Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by gamma4diesel
... So sorry for your loss.

Thank you.

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by FatCity67
Originally Posted by Traveler52
San Joaquin Delta College (JC) Sept. 1971 went out in Oct. Married 12/28/1971. 52 yrs.

So that must have been the old UOP Campus location.

Met Fall 1984 Chem101 Shima Building. Didn't ask her out till we both got Jobs across the street at Mervyns a year later and I saw her folding panties in the Lingerie Dept and I made my move.🤣😂🤣
Applause!

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
At work.
Seems to happen a lot there.

"No good deed shall go unpunished!"
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Someone told me we would be a good match both of us recenly divorced from a bad marriage.
I had never seen her. Called her a couple of times and she turned me down flat. I was determined to at least meet so I went to her office and knocked on the door and introduced myself. Been married 30 years.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Encouraging to read humble men writing so positively about their wives.

Congrats to you all

Adventure is the only thing you buy that makes you richer
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
When I finally settled down enough to be domesticated, I married my secretary and did the kid thing until I lost her to lung cancer. I had to admit that I rather liked being married. Being a minimalist drinker, the bar scene wasn't working and peeling someone off a bar stool looked like a dead end anyway. Then I took a lady out to dinner and she was complaining that there weren't hardly any good men around anymore and she couldn't even find one on Plenty of Fish. Oh, what's that I asked? A while later I decided to put up a few pictures and a profile. Well, holly smokes, hundreds of hits and I got a great one. Eight years and counting toward forever.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
R
R
Met at work.

I was still married the first time when I started there, but that didn't even last a year. When I left her after a few months her Dad and all six of her brothers told me they wouldn't have hung around as long as I did.

The second time couldn't be better. First time we spoke was when she asked if I wanted in on that payweek's check pool. Gorgeous smile, long curly black hair. I didn't hit the check pool but didn't much care either. Turned out her Dad and my Grandpa had known one another, had even been to the shooting range at one point to see who was better. My Grandpa won. Our Mother's knew one another from church. This June will be 38 years, three sons and two grandsons.

After some of the cringy stuff I've pulled over the years it almost feels like I don't deserve the life I have with my wife.

Eh, nuts to that. We deserve the life we've built for ourselves.

"Well hell boys. I'd damn sight rather be hung by my friends than by a bunch'a damn strangers."
Jake Spoon - Lonesome Dove
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
1st semester freshman year in college. I was on crutches from knee surgery and she held the door open for me while leaving lunch...that was 43 years ago, been together ever since.

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. Ronald Reagan
C
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
C
In elementary school; I was the principal and she was transferred from another school to be my secretary. She worked in the classroom and there were budget cuts causing her to either transfer or lose her job. We both were in bad marriages and once divorced, decided we could tolerate each other. Been married 43 years, 3 boys, his, hers and ours ( not really they’re all ours). The second time is the charm. The most important thing is to find a good woman and don’t be unevenly yoked.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I was working for the Post office and the time and there was a new bunch of temporary Christmas help. This was the Postal Concentration Center that handled all Pacific APO mail. The foreman told me to go work the third floor and get all the loaded dollies to the elevator so they could go to the basement and into the proper conexes for shipment. While doing this I looked across the room and WOW! Who was this cutie? I saw there were a couple of full dollies so I go, say high and introduce myself. Her response was very friendly and before the night was over I asked her for a date. Less than a month later we were living together, just me, her and surprise, her three kids. My family raised unholy hell when they found out she was only separated from her husband. Big trouble they said. They also said we'd never last. Well, after her divorce we lived together for two years, married and had 52 years total before she passed four years ago. I've done a few dates but nothing to write home about. Problem is, once you've had perfection, mediocre just doesn't cut it.
PJ

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Met at co-ed private High school @ 12, dating at 16, married in 1988.

42 years, together !

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Next door neighbors to my parents had a son my age. They moved away. Years later the son moved into a small town about 10 miles away from me. I drove over to meet my friend and there was this girl who lived next door to him. We dated for about 3 years then married. This summer it will be it will be 66 years married.

Jim

jar Online Content
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
I went on a fishing tournament with a good friend , there was supposed to be a after party and my buddy had said a couple of girls we knew were planning on being there, those girls showed up for the bonfire and after tournament party and they brought a friend. the friend and I hit it off and hung out all evening. that was 36 yrs ago this coming may.

teach your children well , ride hard, shoot straight, be involved!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Reading these, it's very interesting.

Sad to read of loved, lost spouses.

Inspiring to read of how long many have been married.

Shocking!

jar is a great example.
36 freaking years!!!
Holy crap he must be ol.......met mine 30 years ago, married 28 (at almost 26)
Crazy how damn old we've gotten. The mind refuses to accept it, have to be constantly reminded!

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Reading these, it's very interesting.

Sad to read of loved, lost spouses.

Inspiring to read of how long many have been married.

Shocking!

jar is a great example.
36 freaking years!!!
Holy crap he must be ol.......met mine 30 years ago, married 28 (at almost 26)
Crazy how damn old we've gotten. The mind refuses to accept it, have to be constantly reminded!

Totally agree. It's nice to read positive things, they are getting harder to come by these days on the net. So sorry to hear about those with loved ones lost. It's just a little break fella's. We will all see our loved ones again.

PETA - People Eating Tasty Animals
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I'd eat breakfast at her restaurant every morning hung over. She'd come out and preach to me and one morning she spilled hot coffee in my lap. She got her blue eyed wild man and I got saved, we'll be married 38 years March 24.

Life is good live it while you can.
F
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
F
Chemistry class my junior year of high school. She sat in the next row of desks. She had orange red hair, fair skin, and she wore short skirts. We went to a summer program in Macon and took a biology elective. We dissected a fetal pig together. We fell in love. We went together all through college and went off to graduate programs. Married in 75. Going on 49 years now. Four kids, two grandkids. She is the best thing that ever happened to me.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
E - Harmony. 14 years of bliss come September. My only go round.

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Both of us being fresh born-again, we met at an evangelism event. It was love at first sight 41 years ago. I squeeze her every day and still marvel at her beauty. She is 61, I am 65.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by Rickshaw
E - Harmony. 14 years of bliss come September. My only go round.

Same here. Was the first time trying the online thing. Had a hard time trusting whatever algorithm's those services use, but it absolutely nailed it!

PETA - People Eating Tasty Animals
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

548 members (16penny, 007FJ, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 57 invisible), 2,676 guests, and 1,301 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,611
Posts18,473,919
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.