Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by grouseman
This video, at 3:48 shows the Screen Actors Guild rules on firearms.

It's wise, indeed, for each actor to personally check their prop weapons every time they are handed one by the prop master. That fact doesn't mean, however, that actors who are provided a weapon on set are legally responsible to do that. Producers assume that actors know little to nothing about gun safety, thus they hire someone to tightly maintain control of all prop weapons, and to make sure no actor is ever handed a gun with live ammo in it.

Do you think, for example, anyone expected Amanda Blake of Gunsmoke to personally check this shotgun before she used it in her role as Miss Kitty??

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My problem with Baldwin is he cocked the revolver, aimed at the woman, and pulled the trigger. Why he cocked it and then aimed at her, i can't imagine. That is against protocol on a movie/teevee set. If he had aimed to the side, which is standard, he would have put a .45 hole through the set or perhaps the camera, but not through a living person.

There were all kinds of firearms protocol violations on that flick. No excuses for them, either.

Shoulda woulda coulda ..... doesn't matter now. It's too late.

As for multiple "producers," being listed on a movie as some kind of "producer," means that man is usually washing money through the film. There is only ONE real producer on a movie or tee vee production. (As an aside, a whooollle lot of drug money is washed through Hollywood movies.

People with tons of money quite often love to see their names listed in the beginning credits as "Producer." Makes it easy to pick up and bed hot looking chicks who wanna "get in the movies." wink

FWIW.

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Who was she pointing it at???????????

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I’ve instilled firearm safety in our children from the time they first became interested in “daddy’s guns”. By teaching them from the VERY BEGINNING they don’t know any other way BUT to be safe. They’ve been through hunter’s education but that was a formality that they easily passed. I still will test them without them knowing I’m testing them. I’ll hand them a rifle or pistol and I’ll tell them that it’s empty but they know that they are REQUIRED to clear it and confirm that it’s empty themselves, they know that they are NOT to ever consider a firearm empty unless they’ve checked it themselves and confirmed that it’s empty! I’m an absolute stickler for the rules and by extension they have become sticklers for the rules. I’m extremely proud of them and I’m confident that I’ve given them the proper foundation for firearm safety but now that they are adults it’s their responsibility to ALWAYS adhere to what I’ve taught them….I trust that they will and I pray that they will!

I had men in my young life who taught me firearm safety and they were equally as demanding about ALWAYS, 100% of the time irregardless of the circumstances following the rules. I didn’t want to disappoint those guys because I knew that I would lose the privilege of being able to hunt and shoot at will if I didn’t follow the rules, I couldn’t stomach that thought so I found it easier to do everything right. Thanks to those guys I’ve imparted the same expectations on my children that they imparted on me….

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by rainshot
Who was she pointing it at???????????
I guarantee that she's pointed guns at other actors during her long career playing Miss Kitty.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Bwana_1
Originally Posted by Sprint11
Even George Clooney said when he uses a weapon on set, HE checks every gun handed to him, and show everyone on set it is safe. Baldwin has no excuse.

Sure, sure, sure.....Clooney dumps every mag and checks each bullet individually, to make sure they are blanks, then carefully reloads the gun. All while he's pulling 20 mil down for his role in the film, and it's not his job to do so.

It must take years to make military films at that pace, or any John Wick film.....you think Keanu Reeves and Halle Berry checked the 1000's of rounds they fired in the film ?, most were also pointed at people.

lolololol

This is how you tell the class you don't know how to handle firearms nor do you know the established rules, published by SAG, for handling firearms on movie sets.

Don't point guns at things you are not willing to destroy, and being in a movie does not change the well established and published rules for handling guns on movie sets.

Just because a movie looks real to you does not mean the actors are actually pointing guns at people. It's a movie.

Alec Baldwin pointed a gun at a person off stage and cocked the hammer and then pulled the trigger. Every one of those actions is prohibited on a movies set.

