-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I drank some Bud Light years ago. It's not great stuff by any means. And no, I don't care about drinking anymore of it. If they will schit can the queer spokesman and formally apologize maybe some of their customers will come back. Maybe.

Why do I have to press 1, for English?
GB1

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Any brand of lite beer is for puzzies.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by gunswizard
Any brand of lite beer is for puzzies.

Fugg off...you can't even buy two boxes of 22 at a time.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Can’t figure why Trump said a brand owned by Belgians is a great American brand.
Never bought it and never will.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Nope

IC B2

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Pardon me but light beer is watery slop.

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
No done with bud light, and bud. Been drinking rolling rock, I know owned by AB

Deer Camp! about as good as it gets!
E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Devils backbone is also AB didn’t know that

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by STRSWilson
Trump says AB needs a second chance. Of course that was a paid for advertisement as he sits down with AB for some political $$$$$.

Just another politician...

Trump calls time on Bud Light boycott and says it's paid the price for partnership with Dylan Mulvaney - and says parent company Anheuser-Busch is a 'Great American Brand' that deserves a 'Second Chance'
Trump said Bud Light partnership with trans-influencer Dylan Mulvaney was 'mistake of epic proportions'
He is due to attend a fundraiser organized by Anheuser-Busch InBev lobbyist Jeff Miller next month
AB InBev lost $400 million in sales amid conservative backlash

By BETHAN SEXTON PUBLISHED: 21:46 EST, 6 February 2024 | UPDATED: 02:32 EST, 7 February 2024

Donald Trump has U-turned on his stance over 'woke' Bud Light and suggested the beer deserves a 'second chance' just weeks ahead of a fundraiser organized by a lobbyist for the beer's parent company.

The presidential hopeful called for an end to the Bud Light boycott which was sparked by its disastrous campaign with trans-activist Dylan Mulvaney. The former president said the partnership was a 'mistake of epic proportions' for which a 'very big price was paid.'

But he insisted that parent company Anheuser-Busch InBev was not a 'woke company' as he threatened to release a list of those that are. His comments came ahead of a fundraiser organized by a major Republican lobbyist for the company in March, where tickets are selling for $10,000 each. The event will be attended by dozens of members of Congress, Republican leaders as well as Donald Trump Jr.'

'Anheuser-Busch spends $700 Million a year with our GREAT Farmers, employ 65 thousand Americans, of which 1,500 are Veterans, and is a Founding Corporate Partner of Folds of Honor, which provides Scholarships for families of fallen Servicemen & Women,' he wrote on social media platform Truth Social on Tuesday.

His comments mark a stark departure from his previous stance in May, when he slammed the makers of Bud Light for pandering to ‘the radical Left,’ Then, Trump backed a conservative author who called the ad campaign ‘a woke, clueless, incredibly dumb miscalculation.’

His climb down comes exactly a month before he is due to meet with AB InBev lobbyist Jeff Miller, a close ally to former Speaker Kevin McCarthy, who is hosting a fundraiser for the presidential hopeful in Washington D.C.

The brewing giant paid Miller's firm $260,000 in 2023, according to lobbying disclosures seen by Politico.

Meanwhile Trump is drowning in more than $76 million of legal fees resulting from various civil and criminal trials. On top of this, he faces the prospect of paying out a further $83 million in defamation damages following E. Jean Carroll's monumental win.

Bud Light is the official beer sponsor of the Super Bowl, but has struggled with a slump in sales since April 2023 when the Mulvaney partnership began with a personalized can. The backlash against the marketing ploy was so great it cost $400million in sales and saw the beer lost its American title. Musician Kid Rock, NFL player Trae Waynes and model Bri Teresi were among the high-profile faces expressing their disapproval, filming themselves shooting cans of the beer.

The fallout led to a devastating stretch for Bud Light, where it suffered repeat double-digit revenue drops on a near-weekly basis. Nationwide backlash to the company's marketing even led to some stores selling the beer for less than water, as the parent company lost a staggering $6 billion in market capital in just six days after the advertising.

Fans also criticized the company's response to the controversy, where it was seen by some as over-compensating with overtly patriotic advertising to try and right the ship.

As the dip in revenue continued throughout the year, it hurt the profits of Anheuser-Busch InBev, the world's largest brewer that produces a large number of beers including Budweiser, Michelob, and Stella Artois.

No

FAB.........FJB

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by VaHunter
Originally Posted by Tide_Change
Originally Posted by Redneck
Never started, and won't even try......... "Lite" beer, to me, is weak horse-pizz at best.. Stouts and porters rule..

Yup. Lite “beers” are for phags that just enjoy urinating.

So, how much do you guys weigh anyway? I can just look at a non-lite beer, especially Stouts and Potters, and but on weight. Don't get me wrong I love my Deschutes Black Butte Porter as much as the next guy I just need to watch my calories and carbs.

I'm a rather svelte 165.

Black Butte Porter is one of my go-to's when I do have a beer, just not that often anymore.

One of the bennies of a Porter is I get bloated and it gives me gas something fierce. As in world-class, Olympic sort of flatulence. After a couple of those, bedtime becomes a wife-hotboxing event. She loves it. grin

IC B3

V
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
Originally Posted by earlybrd
Devils backbone is also AB didn’t know that

Yep, AB bought them a few years ago. It was my go to beer, especially it being a local brewed in Lexington Va, until this latest AB stunt. Other than the Devils Backbone I have not drank a case of AB in my adult life.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
always like this

Imported from MT at the time

[Linked Image from us.molsoncanadian.com]

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Culture wars are for puzzies...I'll drink whatever beer I want. Not really a Bud light fan but I'm not going to pass up a beer because some thin skinned people without coping skills can't handle that some people are different. But I'm more of a Michelob Ultra man when it comes to wussie light beers.

E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Nothin wrong with Mickey ultra

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
The winner of all beer threads is the person who comes up with a beer that is not available to the rest of the contestants.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Lowenbrau

DON’T BE TOO PROUD OF THIS TECHNOLOGICAL TERROR YOU’VE CONSTRUCTED. THE ABILITY TO DESTROY A PLANET IS INSIGNIFICANT NEXT TO THE POWER OF THE FORCE.

- Darth Vader
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by earlybrd
Nothin wrong with Mickey ultra

Don't think I have ever had it.

Seems popular.

I am MAGA.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
how many of you guys swore off the NFL and are back to watching it......

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Not a chance I will drink that. I like to stick with CDN brands anyways.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Maybe about 600 years after the Jews forgive Hitler.

Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

565 members (1beaver_shooter, 1_deuce, 10Glocks, 163bc, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 69 invisible), 2,139 guests, and 1,104 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,565
Posts18,531,742
Members74,039
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.