Home
Posted By: Jimmypop Will Leupold survive ? - 03/07/24
Having closed the custom shop and the repair shop is there a future. The company is in one of the worst places in the country for gun owners. Will they survive their own business model or are folks moving on.
Loaded question, but I think a lot of people moved on a long time ago.
Posted By: JGRaider Re: Will Leupold survive ? - 03/07/24
No Leupold homer here, but I'm betting they're selling just about everything they make.
Posted By: Kenneth Re: Will Leupold survive ? - 03/07/24
Closed the repair shop?
Posted By: shrapnel Re: Will Leupold survive ? - 03/07/24
Originally Posted by Kenneth
Closed the repair shop?

No need for repairs and people say they make a bad scope…
Had 25+ at one time. Down to maybe 4-5(?)
1.5-5x, 2-2.5-8’s, 2- 3-9x.
Not even a consideration anymore.
Piss poor business model, the management should be hog tied and beaten for their stupidity.
Only rivaled by the NRA for pissing away the potential.
Posted By: humdinger Re: Will Leupold survive ? - 03/07/24
Closed the repair shop?

What?

I just sent a scope in and they gave me a rma...
Arken is gonna put them outta business I guess
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: Will Leupold survive ? - 03/07/24
Of course they’ll survive. Aside from places like this, their scopes are still regarded as one of the best, and nowadays one of the few more or less built here. Their optical performance is good, with very usable ER and eyebox, and above the starter level, good resolution and brightness. Most ordinary users never detect the weaknesses in their mechanics.

I’d love to see them correct the flaws, but that doesn’t seem to be a priority, and likely won’t be as long as they keep selling as they do.
Posted By: Seaman Re: Will Leupold survive ? - 03/07/24
I hope and I am optimistic that they will survive. I have been one of their very good customers. I am very disappointed that they closed their custom shop. I sent them an email stating my disappointment and to their credit they replied but did not say if they will reopen their custom shop or not.

I use their scopes for hunting and I have been happy with their performance. Lately, I have purchased some vx5s and vx6s and their optics are very good. I have done some dialing and they seem ok but time will tell.

If they listen to their customers and provide them with the products and service they want they will survive. I would think that they have the business sense to do that.
Posted By: rflshtr Re: Will Leupold survive ? - 03/07/24
They closed the custom shop but repair shop is still open in my experience. The newer VX-5 HD scopes are very good IMO at their price point. VX3i scopes do not seem to me as good as their previous models. I currently have over 30 of their scopes.
Posted By: Hammerdown Re: Will Leupold survive ? - 03/07/24
They showed us how smart they were when they put out that video a few years ago, with those Flat-Brimmers.

Those fellas didn't know stink from Shinola.
Posted By: WYcoyote Re: Will Leupold survive ? - 03/07/24
For a POS scope they sure seem to sell well in the classifieds here.
Posted By: Teal Re: Will Leupold survive ? - 03/07/24
Originally Posted by WYcoyote

McDonald's sells a lot of beef - doesn't mean they're a good burger.

I'm not pro/anti Leupold. Have exactly 1 of them and it's ok. The only scope maker I harbor a dislike for, real dislike - Burris but I realize their very high end scopes likely are decent today.
From above
They closed the custom shop but repair shop is still open in my experience

I talked to them yesterday. I sent in an old 8X AO for repair. They could not repair
it but I have a new replacement scope coming as a replacement. They did same for
a 4x years back. Both scopes that I bought used.

I am happy with Leupold personally.
Hope they survive. I have owned quite a few and never a problem. I am not happy the way they keeping changing the product line and dropping some of the more popular ones but all and all a good American brand. As far as location, they can always do what S&W, Ruger, Remington and a bunch of others did and flee to a free state.
Originally Posted by WYcoyote

A fool and his money are soon parted lol
Leupold makes a good product.
Margins and quality are being squeezed out of everything these days. The good condition older stuff is where it’s at imo.
Posted By: Hogwild7 Re: Will Leupold survive ? - 03/07/24
I will not ever buy another one of their rifle scopes.
Posted By: gr8fuldoug Re: Will Leupold survive ? - 03/07/24
Closed the repair shop?

No, They closed the custom shop, not the repair shop.
Posted By: Terryk Re: Will Leupold survive ? - 03/07/24
I have a scope in the mail from the repair shop. Probably 6 weeks to replace target turret. Spin and no reticle movement, then a jump. Hope they repaired it, because it had a 1/2 moa custom dot.
Posted By: alpinecrick Re: Will Leupold survive ? - 03/07/24
Originally Posted by Jimmypop
Having closed the custom shop and the repair shop is there a future. The company is in one of the worst places in the country for gun owners. Will they survive their own business model or are folks moving on.

Given the fact the Leupold repair shop is alive and well, not sure you have a clue in the first place……
Posted By: KenMi Re: Will Leupold survive ? - 03/07/24
I'd place a bet on a solid domestic company with a 120+ year history, long before I'd bet on any of the companies manufacturing in Asia.
Posted By: DaveinWV Re: Will Leupold survive ? - 03/07/24
IMO the family owners that have driven the company down will milk the company until they don't get enough and then will sell it. The damage is being done to the company's image.
Yes.
Posted By: 257Bob Re: Will Leupold survive ? - 03/07/24
The last six scopes I've bought have been Leupolds and I'm happy with the ones I have. I do think most of their models are at a good intersection of price/value although there is more and more competition these days! If you're not building scopes in the Indo-Pacific, it's hard to compete on price.
Posted By: SDHNTR Re: Will Leupold survive ? - 03/07/24
They aren’t going anywhere. Leopold and Vortex own the big box market where Bubba shops. Bubba don’t know any better. Bubba points and shoots, or if he dials, he dials CDS.
Originally Posted by SDHNTR
They aren’t going anywhere. Leopold and Vortex own the big box market where Bubba shops. Bubba don’t know any better. Bubba points and shoots, or if he dials, he dials CDS.

Lower price point maybe, but when you get north of $1,000 it's a different market/clientele!
Posted By: Heym06 Re: Will Leupold survive ? - 03/07/24
Of course they will surive. Even on here, a forum with dedicated riflemen, people don't agree on the quality. To the average scope buyer, they are still considered better than most. Especially in the price range! The custom shop must not have been making money, or it would still be in use! Compared to the number of scopes built, how many used the custom shop. 2% or less.. I don't know. When ever I want a feature on a scope, I just buy a scope with that feature, never used the custom shop. Profit is the name of the game!
Posted By: drover Re: Will Leupold survive ? - 03/07/24
At the low prices the custom shop charged for their services I suspect that it was a loss leader for Leupold. I wish the service was still available but if they charged enough to make a profit from the custom shop the whining about them charging to much would be overwhelming.

As far as Leupold and dialing - the VX-3 or VXIII in 6.5x20 has been the most used scope in metallic silhouette competitions for decades. Do they dial perfectly - probably not but they are close enough. They fall in the sweet spot of good optics, good eye relief, light weight, and repeatability that are most compeitors choice.

Considering how many Leupolds are out in the world it is not surprising to hear tales of breakage but as a total percentage I suspect that it is small.

drover
Posted By: EdM Re: Will Leupold survive ? - 03/07/24
Guilty Bubba here...
Jim Carmichel set a new world record using a Leupold scope.

https://www.outdoorlife.com/guns/carmichel-benchrest-world-record/
Posted By: okie john Re: Will Leupold survive ? - 03/07/24

It's a little of everything. As for the area and its politics, Leupold makes optics, not guns. Portland deserves its reputation as a liberal hell hole, but the rest of Oregon is pretty darned red. SIG recently headquartered their electro-optic business just a few miles down the road, plus Benchmade and Gerber are there and Nosler is just over the mountains in Bend, so Oregon may not be as hostile to outdoor manufacturers as one might think.

Time is probably a bigger factor in Leupold's current situation than anything. Redfield was top dog in rifle scopes after WWII, then Leupold came along and turned Redfield into just another player. Now Leupold has lost their dominant position in the sports optic market like Colt lost their position with law-enforcement revolvers to Smith & Wesson.

Those makers were able to get a foot in the door because of the GWOT, which required capacity for innovation and production that Leupold was unable to meet.

The question is whether Leupold can rebound. Their business model is sound because a lot of folks won't buy things that they can't actually touch in a store. But in the same way that Glock pushed S&W out of the LE market, other makers now offer higher-quality products with features (dialing, etc.) that buyers want.

Few of those buyers even understand those features or will ever be able to fully use them, but that's another thread.

Okie John
Posted By: JohnBurns Re: Will Leupold survive ? - 03/07/24
Originally Posted by alpinecrick

Given the fact the Leupold repair shop is alive and well, not sure you have a clue in the first place……

Well KSMITH does love to lie about being a SEAL so it's not suprising he would lie about other things.

Anyone who thinks Leupold is struggling is simply stupid.

The new MK 4 line is the most sucessful product launch in the history of Leupold.
Posted By: gunchamp Re: Will Leupold survive ? - 03/07/24
Leupold isnt going anywhere lol. Man, the internet can be a fun place for info haha
Posted By: gunchamp Re: Will Leupold survive ? - 03/07/24
And to the dialers, I would be willing to place a bet that there are far far more shooters that dont dial than those that do. Most mount, sight in and go kill chit. Leupolds work well for that
Posted By: WoodsyAl Re: Will Leupold survive ? - 03/07/24
Leupold is doing fine. Just look at what is at the optics counter in major sporting goods stores. They wouldn’t stock them if they weren’t selling them.
Posted By: JohnBurns Re: Will Leupold survive ? - 03/07/24
Originally Posted by gunchamp
And to the dialers, I would be willing to place a bet that there are far far more shooters that dont dial than those that do. Most mount, sight in and go kill chit. Leupolds work well for that

Word in the field is that Leupolds dial just fine and have for many years. Even my Lil Buddy up North loves Leupold.

Originally Posted by Big Stick
This one is an Instant Classic,for a multitude of reasons,which fly over most heads.

I couldn't begin to guess how many tens of thousands of come-up solutions I've dumped into Leupie erectors...less issue.............
From what I read here if you send in a 4X and they can't fix it how can they replace it if they don't make 4X scopes anymore?
Posted By: GeoW Re: Will Leupold survive ? - 03/07/24
Leupold is living on reputation from back in the day... but they are circling the drain. Too many "lifetime warranties" to maintain and too little build quality to keep afloat.

g
Originally Posted by MahoningValley
From what I read here if you send in a 4X and they can't fix it how can they replace it if they don't make 4X scopes anymore?
They will either send it back to you or offer you a similar or similarly priced replacement. Your choice.
Posted By: Big Stick Re: Will Leupold survive ? - 03/07/24
It’s too bad,that Reupold is sooooo fhuqking amazingly schitty anymore. Hint………
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: Will Leupold survive ? - 03/08/24
Originally Posted by Timbermaster
Originally Posted by MahoningValley
They will either send it back to you or offer you a similar or similarly priced replacement. Your choice.

That’s pretty much standard practice for any company. Once parts are exhausted for a product line, that’s the end of repairs, unless you go to some aftermarket repair outfit using salvaged parts.
Does any member sell Leupolds? Maybe they can add some intel or arrange a virtual conference with Leupold staff?
Posted By: 260Remguy Re: Will Leupold survive ? - 03/08/24
Why would anyone from Leupold put themselves in a position to be questioned by end users who they seldom have direct contact with?

Big wholesalers and big retailers are their direct, important, customers, end users like you and me are inconsequential to them.

Big wholesalers and big retailers might get answers if they ask hard questions, but once the product is sold, their role in the process is over.
Posted By: Japlvr Re: Will Leupold survive ? - 03/08/24
Originally Posted by DaveinWV
IMO the family owners that have driven the company down will milk the company until they don't get enough and then will sell it. The damage is being done to the company's image.

Agreed!
Posted By: gunchamp Re: Will Leupold survive ? - 03/09/24
Originally Posted by JohnBurns

Word in the field is that Leupolds dial just fine and have for many years. Even my Lil Buddy up North loves Leupold.

This one is an Instant Classic,for a multitude of reasons,which fly over most heads.

I couldn't begin to guess how many tens of thousands of come-up solutions I've dumped into Leupie erectors...less issue.............
Ive never had an issue with one to this day
Posted By: battue Re: Will Leupold survive ? - 03/09/24
Betting odds they will be here when all of us are not.....
Posted By: Huntz Re: Will Leupold survive ? - 03/09/24
I don`t seem to have the Leupold problems others have had . They are going no where.
Posted By: 6MMWASP Re: Will Leupold survive ? - 03/10/24
I just found out that if you have a scope they deem unrepairable you can upgrade by paying the difference in price. I just sent in a 4-12 VXII LR Duplex, they offered a Freedom 30MM 4-12 side parallax TMR, CDS

I didn't want the side focus or the Freedom or the TMR reticle and asked if I could pay the difference to upgrade, answer was sure you can.

I got a 30MM VX-3HD 3.5-10 CDS, Firedot for $100 on the way.
Posted By: JohnBurns Re: Will Leupold survive ? - 03/10/24
Originally Posted by 6MMWASP
I just found out that if you have a scope they deem unrepairable you can upgrade by paying the difference in price. I just sent in a 4-12 VXII LR Duplex, they offered a Freedom 30MM 4-12 side parallax TMR, CDS

I didn't want the side focus or the Freedom or the TMR reticle and asked if I could pay the difference to upgrade, answer was sure you can.