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JohnBurns
Originally Posted by Sprint11
Even George Clooney said when he uses a weapon on set, HE checks every gun handed to him, and show everyone on set it is safe. Baldwin has no excuse.

Sure, sure, sure.....Clooney dumps every mag and checks each bullet individually, to make sure they are blanks, then carefully reloads the gun. All while he's pulling 20 mil down for his role in the film, and it's not his job to do so.

It must take years to make military films at that pace, or any John Wick film.....you think Keanu Reeves and Halle Berry checked the 1000's of rounds they fired in the film ?, most were also pointed at people.

lolololol

This is how you tell the class you don't know how to handle firearms nor do you know the established rules, published by SAG, for handling firearms on movie sets.

Don't point guns at things you are not willing to destroy, and being in a movie does not change the well established and published rules for handling guns on movie sets.

Just because a movie looks real to you does not mean the actors are actually pointing guns at people. It's a movie.

Alec Baldwin pointed a gun at a person off stage and cocked the hammer and then pulled the trigger. Every one of those actions is prohibited on a movies set.

They are prop guns, fake.....like the one's you make.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Prop guns don't shoot real ammo. This one did. It wasn't a prop gun. It was a real one being used in a movie.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Prop guns don't shoot real ammo. This one did. It wasn't a prop gun. It was a real one being used in a movie.

I'm aware of that, but with blanks it's just a prop gun.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

You really need to read a book about Safe Gun Handling.

The life you save might be your own or someone close to you.

Blanks have killed people on movie sets.

John Burns

I have all the sources.

IC B3

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I saw a report that said the gun had live rounds - plural. Does anyone know how many it had in it?

I believe there were 6 lethal cartridges found. At least one was in a gun belt from the Nick Cage movie she was fired from. She was so high all the time it might have been put there back then. She brought them on set carelessly. She alone is responsible for that. Halls had the co responsibility of assuring only safe ammo was loaded in the gun. He didn't bother! Charging Baldwin again is purely political. His sympathetic settlement with Hutchins' husband was very decent from a man permanently scarred by the criminal negligence of careless professionals hired by someone else. His rationalizing and denial of whatever he did looks bad but only natural from a person traumatized by such an incomprehensible tragedy. He has very strong grounds for civil suits against every last one of them.

B
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
I’ve instilled firearm safety in our children from the time they first became interested in “daddy’s guns”. By teaching them from the VERY BEGINNING they don’t know any other way BUT to be safe. They’ve been through hunter’s education but that was a formality that they easily passed. I still will test them without them knowing I’m testing them. I’ll hand them a rifle or pistol and I’ll tell them that it’s empty but they know that they are REQUIRED to clear it and confirm that it’s empty themselves, they know that they are NOT to ever consider a firearm empty unless they’ve checked it themselves and confirmed that it’s empty! I’m an absolute stickler for the rules and by extension they have become sticklers for the rules. I’m extremely proud of them and I’m confident that I’ve given them the proper foundation for firearm safety but now that they are adults it’s their responsibility to ALWAYS adhere to what I’ve taught them….I trust that they will and I pray that they will!

I had men in my young life who taught me firearm safety and they were equally as demanding about ALWAYS, 100% of the time irregardless of the circumstances following the rules. I didn’t want to disappoint those guys because I knew that I would lose the privilege of being able to hunt and shoot at will if I didn’t follow the rules, I couldn’t stomach that thought so I found it easier to do everything right. Thanks to those guys I’ve imparted the same expectations on my children that they imparted on me….

Right on brother. Put the fear in my daughter early. Assume gun is always loaded until you prove otherwise. NEVER point it at anything you don’t want to destroy. Control the muzzle at all times. Never had a problem.

The way life should be.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Crash_Pad
I saw a report that said the gun had live rounds - plural. Does anyone know how many it had in it?

