Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
N
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
N
Blind date in spring of ‘70, engaged a year later and married summer of ‘72 so it’ll be 52 years this summer.

Through 21 years of active duty and deployments, 9 moves including 2 overseas moves with 2 kids, she hasn’t shot me or tried to kick me out yet. 😁

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by navlav8r
Blind date in spring of ‘70, engaged a year later and married summer of ‘72 so it’ll be 52 years this summer.

Through 21 years of active duty and deployments, 9 moves including 2 overseas moves with 2 kids, she hasn’t shot me or tried to kick me out yet. 😁

She's a keeper it sounds like. My wife was about ready to kill me after 9 years of active and just a couple of moves

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Blind date set up by my sister. Lived 500 miles away. Proposed 2 months later and married 2 months after that. Today is our 35th wedding anniversary.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
In a bar, her ex introduced us . . . . . . . . .19 years ago today.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
High School, 45 years ago

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Good story, except for the part where it stunk so bad!😀 What did your daughter say?😀
Did you do the Ft Bedford Dance Sunday Night?
Me and Danny and a few others were always there. Friday night we went spotting, usually Lovely or Dry Ridge and New Baltimore. Saturday night we were at the Schellsburg Dance.
Mostly killing time before we headed to P- ville and the races!
Carol usually drove herself to Schellsburg, and after the dance she went home, and the rest of us drank beer, talked, and occasionally raced at Pleasantville.
It was a great time to be young with a good car, good friends, and guns and hunting on the weekends.
As I gave into her charms, the races and dances started getting less important!😀 My buddies said I got “pussy whipped”!😀
Life would’ve been simpler if I hadn’t gotten in too deep, but we had a great life together, and Ben is certainly one of my greatest blessings.
I wish it would’ve worked out better for her and I. I always thought by now we’d be getting older together, and enjoying grandkids.
Reon

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I was writing scripts for a teevee show called Barnaby Jones, filmed at Goldwyn Studios, in Hollywood. My future wife was an executive assistant on the show. After about the third script, I asked her out for dinner; things progressed, we fell in love and later married.

We had a very good marriage for 43½ years until she died from complications of Alzheimer's dementia. I was extremely lucky to have had her with me those years.

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
In church

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
My dad told me not to tell them everything.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
That’s good advice wabi

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
recovering from divorce #3, and dragged out of a few beers with a buddy to 'meet some gals'. Met this redhead, talked a bit, danced a bit, and well, there I was. Married now 31 years.

Sam......

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I bought mine

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
All joking aside, it was like 1minute's deal, except it was Ichthyology class. Mine had hair that long too, and was wearing those spandex jogging legging things, which showed her butt off to magnificent effect. I think I was immediately enamored. We started out as study friends, each dating others, and then it turned out better. Over a quarter century now.

Originally Posted by 1minute
Bio 101 class in college. Long hair down to her ass was a turn on for me. Fifty one yrs to date.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Traveler52
San Joaquin Delta College (JC) Sept. 1971 went out in Oct. Married 12/28/1971. 52 yrs.

So that must have been the old UOP Campus location.

Met Fall 1984 Chem101 Shima Building. Didn't ask her out till we both got Jobs across the street at Mervyns a year later and I saw her folding panties in the Lingerie Dept and I made my move.🤣😂🤣

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by Leanwolf
I was writing scripts for a teevee show called Barnaby Jones, filmed at Goldwyn Studios, in Hollywood. My future wife was an executive assistant on the show. After about the third script, I asked her out for dinner;, things progressed, we fell in love and later married.

We had a very good marriage for 43½ years until she died from complications of Alzheimer's dementia. I was extremely lucky to have had her with me those years.

L.W.
So sorry for your loss.

PETA - People Eating Tasty Animals
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
I was just out of the Army in 1988, saw her walking down a sidewalk. Stopped and introduced myself, been married 31 years. We have 3 great kids that became productive members of society. I retired at 49 and she is now making more $$ than I ever day. Knew she had potential....

Don't gobble at me
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by Valsdad
I bought mine

Being that mine is polish, i've had people assume she was a mail order bride. I know someone that bought one - a filipino. She's a sweetheart and a HELL of a good cook. Been married about 10 yrs or so, they have kids together and everything been good. They even make a trips to the philippines to see her family once a year. Seen a bicycle in his garage one day, asked him what that was about, he said that was her new car LOL.

PETA - People Eating Tasty Animals
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Reon,
Daughters didn't know the truth, but they didn't believe me. (For some reason.)

My wife sat there grinning and shaking her head.
Smiling, wanting to laugh, and strangle me at the same time.

Never went to the dances, I really hate crowds and group functions.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Freshman year of College, 1988. We were both 18. Met over Spring Break and have been together ever since. Married now for 28 years and have 2 amazing boys. She's the most selfless person I've ever known. Couldn't have asked for a better wife, or mother to my children. She's also extraordinarily beautiful....inside and out. She takes good care of herself and has aged very well. Looks much the same as when we met 36 years ago. I thank God every day for her.

Ohhh!! Forgot to add.....she loves guns and shooting, and has voted twice for Trump. Soon to be thrice!! Ha!

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Texas Tech, 1984. Been married 39 years.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

547 members (160user, 12344mag, 10ring1, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 49 invisible), 2,232 guests, and 1,225 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,251
Posts18,486,261
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.