That sounds like a good deal.
Posted By: jimmyp Re: Will Leupold survive ? - 03/10/24
I have a couple left, and I am happy with them. There is a lot of Chinese competition these days, making a pretty good product. Hoping they do not go out of business, be a sad day if they did.
Posted By: tikkanut Re: Will Leupold survive ? - 03/10/24

Have had & used a few Leo products

Then along came the Bushnell 4200 Jap mfg'd scopes

Along with Vortex having the lifetime no questions asked warranty

Leo priced them selves outta the blue collar market
Posted By: 1minute Re: Will Leupold survive ? - 03/10/24
Yes. They do just fine servicing military contracts. Have several and no issues at all with the rifle scopes. Some work on a spotter that was out on Monday and back to me on Friday.
Posted By: Jimmypop Re: Will Leupold survive ? - 03/10/24

That sounds like a good deal.

A good deal on a pile of crap, Lands the new owner a good feeling about having a pile of crap.

On a dummy like Burns the sunglasses don't even hold zero. Rumor is Leupold is getting parts from China for most models.
Posted By: Jimmypop Re: Will Leupold survive ? - 03/10/24

You are half right as I have never owned a Leupold before. Big tasco and bubble pack bushy fan myself.
Posted By: Riverc Re: Will Leupold survive ? - 03/10/24

Hey, you got a good deal that's for sure.
Posted By: bowmanh Re: Will Leupold survive ? - 03/11/24
Leupold seems to still have a pretty large following. I've generally had good luck with Leupold scopes, but have only purchased one in the last 10 years or so. That scope , purchased 2 years ago, is a VX-6 1-6x24 with a Firedot reticle. I bought it primarily because I liked the reticle and its relatively light weight. it performed very well on a .375 H&H for my son and I in Mozambique.

Leupold scopes have traditionally had some strong points (light weight, good eyebox) and some weaknesses (tracking). They seem to be making heavier scopes these days, so I'm guessing they are making the internals more robust. If that's true then they are responding to the market, which now seems to be demanding more precise tracking and adjustments for long range and precision shooting.
Posted By: Kenneth Re: Will Leupold survive ? - 03/11/24

You are half right as I have never owned a Leupold before. Big tasco and bubble pack bushy fan myself.

‘Flave trolling along^…….
With the costs associated with having a repair shop I doubt its economically feasible to repair any scope that costs them less than a certain amount to produce. They know what that number is.

Better for them to just send you a new model with or with a credit to upgrade. It may not make 100% of their customers happy but the largest percentage of them are going to be happy with getting a new model as a replacement or a cheap upgrade.

I would guess that custom shop started to cost them too much to make any benefit they got from it to warrant keeping it going.
Posted By: dassa Re: Will Leupold survive ? - 03/11/24

Unless you got the original broken scope for free, you didn't get the new scope for $100. You just paid for it in installments, with the added trouble of dealing with a broken scope in the meantime.
Posted By: 6MMWASP Re: Will Leupold survive ? - 03/11/24
OK you and Jimmy win. Just trying to pass some info on that folks have an option, other than what they offer as a direct replacement.

Quite the deductive power realizing i got the scope for more than $100. I bet no one else thought of that.
Posted By: dassa Re: Will Leupold survive ? - 03/11/24
OK you and Jimmy win. Just trying to pass some info on that folks have an option, other than what they offer as a direct replacement.

Quite the deductive power realizing i got the scope for more than $100. I bet no one else thought of that.
You obviously didn't:
Posted By: Jimmypop Re: Will Leupold survive ? - 03/11/24

What's the prize???
Posted By: JohnBurns Re: Will Leupold survive ? - 03/12/24

What's the prize???

Copper Stolen Valor Medal with Fake SEAL device.

Congratulations. Now you have 2 but you got this one as a sockpuppet.

[Linked Image from external-content.duckduckgo.com]
Posted By: brinky72 Re: Will Leupold survive ? - 03/12/24
It would be nice if both Leupold and Nosler would move out of Oregon and go to somewhere like Wyoming. Likely they’d find folks that are willing to work and could save some money so they could make a better product at a better price. I believe Weatherby reduced their power bill five fold by moving out of California. At the end of the day there will always be something to use whether or not it has Leupold written on it is up to them.
Posted By: JessG Re: Will Leupold survive ? - 03/12/24
Of all the “industry jobs” you’ve been involved in, how many have you not been fired from? Lol. You’re a f’n D’bag!
Posted By: Fotis Re: Will Leupold survive ? - 03/12/24
Having closed the custom shop is there a future.

Personally I no longer care. Plenty of FAR BETTER choices out there. Only thing I might miss is their light weight, but then again that's a big price to pay if they do not work right.
Posted By: horse1 Re: Will Leupold survive ? - 03/12/24
Originally Posted by Boarmaster123
With the costs associated with having a repair shop I doubt its economically feasible to repair any scope that costs them less than a certain amount to produce. They know what that number is.

Better for them to just send you a new model with or with a credit to upgrade. It may not make 100% of their customers happy but the largest percentage of them are going to be happy with getting a new model as a replacement or a cheap upgrade.

I would guess that custom shop started to cost them too much to make any benefit they got from it to warrant keeping it going.

I think the custom shop cost them sales of new scopes. When you could buy a used model, send it to the custom shop for new features and still be well under the cost of the new model it’s a hard sell to the bean counters to keep that service available.
Posted By: Switch Re: Will Leupold survive ? - 03/12/24
I have owned any Leupold scopes over the years, they have worked well for me, light weight, and good value IMHO. I did have a couple of problems with used scopes I had purchased here or on other sites and they were repaired or replaced in a very timely manner. Leupold has become the punching bag on the "fire", which is a simple case of piling on. Maybe we should find something else to piss and moan about! BTW get off my lawn!
Posted By: Fotis Re: Will Leupold survive ? - 03/12/24
BTY?????
Posted By: Jimmypop Re: Will Leupold survive ? - 03/13/24

What's the prize???

Copper Stolen Valor Medal with Fake SEAL device.

Congratulations. Now you have 2 but you got this one as a sockpuppet.

Only thing stolen is the space I occupy in your head John. Do the Leupold sunglasses come in XXXL so you can wear them.
Posted By: Jimmypop Re: Will Leupold survive ? - 03/13/24
Originally Posted by Switch
I have owned any Leupold scopes over the years, they have worked well for me, light weight, and good value IMHO. I did have a couple of problems with used scopes I had purchased here or on other sites and they were repaired or replaced in a very timely manner. Leupold has become the punching bag on the "fire", which is a simple case of piling on. Maybe we should find something else to piss and moan about! BTY get off my lawn!

I guess I could have ask if the public school system is beyond repair. Your response would have covered both questions. Winks
Posted By: Willto Re: Will Leupold survive ? - 03/13/24
Leupold has become the punching bag on the "fire", which is a simple case of piling on.

There is a weird anomaly here. Visit virtually any other hunting or shooting forum and you don't see 1/20 th of the Leupold bashing that you see here. Oh sure you see the occasional person talking about a problem with a Leupold at other sites but no more than any other brand and far less than some. (I'm looking at you Vortex)

Then you come here and there is this little click of people that claim to have had a 100% Leupold failure rate. Nope, never had a good one ever. All 14 of them they have owned all chit the bed in spectacular fashion. Kind of makes you wonder why they kept buying them after the first 6 failed but logical thinking like that just gets in the way of a good story. It's also strange that many of us have had 5 or 6 and never had a wisp of a problem. Odd that the failure rate for some is 100% while being 0% for others. Seems like it would even out a bit more. LOL!

I expect any day now to see some newbie trying to make a splash with the "He-Man Leupold Haters Club" by claiming that the Leupold scope he bought crawled off the top of his rifle in the middle of the night; knocked his daughter up, took a huge dump in the guest bathroom without flushing, poisoned the dog; and keyed his car on the way out the driveway. I mean if you are going to exaggerate at least make it interesting.
Posted By: Dirtfarmer Re: Will Leupold survive ? - 03/13/24
Originally Posted by Hammerdown
They showed us how smart they were when they put out that video a few years ago, with those Flat-Brimmers.

Those fellas didn't know stink from Shinola.
That came across as arrogant and condescending, didn’t help their cause.

I have several Leopolds, but any new ones I pick up are other brands.

They’ve replaced any problem ones I’ve sent back. Gotta give them credit for good CS.

DF
Posted By: Reloder28 Re: Will Leupold survive ? - 03/13/24
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

I did in 1998. In the 70's, Leupold was the premium optic, something to be proud of. My last use of a Leupold was in 1998 when I walked out back and compared a Leupold Vari-X II with a Swarovski Habicht, both 3-9X. There was no comparison.
Posted By: Exchipy Re: Will Leupold survive ? - 03/13/24
Originally Posted by Willto
Leupold has become the punching bag on the "fire", which is a simple case of piling on.

There is a weird anomaly here. Visit virtually any other hunting or shooting forum and you don't see 1/20 th of the Leupold bashing that you see here. Oh sure you see the occasional person talking about a problem with a Leupold at other sites but no more than any other brand and far less than some. (I'm looking at you Vortex)

Then you come here and there is this little click of people that claim to have had a 100% Leupold failure rate. Nope, never had a good one ever. All 14 of them they have owned all chit the bed in spectacular fashion. Kind of makes you wonder why they kept buying them after the first 6 failed but logical thinking like that just gets in the way of a good story. It's also strange that many of us have had 5 or 6 and never had a wisp of a problem. Odd that the failure rate for some is 100% while being 0% for others. Seems like it would even out a bit more. LOL!

I expect any day now to see some newbie trying to make a splash with the "He-Man Leupold Haters Club" by claiming that the Leupold scope he bought crawled off the top of his rifle in the middle of the night; knocked his daughter up, took a huge dump in the guest bathroom without flushing, poisoned the dog; and keyed his car on the way out the driveway. I mean if you are going to exaggerate at least make it interesting.

Made me smile, chuckle even. Good way to start the day.

Thank you.
Posted By: battue Re: Will Leupold survive ? - 03/13/24
[quote]

Happens almost weekly.....Almost always preceded by...."I have always been a Leupold user"....and ends with...."I hope they can recover, however until then...."
Posted By: dave7mm Re: Will Leupold survive ? - 03/13/24
Originally Posted by Reloder28

I did in 1998. In the 70's, Leupold was the premium optic, something to be proud of. My last use of a Leupold was in 1998 when I walked out back and compared a Leupold Vari-X II with a Swarovski Habicht, both 3-9X. There was no comparison.
I did in 1986......
No light duty loopie erectors for me.
dave
Posted By: KenMi Re: Will Leupold survive ? - 03/13/24

Justification for using Asian optics. HINT.
And the same site where some actually believe the BS from BS. So, the gullible factor. Another HINT.
Posted By: Magnum_Bob Re: Will Leupold survive ? - 03/13/24

Could be and not a comparison at all for the price difference either. You sorta forgot that point? Mb
Posted By: Mule Deer Re: Will Leupold survive ? - 03/13/24
Apparently Leupold is surviving. Did some Googling and according to more than one independent site their 2023 gross income was the highest ever, just over $160,000,000....
Not all that surprising when you look at where gun sales are.

dave
Posted By: SDHNTR Re: Will Leupold survive ? - 03/13/24
Gross income means very little about a company’s financial health.
Posted By: flintlocke Re: Will Leupold survive ? - 03/13/24
I wonder about market share though. To me, I would think that would be more indicative. Looking at Leupold in the same way that I would examine an individual stock...even though L&S is not publicly traded...I doubt it would be a "buy and hold".
Using new gun owners as a metric of growth might look good in the short term...but I think the new low information owners are buying the name and reputation of a once dominant company, not a good foundation for long term market share.
Personally I'm not emotional about Leupold, I only have a couple left from 20 or so over the years, slowly trading them out, not because of failures, but because there are a number of low priced scopes that respond to adjustments instantly, and in these years of "out of stock" components, I like to shoot as few shots as possible to verify zero. And it's not just me, I have a number of people who use my shooting range, so I see a broad spectrum of equipment and shooter ability...Leupold tracking is not an imaginary problem..it exists.
Posted By: ruffcutt Re: Will Leupold survive ? - 03/13/24
It’s an eye opener when you realize you can zero a scope with just a couple shots, after enduring years of the “Leupold shuffle”.
Posted By: JohnBurns Re: Will Leupold survive ? - 03/13/24

For a select few here it's a competition to see how many Leupold issues they can say they have had or have heard of happening.

Match results prove Leupold makes a quality scope, as do others such as LOW in Japan.

Leupold Derangement Syndrom is always a sympton of owning [bleep] rifles and the proof of that is the LDS suffer will never let anyone else mount the "bad" Leupold on a good rifle to test.

Another interesting pathology of the LDS suffer is how rabid they are in entering every Leupold thread to whine about their failures.

One never sees a skilled shooter spend any effort bashing optics brands even if they choose to use something different but the LDS victim always feels a compulsion to do anything to attack Leupold. This thread is a good example.
Posted By: Big Stick Re: Will Leupold survive ? - 03/13/24
The fhuqking HILARITY of Professional Victims and their Snake Oil,never wanes. Hint.

