Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by muleshoe
Originally Posted by TimberRunner
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
I wonder what percentage of voters will swing based on VP choice. I suspect that it is remarkably few. I also suspect that out of those few, it's easier to get people to swing away based on choice rather than toward.

Exactly. People don't vote for or against a president because of the VP.

While this is all true, lots of folks would like to think the VP will succeed the POTUS in 4 years and then reign supreme for another 8. So I think that a good VP pick does have the potential to help a voter be a bit more enthusiastic, and possibly bring someone out who might not otherwise vote. Maybe… 🤔

Personally, I’d rather see a great Governor like Noem stay in SD and continue to do great things.

i agree leave Noem where she is Trump needs a good allie that speaks the truth !

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
GB1

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Betting it will be a female to try to pull in votes from the one area that Trump is weakest, the suburban female voters. They may vote hoping Trump cant serve out his term and the female VP becomes first female Pres.

"Put none but Americans on guard tonight."
-George Washington
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by earlybrd
I don’t trust Vivek
Why not?

DF

Campfire Outfitter
Online Shocked
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Pat85
People wanted Trump because he came from outside the political arena. Don't understand the want for a career politician as his successor should something happen to him.
Exactly. That is the biggest draw to Trump. Not swamp. So why on gods green earth does anyone then want the VP to be a swamp creature? This is why I have my stance on the VP thing. He needs to make the right pick. He needs to show that he has learned to not surround himself with the very evil pricks that we voted him in to destroy, for all of ours and our childrens futures

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
I don’t trust Vivek
Why not?

DF

Connection to Soros foundation and big pharma?

Me

IC B2

E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
Originally Posted by Teal
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
I don’t trust Vivek
Why not?

DF

Connection to Soros foundation and big pharma?
He’s a dot head

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by cv540
Betting it will be a female to try to pull in votes from the one area that Trump is weakest, the suburban female voters. They may vote hoping Trump cant serve out his term and the female VP becomes first female Pres.
If he picks a female, that person may not be a fav of the typical suburban crowd, probably too conservative.

So, we’ll have to see how it plays out.

DF

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by gunchamp
Originally Posted by Pat85
People wanted Trump because he came from outside the political arena. Don't understand the want for a career politician as his successor should something happen to him.
Exactly. That is the biggest draw to Trump. Not swamp. So why on gods green earth does anyone then want the VP to be a swamp creature? This is why I have my stance on the VP thing. He needs to make the right pick. He needs to show that he has learned to not surround himself with the very evil pricks that we voted him in to destroy, for all of ours and our childrens futures

Like Scott.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by pertnear
By my observation, the VP job is just a glorified lackey to the president. The prez assigns the VP jobs he doesn't want to jack with. The qualities needed are someone who can think & talk on the fly & take no sh*t. As for adding to the elect-ability of the prez, they need to be personable & pleasant in appearance (women good looking). As to the possibility that the VP may have to take over as POTUS, voters could care less.

With only four years of eligibility, Trump's VP will be well set to become the next president, I believe that's what most voters will be considering.

Campfire Ranger
Online Shocked
Campfire Ranger
Ran Paul... But they got to pick somebody that's going to draw some votes from some of those awful blue States

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
IC B3

E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
Originally Posted by atvalaska
Ran Paul... But they got to pick somebody that's going to draw some votes from some of those awful blue States
I like Rand

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
RFK Jr

Cowardice is the greatest pandemic that has ever affected mankind.
Campfire Ranger
Online Shocked
Campfire Ranger
How can some you say that no one votes for the VP Sarah Palin's the only reason people showed up in 2008 it sure wasn't mcstain and we need somebody that can take over for 8 years after Trump's out this go around

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 257Bob
Originally Posted by pertnear
By my observation, the VP job is just a glorified lackey to the president. The prez assigns the VP jobs he doesn't want to jack with. The qualities needed are someone who can think & talk on the fly & take no sh*t. As for adding to the elect-ability of the prez, they need to be personable & pleasant in appearance (women good looking). As to the possibility that the VP may have to take over as POTUS, voters could care less.

With only four years of eligibility, Trump's VP will be well set to become the next president, I believe that's what most voters will be considering.

Outside of Reagan/Bush - when has that happened?

Me

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
How can some you say that no one votes for the VP Sarah Palin's the only reason people showed up in 2008 it sure wasn't mcstain and we need somebody that can take over for 8 years after Trump's out this go around

I didn't show up for her or McCain. I showed up AGAINST the Dem. 100%

Me

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by rjf
It will be Q!
Dude!

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Outfitter
Online Shocked
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by bowfisher
RFK Jr
F uck outta here lol

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S

Drawing "some votes" from Blue States may look good as far as popular vote is concerned, but he will Never draw enough Blue State votes to win the State.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Is there a female version of Tim Scott around?

Relatively humble upbringing that turned into a success?

Minority (could be Latina or Asian or even Middle Eastern Christian?) for that part of the electorate that sees that as important.

Britt is too establishment for my tastes, as it seems she went right into national politics after University.

Scott at least had his own business (insurance, yikes!) before getting into local politics.

Tulsi? Well, we know her background and I have a sneaky suspicion that some here would not vote in Nov if she is on the ticket with The Donald. They'll never admit it, but that's what they'd do as their mistrust of her, not to mention the fact she's a woman, and a Hindu, would nearly make them apoplectic.

Carson? while I think he'd be suitable I doubt the younger generation voters who are somewhat in the middle, and might be convinced to vote R instead of D because their economic future doesn't look too bright, I don't think they're going to be swayed by Carson.

Going to be really interesting to see just who Trump picks, for sure.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Is there a female version of Tim Scott around?

Yes, Haley

Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

557 members (160user, 17CalFan, 1936M71, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 55 invisible), 2,625 guests, and 1,362 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,702
Posts18,475,262
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.