
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
AB wants us drinking Bud Light again? Come out with full apology during SuperBowl for attempting to brainwash America with woke ideas. And get NFL to drop the whole Black Nat'l Anthem bull$cheit.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I never drank Bud Light and certainly never will. Payton Manning and Emmitt Smith are whores for doing that Bud Light ad. I will give Trump a pass as he's fighting for his life.

NRA Endowment Life Member, G.O.A supporter
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by kappa8
AB wants us drinking Bud Light again? Come out with full apology during SuperBowl for attempting to brainwash America with woke ideas. And get NFL to drop the whole Black Nat'l Anthem bull$cheit.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Fear the crabcat.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Oh, come on! Give him credit. Donnie's a whore, too.

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I can't drink any less Bud Light (or any other Anheuser-Busch product) than I already don't drink.

Sam......

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
If Budwieser stops calling its product "beer" and follows truth in advertising laws, I will give them a pass.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Never did, never will.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by Jerseyboy
I never drank Bud Light and certainly never will. Payton Manning and Emmitt Smith are whores for doing that Bud Light ad. I will give Trump a pass as he's fighting for his life.

I am going to throw a red flag ...pun intended.......bob

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Wasn't a fan prior[have had maybe 10-15 BL's over the years], so no I won't.

IMO I couldn't care less who does or doesn't drink BL, and if anyone thinks they don't support woke corporations in any way they are most likely going through life with blinders on.

Maybe this starts a slow change by at least some corporations to stay out of the woke/political arena.

I get why Trump would say what he did due to the amount of AB employees across the country as well as small companies that provide service to AB.

FJB & FJT
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

182 members (338rcm, 204guy, 16penny, 1_deuce, 280Ackleyrized, 2ndwind, 22 invisible), 2,031 guests, and 1,121 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,622
Posts18,474,036
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.