Keep The Hurt Feeler Reports coming. Hint..............
Posted By: JeffP Re: Will Leupold survive ? - 03/13/24
At my gun club, leupold isn’t going anywhere.

Leupold’s own podcast sold me on moving on…
I have a 2-7 on a 22 but that’s my last leupold.
Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob

Could be and not a comparison at all for the price difference either. You sorta forgot that point? Mb

Fair enough. I forget more often these days.

Optical clarity was the main consideration, weight was secondary. Price was of no concern and the Swarovski was light. Decided to give it a try and have not been dissappointed.
Originally Posted by ruffcutt
It’s an eye opener when you realize you can zero a scope with just a couple shots, after enduring years of the “Leupold shuffle”.

Hated that!!
Posted By: gunchamp Re: Will Leupold survive ? - 03/13/24
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Apparently Leupold is surviving. Did some Googling and according to more than one independent site their 2023 gross income was the highest ever, just over $160,000,000....
I believe it. Other than the few haters on here, Leupold generally speaking is well like by many across the nation
Wives' Tales and Blue Haired Cat Lady Hissy Fits,do NOT "enhance" mechanical reliability...but it's never not funnier than fhuqk! Hint.

Just sayin'...............
I’ve used a Leupold scope to kill hundreds of animals over the past 30 years. Almost exclusively. I could care less what problems others have had as I’ve proven it to myself.
Wives' Tales and Blue Haired Cat Lady Hissy Fits,do NOT "enhance" mechanical reliability...but it's never not funnier than fhuqk! Hint.

It's never not funny to watch you step on your LiL Fish.

Originally Posted by The Entire 24hr Campfire Membership
Posted By: JeffP Re: Will Leupold survive ? - 03/13/24
Originally Posted by RemingtonPeters
I’ve used a Leupold scope to kill hundreds of animals over the past 30 years. Almost exclusively. I could care less what problems others have had as I’ve proven it to myself.

Honest question
Have you ever had to tap the turret or bump the recoil pad between adjustments ? Or has it taken a number of shots to “ settle” your adjustments?
Squirms',

Keep them Hurt Feeler Reports coming. Hint.

Though if only in "fairness",I'm thinkin' only a coupla new scopes have arrived thus far today. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.............
Posted By: gunchamp Re: Will Leupold survive ? - 03/13/24
Same here. Im not a fan boy, but I dont understand all the hate. I guess we have just been lucky all these years
Posted By: jwp475 Re: Will Leupold survive ? - 03/13/24
When i switched from Leupold to Nightfirce and Trac Toric I shot the best grouos of my life. I also killed a lot of game with Leupolds but theyvarent the best scope available
Same here. Im not a fan boy, but I dont understand all the hate. I guess we have just been lucky all these years

I have a LiL friend who lives up North in AK and before her life went to shit she had very similar luck with Leupold. Then she caught the LDS and now spends her days rubbing Chi Com optics and setting up staged pictures of fake tests.

My 16x,made it beyond 20K,before the A/O puked.

Beings it failed,it ain't in the above tally and it is in fact,the only Leupie I've crashed.

Broke a 6x42 on installation,but I knowed better(DD's on skewed bridge height,less eccentrics)..................

LDS is worse than a crack cocaine addiction on brain cells.

Stay in school and don't catch the LDS, Kids.

Keep The Hurt Feeler Reports coming and pardon simplistic Facts,fully controlling your very being. Hint................

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Long live Leupold.
It's simply FUNNIER than fhuqk,that a $1999 Reupold(coddled in ALL regards),can't even fhuqking BEGIN to keep mechanical pace,with a $299 6x MQ(that's been knocked around a smidge). HINT.

Hell...Reupold can't even legally state "Made In America". HINT.

Just sayin'..................
Posted By: Bugger Re: Will Leupold survive ? - 03/13/24
I like Leupolds
Posted By: Japlvr Re: Will Leupold survive ? - 03/13/24
Originally Posted by Bugger
I like Leupolds

I don't like Leupolds
They are the best hunting scopes money can buy. If you don’t think so, I don’t care.

Originally Posted by Japlvr
I like Leupolds

I don't like Leupolds

I like Leupolds..............Doesn't shoot much.

I don't like Leupolds......Shoots alot..

dave
Posted By: Mule Deer Re: Will Leupold survive ? - 03/13/24

Yeah, except Leupold's gross income is over twice as much as the second-place American scope manufacturer.

I also found a lot of interesting info on the overall scope market through this:
https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/rifle-scopes-market-size-2023-share-latest/

Personally, I also quit using Leupold's latest offerings over a decade ago, when too many of them "failed" in one way or another. Eventually started printing their repair-department forms in batches.

Have tried a few of their newer scopes since then, and they worked, though not any better than a bunch of other brands. I still have several Leupolds on rifles, but most are old M8s, which fit and look better on my "classic" hunting rifles. Otherwise I use several brands/models that work better on more modern rifles.....

Yeah, except Leupold's gross income is over twice as much as the second-place American scope manufacturer.

I also found a lot of interesting info on the overall scope market through this:
https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/rifle-scopes-market-size-2023-share-latest/

Personally, I also quite using Leupold's latest offerings around a decade ago, when too many of them "failed" in one way or another. Eventually started printing their repair-department forms in batches.

Have tried a few of their newer scopes since then, and they worked OK, though not any better than a bunch of other brands. I still have several Leupolds on rifles, but most are old M8s, which fit and look better on my "classic" hunting rifles. Otherwise I use several brands/models that work better on more modern rifles.....

You weren't using good rifles, and/or you can't shoot very well.

Signed,

Nyquil Burns and Paisano Cumooglia
Posted By: bobski Re: Will Leupold survive ? - 03/13/24
what has replaced them in the spotlight these days?
Posted By: Dirtfarmer Re: Will Leupold survive ? - 03/13/24
They are the best hunting scopes money can buy. If you don’t think so, I don’t care.

Sorta reminded me of my Leupold, Rem 7 and 'yote photo.

Your critter a lot bigger than mine, looks about as dead.

DF

Have tried a few of their newer scopes since then, and they worked, though not any better than a bunch of other brands. I still have several Leupolds on rifles, but most are old M8s, which fit and look better on my "classic" hunting rifles. Otherwise I use several brands/models that work better on more modern rifles.....

What other brands and please expound on how those brands "work better on more modern rifles".

Thanks.
Posted By: gunzo Re: Will Leupold survive ? - 03/14/24
Considering this posters weather & his mention of it is in line with what strangely looks like missed wind calls. Especially when shooting rim fire. If it was anybody else I'd say it was. But maybe Schtick just wouldn't do that.

It's simply FUNNIER than fhuqk,that a $1999 Reupold(coddled in ALL regards),can't even fhuqking BEGIN to keep mechanical pace,with a $299 6x MQ(that's been knocked around a smidge). HINT.

Hell...Reupold can't even legally state "Made In America". HINT.

Just sayin'..................
Posted By: Big Stick Re: Will Leupold survive ? - 03/14/24
Oddly enough,the day's "weather" only effects Reupold. Hint.

Touch the erector and groups blew up. The more input,the schittier it did,though at a static distance,in static conditions. Hint.

Place a scope of repute on board and it shot like an 18lb+ Vudoo wearing a Bart' spout and Shilen double ounce trigger should,from a steel bench. Hint.

Rinse/repeat on another day and the steaming pile of fhuqking schit $1999 Reupold,replicated said horrid results,again at the 50yd line in static conditions. Less erector manipulations,it would get by(trio). DOPE a 15 Mil correction,into the same target and all bets were off,yet again(brace of WILD Erector Bitches). Hint.

Again,no other glass in tow had an "issue". Hint.

I was pretty hot that day to 1300yds+,with both the Accuracy International AT-X(7" RPM K&P no-turn Dasher with 112's/SWFA 5-20x HD Mil/Mil FFP LitBitch) and the Liljee 7" RPM Speedmire with 88's and NXS 2.5-10x MIL-R. Hint.

Posted By: gunzo Re: Will Leupold survive ? - 03/14/24
Are you using 112's in the Dasher, Match Burners I assume, simply for "their" high BC or otherwise?

Feel better now. Much better comprehension of quextion due to better speeling.

Are we throwing ELDM's over the rail?
"Their" is an admittedly big word. Hint.

I only shoot said projectile in 270,6 ARC,243 Grendel,6BR,Dasher,Seex Kreed,243Win,243AI and 6-06,in a goodly sized herd of platforms. Hint.

"Surprisingly",Reupold could NOT even begin to make the cut,on any of 'em. Hint.

Just sayin'............
Posted By: Mule Deer Re: Will Leupold survive ? - 03/14/24

What other brands and please expound on how those brands "work better on more modern rifles".

Thanks.

Have mentioned a few times before, here and there, that I've now "broken" scopes of 20 different brands just by shooting the rifles they were mounted on. That's brands, not individual scopes. Of course a lot of that occurred when I was writing more than one magazine column about hunting optics, so was shooting quite a bit.

The "dialing" scopes I'm using on longer-range rifles these days have mostly turned out to be made by Light Optical Works, which apparently knows how to do that stuff. They've also been supposedly different "brands," but they all tend to work reliably--and even if they eventually didn't', have lasted longer than others.

What was that other brand of scope you used on your rifles a while back? You offered to send me one to test when we met at SHOT years ago, but a sample never showed up.

John
Posted By: JohnBurns Re: Will Leupold survive ? - 03/14/24

Thanks.
Have mentioned a few times before, here and there, that I've now "broken" scopes of 20 different brands just by shooting the rifles they were mounted on. That's brands, not individual scopes. Of course a lot of that occurred when I was writing more than one magazine column about hunting optics, so was shooting quite a bit.

The "dialing" scopes I'm using on longer-range rifles these days have mostly turned out to be made by Light Optical Works, which apparently knows how to do that stuff. They've also been supposedly different "brands," but they all tend to work reliably--and even if they eventually didn't', have lasted longer than others.

What was that other brand of scope you used on your rifles a while back? You offered to send me one to test when we met at SHOT years ago, but a sample never showed up.

John

You might have me confused with someone else at SHOT. Last time I saw you and Eileen Leupold was the only scope I was putting on the rifles. As I sell rifles with optics I would not offer to send out optics for free just for fun. We can agree you never paid for an optic so the wait at the mailbox for a free one was a long wait.

These day we offer a few more choices because there are a lot more good choices. Maven is by far our next most used scope and I would say it's LOWs best effort. I don't like FFP but others do so Maven brings the best that LOW can do at a good price.

If you want to see some Mavens in action I can make it happen. I assume you have access to places to stretch things out but if not I have private ranges out to more than a mile with targetry.

I would be interested in seeing your optics setup that "work better on more modern rifles" than Leupold and I am sure the Campfire would be interested.

Let me know.
I didn't say you offered a free scope. Instead you offered to send a test scope--which is what most scope companies do. I can then either return them, or pay for 'em.

Have tested Maven optics, and they're very good. So are a bunch of others.
Posted By: dpd Re: Will Leupold survive ? - 03/14/24
I didn't say you offered a free scope. Instead you offered to send a test scope--which is what most scope companies do. I can then either return them, or pay for 'em.

Honest question. What are the other brands ?

As I am not a scope company I would not have offered to send you a scope, for testing or otherwise. I might have offered to demo a rifle setup.

Anyway, I am still interested in the scopes you have found to be better than Leupold for modern rifles and why those scopes are better.

The 24hr Campfire is a good place to learn new things.

As I am not a scope company I would not have offered to send you a scope, for testing or otherwise. I might have offered to demo a rifle setup.

Anyway, I am still interested in the scopes you have found to be better than Leupold for modern rifles and why those scopes are better.

You offered to send me a "Greybull" scope to test, which was evidently a Leupold-made scope.

The LOW-manufactured dialing scopes I've used with great results over years of twirling them up and down have included Bushnell Elites, Nightforces, Tract Torics and Weaver Super Slams. There are probably some more I can't remember offhand.

You offered to send me a "Greybull" scope to test, which was evidently a Leupold-made scope.

The LOW-manufactured dialing scopes I've used with great results over years of twirling them up and down have included Bushnell Elites, Nightforces, Tract Torics and Weaver Super Slams. There are probably some more I can't remember offhand.

Well I still have a few of those scopes if you want to see a demo of how well they still work after many years and much dialing.

We could compare those at Long Range to your LOW scopes of recent vintage. The ones that work better on modern rifles. It would be fun.

Let me know.
Posted By: JessG Re: Will Leupold survive ? - 03/14/24
You’re so FOS that you can’t keep track of the BS you say/post! Lol You are a complete D’bag and a pathetic POS…

Being a drunk, lying D’bag is worse than a crack cocaine addiction on brain cells.

Stay in school and don't catch the John Burns syndrome , Kids.
Posted By: JessG Re: Will Leupold survive ? - 03/14/24
Of all the “industry jobs” you’ve been involved in, how many have you not been fired from? Lol. You’re a f’n D’bag!
Jeez. It’s a scope. If you miss it gives you something to blame your incompetence on.
It's a FANTASY World,in which gals believe all wares are "equal",or even fhuqking close. Hint.

Bless your heart.

Hint.

