Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by dassa
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by gonehuntin
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
who gives a [bleep] what that mass murdering KGB agent thinks? Russia has been an antagonist of America ever since America was created. Stunned that so many folks here worship Putin, believe what he says, and want to just fold.

We did manage to purchase Alaska from Russia. No conflict there, right?

And what kind of neighbor was Russia else where? Were they purchasing land themselves, or just invading and annexing it?

Following the Crimean War, Russia revived its expansionist policies. Russian troops first moved to gain control of the Caucasus region, where the revolts of Muslim tribesmen—Chechens, Circassians, and Dagestanis—had continued despite numerous Russian campaigns in the nineteenth century. Once the forces of Aleksandr Baryatinsky had captured the legendary Chechen rebel leader Shamil in 1859, the army resumed the expansion into Central Asia that had begun under Nicholas I. The capture of Tashkent was a significant victory over the Kokand Khanate, part of which was annexed in 1866. By 1867 Russian forces had captured enough territory to form the Guberniya (Governorate General) of Turkestan, the capital of which was Tashkent. The Bukhara Khanate then lost the crucial Samarkand area to Russian forces in 1868. To avoid alarming Britain, which had strong interests in protecting nearby India, Russia left the Bukhoran territories directly bordering Afghanistan and Persia nominally independent. The Central Asian khanates retained a degree of autonomy until 1917.

Riasanovsky, Nicholas V. (1963). A History of Russia. Oxford University Press. p. 199.
I guess Russia was following the example set by the U.S. just a few decades before that. They were just following their own manifest destiny.

They started a few years before we did:
[Linked Image from upload.wikimedia.org]
Nice straw man. Try responding to the point I made.

I did, by demonstrating that your premise was wrong.

Now If we'd truly followed Russia's example, we wouldn't have stopped with the lands of the primitive stone age tribes. We cold of continues through all of Canada, Mexico, and continued south.

Russia's not a nice neighbor. Never has been.

Here's a simple comparrison.

The world longest undefended border is between the US and Mexico.

The worlds longest defended border is between Russia and China. Russia and China are not friends. They might be partners of convince, but not friends.

Russia has more intermedieate range nukes in the east that can reach China then they have ICBM's that can reach the U.S.

Last edited by antelope_sniper; 02/09/24.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
who gives a [bleep] what that mass murdering KGB agent thinks? Russia has been an antagonist of America ever since America was created. Stunned that so many folks here worship Putin, believe what he says, and want to just fold.

And what kind of neighbor was Russia else where? Were they purchasing land themselves, or just invading and annexing it?

Following the Crimean War, Russia revived its expansionist policies. Russian troops first moved to gain control of the Caucasus region, where the revolts of Muslim tribesmen—Chechens, Circassians, and Dagestanis—had continued despite numerous Russian campaigns in the nineteenth century. Once the forces of Aleksandr Baryatinsky had captured the legendary Chechen rebel leader Shamil in 1859, the army resumed the expansion into Central Asia that had begun under Nicholas I. The capture of Tashkent was a significant victory over the Kokand Khanate, part of which was annexed in 1866. By 1867 Russian forces had captured enough territory to form the Guberniya (Governorate General) of Turkestan, the capital of which was Tashkent. The Bukhara Khanate then lost the crucial Samarkand area to Russian forces in 1868. To avoid alarming Britain, which had strong interests in protecting nearby India, Russia left the Bukhoran territories directly bordering Afghanistan and Persia nominally independent. The Central Asian khanates retained a degree of autonomy until 1917.

Riasanovsky, Nicholas V. (1963). A History of Russia. Oxford University Press. p. 199.
I guess Russia was following the example set by the U.S. just a few decades before that. They were just following their own manifest destiny.

Nice straw man. Try responding to the point I made.

I did, by demonstrating that your premise was wrong.
Then you completely missed the premise.

G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

That map or a similar one was shown to my class in grade school and a similar one on the expansion of Communism. I doubt you'd see that in a grade school these days.

Retired cat herder.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

To be intellectually consistent, you now have to argue that Germany should be broke up into the former small states that previously existed. Do you want to go there????

Nice straw man.

Now try again responding to the actual point I'm making.

So I guess you will be arguing that the Roman Empire owes Europe reparations for their military adventures on the continent and in Merry Olde England?? I can do this all day.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by ribka
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
Originally Posted by gunchamp
Originally Posted by Hogwild7
The guy is a master of propoganda. I listened to the whole interview last night. I got sucked in for a while and thought maybe he isn't the enemy we thought. By the time it was over I knew he isn't a good. Putin is a billionaire from gov't corruption.

Good Russian is an oxymoron.
Explains you perfectly. Another confused boomer living in the cold war. F ucks sake

If Ukraine independence is irrelevant because they were traditionally part of Imperial Russia and the USSR, Putin could apply the same logic and challenge the U.S. claim to Alaska.

Do you think that we should give Alaska back to Russia if they ask for it to be returned?

LOl. Boomers think Putin will secretly steal Alaska. clown world.

Why have over 45,000 US troops invaded and occupied middle eastern and African countries again this year? Because they were originally part of our 13 colonies?

