Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
This is a light weight version of a Ruger bisley with cylinders in 327 and 32-20. IF you could see the hand work that Fermin GArza and Alan Harton put into this gun you would be amazed. With a stout dose of H110 and 135g bullets it is a literal laser to shoot. Kim Ralston made the knife and Mike BArranti did the leather.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

GB1

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush

That dinky knife....and older school Tim Wegner Blade-Tech?

Please God, give me some good tags this year....
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Lipseys link here A Lipseys exclusive J frame snubbie in 32H&R released at Shot Show '24

"Camping places fix themselves in your mind as if you had spent long periods of your life in them.
You will remember a curve of your wagon track in the grass of the plain like the features of a friend."
Isak Dinesen

V
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
V
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

This is my 32 caliber pistol. I was looking for the most compact pistol I could find and the LW Seecamp was it at the time. You had to order them directly and the wait was 6 to 8 months to get one. Shortly after I received it Ruger came out with their LCP line of 380 and of course I had to have one of those also.

Last edited by VaHunter; 02/13/24.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by VaHunter

This is my 32 caliber pistol. I was looking for the most compact pistol I could find and the LW Seecamp was it at the time. You had to order them directly and the wait was 6 to 8 months to get one. Shortly after I received it Ruger came out with their LCP line of 380 and of course I had to have one of those also.

Had one back in the early 90’s. Would only feed hardball ammo “reliability”. Sometimes.
Never could get it to feed reliably with the recommended WW Silvertip load.
Got a KelTec 32 when they came out. Then the KelTec P380T
It worked great too.

Finally settled on a Ruger LCP as my BUG.
Best one yet is the LCP 380Max, IMO.

I’ve also owned several Ruger Single Six Model revolvers in 32 H&R Mag and a Ruger Single Seven in 327 Federal Magnum.

If Ruger ever releases there LCR in .327 Fed Mag with the 3” bbl and adjustable sights they’ve been promising for at least 5 YEARS NOW. I’ll buy one of those. It ought to be the ultimate “kit gun”.

Last edited by chlinstructor; 02/13/24.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

V
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
V
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Originally Posted by VaHunter

Had one back in the early 90’s. Would only feed hardball ammo “reliability”. Sometimes.
Never could get it to feed reliably with the recommended WW Silvertip load.
Got a KelTec 32 when they came out. Then the KelTec P380T
It worked great too.

Finally settled on a Ruger LCP as my BUG.
Best one yet is the LCP 380Max, IMO.

I’ve also owned several Ruger Single Six Model revolvers in 32 H&R Mag and a Ruger Single Seven in 327 Federal Magnum.

If Ruger ever releases there LCR in .327 Fed Mag with the 3” bbl and adjustable sights they’ve been promising for at least 5 YEARS NOW. I’ll buy one of those. It ought to be the ultimate “kit gun”.

Yep, supposedly the LW Seecamp 32acp was designed to function with the Winchester Silver Tips but I could never find them so I used the Speer Gold Dots as an approved alternative according to Seecamp, and they work without fail for the around 100 rounds I put through it. I have seen where many have complain about poor feeding but I guess I just got lucky. I have not shot it in many years.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Seecamp .. a friend had one. He had to send it back for something or other. When it came back we did a range day. About 3 shots into the first magazine the action cycled but the slide didn't stop going forward, it did a nose-dive in the dirt while the frame remained in his hand. It took 18 months to get it repaired and returned via Seecamp. Down the road it went!

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
Speaking of S&W J frame .32's...

Sitting at $850 as this is posted with 8 days left to go.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/1027824727

[Linked Image from gbapics-bbhmapccg7fxbje0.z01.azurefd.net]
Oh good lord! Now I know what I need next to go with the 332 and one of the new Lipseys Ultimate Carry 432’s. I can’t wait for the 432 to ship. The reports I have heard all praise the trigger work done on them. If it’s as good as they say the 332 may have to go to Fink’s or Nelson Ford for an action job to try and replicate it.

Mark

NRA Life Member
Anytime anyone kicks cancers azz is a good day!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Oh The Drama!
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I watched a pretty good YouTube video on the S&W 432 UC, they look like pretty good DOA pocket revolvers. If I didn't already have a 2" 6 shot 357 snub nose, I would look at one of those new J-frames.

K
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
K
In the FWIW department I shot my previously unfired Smith M631 (like the one pictured above) today for the first time using the Lost River Ammunition .32 H&R wadcutter loads. Even with a shaky rest over the truck bed it printed a 2" group at 20 yards using those loads. Splendid performance from Lost River...again. Minimal report with .22 RF type recoil and a virtually clean barrel after 50 rounds. These loads should be really nice in the new Smith snubbies.