Just sayin'.................
Posted By: bwinters Re: Will Leupold survive ? - 03/14/24
Did you run over yourself backing up that fast?
Full steam ahead. Hint.

As in Steaming Pile Of Fhuqking Schit. Hint.

Cheer up...good stuff arrived yesterday. Hint.

ARRRRRGGHH
😫
Posted By: rcamuglia Re: Will Leupold survive ? - 03/14/24
Great Leupold thread, as always

🤣😂🤣
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: Al_Nyhus Re: Will Leupold survive ? - 03/14/24
Had my new 'Rat Rod' Benchrest gun out for a shakedown a couple weeks ago. Even with the switchy 11:00-1:00 13-15 mph winds, the mechanically solid scope let the gun live up to it's potential @ 100 yds. No insects were harmed during the testing. Scope brand withheld to protect the innocent. wink

Originally Posted by Al_Nyhus
Even with the switchy 11:00-1:00 13-15 mph winds, the mechanically solid scope let the gun live up to it's potential @ 100 yds.

Ah yes, a true torture test of an optic’s mechanical integrity at a whole 100 yards

How many revolutions on the turret to get that far out?

😂🤣😂🤣
Posted By: 338rcm Re: Will Leupold survive ? - 03/14/24
Had my new 'Rat Rod' Benchrest gun out for a shakedown a couple weeks ago. Even with the switchy 11:00-1:00 13-15 mph winds, the mechanically solid scope let the gun live up to it's potential @ 100 yds. No insects were harmed during the testing. Scope brand withheld to protect the innocent. wink

Nothing wrong with Sightron
Great shooting Al. Probably not a Reupold here either. Hint.

Just sayin'................
A mechanically solid optic that let another rifle perform to its maximum potential at the extreme range of 100 yards

Posted By: flintlocke Re: Will Leupold survive ? - 03/14/24

One cannot help but notice the orange dead blow hammer Al used to use for fine adjustment back in his Leupold days. Snork.
HILARIOUSLY,everyone who has actually shot,has played Reupold Tag with their erector and chasing POA/POI intersections. Hint.

Zero Retention,Return To Zero and Unerring Tracking ARE soothing. Multiple hundreds of Mil's of travel induced here,with return to zero and lastly tracking...THE Mechanical Trifecta. Reupold can't/won't/don't,which are simplistic Facts. Hint.

Grab your BEST Reupold,with said rifle and simply gun a TTT from zero,to end of erector travel and whip the zoom selector a few times between shots. It WILL be fhuqking funny! Hint.

Then give 'er a nice toss,whistle 500 MOA through the erector and take it to 900yds on the fly. Hint.

I'm always torn on which is fhuqking FUNNIER,the Silence or the Excuses. Hint.

A rock solid POI is the primary indicator of the erector assembly fit into the joint(s) that allow it to move when you change w/e.

If that's a good fit, then the tracking will almost always be good as well. And while there can be design issues with the joint(s), that fit is primarily influenced by the care taken when the scope is assembled and the mfgs. Q.C. process after it's assembled.

Good shootin' smile -Al
Posted By: mathman Re: Will Leupold survive ? - 03/14/24
Originally Posted by flintlocke

One cannot help but notice the orange dead blow hammer Al used to use for fine adjustment back in his Leupold days. Snork.

I believe that's a Sightron pictured.
Posted By: flintlocke Re: Will Leupold survive ? - 03/14/24
Math, Note the past tense, "used to use"..."back in his Leupold days"...since Al went to Sightron, you will note, just barely discernable, a cobweb on the deadblow hammer.
More good stuff today. Hint.

Just sayin'..............
Posted By: Bugger Re: Will Leupold survive ? - 03/14/24
Originally Posted by dave7mm
I like Leupolds

I don't like Leupolds

I like Leupolds..............Doesn't shoot much.

I don't like Leupolds......Shoots alot..

dave

I suspect that I shoot a lot compared to most here on the fire.

I have had to send a few in. But all in all I think their scopes are pretty good. I feel sorry for those who don’t think so.

Many of the Leupolds I own are M8’s and older variables. I only have a few newer variables and they’re mounted on varmint rifles or one’s I don’t shoot as often. I don’t like variables and when I get the chance I’ll buy a fix power and sell a variable. I would guess that close to 9 out of 10 are fixed power.
Originally Posted by flintlocke
Math, Note the past tense, "used to use"..."back in his Leupold days"...since Al went to Sightron, you will note, just barely discernable, a cobweb on the deadblow hammer.

Not exactly. I still have some Leupolds that continue to be dead solid reliable. In fact, my first IBS Hunter National Championship came with a Premier tweaked 6X on the gun. And this 45X has been like a tank since it came out of the box:

Being results oriented, that's what I care about . The brand name is secondary. Of course, some like to spin that with their version of sound bite (print bite) journalism to try and make some sort of case for being anti Leupold.

The red hammer is for seating the the carbide points on the front two adjusters into the bench top.
I'd very much like to see Reupold turn things around,but the ship has already struck the iceberg and they give ZERO fhuqks. Hint.

Just sayin'.............
Posted By: KenMi Re: Will Leupold survive ? - 03/14/24
SWFA is doing awesome. Leupold better watch out. LOL

Barfin Arkin is closing in. They just have to perfect getting the 30mm diameter right.
Posted By: dave7mm Re: Will Leupold survive ? - 03/14/24
I saw the hammer and figured you were seating the points into the bench with your Heart rest.

Dave.
If only in "fairness" to Brokedick Drooling CLUELESS Kchunts,I've not received anything from Barkin' Arken since yesterday and there was only a coupla sets of rings. Hint.

Fortunately for same,Imagination and Pretend are free,so even they can "afford" to "contribute". Hint.

Just sayin'...................
Posted By: JohnBurns Re: Will Leupold survive ? - 03/15/24
If you suffer from acute LDS you might not want to click this:

Leupold Wins Again

Leupold & Stevens, Inc., provider of the world’s most rugged, lightweight, and clear sport optics, is pleased to announce that Leupold Pro Shooters Matt Alwine and Nick Gadarzi combined to secure wins at both the National Rifle League (NRL) Hunter Sheep Mountain Shootout and the Precision Rifles Series’ (PRS) Lead Farm Barrel Burner 2.0 match, respectively, last weekend, June 9-11.

Alwine captured the Open Light Division title at the first-ever Sheep Mountain Shootout, which was hosted by Gunwerks in Cody, Wyo. The simulated event consisted of 18 stages, with average target distances of 400 yards and shots out to 1,000 yards. Steep angles and tricky wind calls made the course a complex shoot.

Gadarzi, meanwhile, took home first place in the PRS Lead Farm Barrel Burner 2.0 match, held in Prosser, Wash. The Lead Farm event featured targets ranging from 100 to 1,500 yards, and challenged participants to shoot from prone positions, off barricades/props, from vehicles, and from trailers.

Both shooters use the Leupold Mark 5HD with the PR2-MIL reticle in competition.

Winners use Leupold.

Originally Posted by 24hr Campfire Skilled Shooters with Good Rifles
Posted By: rcamuglia Re: Will Leupold survive ? - 03/15/24

I don’t think this is correct. If it was, the scope would have to have accurate click values, hold zero and return to zero flawlessly

I’ve learned from the experts here that the Mark 5HD sucks

🤣
Originally Posted by rcamuglia

I don’t think this is correct. If it was, the scope would have to have accurate click values, hold zero and return to zero flawlessly

🤣

I just got done reading an in depth scientific study about shooters, scopes, and good rifles. It's long and dry so I will spare everyone the boring parts.

The conclusion was that those with shit rifles and shitty shooting skills were much more likely to think Leupold will not survive.

Basically a 99% correlation over a very large sample size.

Originally Posted by 24hr Campfire skilled shooters with good rifles
Posted By: Jimmypop Re: Will Leupold survive ? - 03/15/24
John the industry leader in phucqn businesses up looks at you every time you see a mirror.

It's no wonder Reco the fryer bitch is a fanboy.

🤣

I just got done reading an in depth scientific study about shooters, scopes, and good rifles. It's long and dry so I will spare everyone the boring parts.

The conclusion was that those with shit rifles and shitty shooting skills were much more likely to think Leupold will not survive.

Basically a 99% correlation over a very large sample size.

Originally Posted by 24hr Campfire skilled shooters with good rifles

I should have ask will Wyoming arms survive.
Posted By: bobski Re: Will Leupold survive ? - 03/15/24
took a while...but i hear someone saying maven is another brand in the spotlight.
Originally Posted by bobski
took a while...but i hear someone saying maven is another brand in the spotlight.

I have a few and they are great. I couldn't afford a good rifle so I mounted them on a field and stream magazine stack.
Posted By: dave7mm Re: Will Leupold survive ? - 03/15/24

Fclass nationals.
The top 15 shooters.
Not one Leupold in the bunch.
dave
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...v/pubhtml?gid=2075307682&single=true

Fclass equipment list for f open.
I counted over 60 names .
Not one Leupold in the list.
So sad.

dave
Fclass is a pure gear show. Stick those kooks in minus 20 and a foot of snow and they wouldn’t be able to load their gun let alone kill an animal. I’m kidding, a lil bit…
Posted By: Japlvr Re: Will Leupold survive ? - 03/15/24

Fclass nationals.
The top 15 shooters.
Not one Leupold in the bunch.
dave

Not only was there NOT 1 Leupold in the top 15 shooters at the 2023 Nationals, but there is NOT 1 Leupold used in either F-TR (60 shooters) or F-Open (90 shooters) TOTAL!!!

NO ONE was using a Leupold at the 2023 F-Class National Long Range Event.

What a shocker.
Fclass is a pure gear show. Stick those kooks in minus 20 and a foot of snow and they wouldn’t be able to load their gun let alone kill an animal. I’m kidding, a lil bit…

Just a Lil Bit.

PRS and NRL require durability and perfect tracking.

F Class allows spotters so a perfect tracking is of less importance.

Which competition is closer to real world hunting and why is it PRS/NRL?

What optic dominates PRS/NRL and why is it Leuopld?

What optic dominates hunting and why is it Leupold?

Thanks for playing all you LDS Losers.

Originally Posted by 24hr Campfire skilled hunters and shooters with good rifles
Posted By: Blackheart Re: Will Leupold survive ? - 03/15/24
I notice you can't hardly pry most shooters off the bench at my local range and if you do they can't hit a fuggin mini van from 100 yards without they flop down and use a bi pod. Those little groups from the bench/bipod are enchanting I guess but they'll never become good all around marksmen if that's all they do and that will cost them game out in these woods.

Just a Lil Bit.

Originally Posted by 24hr Campfire skilled hunters and shooters with good rifles

Then Please explain how mid to long range benchrest competition which measures groups to the ten- 1000th of an inch, Leupold is no longer a scope of choice? At the 2023 600 yard Benchrest Nationals, there was not 1 Leupold used in over 100 shooters.
Posted By: jwp475 Re: Will Leupold survive ? - 03/15/24
Scope Tracking Test Results 2020

Lowlight
Oct 30, 2020 at 5:21 PM
Updated on Sep 22, 2023 at 6:48 PM
In the Field Scope Tracking Test

Sniper’s Hide Target USA Scope Testing Fixture
As many shooters have read in the Sniper’s Hide Forum, or have heard on the Everyday Sniper Podcast, during our precision rifle classes we removed and test scopes for tracking. The genesis behind this was twofold, first, we used to only accomplish this in our PR 2 class, and second, it solves a rifle set up problems we often observe. Today we do it in all our basic Marc & Frank PR Classes.

When we dope a rifle at distance the data needed to hit the target is that value. In other words, if you dial 8.5 Mils to hit a target, that is all you need, unless the environmental conditions changed enough. Under these same conditions, 8.5 is my answer. If you are looking to predict a solution in software, you want to give the software all the variables that may influence the accuracy of the prediction. So, if your scope tracks at 98% of actual, you want to tell the software to correct for the variation. Instead of reading .1 Mils it would be .098. That is why we tall target test, it is one of the variables. This also gives you a baseline for that particular optic. If something is amiss down the road, you now have a model to use where you repeat it and attempt to identify the problem.

The more we started to remove scopes from students’ rifles the more variations we began to see. These included scopes that were improperly mounted in the rings and levels that were not in the correct agreement with the reticle. Since the Target is level, as is the fixture, we can test both tracking and look at the plumb of the reticle. To relate this to those reading this, we see about 1/3 of scopes in a 12 -16 Person Class is not level and about another 3rd which are not correctly aligned to the bubble level or the level has been knocked off.

Sniper's Hide Forum
Accuracy
Abel Company
ACCURACYGEAR REVIEWSLONG RANGE SHOOTINGMARKSMANSHIPRIFLE SCOPES
Scope Tracking Test Results 2020

Lowlight
Oct 30, 2020 at 5:21 PM
Updated on Sep 22, 2023 at 6:48 PM
In the Field Scope Tracking Test

Sniper’s Hide Target USA Scope Testing Fixture
As many shooters have read in the Sniper’s Hide Forum, or have heard on the Everyday Sniper Podcast, during our precision rifle classes we removed and test scopes for tracking. The genesis behind this was twofold, first, we used to only accomplish this in our PR 2 class, and second, it solves a rifle set up problems we often observe. Today we do it in all our basic Marc & Frank PR Classes.