I believe there were 6 lethal cartridges found. At least one was in a gun belt from the Nick Cage movie she was fired from. She was so high all the time it might have been put there back then. She brought them on set carelessly. She alone is responsible for that. Halls had the co responsibility of assuring only safe ammo was loaded in the gun. He didn't bother! Charging Baldwin again is purely political. His sympathetic settlement with Hutchins' husband was very decent from a man permanently scarred by the criminal negligence of careless professionals hired by someone else. His rationalizing and denial of whatever he did looks bad but only natural from a person traumatized by such an incomprehensible tragedy. He has very stronga grounds for civil suits against every last one of them.

Yep. Stupid bitch was smoking weed and snorting coke on the set. He hired a doped up ignorant bitch that introduced live ammo to a movie scene, and knowing she was a Doper, and not firing her stupid ass for bringing live ammo on the set and letting crew members have target practice with the very gun he killed Hutchin’s with was his responsibility and duty.

Irregardless, Baldwin is still responsible for pointing the gun at the Director and pulling the trigger.
Like I’ve said many times before, both should be convicted and serve the maximum sentence allowed by law.

Not a damn bit of sympathy for Asswipe Baldwin. Though.
Paying off Hutchin’s family was nothing more than a bitch move to try to get ahead of a bigger lawsuit.
If anything, he took advantage of her grief stricken family.

Not to mention the fact that he hired the idiot “Armorer”, and was in charge of production and the movie set. He “cheaped out”, rushed things, and created the unsafe environment that lead to the lady’s death.
Did I mention he also pointed the gun and pulled the trigger. 🤪

Nothing “political” about charging the POS with manslaughter.

The only “political” Bullschitt that happened was when the state of NM and their Libertard Prosecutor dropped the initial charges against him.

Last edited by chlinstructor; 03/08/24.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

I'm fully versed and experienced with gun safety, thanks anyway fatboy. Why don't you tell us all about your extensive experience on movie sets Mr.Cheeto.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Blanks have killed folks trying to be funny and putting the gun up to their head and pulling a trigger

A blank was used that killed Bruce Lee's son, just happened to be an obstruction in the barrel from an earlier close up scene that wasn't checked/removed.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
There are a couple professional armorers on the Fire, and they stated it's illegal to even have live rounds on the set.

Illegal?

So you are saying there is a law on the books, set in statute prohibiting live rounds on a movie set? Please post the code.

LOL

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by callnum
There are a couple professional armorers on the Fire, and they stated it's illegal to even have live rounds on the set.

Illegal?

So you are saying there is a law on the books, set in statute prohibiting live rounds on a movie set? Please post the code.

LOL

Ask the professional armorers here, I think the law has to do with the armorer's responsibility and license.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S

No if it was designed and manufactured to be a gun, that’s what it is regardless if it has blanks, or your invented beliefs.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by smallfry

No if it was designed and manufactured to be a gun, that’s what it is regardless if it has blanks, or your invented beliefs.

Some folks actually have a clue. 😜

I wasn’t aware if I bought blanks to fire in my Colt SAA, it instantly becomes a “prop gun”. 🤪

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

I'm fully versed and experienced with gun safety, thanks anyway fatboy. Why don't you tell us all about your extensive experience on movie sets Mr.Cheeto.

Bwanna_Baldwin,

It is plain to see you don't know about gun safety.

There are rules, but you want to protect Alec Baldwin for pointing a gun at a person off set, cocking the hammer while pointing the gun at a person off set, and then pulling the trigger while pointing the gun at the heart of a person off set.

Your unsafe beliefs about gun handling are a reason why we have to many negligent fire arms deaths.

As said above, you need to learn about how to handle firearms in a safe manner before you are responsible for a negligent death from your poor skills.

Thank you for your attention to the matter of learning safe gun handling.

Last edited by JohnBurns; 03/08/24.

John Burns

I have all the sources.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

83 members (7mm_Loco, 808outdoors, 10gaugemag, 19 invisible), 14,540 guests, and 1,149 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,228
Posts18,543,986
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.