Print Thread
Hop To
Page 10 of 18 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 17 18
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Congrats to LSU!!

It's been a long time since one of our coaches has seen a NC game..... blush Can't wait for Bo to hit Lincoln, NE on Tuesday!!! cool grin

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
SEC now 7-2 in bowl games, big Ten, 3-5.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J

LSU has so much dept that they will be a contender for the SEC title next year as well...

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by .280Rem
Aint no joke....the ESPN crew is predicting that the best 2 in the country next season wont even include the LSU Tigers...but will include SEC greats UF and UGA.

LSU is going to get killed by graduation and NFL opt outs. But we have a great crop of sophomores, and this years recruiting class looks to be spectacular. I think next year will be a real come down.....but we'll bounce back with really strong teams in the next two years. If Perriloux can keep his nose clean and play like he's capable of doing, we might have an outside chance at winning the SEC next year, but I doubt it. Just too much talent on Ga. and Fla. and the other top SEC teams to avoid losing probably three games when you're starting a lot of younger players.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Aint no joke....the ESPN crew is predicting that the best 2 in the country next season wont even include the LSU Tigers...but will include SEC greats UF and UGA.

What the hell does ESPN known most of them picked OSU to win tonight....

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
IC B2

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Roy...Hold onto our bet until we get through the NFL games.

You were more than kind to me(sympathy kind) and I want to play it out through the NFL, if you're interested!

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

.280Rem Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jwp475

What the hell does ESPN known most of them picked OSU to win tonight....

Thats all scripted..."they" didn't "pick" anyone...the writers wrote a script that people would talk about.

War Damn Eagle!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
AP picked the Tigers, too, so USC will have to hold their pity party alone this year. The ESPN website has three articles today all making the point that the SEC is THE football conference, and that the Big Ten is so weak the team that wins it has not been really tested as it would with an SEC schedule.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Yes, a fact completely obvious by the facts on the ground:

1) Tennessee wins after Wisconsin has one of the dumbest play calls of the year in 4th and 1 on the 4 yard line. They lose by 4 points... obviously UW was completely outclassed.

2) Florida comes two goal line fumbles from having over 50 points hung on it by Michigan. Obviously they have no business being on the same field as any SEC team either.

3) Kentucky actually held on to beat Florida State's junior varsity right? And, hey, FSU finished 6th in the ACC...or was it 7th? So they would kill any Big Ten school right?

4) Likewise Auburn completely destroyed Clemson by a whole field goal in OT. And they had to be at least a 4th or 5h place ACC team.

Georgia and Auburn have every right to be a tad bitter. Those folks could have had much better seasons. But in the end they didn't beat tOSU. Or any other top Big Ten school. They played a mediocre opponent in a bowl they probably could have bettered with a bit more luck.

SEC fans need to quit living vicariously through the success of other teams. LSU would be a front running force this past year in any conference, including the Big Ten, Pac-10 or any other. Georgia might have been but we'll never know.

The rest? They need to sit back and let the LSU fans do the bragging because they have done nothing to warrant it.

Will

Smellin' a lot of 'if' coming off this plan.
.280Rem Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Steve_NO
AP picked the Tigers, too, so USC will have to hold their pity party alone this year. The ESPN website has three articles today all making the point that the SEC is THE football conference, and that the Big Ten is so weak the team that wins it has not been really tested as it would with an SEC schedule.

Kinda goes along with what I said in that other thread. As of last night the SEC had 30 Wins and 34 losses against the Top 25...The Big Can't Count played a total of 30 games against the top 25. That's the reason they are constantly thinking they're world beaters, and why a 2 loss SEC team spanked the "#1 in the nation" tOSU! Same same with last year. The local sports talk has had some national media on this a.m., and the company line seems to be that the SEC is the strongest conference...but even more prevailant is the fact that tOSU has hurt the Big Ten's national perception with extremely weak showings the last 2 years...and it will be a long time before a Big Ten will get the kind of love in the polls that tOSu got this year jumping 7 spots to #1 without playing a game. Look for the Pac 10 to be the darlings next year. Look for UF and UGA to occupy 2 of the top 4 preseason polls. LSU will be hit hard by graduation and NFL defections...we'll get a good look at Mile recruiting and coaching next year. Can't say if Auburn will get any love or not...we do get our "easy schedule" (LSU and UGA at home) next year...we drop UF and pick up UT. But we also go to Morgantown WV in week 2 with a new D Cord, O Cord and QB.

War Damn Eagle!

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
1) What would be really interesting would be a bowl game between Oklahoma and THE Ohio State University sometime.
2) I was disappointed in the "behavioral" penalties that the Buckeyes incurred. (I like to see more class than that.)
3) Does anyone recall the historical significance of the '71 LSU Sun Bowl team?