When we dope a rifle at distance the data needed to hit the target is that value. In other words, if you dial 8.5 Mils to hit a target, that is all you need, unless the environmental conditions changed enough. Under these same conditions, 8.5 is my answer. If you are looking to predict a solution in software, you want to give the software all the variables that may influence the accuracy of the prediction. So, if your scope tracks at 98% of actual, you want to tell the software to correct for the variation. Instead of reading .1 Mils it would be .098. That is why we tall target test, it is one of the variables. This also gives you a baseline for that particular optic. If something is amiss down the road, you now have a model to use where you repeat it and attempt to identify the problem.

The more we started to remove scopes from students’ rifles the more variations we began to see. These included scopes that were improperly mounted in the rings and levels that were not in the correct agreement with the reticle. Since the Target is level, as is the fixture, we can test both tracking and look at the plumb of the reticle. To relate this to those reading this, we see about 1/3 of scopes in a 12 -16 Person Class is not level and about another 3rd which are not correctly aligned to the bubble level or the level has been knocked off.

Pulling a scope gives us more than one training opportunity during basic class. We can point out the issues above, also we can demonstrate parallax using their optic and after testing is completed, we can help with rifle set up. The line goes from Marc testing all the Optics to Me assisting the student with set up, mounting and initial rezeroing. Each step is controlled, each task is done by the same people. If we do see an error, we put several eyes on it and come to an agreement as to what we are looking at. Many of these variations are minor, top or bottom of the reference, or minor gaps between the reticle and target.

We conduct our Test at 100 yards, mainly because that is universal for the ranges we use. But also, because we are shooting alongside the testing, so setting everything up at 100 is easy. With most of the modern scopes we use, seeing is not an issue, but it can be.

Just a Lil Bit.

Then Please explain how mid to long range benchrest competition which measures groups to the ten- 1000th of an inch, Leupold is no longer a scope of choice? At the 2023 600 yard Benchrest Nationals, there was not 1 Leupold used in over 100 shooters.
Occasionally you will still see a Leopold show up in the BR game.
It happens .
Weather in short range or long range they still do show up.
But because of their inferior erector system.
Most of the leopolds you see either have the Cecil Tucker conversion. Or have their reticles Frozen and are in an adjustable amount.
dave
Posted By: Teal Re: Will Leupold survive ? - 03/15/24
As to the original question - they'll absolutely survive. Even if things get bad for them and they're bought by PE - the name will survive like Weaver does/did under Vista Outdoors or Redfield sold to Academy. Leupold will survive in some fashion. Not saying they ARE a M&A target or need PE money - just that if they would, they'd find it.
Posted By: Al_Nyhus Re: Will Leupold survive ? - 03/15/24
Originally Posted by Teal
As to the original question - they'll absolutely survive. Even if things get bad for them and they're bought by PE - the name will survive like Weaver does/did under Vista Outdoors or Redfield sold to Academy. Leupold will survive in some fashion.

Absolutely. cool The Leupold name carries a lot of weight and the majority of their customers are well served by their products.

Good shootin' smile -Al
Yes they will survive. They are still thought of as a quality optic by hunters, many of who aren't on the internet everyday. Most hunters
Arent shooters. They run 3 shots down the tube to check zero a day before hunting season. They adjust if necessary and go hunting.
They might shoot few times at game over their season then the wipe their rifle off and put it the closet until the next season.
They adjust if necessary and go hunting.

The question should be "if the rifle sat in the case/safe all year and was sighted in the year before, why was adjustment necessary?"
One thing that gets lost in these discussions is the size of the target. For example, in PRS the target sizes are from 1-3 MOA. Just because you can adjust the w/e and hit the target, that isn't proof of perfect tracking. It's proof of adequate tracking for the game being played. And that's exactly how it should be. Scopes for PRS also have to be durable as they get bounced and hammered around a lot....that's where the 34MM tubes come into play. Larger tube size can also allow for fitting more robust internals....though not every brand that offers a 34mm tube has bigger internals than their 30mm offerings. Again, it depends on the brand.

Trying to use a scope designed for PRS in the Benchrest world isn't going to work. Just like most scopes designed for Benchrest work aren't going to stand up to being slammed around like a PRS scope. Again, the game played dictates the gear. Common Sense 101.

Do your homework and get gear designed for the way you hunt, shoot or compete. smile

The question should be "if the rifle sat in the case/safe all year and was sighted in the year before, why was adjustment necessary?"
Your making an assumption that it even was still sighted in at the close of the season. I’m sure many don't check zero before every hunt. Some are probably hunting half the season with a rifle that will kill a deer but not really sighted in. This is why I say they will survive.

Your making an assumption that it even was still sighted in at the close of the season. I’m sure many don't check zero before every hunt. Some are probably hunting half the season with a rifle that will kill a deer but not really sighted in. This is why I say they will survive.

I'm making the assumption that no jarring event happened in between, yes. Also assuming that if they dropped the rifle, fell out of an ATV etc - they re-checked.

My point was more that a scope that doesn't do much but sit there 11 months out of the year, likely spends its hunting time slung over a shoulder or in the corner of a shoot house - shouldn't lose zero. Regardless of brand. Yet some do, it's why "sight in days" at the local range are packed the 2 weeks prior to opener and yet people accept this - philosophically.

I need to check my rifle before opener.
It's off - I'll adjust.

Never asking why it's off or if it should be off.

I get your point - people like that are why brands survive or maintain market share etc. I was talking more broad than Leupold and the OP's question.

I'm making the assumption that no jarring event happened in between, yes. Also assuming that if they dropped the rifle, fell out of an ATV etc - they re-checked.

My point was more that a scope that doesn't do much but sit there 11 months out of the year, likely spends its hunting time slung over a shoulder or in the corner of a shoot house - shouldn't lose zero. Regardless of brand. Yet some do, it's why "sight in days" at the local range are packed the 2 weeks prior to opener and yet people accept this - philosophically.

It's off - I'll adjust.

I get your point - people like that are why brands survive or maintain market share etc. I was talking more broad than Leupold and the OP's question.
We are in complete agreement.
Posted By: Puddle Re: Will Leupold survive ? - 03/15/24
I started out (back in the wagon wheel days) only buying used Gold Rings. First thing I'd do is send them off to Leupold for checking, refurbishing, and only occasionally adding a doodad.

Leupold was great about that, and I'd get them back in ~3 weeks, give or take. Of course this was before spinning turrets showed up, and mine were routinely set up for MPBR and then mostly left alone.
Only much later did I first dip my big toe into the waters of other glass offerings and discovered other glass that are GTG. But those were only bought new.

It's off - I'll adjust.

Zero depends on other things besides the scope/sights and lots of people apparently don't know that. For instance a wood stock is not a stable platform. It shrinks, swells and warps, all of which will change pressure on the barreled action and cause shifts in POI. There can also be POI shifts simply from holding a rifle slightly different from day to day. This is why one person shouldn't sight in a rifle for another. When I shot in small bore competition it was SOP to check zero prior to shooting for record at each and every practice or match. This on an indoor range with micrometer sights on wood stocked match rifles that were always treated with kid gloves. It was absolutely normal to need to adjust a click or two from day to day.
One thing that gets lost in these discussions is the size of the target. For example, in PRS the target sizes are from 1-3 MOA. Just because you can adjust the w/e and hit the target, that isn't proof of perfect tracking. It's proof of adequate tracking for the game being played.

Wrong again

It’s illustrative of perfect click values, tracking and zero retention

In the Precision Rifle Series, NRL and Practial Rifle Matches, the competitor is allowed one shot at each target.

The scope must function perfectly

This is opposed to some other disciplines. F-Class sometimes has unlimited sighters. You can shoot at the target as many times as you want until you adjust your drop and windage to your liking, THEN decide to shoot for score.

Your scope’s function can be mediocre
Posted By: Big Stick Re: Will Leupold survive ? - 03/15/24
Then why does the Reupold MK5 HD behave like this at 50yds,aboard a World Class Rifle,in static conditions? Hint.

That's NOT: "illustrative of perfect click values, tracking and zero retention". Though it is indeed THE opposite,which I guess is "close"? Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!...............
Posted By: rickt300 Re: Will Leupold survive ? - 03/15/24
Perfect tracking is nice but to me a scope that stays sighted in with some rough handling is more important. The old M8 series scopes without "clicks" were solid in this regard as were the early Weavers. Not perfect pieces of glass but solid sights for hunting rifles.
Posted By: Mr_TooDogs Re: Will Leupold survive ? - 03/15/24
One thing that gets lost in these discussions is the size of the target. For example, in PRS the target sizes are from 1-3 MOA. Just because you can adjust the w/e and hit the target, that isn't proof of perfect tracking. It's proof of adequate tracking for the game being played.

Wrong again

In the Precision Rifle Series, NRL and Practial Rifle Matches, the competitor is allowed one shot at each target.

This is opposed to some other disciplines. F-Class sometimes has unlimited sighters. You can shoot at the target as many times as you want until you adjust your drop and windage to your liking, THEN decide to shoot for score.

F-Class= 1/2 moa x ring, BR= 0 moa is the goal. PRS, NRL big score zones, room for error, more a billboard than F or BR..
Posted By: Clynn Re: Will Leupold survive ? - 03/15/24
It would be interesting to have an optical engineer disassemble a , let's say a perfectly tracking Nightfforce and imperfectly tracking Leupold and point out as to why the difference in performance.
Originally Posted by Mr_TooDogs
F Class= 1/2 moa x ring, BR= 0 moa is the goal. PRS, NRL big score zones, room for error, more a billboard than F or BR..

Exactly It doesn't mean any one discipline is 'better' than the others...just that the demands are different. When this simple concept can't be grasped, it's like trying to push a piece of wet spaghetti...lots of effort with no results. grin

Good shootin' smile -Al
Posted By: Dirtfarmer Re: Will Leupold survive ? - 03/15/24
Originally Posted by Clynn
It would be interesting to have an optical engineer disassemble a , let's say a perfectly tracking Nightfforce and imperfectly tracking Leupold and point out as to why the difference in performance.
NF would probably have a more robust erector system.

Would be interesting.

DF
Posted By: Bugger Re: Will Leupold survive ? - 03/15/24
I guess for a guy like who has zero desire to spin turrets, most of what’s being written has no effect. When I’m hunting I know before hand what the POI is at any distance I’m going to shoot. What matters is optical quality and holding zero. You guys that like to spin turrets have added issues of which I’m not interested in doing. I personally do not know anyone I hunt with or shoot with that spins turrets. I’m thinking that the ability to do so with a scope is not all that important for a company that manufactures scopes. Important for some, but only a small percentage.

I’ve shot quite a bit competitively and have only used iron sights. And I knew how many clicks to change POI from 325 to 500 or whatever the game called for. Lately the only matches I’ve shot is with the M1.
If your puzzy is packed with itchy sand this link will just make it worse.

Leupold Domination

If on the other hand you realize there are lots of good optics and Leupold makes some damn good optics even if you pick something else you will get a smile out of the wailing and knashing of teeth that the shitty rifle brigade posts.

What the pros use: PRS Scope

Without fail, the rifle scope is the most searched for piece of precision rifle equipment of the What The Pros Use list, and for good reason, as most actions, barrels and rifles when chambered and fitter properly will shoot well, but if the scope fails or you cannot see the target, it cannot be shot, no matter how accurate the rifle is. What was surprising this year, is how many shooters in the top 10 were using the Tangent Theta, but good to see the Leupold Mark 5HD still being the most used, and still very much perfect for the job. This just goes to show that you do not necessarily need the most expensive elite tactical scope and in fact the top used scope being half the price of the second place for most used, and both get the job done.

It's such a clear demonstration that those who can't make a Leupold work simply have shit rifles and shitty shooting skills.

Lots of good scopes but the LDS losers are looking for a SCOPE GOAT for their issues.

Originally Posted by 24hr Campfire Skilled Shooter Brigade
He said SCOPE GOAT laugh[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]
I guess for a guy like who has zero desire to spin turrets, most of what’s being written has no effect. When I’m hunting I know before hand what the POI is at any distance I’m going to shoot. What matters is optical quality and holding zero. You guys that like to spin turrets have added issues of which I’m not interested in doing. I personally do not know anyone I hunt with or shoot with that spins turrets. I’m thinking that the ability to do so with a scope is not all that important for a company that manufactures scopes. Important for some, but only a small percentage.

I’ve shot quite a bit competitively and have only used iron sights. And I knew how many clicks to change POI from 325 to 500 or whatever the game called for. Lately the only matches I’ve shot is with the M1.

Spin turrets when hunting?

Nobody has time for that.

To the chagrin of Window Lickers the World over,all Modern scopes have turrets. Though not all scopes are alike internally,if only obviously. Hint.

Rest fhuqking ASSURED,that there is no Magic Stay Zero'd Dust,sprinkled in the nether regions of glass wearing capped turrets. HINT.

What is THE hilarious constant,is the exceedingly low mileage of said wares and dick nothing over time,is then MAGICALLY transposed to somehow being "good" by Droolers. THE most important part of a scope,is the schit you can't see,whether pointy heads believe it or not. Spent primers are THE Supreme Tutorial. Hint.

