-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 15 of 18 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 18
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Apperently you all watched a different game than I did last night.

Not taking anything away from LSU, as they were the better team overall last night, but the Buckeyes beat themselves as much as LSU did. Last year OSU was totally dominated. They were outmatched in almost every aspect of the game. That wasn't the case last night. If any of you think that LSU would have won given the same penalties and turnovers that OSU amassed, you would be wrong. Mentally, LSU was far superior last night. As I said, they deserved to win. But physically, OSU held there own. Hell, they outgained LSU. They just made stupid mistake after stupid mistake. They were not convincingly physically beaten, like Florida did last year.

The end result is the same, but last night, OSU did 50% of the beating of themselves. Still a great win by a deserving LSU team, but not the totally dominant performance that you SEC stargazers are thinking you saw.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Redistribute my work ethic, not my Wealth!!!!!
GB1

Z
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Z
Originally Posted by Foxbat
Originally Posted by zeke612

USC won 2 NC's in the last 10 years??? WTF are you smoking

Might want to look shyt up before you look foolish.

2003 was a split National Title. LSU won the Coaches, USC won the AP.

Just like Michigan/Nebraska in 1997, Miami/Washington in 1991 and Georgia Tech/Colorado in 1990, USC/Alabama in 1978.

USC then won in 2004 as well. That's two.

http://www.ncaa.org/champadmin/ia_football_past_champs.html

This is where I looked shyt up.

My favorite team, OU, claims 7 National Championships, but if we were like USC we could claim a bunch more.

You have yet to answer what you are smokin

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by zeke612

http://www.ncaa.org/champadmin/ia_football_past_champs.html

This is where I looked shyt up.

My favorite team, OU, claims 7 National Championships, but if we were like USC we could claim a bunch more.

You have yet to answer what you are smokin

And what's it say smartass?

LSU: BCS, Billingsley, Colley, DeVold, Dunkel, FACT, Massey, NFF, Sagarin, Seattle Times, USA/ESPN
Oklahoma: Berryman
Southern California: AP, Eck, Matthews, NY Times

Really, show me where Oklahoma won the AP or UPI/USAtoday and doesn't claim it.

Oops, you just stepped on your Johnson. Your 1974 Title was an AP split title.

1974 Oklahoma (AP)(H) 11-0 Barry Switzer
USC (UPI)(FWAA)(H) 10-1-1 Won Rose John McKay

This would be where you throw in the towel.

[Linked Image]

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Funny as hell. Even the USAToday which sponsors the Coaches Poll and would be the one source that I could see hesitating to call USC the Co-National Champion in 2003, did just that.

The full impact of Carroll's dynamic recruiting efforts is coming clearly into focus as the Trojans celebrate their 12-1 season and a share of their first national championship since 1978

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/coll...eason-outlook_x.htm?loc=interstitialskip

It's amazing when you have people in checkmate and they keep trying to avoid the inevitable.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You talk a lot of smack out of your nether regions to support a team and conference that's lost 2 title games in a row.....

Otto is my co-pilot.
IC B2

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
4 games in a row for OSU and national championships.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
I caught the radio broadcast. At first I thought Ohio State was going to thump 'em, man did that change in a hurry. Oh, Brent Musberger did the play by play and should have had an Ohio State sweater or jacket sent to him, he was awful. This from a guy (me) that really does'nt follow college football, but the bias was pretty evident.

Jeff
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by NathanL
You talk a lot of smack out of your nether regions to support a team and conference that's lost 2 title games in a row.....

Just shows how clueless you are. Go to the start of this thread and read. I'm hardly pro OSO or Big Ten. In fact the Ohio State fans think I hate their school.

After reading your posts in the Georgia thread and here I am convinced that you are about 19 years old and as naive as the day is long. I don't argue with kiddies, so let's just ignore eachother.

[Linked Image]

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 257_Roy

Not taking anything away from LSU, as they were the better team overall last night, but the Buckeyes beat themselves as much as LSU did. Last year OSU was totally dominated. They were outmatched in almost every aspect of the game. That wasn't the case last night. If any of you think that LSU would have won given the same penalties and turnovers that OSU amassed, you would be wrong. Mentally, LSU was far superior last night. As I said, they deserved to win. But physically, OSU held there own. Hell, they outgained LSU. They just made stupid mistake after stupid mistake. They were not convincingly physically beaten, like Florida did last year.

The end result is the same, but last night, OSU did 50% of the beating of themselves. Still a great win by a deserving LSU team, but not the totally dominant performance that you SEC stargazers are thinking you saw.

what a weak rationalization for an ass whooping......reminds me of Picketts comment when asked why his charge had failed at Gettysburgh......."I think the Yankees had something to do with it."

The Buckeyes were destroyed and humiliated, and only got to keep the score differential at 14 because Miles took his foot off the gas, ran the ball, and let almost every senior at least play a down. The Buckeyes ALSO made a fair number of mistakes. But they were dead meat, from the time this matchup was picked.

But why am I not surprised that the Big Ten fantasists, once their "we'll kick you ass" scenario didn't quite pan out, have now switched to "you didn't really kill us, we committed suicide". Kind of pathetic.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
You all know, that sports ribbing should be in good fun. Hell, it's only a game.

Sometimes you eat crow, sometimes you don't. Just that OSU is full of feathers right now.......grin

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Anybody remember the 1962 Rose Bowl when Minnesota got to go twice in a row (against the then rule in the then Big 10) because the faculty (whatever on earth they have to do with college football) at what was then called Ohio State voted not to go because the trip would interfer with classes?