I didn't say that he would secretly steal Alaska, I said that his claim that Ukraine was traditionally part of the Imperial Russian Empire holds true for Alaska just as well.

Please cite your sources for the 45,000 U.S. troops who invaded and occupied Middle Eastern and African countries.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hillary Clinton told us Russia is the boogyman..... so there is that... hahahahhahahaha

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The guy is a master of propoganda. I listened to the whole interview last night. I got sucked in for a while and thought maybe he isn't the enemy we thought. By the time it was over I knew he isn't a good. Putin is a billionaire from gov't corruption.

Explains you perfectly. Another confused boomer living in the cold war. F ucks sake

If Ukraine independence is irrelevant because they were traditionally part of Imperial Russia and the USSR, Putin could apply the same logic and challenge the U.S. claim to Alaska.

Do you think that we should give Alaska back to Russia if they ask for it to be returned?
How did Ukraine stop being part of Russia?

How did Alaska stop being part of Russia?

Ukraine stopped being part of Russia when the USSR was established and then became independent after the USSR was disestablished.

Alaska stopped being part of Russia when they sold it to the U.S. on 03/30/1867 for $7.2M.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by g5m

That map or a similar one was shown to my class in grade school and a similar one on the expansion of Communism. I doubt you'd see that in a grade school these days.

But that would include Bulgaria, Czechoslovakia, East Germany, Hungary, Poland, and Romania, and the eastern half of Germany.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Ukraine stopped being part of Russia when the USSR was established and then became independent after the USSR was disestablished.

Alaska stopped being part of Russia when they sold it to the U.S. on 03/30/1 867 for $7.2M.
All points aside, you have chose to side with the most evil and disgusting politicians on this earth with your Russian stance. I feel good with myself knowing Im on the opposing side of those azzholes. Not a good look chief

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A

To be intellectually consistent, you now have to argue that Germany should be broke up into the former small states that previously existed. Do you want to go there????

Nice straw man.

So I guess you will be arguing that the Roman Empire owes Europe reparations for their military adventures on the continent and in Merry Olde England?? I can do this all day.

No my argument is that you didn't want to be Roman's neighbor. Rome did not become the worlds largest land empire of it's time through peaceful and purchases. If the border state between you and Rome fell, chances are, you were next.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
We are no longer on the right side of history.... I don't see Russia engaging in wars around the world like we are....
So just maybe Hillary was wrong about the Russian boogeyman?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by irfubar
We are no longer on the right side of history.... I don't see Russia engaging in wars around the world like we are....

Ummmm you might want to rethink that - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_wars_involving_Russia

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Nice straw man.

No my argument is that you didn't want to be Roman's neighbor. Rome did not become the worlds largest land empire of it's time through peaceful and purchases. If the border state between you and Rome fell, chances are, you were next.
I have to agree , your argument is a straw man argument!
During the expansion of the Roman empire prosperity and growth was through pillaging.... the industrial revolution ended that.
Now countries grow through industry and commerce...
Putin said dissolving the USSR was voluntary and they did it with hopes of trading and allying with the West.... but the west rejected them

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by STRSWilson

Ummmm you might want to rethink that - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_wars_involving_Russia

I guess you missed the part that those conflicts were in Russia's backyard? and most were on their border

Last edited by irfubar; 02/09/24.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The isnt a country on earth that kills and bullies like we do. Russia included!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

I guess you missed the part that those conflicts were in Russia's backyard? and most were on their border
Yup. He isnt the sharpest tool in the shed. None of the anti-Russian guys are. Hell, they have aligned with the democrats and rinos. Nuff said

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P

Alaska stopped being part of Russia when they sold it to the U.S. on 03/30/1 867 for $7.2M.
All points aside, you have chose to side with the most evil and disgusting politicians on this earth with your Russian stance. I feel good with myself knowing Im on the opposing side of those azzholes. Not a good look chief

That is a false dichotomy.

Both can be wrong.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Ukraine shares a border and culture with Russia.....
Ukraine shares what with the US?

a hint... for a brain dead leftist, you...... grifting money laundering, that is what the US shares with Ukraine.
If you had a brain and listened to the interview , Putin said it was a way to fleece the American taxpayer...

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A

Nice straw man.

I have to agree , your argument is a straw man argument!
During the expansion of the Roman empire prosperity and growth was through pillaging.... the industrial revolution ended that.
Now countries grow through industry and commerce...
Putin said dissolving the USSR was voluntary and they did it with hopes of trading and allying with the West.... but the west rejected them

And Putin's a Liar. There was nothing "voluntary" about the dissolution of the Former Soviet Union.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by strosfann
If anyone believes that Russia couldn’t have forced Ukraine to surrender very rapidly they are misinformed. This confrontation slogs on with minimal effort by Russia to end it by force as Ukraine and most of its people are viewed as Russian to them.

Minimal effort?

Most estimates put Russian losses well into the six figures.

Those losses aren’t consistent with minimal effort.

Page 7 of 24 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 23 24

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

127 members (35, arky65, 240NMC, 10Glocks, afisher, 12 invisible), 1,520 guests, and 802 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,503
Posts18,490,601
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.