If your puzzy is packed with itchy sand this link will just make it worse.

Leupold Domination

If on the other hand you realize there are lots of good optics and Leupold makes some damn good optics even if you pick something else you will get a smile out of the wailing and knashing of teeth that the shitty rifle brigade posts.

What the pros use: PRS Scope

Without fail, the rifle scope is the most searched for piece of precision rifle equipment of the What The Pros Use list, and for good reason, as most actions, barrels and rifles when chambered and fitter properly will shoot well, but if the scope fails or you cannot see the target, it cannot be shot, no matter how accurate the rifle is. What was surprising this year, is how many shooters in the top 10 were using the Tangent Theta, but good to see the Leupold Mark 5HD still being the most used, and still very much perfect for the job. This just goes to show that you do not necessarily need the most expensive elite tactical scope and in fact the top used scope being half the price of the second place for most used, and both get the job done.

Yep - Leup is 1 overall but when I go to the PRS website itself and add up what is basically the same scope in 2 different generations/magnification - Vortex has 103 more users than Leupold.

Of the guys currently in the top 10, I believe there are 2 shooting Leupold. 4 and 10. Rest are something else. Overall Leupold is 22.2% of the PRS shooters, Vortex is 29% Is that "domination"? being 6.8% behind the #1 brand choice?

Doesn't mean Leupold is crap - just saying that it's not exactly like there's Leupold and nothing else comes close or that by not using a Leupold scope, you're at a disadvantage.
F Class= 1/2 moa x ring, BR= 0 moa is the goal. PRS, NRL big score zones, room for error, more a billboard than F or BR..

Exactly It doesn't mean any one discipline is 'better' than the others...just that the demands are different. When this simple concept can't be grasped, it's like trying to push a piece of wet spaghetti...lots of effort with no results. grin

Good shootin' smile -Al

+1.
dave
I still find it interesting that I could not find one loopie at the Fclass nationals.
Not one.
dave

Spin turrets when hunting?

Nobody has time for that.

There are lots of us that have never and will never have any need for spinning turrets. The longest shot opportunity I've had at game since 1994 was 285 yards. I killed that deer with one shot with no need to dial. The vast majority of my shots are under 75 yards. This is due to the terrain in my hunting area being primarily heavily forested. I couldn't possibly care less about "spinning turrets". What matters to me is dead meat on the ground and my Leupold scoped rifles have put it there consistently year after year.
Posted By: JeffP Re: Will Leupold survive ? - 03/15/24
Yes they will survive. They are still thought of as a quality optic by hunters, many of who aren't on the internet everyday. Most hunters
Arent shooters. They run 3 shots down the tube to check zero a day before hunting season.
They might shoot few times at game over their season then the wipe their rifle off and put it the closet until the next season.

Every gun club in America, two weeks before season, would prove this out…. Lol

To the chagrin of Window Lickers the World over,all Modern scopes have turrets. Though not all scopes are alike internally,if only obviously. Hint.

Rest fhuqking ASSURED,that there is no Magic Stay Zero'd Dust,sprinkled in the nether regions of glass wearing capped turrets. HINT.

What is THE hilarious constant,is the exceedingly low mileage of said wares and dick nothing over time,is then MAGICALLY transposed to somehow being "good" by Droolers. THE most important part of a scope,is the schit you can't see,whether pointy heads believe it or not. Spent primers are THE Supreme Tutorial. Hint.

Exactly

👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼

Exactly

👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼

Exactly +2.

I have a good LiL Buddy up north also agrees.

I've a couple few Leupie's,that have over 20,000rds of centerfire apiece through them,with nary a bobble.

For conversation...................
Posted By: bobski Re: Will Leupold survive ? - 03/15/24
funny...owning a scope is like being a sports fan loyal to the bone.
If these internals could be seen,one would simply return it or select another from within the Store,depending upon how i was procured. Hint.

Unfortunately,it is heralded as Reupold's Flagship and BEST effort. Perhaps they'll toss a MK4 FFP Spotter erector assembly in it?!? Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!...............
Flipside being,robust internals are VERY forgiving. Hint.

Just sayin'.................
Originally Posted by bobski
funny...owning a scope is like being a sports fan loyal to the bone.

Not really.

What you see is those most invested in the negative are looking for an excuse why their rifles are shit and shooting skills are shitty.

Loyal sports fans don't have any contribution to the team except location or liking the mascot.

Those of us that have good rifles and shooting skills have personally had great results using Leupold so we get a bit of fun out of packing sand in the VeeJays of those who struggle and blame one particular brand for their failures.

A more applicable anology would be players on a winning team laughing at all the excuses the losers make.

This is a Hunting Optic forum but it's easy to see that the whiners don't have much hunting experience that demands optics that work in the field.
Posted By: VarmintGuy Re: Will Leupold survive ? - 03/15/24
jiffypop: Leupold & Stevens Corporation has been in existence for 117 (one hundred and seventeen!) years now and they now have over 700 (seven hundred!) employees with revenue of $200,000,000.00 (two hundred million dollars!) a year - what makes YOU think they are going out of business?
Sheesh!
Long live Leupold & Stevens Corporation - a fine AMERICAN company.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
P.S.: Yesterday at my local gunshop the owner put out a "used" Leupold 3x9 CDS variable scope and there was nearly a fight over it!
It was on the used scope shelf for just moments til it was purchased.
This morning at my local range there were three shooters (including me) and a total of 4 Leupold scopes (out of 6 or 8 that were in use.
No problems I saw.
What am I missing - let me correct that, what are the few Leupold naysayers on this forum missing?
Posted By: ldholton Re: Will Leupold survive ? - 03/15/24
I own a lot of Leupold scopes that have done me just fine. some of them do get twisted quite often especially in a silhouette match. is it a high precision match no because most of us between you your rifle and the steel Target because you're holding it off hand with weight limits and time limits.
one of the biggest reasons Leupold dominates optics and silhouette matches is because of the weight.

I've also quite a few leupolds on hunting rifles they've always done me fine.

but the fact does remain on some of the disciplines in matches Leupold is fairly low down the list on popularity well in other disciplines there at the top. many times this has to do with how much weight a gun may be limited to in exactly what is demanded from it..
lots of companies make great optics anymore that's a matter of picking the correct one for what you're wanting that particular gun/scope setup to do.

I'm not going to argue which ones better for a certain person or certain discipline being as I nowadays have lots of variety. anything from Leupold, Zeiss, Meopta, Burris, Elite 4200,Hawke, Arken .
I'm sure I've left something out. and I've had many other brands.

to the original question my opinion yeah Leopold will survive for a long time. even if they fall out of the competition circle they've got quite the cornerstone in American hunting.. even though the modern rage right now is to crank turrets I would bet the vast majority of hunters do not..
Professional Victims are always in a hurry to project that they are a "we". Hint.

Keep the Hurt Feeler Reports coming. Hint.

Wrong again

F-Class= 1/2 moa x ring, BR= 0 moa is the goal. PRS, NRL big score zones, room for error, more a billboard than F or BR..

Truth!
Wrong again

Truth!

LOL.

The only way for you 2 chuckleheads to shoot less would be to handload ammo and give it away.

Originally Posted by 24hr Campfire Skilled Shooters
[Linked Image from media.tenor.com]
Wrong again

Truth!

LOL.

The only way for you 2 chuckleheads to shoot less would be to handload ammo and give it away.

Are you denying that Benchrest takes more precision than PRS?
Wrong again

Truth!

LOL.

Can benchrest shooters shoot groups in the .01’s off of a tank trap, gate, log, boulder, tree trunk, car window, step ladder, or a stack of tires after running laps, doing pushups, from 100 to 1500 yards?
Last year just before deer season I went out back, put up a paper bullseye target at 50 yards and shot two 3 shot groups with my .30-30. The first measured 3/4" and the second a hair over an inch. Not terribly impressive from a bench but those groups were shot offhand. That will kill you a fuuck of a lot more deer hereabouts than .01" groups from a bench.
Posted By: ldholton Re: Will Leupold survive ? - 03/15/24
Wrong again

Truth!

LOL.

Can benchrest shooters shoot groups in the .01’s off of a tank trap, gate, log, boulder, tree trunk, car window, step ladder, or a stack of tires after running laps, doing pushups, from 100 to 1500 yards?
some can some can't. can PRS shooters stand totally off hand like silhouette shooters and maintain in that two MLA range out to 500 meters ?

don't even bother answering some can some can't.
point is some of the equipment used will differ depending on the discipline..
Wrong again

Truth!

LOL.

That isn't what I asked. All I'm saying is that I believe that benchrest competition takes a more precise rifle and a more reliable, repeatable optic to be competitive. Correct me if I'm wrong but PRS does not measure groups to the 4th decimal point. That is PRECISISION!
Actually that’s not the point

The point is japlver’s question is stupid
Posted By: Mr_TooDogs Re: Will Leupold survive ? - 03/15/24
Typical articulate PRS competitor discusses his PRS Tripod setup.

Posted By: ldholton Re: Will Leupold survive ? - 03/16/24

if you want to word it that way. his question is actually not stupid. bench rest wise you're in search of an absolute perfect scope firearm load bullet combination..
which in a real world is not going to happen and there is definitely some human skill involved in Reading conditions and making absolutely one hole. the closest person to that perfection wins the match.. PRS or F class or pick your other discipline or shooting at certain size targets and all you have to do is hit them it doesn't matter how perfect you're exact groups are. so long as you hit them.

so yeah in bench rest really takes a more accurate setup in the others. not taking away from other disciplines of ability to read conditions or get as accurate a gun as you can.

all disciplines the perfect gun scope load combination would be awesome and leave it only to human error but in reality that's never going to happen.
Posted By: Al_Nyhus Re: Will Leupold survive ? - 03/16/24
https://www.ssusa.org/content/top-5-precision-rifle-series-long-range-scopes/

https://www.outdoorlife.com/story/gear/the-best-precision-riflescopes-for-2020/

https://precisionrifleblog.com/2020/09/05/best-elr-scope-and-scope-mount-and-rings/
Posted By: JohnBurns Re: Will Leupold survive ? - 03/16/24
That isn't what I asked. All I'm saying is that I believe that benchrest competition takes a more precise rifle and a more reliable, repeatable optic to be competitive. Correct me if I'm wrong but PRS does not measure groups to the 4th decimal point. That is PRECISISION!

You don't shoot benchrest.

You don't shoot PRS/NRL.

You don't hunt in any manner that would require any but the cheapest optic.

You DO run your mouth about things which you have zero experience and you get extra retard points for enhancing your spelling error in CAPS.
Posted By: bersh Re: Will Leupold survive ? - 03/16/24
Originally Posted by 257Bob

Lower price point maybe, but when you get north of $1,000 it's a different market/clientele!
The vast majority of folks are well south of $1000 scopes.
Posted By: dave7mm Re: Will Leupold survive ? - 03/16/24
I see loopie isn't even a player in PRS.
Kinda how I figured.
The inferior erector is a problem.

dave

LOL.

You 2 ol duffers can't even post anything current and think Outdoor Life is the best place to get optics advice.

It is a great example of how Leupold is gaining ground.

Originally Posted by 24hr Campfire Ol Duffer Brigade still living in the past
Outdoor Life is the Best [Linked Image from external-content.duckduckgo.com]
Posted By: Japlvr Re: Will Leupold survive ? - 03/16/24

You don't shoot PRS/NRL.

You DO run your mouth about things which you have zero experience and you get extra retard points for enhancing your spelling error in CAPS.

Face it, you know for a fact that benchrest shooting is more precise than PRS. But you will never admit it. Why, because your famed brand of optic can't compete. And since your financial endeavors lie with Leupold you must build them up. Facts are facts and Leupold is NOT the "top dog" any longer in F-Class shooting or benchrest competitions. NO ONE that is winning (let alone using) in any sanctioned F-Class, mid to long range (400-1000 yard) benchrest or ELR (over 1000 yard) is using Leupold. NO ONE!!!!!

And I do shoot benchrest competitions at local clubs using Nightforce & March optics. So in your drunken' stupor, wrong again.

Since I have sold all of my inferior Leupold scopes, my hunting rifles are topped with Nikon Monarchs, USA Made Burris Signature Select, Sightron SIII's. I will never own another Leupold product as long as I live. My money, my choice. It won't break my heart when the 3rd gen owners close up the Beaverton, OR shop.
Posted By: VarmintGuy Re: Will Leupold survive ? - 03/16/24
japlover: The Leupold & Stevens Company is now run by the FIFTH (thats FIVE for you dullards!) generation family of owners!
Sheesh - speaking of stupidity.
Long live Leupold & Stevens Corporation - a fine AMERICAN (not jap!) company.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Posted By: kk alaska Re: Will Leupold survive ? - 03/16/24
Had to re-zero 2 Leupolds in the last 2 days both were 6 x 36 both took several shots to get them to adjust. Shot 4 other rifles with other scopes and adjustments worked perfectly. The only reason I keep the Leupolds is I like the size weight and classic looks hate the way they have wonky adjustments.
Originally Posted by kk alaska
Had to re-zero 2 Leupolds in the last 2 days both were 6 x 36 both took several shots to get them to adjust. Shot 4 other rifles with other scopes and adjustments worked perfectly. The only reason I keep the Leupolds is I like the size weight and classic looks hate the way they have wonky adjustments.

