-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Was thinking of trying a pair of S&W factory grips on a new to me Model 15-7 but apparently they are only available with a Top Secret Eyes Only Double Secret password.

Seriously, my google fu is not weak but I couldn't find these on Amazon, ebay, Numrich or any place else no matter what search phrase I used. Even S&W's own store doesn't sell them, they only have Hogue's for sale.

It's not a big deal, I'm using a set of Pachmayr grips in "seen better days" condition that work fine. It was just perplexing that for a S&W round butt K frame, probably the most popular revolver type in America, you can't find a set of modern factory grips. You can find more sets of Hogues, hardwood grips from overseas and beat to crap service stocks than you can shake a stock at, but no take-off synthetic S&W factory grips. Did they all get sent to Ukraine?

[Linked Image from cdn11.bigcommerce.com]

If anyone can find these on their very first search on ebay I'll be moderately embarrassed but thankful.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
GB1

T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
There ya go. I stand moderately embarrassed but thankful, apparently my password was one letter off... wink

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
I bought these on eBay for my round butt J-Frame.

From the same S&W series of grips as the one in your image above.

[Linked Image]

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Jim In Idaho: Have your "handled" a set of these grips?
I kind of like the looks of them and a few of my Smith & Wesson revolvers (that I shoot often/Hunt with) might benefit from a set of these?
Are they sticky feeling like some of the replacement Rifle stocks - I would like that as well. Or are they hard rubber/plastic slippery types?
TIA for any info.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I have a set on a S&W Model 617 which is why I was thinking of getting one for the Model 15. In texture/softness, if you put a Hogue rubber grip at 1 and a wooden grip at 10, I'd put them around 6 or 7, maybe with a Pachmayr Presentation grip at a 4 or 5 for a closer comparison.

They are fairly small in diameter but I like the way they cover the backstrap to cushion the web of your hand and protect the trigger guard to keep it from rapping your knuckle, but don't make the revolver sit as high in the hand as most Hogue grips do.

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Jim in Idaho: Thank you for that first hand experience opinion - it is much appreciated.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
Was thinking of trying a pair of S&W factory grips on a new to me Model 15-7 but apparently they are only available with a Top Secret Eyes Only Double Secret password.

Seriously, my google fu is not weak but I couldn't find these on Amazon, ebay, Numrich or any place else no matter what search phrase I used. Even S&W's own store doesn't sell them, they only have Hogue's for sale.

It's not a big deal, I'm using a set of Pachmayr grips in "seen better days" condition that work fine. It was just perplexing that for a S&W round butt K frame, probably the most popular revolver type in America, you can't find a set of modern factory grips. You can find more sets of Hogues, hardwood grips from overseas and beat to crap service stocks than you can shake a stock at, but no take-off synthetic S&W factory grips. Did they all get sent to Ukraine?

If anyone can find these on their very first search on ebay I'll be moderately embarrassed but thankful.

Very ergonomic, comfortable grips. I will try to find some for myself.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I had a late 80s 629 Classic with a little more shooting wear than I like and a little looser lockup and more end-shake than I wanted. I handled a tight new 629 with those style grips and bought the new gun because those grips fit me so well. I sold the older gun and haven't looked back.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

400 members (17CalFan, 160user, 163bc, 12344mag, 1Longbow, 1lesfox, 36 invisible), 1,993 guests, and 1,119 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,245
Posts18,486,114
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.