Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
US debt has grown by almost $7 trillion and we have 10 million more illegals in the country since Biden took office. I may be doing better today but it's at the expense of my kids and grandkids. Personally I'd have to be a real dumb SOB to think I'm doing better now than 3 years ago.

Life is good live it while you can.
GB1

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by TrueGrit
US debt has grown by almost $7 trillion and we have 10 million more illegals in the country since Biden took office. I may be doing better today but it's at the expense of my kids and grandkids. Personally I'd have to be a real dumb SOB to think I'm doing better now than 3 years ago.
This in spades. I honestly wouldn’t give 2 wabi’s if I was rolling in dough right now, no reason to celebrate. This country is in the [bleep] and the future isn’t looking any brighter.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
perhaps for some the question isn't are you better off than 4 years ago

the question should be would you better off without the economic effect of Biden.

If you got a pay increase (probably in some part due to the incredible increase in the cost of living), you're making more money than 4 years ago - but I bet you aren't eating steak as often.

$3.50 a gallon gas, 50% increase in home energy bills, 8% interest rates on home mortgages, at least 30% increase in food prices.

Maybe your individual life got better but compared to what it could be, you're down at least 20% in purchasing power and savings.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Right now,,,,too poor to pick cotton.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by JMR40
Doing much better than I was 4 years ago. Everyone I know is too.

Generally... I would agree...

BUT the paradigm shift is imminent.

The real question is... are you prepared for that pivot?

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Originally Posted by Chuck_R
Originally Posted by jmdriver
Originally Posted by steve4102
Originally Posted by hatari
…means you’re probably here illegally.

4 years ago you were living in Venezuela, Haiti, or some other Third World CaCahole.

Just pointing out the obvious.

How about those you forced to take the Jab, or else. Is their health better or is it quite possibly worse?

Is this directed to me?

IF so I'll take a stab at explaining.

I worked for the army's lessons learned organization. One of the conditions in our position descriptions for analysts beside the normal security clearance requirements is to remain in a "deployable status" IAW with state department and joint travel regulations. Pretty black and white, cut and dry. You met the standard which included physical abilities, immunizations etc. or you didn't. IF you didn't you failed to meet the conditions for employment. Everybody in my section and the organization as a whole for the most part must remain deployable, it's part of the job. IF you're not for whatever reason, and a mission comes down someone will take your place.. period.

During this period for instance I traveled to; Korea, Armenia, Germany (2), Bosnia and the UKR. All of which at that time had immunization and testing requirements. Had I been non-deployable, someone would have had to take my place. Previously I had travelled to Iraq, Afghanistan, Kosovo etc.

At the time I was a GS13 supervisor in charge of our organizations future ops section, responsible for planning large scale collections for contingency operations and exercises. I had 12 employees in my branch, two of which were an army captain and an sergeant First class along with a small IT section and 3 GS12 "planners". Luckily none of my folks refused the "jab", so it was a non issue in my branch. To my knowledge none have had health issues.

Had they refused, I would have processed them for elimination. Because it was my job, and due to a twisted sense of fairness. In our organization of approximately 95 pax, we had one analyst refuse the vaccine and he resigned prior to being removed.

I am proud of his character even if he ended up temporarily unemployed. I bet it didn’t last long, character like that is hard to find these days.

I agree.. zero issues with taking a stand and accepting the consequences. It's the weasels that want it both ways that I take exception to.

What a weasel chkunt you are.

So, you would let him stay, and have other guys take his place on missions.. right?

Unfortunately (or fortunately for guys like you) some of us have to live with big boy rules.

I won't fence with a feckless chkunt. You disgust me.

I take it we're not exchanging cards this X-mas then?

“Might does not make right but it sure makes what is.”
R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Making more money than I ever have (even after accounting for that bit of inflation we had). Retirement accounts and investments have more than doubled in the last four years.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
" Gosh I personally have MONEY so everything is just GREAT!"
Idiot.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by longarm
Idiot.

Exactly.

In other words, fugk my country and fugk everybody else. I'm good! Me me me.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Everybody in my family is healthy.

Marriage is as good as ever.

Daughter finished college with a degree in human physiology. Went on to agent a masters in nursing and is working as a pediatric nurse in an emergency room. She finds it really exciting and fulfilling.

4 years ago my son was having difficulty in high school due to his ADHD, but was able to get into a good university and seem to be progressing fine there.

My community seems to be back to normal after the pandemic and other issues before the last 4 years. Still a few issues, but mostly back to normal.

IC B3

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Idiot.

Exactly.

In other words, fugk my country and fugk everybody else. I'm good! Me me me.

The question was are you better off? You stupid [bleep].

Last edited by RHOD; 03/10/24.
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Catch a clue RHOD. You imagine you are better off because you have some money and your kids appear to be doing fine... Consider expanding your vision outside of the four people that make up your world?
Example: BLM rioters in Portland burned the city for 18 months. Read that again if you need to. This included barricading police in a neighborhood station and throwing fire bombs through the windows. Zero prosecutions. This is the world you are leaving your kids to. Sure, you don't live in Portland so blah blah blah... You seriously don't imagine this is coming for you and your kids?? Still think you're better off?

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
HARD COMMODITIES...

PHYSICALLY HELD.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Catch a clue RHOD. You imagine you are better off because you have some money and your kids appear to be doing fine... Consider expanding your vision outside of the four people that make up your world?
Example: BLM rioters in Portland burned the city for 18 months. Read that again if you need to. This included barricading police in a neighborhood station and throwing fire bombs through the windows. Zero prosecutions. This is the world you are leaving your kids to. Sure, you don't live in Portland so blah blah blah... You seriously don't imagine this is coming for you and your kids?? Still think you're better off?

First, you have no clue what you are talking about.

Second, what was going on in Portland with regard to BLM took place previous to the last 4 years.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Four years go I was married, angry, miserable.

Now I'm divorced, happy (with the things that I can control), and although I am paying a phhuck ton of alimony, I have more money now than I did then.

Happy with our current political climate, happy to be raising a son in the new ago? No.

However, he goes to school with a "furry" who identifies as a cat and he thinks it is weird AF so I know he is on the right track.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by firstcoueswas80
Four years go I was married, angry, miserable.

Now I'm divorced, happy, and although I am paying a [bleep] ton of alimony, I have more money now than I did then.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
RHOD,
Wrong twice. Congrats?
I've lived in the state for 40 years.. I have a fair idea what's been going on here, despite my efforts to the contrary.
If, despite your vague response, you mean that Portland was left leaning and so invited BLM.. I'd have to agree. Are you aware that Portland wasn't always this way? Are you aware that cities in every state are trending this way?
Tell me again how secure you are about your vision of the future you are leaving to your kids..
Or do you just mean that you have lots of snacks and a boat? BFD .

Last edited by longarm; 03/10/24.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
The only way you can be better off is if you are and everything around you in our country is not going to hell. But thanks to liberalism and the bidenistas everything is going to hell so none of us are are doing better no.matter how much your personal situation improves..mb

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob
The only way you can be better off is if you are and everything around you in our country is not going to hell. But thanks to liberalism and the bidenistas everything is going to hell so none of us are are doing better no.matter how much your personal situation improves..mb
And there it is!

E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by Houston_2
Right now,,,,too poor to pick cotton.
Vote for Biden again dumfuk LOL

Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

633 members (10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 1beaver_shooter, 160user, 1eyedmule, 06hunter59, 68 invisible), 15,868 guests, and 1,009 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,197
Posts18,543,507
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.