Glad to hear those old Leupolds are still getting the job done. The friction adjustments are not as nice as a bit more current click adjustments and dual spring systems and take a bit of knowledge fine tuning the adjustments.

What bases and mounts are you using with those old 6s.

In bit of a silly thread about whether Leupold will survive it's always a good data point that scopes Leupold made many, many years ago are still getting the job done.
Posted By: PaulBarnard Re: Will Leupold survive ? - 03/16/24

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people asking questions.
Posted By: Japlvr Re: Will Leupold survive ? - 03/16/24
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
japlover: The Leupold & Stevens Company is now run by the FIFTH (thats FIVE for you dullards!) generation family of owners!
Sheesh - speaking of stupidity.
Long live Leupold & Stevens Corporation - a fine AMERICAN (not jap!) company.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Sorry about getting my family generations wrong. Maybe these kids will be the ones who file Chapter 11.

I'll take a Japanese made optic any day of the week over a USA optic, such as March.
Here's a link to the 2023 PRS equipment list courtesy of the official PRS website
https://www.precisionrifleseries.com/
Posted By: Big Stick Re: Will Leupold survive ? - 03/16/24
Reupold can' even claim "Made In America". Hint.

They'd do well to farm all out to LOW,plainly state same and field some sound wares...if only for a change. Hint.

Posted By: rcamuglia Re: Will Leupold survive ? - 03/16/24

You don't shoot PRS/NRL.

Face it, you know for a fact that benchrest shooting is more precise than PRS. But you will never admit it. Why, because your famed brand of optic can't compete. And since your financial endeavors lie with Leupold you must build them up. Facts are facts and Leupold is NOT the "top dog" any longer in F-Class shooting or benchrest competitions. NO ONE that is winning (let alone using) in any sanctioned F-Class, mid to long range (400-1000 yard) benchrest or ELR (over 1000 yard) is using Leupold. NO ONE!!!!!

And I do shoot benchrest competitions at local clubs using Nightforce & March optics. So in your drunken' stupor, wrong again.

Since I have sold all of my inferior Leupold scopes, my hunting rifles are topped with Nikon Monarchs, USA Made Burris Signature Select, Sightron SIII's. I will never own another Leupold product as long as I live. My money, my choice. It won't break my heart when the 3rd gen owners close up the Beaverton, OR shop.

Comparing the vastly different games and the vastly different equipment used in each, then concluding the equipment used in either one is superior, is ridiculous

Beings it failed,it ain't in the above tally and it is in fact,the only Leupie I've crashed.

Broke a 6x42 on installation,but I knowed better(DD's on skewed bridge height,less eccentrics)..................

Originally Posted by 24hr Campfire Shooters who Shoot Good and have Good Rifles

Wrong again

A couple of points to add:

- target size in PRS can be much smaller than 1 MOA. There are some 1/2 MOA targets, and the KYL rack can have targets much smaller than that.

- "The scope must function perfectly" - I would modify this to say that the scope must function adequately to keep shots on the target size in question.
Posted By: PaulBarnard Re: Will Leupold survive ? - 03/16/24

Originally Posted by 24hr Campfire Shooters who Shoot Good and have Good Rifles

That was back when it was fashionable to love Leupold. Now that some of the popular kids have moved on, you surely don't expect him to stay behind do you?
Posted By: VarmintGuy Re: Will Leupold survive ? - 03/16/24
japlover: I have MANY Rifle scopes made in Japan (including many Nikon Monarchs!) and after decades of extensive use I much prefer the Leupold line.
I do most all (ALL!) of my scope buying on the "used market" and I am now hesitant to buy Nikon and Weavers anymore due to those companies being "unsurvivoring" (dead!)!
I just checked my on-line inventory and my Nikons and my Weavers all (I have 22 of those on Rifles currently!) work well and to date have had NO failures with them - which is comparable performance to my much higher numbers of Leupold scopes I currently own.
Don't like Leupolds then knock yourself out buying others but DO NOT even try to convince me Leupold scopes are failures - myself and legions of other Leupold users know better!
Long live Leupold & Stevens a fine American company.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Posted By: Oakster Re: Will Leupold survive ? - 03/16/24
I have one to send in, I better get it done sooner than later. It is a VX-Freedom that came on a rifle I just bought. I have a ton of Leupolds and this is only the second one I have had to send in.
Reupold MK4 16x M1,THE Flagship of the day. Hint.

My MK4 FFP Spotter is an ACE,with (3) trips to Reupold exceptionally busy Repair Facility. Hint.

On the "bright" side,they put a new erector in it,on Puke #3. Hint.

Typical Reupold. Hint.

Though in fairness,my Reupold MK5 HD,is the biggest piece of fhuqking schit I've ever encountered. Hint.

Them Facts are seemingly more than a touch unsettling,for Professional Victims. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..............
I saw The Pimp kill a Buck in his bed at 1004yds,with his light 243AI wearing 3.5-10x 40mm non-A/O Leupie.

Yes...first poke................

Originally Posted by LiL Fish
"Living" vicariously and stealing pics are your only "moves",as you DESPERATELY cling to the chicken scratch you call a "pay check". Hint.

Them Facts are seemingly more than a touch unsettling,for Professional Victims. Hint.

Posted By: kk alaska Re: Will Leupold survive ? - 03/16/24
The Leupolds were the newer click adjustments LEUPOLDS zero,s wanders just sitting in the safe? And rezeroing is always a pain when adjustment does not move correctly. Strange that lots of issues go away when I use a different non Leupold scope in the same mount? Slowly getting rid of my Leupolds and issues are going away, same mount different scope.

Today I put an Old Bushnell 2.75 Scope Chief Comand Post, bought at Gun Show for $35 on a LH Savage 22 ,Weaver mounts,
and adjustments worked more precisely than the Leupolds.
I buy/use/love Leupold,as issued.................

Today I put an Old Bushnell 2.75 Scope Chief Comand Post, bought at Gun Show for $35 on a LH Savage 22 ,Weaver mounts,
and adjustments worked more precisely than the Leupolds.

Squirms,

If only for context,cite how many times a day you think about me and then extrapolate how that greatly exceeds the live rounds you "shoot". Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!............
Posted By: WYcoyote Re: Will Leupold survive ? - 03/16/24
My prediction is that Leupold will survive longer than anyone posting in this thread.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...v/pubhtml?gid=2075307682&single=true

Fclass equipment list for f open.
I counted over 60 names .
Not one Leupold in the list.
So sad.

dave
Looking over the equipment list.
I see that I was wrong.
I can't find one Leupold on the list anywhere.
So it well over 100 competitors.
dave
Posted By: Bugger Re: Will Leupold survive ? - 03/16/24
I see a deer out there at 300 yards. I’ll adjust the objective, set the power on 9, add 4 clicks elevation, wind is at a 45 degree angle at 15 MPH - 6 clicks to the left. Hmm where did that deer go? I’ll leave the scope set like that as I might see the deer again. Later, oh my there’s a nice buck 90 degrees to the left. Get my range finder out, adjust the objective lense, set the power to 6x, 4 clicks down, what was wind windage set, oh yeh, 12 clicks to the right. Dang, where did that buck go? He was right there.

Yeh, the bulk of scope buyers really need the gadgets. Do you suppose they’d pay an extra $??? for the gadgets.
I see a deer out there at 300 yards. I’ll adjust the objective, set the power on 9, add 4 clicks elevation, wind is at a 45 degree angle at 15 MPH - 6 clicks to the left. Hmm where did that deer go? I’ll leave the scope set like that as I might see the deer again. Later, oh my there’s a nice buck 90 degrees to the left. Get my range finder out, adjust the objective lense, set the power to 6x, 4 clicks down, what was wind windage set, oh yeh, 12 clicks to the right. Dang, where did that buck go? He was right there.

Yeh, the bulk of scope buyers really need the gadgets. Do you suppose they’d pay an extra $??? for the gadgets.

You seriously believe that’s the process?

I know I’d be a customer again if they made some no frills 2-7, 3-9, 4x fixed, 6x fixed, No frills, capped turrets, repeatable POI adjustments, excellent at dusk and dawn. No 4 reticle , duplex, or firedot. $299-$599 msrp. Don’t care if it’s built in Japan or here

Unfortunately, unless the mechanical issue is a big one (cracked erector tube, broken preload spring, etc), just taking a scope apart will either destroy or cover up what the issues are. A lot of tracking issues have to to with how the erector assy fits into the supporting pieces at the end. This clearance is set or at least checked by the scope assemblers. So it comes back to Q.C. issues...either in mfg'ing, assembly or both. It's not economical for the scope mfg. to spend the time to diagnose...they either replace everything or replace the scope. March is the only one I know of that does a detailed disassembly....might be some others, though.

I was able to fix this one as the issue with the reticle 'jumping' was pretty apparent. The erector tube was galled under the adjuster foot due to the center adjustment pin not being in contact with the tube right out of the box. After being smoothed out and having the center pin adjusted properly, it worked well and continues to do so.

Good shootin' smile -Al
Posted By: Clynn Re: Will Leupold survive ? - 03/16/24

Unfortunately, unless the mechanical issue is a big one (cracked erector tube, broken preload spring, etc), just taking a scope apart will either destroy or cover up what the issues are. A lot of tracking issues have to to with how the erector assy fits into the supporting pieces at the end. This clearance is set or at least checked by the scope assemblers. So it comes back to Q.C. issues...either in mfg'ing, assembly or both. It's not economical for the scope mfg. to spend the time to diagnose...they either replace everything or replace the scope. March is the only one I know of that does a detailed disassembly....might be some others, though.

I was able to fix this one as the issue with the reticle 'jumping' was pretty apparent. The erector tube was galled under the adjuster foot due to the center adjustment pin not being in contact with the tube right out of the box. After being smoothed out and having the center pin adjusted properly, it worked well and continues to do so.

Good shootin' smile -Al

Makes sense.
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
I know I’d be a customer again if they made some no frills 2-7, 3-9, 4x fixed, 6x fixed, No frills, capped turrets, repeatable POI adjustments, excellent at dusk and dawn. No 4 reticle , duplex, or firedot. $299-$599 msrp. Don’t care if it’s built in Japan or here

Leupold is working hard on the new line just for brain donors like you.

The new Leupold VariLowIQ line

The VariLowIQ 4X is perfect for you

🤣
Posted By: Blackheart Re: Will Leupold survive ? - 03/16/24

🤣
LOL !!!!
It'd be nice if they simply offered SOMETHING that tracked,repeated and held zero...if only for a change. Hint.

Just sayin'.............
Posted By: rickt300 Re: Will Leupold survive ? - 03/16/24

🤣

While your comment is funny AWO is right. Leupold has discontinued some very useful scopes from before the click era.
Posted By: raghorn Re: Will Leupold survive ? - 03/16/24
Strange that lots of issues go away when I use a different non Leupold scope in the same mount? Slowly getting rid of my Leupolds and issues are going away, same mount different scope.
EXACTLY!
It'd be nice if they simply offered SOMETHING that tracked,repeated and held zero...if only for a change. Hint.

Just sayin'.............

Because plagiarism is your only move,as you fixate me 24/7,you REALLY should add some context and cite Thread dates and rifle particulars. Be VERY careful. HINT.

Don't "forget" that I broke trail here and you came sniffing my ass,8 years after that fact,as a quantified Professional Victim. Hint.

Just sayin'.............
If you can't kill it wit a standad duplex,it ain't gonna get killed with ANYTHING else.

Leupie will of course continue to get my loot.................

Originally Posted by 24hr Campfire LDS victims

I enjoyed your last statement. I guess you were counting on the clicks to move the same ammout every time?
Squirms,

You suck a mean ass,despite having Bankrupted more businesses than Covid. Try to keep pace,if only for the first time. Hint.

A trend is more than (2)...and I'll cite that the only Leupie I've ever puked by shooting,was a 1" 16x A/O.

If only for starters.................

Originally Posted by 24hr Campfire LDS victims
Squirms,

I've only had a coupla hundred Reupolds. No need to cover your ass sucking tracks,simply include the dates associated for context. You haven't the faculties to even begin to comprehend the magnitude. Hint.

Though in fairness,you are adept at stealing pics. Hint.

I see that I was wrong.
dave

No gold rings on the top ELR shooters rifles either.
Leupold 3.5-10x M1,Leupold 3.5-10x M1,Leupold 3.5-10x M1.

Roughly in that order.....................

Bankrupted more businesses than Covid….
I’m guessing a couple of those were all you can eat buffet’s.
Originally Posted by jackmountain

Originally Posted by LDS Victims getting their balls kicked about the internet by The WIZARD
[Linked Image from external-content.duckduckgo.com] Welcome Aboard JackOffWagon.

Bell and Carlson RULES too(if there's a buck in it). Hint.

Originally Posted by MallardAddict
I see that I was wrong.
dave

No gold rings on the top ELR shooters rifles either.
The inferior erector.
Again.
dave
Posted By: mrmarklin Re: Will Leupold survive ? - 03/16/24

🤣

The people here mostly don’t get out much, apparently.

Every decent gunstore that I have ever been to in the US has a whole bunch of Leupold scopes on display. If they were as bad as some on this forum say, they wouldn’t be selling and used as much as they actually are. Most people consider them high end and always have.

