Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Tesoro
Originally Posted by dassa
Originally Posted by RAM
with the amount of crazies out there I dont see any problem with requiring dealers to ensure they lock up and protect their stock from smash and grabbers. whats the big deal? most already do. 1million liability insurance. if you cant afford that then you have no business being a dealer. times have changed and there are gangs of criminals roaming around.
Move to Great Brittan

you guys are too paranoid. they way i see it if gun dealers can lock up their [bleep] properly and not let it go out the back door or busted thru the front then we all have a better chance of being able to buy from them in the future.

I live in a small town in Oregon less than 6k people ( away from the lib bullshit) and our pawnshop sells guns to felons and psychos and our sporting good store has been busted for the same. these people are NOT doing it to say screw the feds but for GREED. who pays? I will when then all get shut down
Grow a brain
You think adding prohibitive costs to run a business is fine cause you're worried about smash and grab theft, but everyone else is paranoid?

As an aside, how many smash and grab robberies have taken place at gun stores in Washington in the last five years?

wait for the venezualans to set up shop.
Speaking of paranoia...

GB1

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
I may be wrong, but as I read the bill, all it does is address the building that the FFL is in. Security and video that are over the top - ALA Fort Knox. THAT is what will kill off the FFLs, even though they know that it will do nothing to stop any crime. In conjunction with Biteme's ATF, it is a one two punch for gun dealers.

Last edited by deltakid; 03/06/24.
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
FFL is federal. State can't stop that, but the fuggers can tax, price, and harass one out of business. Or just deny a business license to anyone with an FFL, perhaps?

Easy to do on top of onerous local "requirements" that cannot be contested under fed commerce laws.

Last edited by las; 03/06/24.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Originally Posted by las
FFL is federal. State can't stop that, but the fuggers can tax, price, and harass one out of business. Or just deny a business license to anyone with an FFL, perhaps?
There’s no level legal or not that these asshats will not stoop too.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Blah blah blah.
Grow a brain.

You first.

Mark

NRA Life Member
Anytime anyone kicks cancers azz is a good day!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Oh The Drama!
IC B2

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
with the amount of crazies out there I dont see any problem with requiring dealers to ensure they lock up and protect their stock from smash and grabbers. whats the big deal? most already do. 1million liability insurance. if you cant afford that then you have no business being a dealer. times have changed and there are gangs of criminals roaming around.

Molotov’s can be pretty deadly and damaging too. Same argument you made could be applied to anyone selling flammable liquids.

Go eat shît and choke on it.

MAGA
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I can't think of anything I'd be less likely to execute a smash and grab in than a gun store. That's like a Darwin award deal.

Given that politics seems to attract lawyers, it seems they'd be more adept at drafting legislation that's not counter constitution.

As to preventing theft: Given enough time and expertise, that's damned near impossible. Many years back a local Payless actually handled arms. Over a long weekend, thieves chain sawed through the roof, dropped down, and absconded with all of the handgun merchandise.

Leave our right to firearms alone. As for criminals that employ firearms, lock them up for life.

Last edited by 1minute; 03/06/24.

1Minute
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by RAM
Move to Great Brittan

you guys are too paranoid. they way i see it if gun dealers can lock up their [bleep] properly and not let it go out the back door or busted thru the front then we all have a better chance of being able to buy from them in the future.

I live in a small town in Oregon less than 6k people ( away from the lib bullshit) and our pawnshop sells guns to felons and psychos and our sporting good store has been busted for the same. these people are NOT doing it to say screw the feds but for GREED. who pays? I will when then all get shut down
Grow a brain

Sounds like plenty of lib bullshit in that area.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by Strop10
Originally Posted by RAM
Move to Great Brittan

Grow a brain

Sounds like plenty of lib bullshit in that area.
There is.
The blue population centers in both WA and OR run the entire state.
Plenty of normal folk in the outlying areas, but just not enough to control the politics.

B L M - Bureau of Land Management
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

574 members (01Foreman400, 10gaugeman, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 16penny, 17CalFan, 56 invisible), 2,410 guests, and 1,305 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,647
Posts18,474,581
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.