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Steve_NO

what a weak rationalization for an ass whooping......reminds me of Picketts comment when asked why his charge had failed at Gettysburgh......."I think the Yankees had something to do with it."

The Buckeyes were destroyed and humiliated, and only got to keep the score differential at 14 because Miles took his foot off the gas, ran the ball, and let almost every senior at least play a down. The Buckeyes ALSO made a fair number of mistakes. But they were dead meat, from the time this matchup was picked.

But why am I not surprised that the Big Ten fantasists, once their "we'll kick you ass" scenario didn't quite pan out, have now switched to "you didn't really kill us, we committed suicide". Kind of pathetic.

No it's not a BS argument. What did I say that's not true? Yes LSU seriously beat OSU, but you guys are trying to make it into something that it wasn't. OSU was outcoached and outplayed, but it was not a dominant physical performance. Last year against Florida was a dominant physical performance, OSU was absolutely stuffed. That wasn't the case this year. OSU moved the ball well, they just made a ton of really stupid mistakes. Dropping TD passes, then failing to capitalize, keeping LSU drives going by stupid/boneheaded personal fouls when they had them stopped, etc, etc.

Yes, LSU thouroughly beat OSU, just quit trying to make it into something that it was not.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The local sports show guy, Billy Packer's son, is a huge southern football guy. He had some really interesting comments yesterday when Herbstreit was on his show.

He said that Ohio State's biggest problem was between their ears. He maintains that tOSU has some real studs on their team but they are mentally mind screwed by all of this matchup stuff. And that it will be worse next season.

He and Herbstreit both agreed that the Big Ten needed to stop getting hammered in the biggest bowls and that the SEC teams were emotionally tougher though not across the board. They pointed out that although LSU was surprised a bit in the first part of the game they never panicked. They waited for the game to turn and then played from there.

Surprisingly though, they both agreed that the Big Ten was better this year than last. That there are some teams that are turning the corner, Michigan State, Illinois, and so on. And that Michigan switching to the Spread option and Penn State and Ohio State probably returning to it is changing the conference.

But until those teams step up a little more that the conference would suffer. One interesting thing they both noted was that the criticism leveled against the Big Ten could be leveled at any conference not named the SEC the last couple years.

Not sure I agree with all of it, but a lot of what we see now is hubris. I was hoping the Big Ten would avoid the title game this year because of all of the young teams at the top. Not to be. We'll have to listen to the insane criticism coming from the likes of Alabama and Kentucky fans for the rest of the year.

Will

Smellin' a lot of 'if' coming off this plan.
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by Steve_NO

No it's not a BS argument. What did I say that's not true? Yes LSU seriously beat OSU, but you guys are trying to make it into something that it wasn't. OSU was outcoached and outplayed, but it was not a dominant physical performance. Last year against Florida was a dominant physical performance, OSU was absolutely stuffed. That wasn't the case this year. OSU moved the ball well, they just made a ton of really stupid mistakes. Dropping TD passes, then failing to capitalize, keeping LSU drives going by stupid/boneheaded personal fouls when they had them stopped, etc, etc.

Yes, LSU thouroughly beat OSU, just quit trying to make it into something that it was not.

Coincidentally, the Buckeyes again allowed five sacks � just as they did against Florida last year. They also lost three turnovers � two interceptions and a fumble � while forcing just one.

Ohio State surrendered five touchdowns; the Buckeyes had given up 11 offensive touchdowns all season.

Seems pretty dominate to me...

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Look, I'll I'm trying to say is that OSU was not shutdown by LSU. You take away their stupid mistakes and they would have been neck and neck. That was not the case last year. Last year they got their asses kicked. Florida totally shut them dowm. LSU didn't do that this year. OSU outgained LSU. They had a total yards advantage for most of the game, so it's not like they tacked on a bunch of yards at the end of the game to take the edge in this. They just played stupidly. They made mental mistake after mental mistake. I am not nor have I been trying to take anything away from LSU. They were clearly the better team that night. But, to say that LSU was so far dominant that OSU couldn't of kept up with them, is not true. Take away OSU's stupid mistakes and it was a neck to neck game. If LSU had commited the same mistakes that OSU did, they would have lost too.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
I wonder if Tressel hunts with a hot chamber? smile

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Look on the bright side.

You boys have an away game against USC on September 13. If you can weather this summer's bile you have a chance at redemption. If you lose there then at least you know that another title game is not in the cards.

But you won't have to wait until the end of the year to shut everyone up. Just till the second week of the season. smile

Will

Smellin' a lot of 'if' coming off this plan.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
0-9 vs the SEC is pretty much getting your assed consistently kicked......

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Sheeyout, we beat everyone when it doesn't mean much!

Ol' Musk-Burger and Herbstreit will be love wrestling over that one!!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I, for one, am glad that we are playing a top 5 program (like we usually do, we couldn't help it that a usually strong Washington sucked this year) during the regular season. Course with our luck lately, we will probably beat USC, then they will go 3-10 or something like that grin

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Page 15 of 18 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 18

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

516 members (264mag, 2500HD, 1lessdog, 12344mag, 1minute, 10gaugemag, 54 invisible), 1,863 guests, and 1,315 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,058
Posts18,521,375
Members74,023
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.