Me? I like German optics. But I won’t disparage a decent brand by being a snob.
More animals get killed looking through a Leupold then all other scopes combined. Fact.
Well I bet it’s pretty close. Since opinions become certainty here, I might as well throw that one out.
India is the most populated Country in the World,which is hardly an "attribute",but there's NO slighting the HILARITY of Canadian currency to the US. Hint.

A "good deal" upon a marked up piece of schit,is THE definition of false economy. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!............
Oh boy, my hurt feelers are red-lining. Please say what you want about my gun junk but leave the Canadian dollar out of it.

Get a life.
Sweetheart,

Holster your TENDER Emotions and keep filling out your very WELL founded Hurt Feeler Reports,with your unbridled Stupidity and vindicated Professional Victim status. Hint.

Thank you for confirming your lack of intelligence which explains your disapproval of the finest hunting optic ever made. Ever.
Keep it up.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]picture hosting
Posted By: Blackheart Re: Will Leupold survive ? - 03/16/24
More animals get killed looking through a Leupold then all other scopes combined. Fact.
I'd have to say I see more Bushnell and Vortex scopes on hunters rifles around here. Mostly not high end stuff from either company. Banner, Trophy, Crossfire and Diamondback level stuff. They kill a lot of deer.
Karen,

Be sure to keep extolling your Emotions,at 75% of face value...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

That’s funny. That’s the same reaction I had ripping off my NF optics and replacing them with Leupolds.
I buy/use/love Leupold,as issued.................

Originally Posted by LiL Fish and the LDS Street Band
That’s funny. That’s the same reaction I had ripping off my NF optics and replacing them with Leupolds.

Sweetheart,

I missed it,where ANYONE "accused" you of having a clue. Hint.

Happy 25% off on your Communism. Hint.

BS
You sure know where to hit where it hurts.

Get a life.
Posted By: Big Stick Re: Will Leupold survive ? - 03/17/24
Keep "living" vicariously,if only at a 25% exchange rate. Hint.

Posted By: KenMi Re: Will Leupold survive ? - 03/17/24

Just sayin'.............

Those were the days when he could actually form a sentence, speak English, had an actual job, and a somewhat intact family. HINT

Lots of water ran under the bridge since then. But, it's the scope company that changed. LOL.
Posted By: dave7mm Re: Will Leupold survive ? - 03/17/24
Inferior Reupold erector at work.

dave
Originally Posted by Blackheart

🤣
LOL !!!!
You two couldn’t get laid in Vegas with fistfuls of 100’s!

Posted By: hunter13 Re: Will Leupold survive ? - 03/17/24
“I've only had a coupla hundred Reupold“

“All reupolds have puked.”

At an average cost of $400 per, that $80,000.

At what point did a smart guy like you decide Leupold are crap? Scope number 199? After you had spent $72,000, you said, “Damn, there may be a problem with these scopes, but hell, I’ll throw another $8,000 at them to give em a fair shot.
Posted By: Dirtfarmer Re: Will Leupold survive ? - 03/17/24
Now Hunter, as the old deacon reportedly said, “Pastor you quit preaching and went to meddling…..”

Hmm….

DF
Posted By: JohnBurns Re: Will Leupold survive ? - 03/17/24
Originally Posted by hunter13

At what point did a smart guy like you decide Leupold are crap? Scope number 199? After you had spent $72,000, you said, “Damn, there may be a problem with these scopes, but hell, I’ll throw another $8,000 at them to give em a fair shot.

This might clear things up a bit.

A trend is more than (2)...and I'll cite that the only Leupie I've ever puked by shooting,was a 1" 16x A/O.

If only for starters.................

If one bought a scope a month, it would take 17 years to reach 200.

Strange learning curve.
Sweetie,

I shot my first Reupold 45yrs ago. Hint.

Given Squirm's "budget",I concur. Hint.

Posted By: Blackheart Re: Will Leupold survive ? - 03/17/24
Originally Posted by Blackheart

🤣
LOL !!!!
You two couldn’t get laid in Vegas with fistfuls of 100’s!

Oh come on. You gotta admit that was funny.
Dumbtart,

Keep saving cans. Hint..........
Posted By: JohnBurns Re: Will Leupold survive ? - 03/17/24
I saw The Pimp kill a Buck in his bed at 1004yds,with his light 243AI wearing 3.5-10x 40mm non-A/O Leupie.

Yes...first poke................

The Pimp???

Posted By: KenMi Re: Will Leupold survive ? - 03/17/24
LOL. Riar Rarry is in so deep it's over his ankles and up to his ears. HINT.

Funny how copy and paste is so glamourous till it turns against you. LOL.

Smashing a spotting scope with a rock doesn't really quantify as it "puked" laffin.

The $2000 scope was a good ploy until that story miserably failed.

Can't even lie straight.
Posted By: rickt300 Re: Will Leupold survive ? - 03/17/24
Thank you for confirming your lack of intelligence which explains your disapproval of the finest hunting optic ever made. Ever.
Keep it up.

Can't take it. You have to be kidding.
Bigstick, you probably make some good points about some of the Leupolds in reference to dial turning. It’s just that I find it amusing that to prove the point, you have this need to embellish your point where it becomes preposterous

At what point in your journey of owning 200 Leupolds did it finally become clear to you that they were pieces of [bleep]? 137? 194?
Bigstick, you probably make some good points about some of the Leupolds in reference to dial turning. It’s just that I find it amusing that to prove the point, you have this need to embellish your point where it becomes preposterous

At what point in your journey of owning 200 Leupolds did it finally become clear to you that they were pieces of [bleep]? 137? 194?
Posted By: robertham1 Re: Will Leupold survive ? - 03/18/24
My favorite

Posted By: alpinecrick Re: Will Leupold survive ? - 03/18/24
My fav is Kassandra’s 243 shot on an elk. I started my son on a 243 and that’s all he cares to use. He’s killed 7 elk with a 243 and 100gr NPt’s. Whenever I ask him if he wants use a different cartridge for elk hunting his answer is always the same, “why?”.

Whenever somebody tells him a 243 ain’t big enough for elk he whups out the Kassandra video.
Posted By: Big Stick Re: Will Leupold survive ? - 03/18/24
Johnny NyQuil laying along a road,shooting from a ditch,gunning a mag dry on a Lady Antelope,is VERY "impressive". Hint.

Reupold for Rife. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.................
Posted By: Big Stick Re: Will Leupold survive ? - 03/18/24

HoneyTwat,

I reckon Reupold's undoing,coincides with KD/LRF determinations. There was a time when all engaged unknowingly,despite a BEST guess. That ship has sailed and UKD,is seldom an issue. Once KD was THE barometer,extrapolations were/are a breeze. From there,POA/POI was/is simplified and none of which is subjective. Hint.

Posted By: Dietz Re: Will Leupold survive ? - 03/18/24
I have ventured away from Leupold more than a few times and have always come back. Like my Tract Torics and VX5HDs and VX6s.
Posted By: JohnBurns Re: Will Leupold survive ? - 03/18/24

Posted By: Kenneth Re: Will Leupold survive ? - 03/18/24

I like this guys style^^

Bonus points awarded.
I have 2 VX-I's and have never had a problem out of either one. Both are 4-12 power. 1 I have had for about 5 years now. It gets banged around in the woods while hunting, it was even in the truck with me in a rollover accident 2 years ago that totalled the truck. We flipped (reportedly from witnesses) 5 - 6 times at 70 mph and Guess what, not a thing wrong with the scope and it was still zeroed and has not lost zero yet. I buy Leupold whenever my wallet allows me to. I might get something cheaper to hold me over until I can get the Leupold, but in my opinion they are the best scope for the money and there is nobody else in the scope business who can even come close to their customer service or warranty.
Posted By: drop_point Re: Will Leupold survive ? - 03/18/24
This has to be the silliest thread yet. Leupold sells everything they make; everything is on backorder. If you're a Leupold VIP and able to order direct, nothing is ever in stock. I've had my qualms with Leupold, but to think they won't "survive" is asinine.
Posted By: Stickfight Re: Will Leupold survive ? - 03/19/24
Originally Posted by robertham1

I tried to go to the web site noted in the video and it looks to be a parked page.

Anyone know why?

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
Posted By: Darryle Re: Will Leupold survive ? - 03/19/24
Posted By: VarmintGuy Re: Will Leupold survive ? - 03/20/24
Robertham1: I know "I" could have gotten closer to that Antelope for a much more humane shot than what the "hunter" (unethical sportsman!) in that video supposedly did!
FMB
What a dingleberry - trying to sell something, I guess - whatever it is I am NOT buying.
Sad and pathetic (no offense meant small twig!).
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Posted By: VarmintGuy Re: Will Leupold survive ? - 03/20/24
Drop point: You must be new here?
Just checked and this is just ayear and a half into the CampFire for you.
This attempt at "beat-down" of Leupold happens two or three times every year and has been so for the 20+ years I have been active here!
So nothing new here just the occasional Leupold "naysayer" burping up blather and ignorance compounded by stupidity.
I know the Rifle I shot today had a Leupold scope on it and it performed as expected! I have been using Leupold scopes (along with their binoculars, spotting scopes and compasses) for going on 60 years now and I actively seek them out when the need arises.
Leupold "naysayers" do NOT affect me one iota.
haters gotta hate - I guess?
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Originally Posted by drop_point
This has to be the silliest thread yet. Leupold sells everything they make; everything is on backorder. If you're a Leupold VIP and able to order direct, nothing is ever in stock. I've had my qualms with Leupold, but to think they won't "survive" is asinine.
They keep comparing Leupold and NF, Vortex. Leupold has a stamp on the optic industry. I’d be worried about other brands.
Posted By: KenMi Re: Will Leupold survive ? - 03/20/24
Will SWFA survive? LOL
Posted By: Jimmypop Re: Will Leupold survive ? - 03/21/24
No they can't stock products and the line is dated.
I see lots of leupolds on clearance lately
Posted By: Fotis Re: Will Leupold survive ? - 03/21/24
Originally Posted by KenMi
Will SWFA survive? LOL

I hope so! SWFA is important to me!
Originally Posted by Stickfight
Originally Posted by robertham1

I tried to go to the web site noted in the video and it looks to be a parked page.

Anyone know why?

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

Because fivehead got booted from greybullscheit.

Typical burns, 3 shots and 3 minutes of some poor animal suffering multiple botched half azz shots til it finally dies so he can stroke his ego and somehow claim success. Complete Fugkin douchebag phaggot.
Posted By: JohnBurns Re: Will Leupold survive ? - 03/22/24
Originally Posted by JackOffWagon trying to get sand out of her puzzy by pouring booze down her throat
Posted By: Bugger Re: Will Leupold survive ? - 03/22/24
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Drop point: You must be new here?
Just checked and this is just ayear and a half into the CampFire for you.
This attempt at "beat-down" of Leupold happens two or three times every year and has been so for the 20+ years I have been active here!
So nothing new here just the occasional Leupold "naysayer" burping up blather and ignorance compounded by stupidity.
I know the Rifle I shot today had a Leupold scope on it and it performed as expected! I have been using Leupold scopes (along with their binoculars, spotting scopes and compasses) for going on 60 years now and I actively seek them out when the need arises.
Leupold "naysayers" do NOT affect me one iota.
haters gotta hate - I guess?
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

^^^^^THIS^^^^^
Originally Posted by JackOffWagon trying to get sand out of her puzzy by pouring booze down her throat

Those are the kinds of shots you try to forget, not broadcast. 12” (being very generous) groups should be reserved for non biological targets, live game deserves better.
Posted By: rcamuglia Re: Will Leupold survive ? - 03/22/24
Poor jackwagon has a throbbing hard on for JB

Strange
Posted By: Higginez Re: Will Leupold survive ? - 03/22/24

Those are the kinds of shots you try to forget, not broadcast. 12” (being very generous) groups should be reserved for non biological targets, live game deserves better.

But it's "good practice" though! LOL
Posted By: Higginez Re: Will Leupold survive ? - 03/22/24

Strange

And you don't?

LMAO!
Posted By: JohnBurns Re: Will Leupold survive ? - 03/22/24

Strange

Originally Posted by JackOffWagon dreaming of her puzzy free of packed sand
Posted By: slm9s Re: Will Leupold survive ? - 03/22/24
Originally Posted by Higginez

Strange

And you don't?

LMAO!

BURN!!!
Posted By: Jimmypop Re: Will Leupold survive ? - 03/22/24
Originally Posted by slm9s
Originally Posted by Higginez

Strange

And you don't?

LMAO!

BURN!!!

Bat man and Rubbin.
Posted By: gunzo Re: Will Leupold survive ? - 03/23/24
Will SWFA survive? LOL

Maybe a better question than the original.
Originally Posted by gunzo
Will SWFA survive? LOL

Maybe a better question than the original.

With all the options now, the question isn’t as relevant as it was 5 years ago either. Chink glass has come a long way.
Posted By: Al_Nyhus Re: Will Leupold survive ? - 03/23/24
I helped the cause by bringing home two from a local gun show today. smile

Good shootin' -Al
Posted By: Jimmypop Re: Will Leupold survive ? - 04/29/24
CDS !!!
© 24hourcampfire