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
How about that 7-2 bowl record? by any metric you want to use, any objective observer can only conclude there is one conference that dominates football, and that's the one from which the number one and two teams come, and the number two team didn't even win its division.

Of the AP's top 15 teams at year end, five are from the SEC.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 5sdad
1) What would be really interesting would be a bowl game between Oklahoma and THE Ohio State University sometime.
2) I was disappointed in the "behavioral" penalties that the Buckeyes incurred. (I like to see more class than that.)
3) Does anyone recall the historical significance of the '71 LSU Sun Bowl team?

Uh, we beat another overrated Big Ten team that year by a couple of touchdowns....don't know any other significance.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Illinois did a better job of beating Ohio State than LSU.

AND they got creamed by USC grin

Georgia got ripped off.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
No actually what you can see is that LSU has a great team.

The Big Ten played the toughest bowl schedule of any conference in the country. They do more times than not.

Will

Smellin' a lot of 'if' coming off this plan.
.280Rem Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Final AP Poll. SEC finishes 1 & 2, and occupies 1/3 of the top 15. Yep, the SEC is average.

1. LSU (60) 12-2 1,620
2. Georgia (3) 11-2 1,515

3. USC (1) 11-2 1,500
4. Missouri 12-2 1,347
5. Ohio State 11-2 1,346
6. West Virginia 11-2 1,342
7. Kansas (1) 12-1 1,303
8. Oklahoma 11-3 1,139
9. Virginia Tech 11-3 1,096
10. Texas 10-3 962
10. Boston College 11-3 962
12. Tennessee 10-4 904
13. Florida 9-4 685

14. Brigham Young 11-2 654
15. Auburn 9-4 648
16. Arizona State 10-3 587
17. Cincinnati 10-3 566
18. Michigan 9-4 508
19. Hawaii 12-1 460
20. Illinois 9-4 443
21. Clemson 9-4 353
22. Texas Tech 9-4 308
23. Oregon 9-4 253
24. Wisconsin 9-4 202
25. Oregon State 9-4 110

War Damn Eagle!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Now we can get to the REAL football........go PATS!!!

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

.280Rem Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Steve_NO
How about that 7-2 bowl record? by any metric you want to use, any objective observer can only conclude there is one conference that dominates football, and that's the one from which the number one and two teams come, and the number two team didn't even win its division.

Of the AP's top 15 teams at year end, five are from the SEC.

One of the talking heads here this morning said: "The SEC has no problem winning the BCSCG, our problem is getting there while playing through an SEC schedule"

Back in the old days if a player won Wibledon, he got a bye through the draw the next year and got to rest the entire tourny and then play the guy that won his way through the draw for the championship. The reigning champ got to rest up and play the guy that's just played a week of tennis for all the marbles. That's what tOSU and company get to do...rest all season and play one big game, while the SEC pounds each others heads in for 12 weeks...13 if you win your division...then we get to go play a team that hasn't played in almost 2 months, and didn't play anyone during the season to begin with. And yet...we see the results. There's a reason FL and LSU has spotted tOSU early leads then stormed back to thrash them...tOSU is used to knocking down soft teams early then having them stay down. Hell, that just pissed off UF and LSU!

I doff my chapau to LSU, Miles, and especially Bo Pellini (sp?). More so to the OL and DL...the played smashmouth SEC football...the OL had not been a stregnth for LSU this season. When I saw all those lilly white corn-fed boys on tOSU's OL...I knew it was gonna be a long night for them.

Also noted by many media...as to the SEC vs Big 10 speed...the difference isn't at the skill positions...it's in the trenches...our 245-260lb DE's can run like their 250lb LBs...our 310lb DT's are cat-like quick...our LB's can run with most WR's. It's a different brand of football my non-SEC friends...a different brand.

War Damn Eagle!

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Do you really, truly believe that crap you write Will? Ohio State had best defense in the country based on the stats and LSU manhandled them at will. How did Ohio State's defensive stats get so good - they played against medicore competition in the Big 10.

Florida last year and LSU this year both limped through the SEC with 1 and 2 losses and lots of close games then proceeded to beat the best from the Big 10, OSU, like a drum. You're living in a fantasy world and I think even you know it.

A
acy Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Nope, the SEC isn't average. They are the top of the heap right now. They haven't always been at the top, nor will they always be at the top. Curious as to why some of the SEC guys seem so fixated on the Big Ten. Is the Big Ten the stick by which college football success is measured?

Page 10 of 18 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 17 18

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

464 members (280Ackleyrized, 1beaver_shooter, 2500HD, 3040Krag, 1936M71, 45 invisible), 1,684 guests, and 1,262 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,046
Posts18,521,156
Members74,023
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.