IC B3

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
A pic of the new S&W 32 H&R from Lipseys

"Camping places fix themselves in your mind as if you had spent long periods of your life in them.
You will remember a curve of your wagon track in the grass of the plain like the features of a friend."
Isak Dinesen

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by colodog

Shame they didn’t chamber it in .327 Federal Magnum caliber. 🤪

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
M
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by colodog

So Lipseys just had an event yesterday where a bunch of gun writers from various publications shot these guns.

A BUNCH of ammo was expended. I sent down 900 rounds. Long story short, Jason from Lipseys provided some excellent data. For those who don't already know, the 100 grain poly coated full wadcutters that I produce are designed specifically to shoot to the sights of these guns.

He said that in the 1&7/8ths" barrels the poly coated wadcutters were shooting right at 800 FPS.

Plus they shot some gel blocks. This was a surprise to me. The wadcutter load exited one 16" block and went into another, getting 22" of penetration.

I would not have guessed they would have gone that deep. That was kind of interesting. Pretty impressive for such a light kicking little load.

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Thanks for the update Mackay. I have a hunch I'll own one the new pistols.

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I have a boxed Ruger Buckeye 32-20/32 H&R due to arrive on Monday. A fit to my 38-40/10MM Buckeye. More later.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by EdM
I have a boxed Ruger Buckeye 32-20/32 H&R due to arrive on Monday. A fit to my 38-40/10MM Buckeye. More later.

I had one of each bought used from a fellow member of the gun club who apparently got some skeeter-borne blood disease on safari in Africa and decided to sell some of his guns 'cause he figured his good buddies would rob his widow blind. He got sick but now seems .. better. First thing I did was tear both guns apart and clean their innards. The .32 version had an unacceptable amount of rust inside. With that gone and a trigger job done, I did some shooting with it looking for an accurate load. What I found was accuracy but not enough sight adjustment, the front sight was already too short and other than an 85 grain XTP at absolute warp speed from the .32-20 case, I couldn't get the sight adjustment and impact to coincide. I sold it. The .327 Federal had just come out and I decided the 7-1/2" single six was a better option. I wish now, with hindsight, that I'd just scoped the Buckeye special.

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...
M
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Thanks for the update Mackay. I have a hunch I'll own one the new pistols.

They have been extremely popular. The minimal recoil, better capacity and deep penetration is really proving to be a winner. I was just talking with Jason from Lipseys this morning (texting actually) and we were discussing this. The .32 H&R has really turned out to be a Goldilocks round for these guns.

The LCR in .32 has been quite fun, but I could not resist one of these Ultimate Carry J Frames. So I opted for a blued .32. Since I have been carrying the same blued 442 for almost 25 years now, I figured it may be time. Plus it will be a testing platform. smile

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
Speaking of carrying a snubbie in your pocket, I have a friend from Oklahoma who comes out & hunts rock chucks with me, he's a former sheriff & was also a marine during VN & a very savvy hand gun man. His way of carrying his snubbie is to drop it right between his butt & his hanky & it's gone! No printing & easy, peasy to get to in a hurry. I've been around him for 7-8 years & never knew it was there until he casually showed it to me one day!

Dick

H
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
H

The Richard Special and the Officer on Saturday.

Worked on an 83gr. Lapua wadcutter load for the Richard that (hopefully) stays in a coyote noggin. It runs with the sights to about 35 yards, after that it drops like a brick.
It gets the 00 Little Dandy Rotor to drop 1.4 grs. of 700x and Prvi cases. (Or Lapua. Prvi and Lapua are thin walled and not tapered. Both are specifically made for this hollow base wadctter). No, reloading the Fiocchi wadcutter brass is way too thick for proper seating with this .314 bullet, as are most other available cases.

The Officers Model I've posted before but while it looked good on the outside and I lusted for the King rear sight, it was corrupted on the insides by novices. It got a new hand, positive lock safety and rebound lever to fix both the timing and lockup and to make the gun drop safe again.

Numrich (thank goodness) is stocking newly manufactured guts for these guns (that includes the Python) so I FINALLY got one of my favorite guns from boderline scrap heap back to the rare and gorgeous target arm that needs to be enjoyed.

Between the two they ate 700 32 caliber chunks of splendor, the Officers getting the brunt of the action with 231 (2.3 grs, in rotor #0), a 115 Keith/NOE bullet and Federal cap in Starline brass.

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I have a Ruger 32-20/32 H&R Buckeye that should land at my FFL tomorrow. Pretty excited to pair it up with my Marlin 1894 CL 32-20 or my Browning M53 though the former, scoped, works best for these eyes. My 38-40/10mm Buckeye shoots very well though I have not used the 10mm cylinder. The latter seems to be put together better than your typical BW. We'll see on the 32.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

557 members (10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 06hunter59, 51 invisible), 2,695 guests, and 1,295 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,631
Posts18,474,288
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.