Hop To
Page 5 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 16 17
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Reloder28
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Loaded question, but I think a lot of people moved on a long time ago.

I did in 1998. In the 70's, Leupold was the premium optic, something to be proud of. My last use of a Leupold was in 1998 when I walked out back and compared a Leupold Vari-X II with a Swarovski Habicht, both 3-9X. There was no comparison.
Could be and not a comparison at all for the price difference either. You sorta forgot that point? Mb

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
GB1

M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
Apparently Leupold is surviving. Did some Googling and according to more than one independent site their 2023 gross income was the highest ever, just over $160,000,000....

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Not all that surprising when you look at where gun sales are.

dave

[Linked Image]

Only accurate rifles are interesting.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Gross income means very little about a company’s financial health.

Last edited by SDHNTR; 03/13/24.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
I wonder about market share though. To me, I would think that would be more indicative. Looking at Leupold in the same way that I would examine an individual stock...even though L&S is not publicly traded...I doubt it would be a "buy and hold".
Using new gun owners as a metric of growth might look good in the short term...but I think the new low information owners are buying the name and reputation of a once dominant company, not a good foundation for long term market share.
Personally I'm not emotional about Leupold, I only have a couple left from 20 or so over the years, slowly trading them out, not because of failures, but because there are a number of low priced scopes that respond to adjustments instantly, and in these years of "out of stock" components, I like to shoot as few shots as possible to verify zero. And it's not just me, I have a number of people who use my shooting range, so I see a broad spectrum of equipment and shooter ability...Leupold tracking is not an imaginary problem..it exists.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
IC B2

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
It’s an eye opener when you realize you can zero a scope with just a couple shots, after enduring years of the “Leupold shuffle”.

"I was born in the log cabin I helped my grandfather build"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Willto
There is a weird anomaly here. Visit virtually any other hunting or shooting forum and you don't see 1/20 th of the Leupold bashing that you see here. Oh sure you see the occasional person talking about a problem with a Leupold at other sites but no more than any other brand and far less than some. (I'm looking at you Vortex)

Then you come here and there is this little click of people that claim to have had a 100% Leupold failure rate. Nope, never had a good one ever. All 14 of them they have owned all chit the bed in spectacular fashion. Kind of makes you wonder why they kept buying them after the first 6 failed but logical thinking like that just gets in the way of a good story. It's also strange that many of us have had 5 or 6 and never had a wisp of a problem. Odd that the failure rate for some is 100% while being 0% for others. Seems like it would even out a bit more. LOL!

I expect any day now to see some newbie trying to make a splash with the "He-Man Leupold Haters Club" by claiming that the Leupold scope he bought crawled off the top of his rifle in the middle of the night; knocked his daughter up, took a huge dump in the guest bathroom without flushing, poisoned the dog; and keyed his car on the way out the driveway. I mean if you are going to exaggerate at least make it interesting.

For a select few here it's a competition to see how many Leupold issues they can say they have had or have heard of happening.

Match results prove Leupold makes a quality scope, as do others such as LOW in Japan.

Leupold Derangement Syndrom is always a sympton of owning [bleep] rifles and the proof of that is the LDS suffer will never let anyone else mount the "bad" Leupold on a good rifle to test.

Another interesting pathology of the LDS suffer is how rabid they are in entering every Leupold thread to whine about their failures.

One never sees a skilled shooter spend any effort bashing optics brands even if they choose to use something different but the LDS victim always feels a compulsion to do anything to attack Leupold. This thread is a good example.

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The fhuqking HILARITY of Professional Victims and their Snake Oil,never wanes. Hint.

Keep The Hurt Feeler Reports coming. Hint..............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
At my gun club, leupold isn’t going anywhere.

Leupold’s own podcast sold me on moving on…
I have a 2-7 on a 22 but that’s my last leupold.

Decades of voting for the lesser of two evils has gotten us just that.....
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob
Originally Posted by Reloder28
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Loaded question, but I think a lot of people moved on a long time ago.

I did in 1998. In the 70's, Leupold was the premium optic, something to be proud of. My last use of a Leupold was in 1998 when I walked out back and compared a Leupold Vari-X II with a Swarovski Habicht, both 3-9X. There was no comparison.
Could be and not a comparison at all for the price difference either. You sorta forgot that point? Mb

Fair enough. I forget more often these days.

Optical clarity was the main consideration, weight was secondary. Price was of no concern and the Swarovski was light. Decided to give it a try and have not been dissappointed.

By the way, in case you missed it, Jeremiah was a bullfrog.
IC B3

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by ruffcutt
It’s an eye opener when you realize you can zero a scope with just a couple shots, after enduring years of the “Leupold shuffle”.

Hated that!!

By the way, in case you missed it, Jeremiah was a bullfrog.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Apparently Leupold is surviving. Did some Googling and according to more than one independent site their 2023 gross income was the highest ever, just over $160,000,000....
I believe it. Other than the few haters on here, Leupold generally speaking is well like by many across the nation

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Wives' Tales and Blue Haired Cat Lady Hissy Fits,do NOT "enhance" mechanical reliability...but it's never not funnier than fhuqk! Hint.

Just sayin'...............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I’ve used a Leupold scope to kill hundreds of animals over the past 30 years. Almost exclusively. I could care less what problems others have had as I’ve proven it to myself.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Wives' Tales and Blue Haired Cat Lady Hissy Fits,do NOT "enhance" mechanical reliability...but it's never not funnier than fhuqk! Hint.

Just sayin'...............

It's never not funny to watch you step on your LiL Fish.

I couldn't begin to guess how many tens of thousands of come-up solutions I've dumped into Leupie erectors...less issue.............

This one is an Instant Classic,for a multitude of reasons,which fly over most heads.

Originally Posted by The Entire 24hr Campfire Membership
[Linked Image from external-content.duckduckgo.com]

John Burns

I have all the sources.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by RemingtonPeters
I’ve used a Leupold scope to kill hundreds of animals over the past 30 years. Almost exclusively. I could care less what problems others have had as I’ve proven it to myself.

Honest question
Have you ever had to tap the turret or bump the recoil pad between adjustments ? Or has it taken a number of shots to “ settle” your adjustments?

Decades of voting for the lesser of two evils has gotten us just that.....
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Squirms',

Keep them Hurt Feeler Reports coming. Hint.

Though if only in "fairness",I'm thinkin' only a coupla new scopes have arrived thus far today. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.............

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Same here. Im not a fan boy, but I dont understand all the hate. I guess we have just been lucky all these years

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
When i switched from Leupold to Nightfirce and Trac Toric I shot the best grouos of my life. I also killed a lot of game with Leupolds but theyvarent the best scope available

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by gunchamp
Same here. Im not a fan boy, but I dont understand all the hate. I guess we have just been lucky all these years

I have a LiL friend who lives up North in AK and before her life went to shit she had very similar luck with Leupold. Then she caught the LDS and now spends her days rubbing Chi Com optics and setting up staged pictures of fake tests.

My 16x,made it beyond 20K,before the A/O puked.

Beings it failed,it ain't in the above tally and it is in fact,the only Leupie I've crashed.

Broke a 6x42 on installation,but I knowed better(DD's on skewed bridge height,less eccentrics)..................

LDS is worse than a crack cocaine addiction on brain cells.

Stay in school and don't catch the LDS, Kids.

[Linked Image from external-content.duckduckgo.com]

John Burns

I have all the sources.

Page 5 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 16 17

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

154 members (264mag, 280Ackleyrized, 300_savage, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 260Remguy, 23 invisible), 2,010 guests, and 934 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,536
Posts18,531,053
Members74,039
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.