-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 17 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 16 17
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Grab your BEST Reupold,with said rifle and simply gun a TTT from zero,to end of erector travel and whip the zoom selector a few times between shots. It WILL be fhuqking funny! Hint.

Then give 'er a nice toss,whistle 500 MOA through the erector and take it to 900yds on the fly. Hint.

I'm always torn on which is fhuqking FUNNIER,the Silence or the Excuses. Hint.

Just sayin'...............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A rock solid POI is the primary indicator of the erector assembly fit into the joint(s) that allow it to move when you change w/e.

If that's a good fit, then the tracking will almost always be good as well. And while there can be design issues with the joint(s), that fit is primarily influenced by the care taken when the scope is assembled and the mfgs. Q.C. process after it's assembled.

Good shootin' smile -Al

Forbidden Zoner
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by flintlocke
Originally Posted by Al_Nyhus
Had my new 'Rat Rod' Benchrest gun out for a shakedown a couple weeks ago. Even with the switchy 11:00-1:00 13-15 mph winds, the mechanically solid scope let the gun live up to it's potential @ 100 yds. No insects were harmed during the testing. Scope brand withheld to protect the innocent. wink

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

One cannot help but notice the orange dead blow hammer Al used to use for fine adjustment back in his Leupold days. Snork.

I believe that's a Sightron pictured.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Math, Note the past tense, "used to use"..."back in his Leupold days"...since Al went to Sightron, you will note, just barely discernable, a cobweb on the deadblow hammer.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
More good stuff today. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Just sayin'..............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by dave7mm
Originally Posted by Japlvr
Originally Posted by Bugger
I like Leupolds

I don't like Leupolds

I like Leupolds..............Doesn't shoot much.

I don't like Leupolds......Shoots alot..

dave

I suspect that I shoot a lot compared to most here on the fire.

I have had to send a few in. But all in all I think their scopes are pretty good. I feel sorry for those who don’t think so.

Many of the Leupolds I own are M8’s and older variables. I only have a few newer variables and they’re mounted on varmint rifles or one’s I don’t shoot as often. I don’t like variables and when I get the chance I’ll buy a fix power and sell a variable. I would guess that close to 9 out of 10 are fixed power.

Last edited by Bugger; 03/14/24.

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by flintlocke
Math, Note the past tense, "used to use"..."back in his Leupold days"...since Al went to Sightron, you will note, just barely discernable, a cobweb on the deadblow hammer.

Not exactly. I still have some Leupolds that continue to be dead solid reliable. In fact, my first IBS Hunter National Championship came with a Premier tweaked 6X on the gun. And this 45X has been like a tank since it came out of the box:

Being results oriented, that's what I care about . The brand name is secondary. Of course, some like to spin that with their version of sound bite (print bite) journalism to try and make some sort of case for being anti Leupold.

The red hammer is for seating the the carbide points on the front two adjusters into the bench top.

Forbidden Zoner
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I'd very much like to see Reupold turn things around,but the ship has already struck the iceberg and they give ZERO fhuqks. Hint.

Just sayin'.............

K
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
K
SWFA is doing awesome. Leupold better watch out. LOL

Barfin Arkin is closing in. They just have to perfect getting the 30mm diameter right.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I saw the hammer and figured you were seating the points into the bench with your Heart rest.

Dave.

[Linked Image]

Only accurate rifles are interesting.
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
If only in "fairness" to Brokedick Drooling CLUELESS Kchunts,I've not received anything from Barkin' Arken since yesterday and there was only a coupla sets of rings. Hint.

Fortunately for same,Imagination and Pretend are free,so even they can "afford" to "contribute". Hint.

Just sayin'...................

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If you suffer from acute LDS you might not want to click this:

Leupold Wins Again

Leupold & Stevens, Inc., provider of the world’s most rugged, lightweight, and clear sport optics, is pleased to announce that Leupold Pro Shooters Matt Alwine and Nick Gadarzi combined to secure wins at both the National Rifle League (NRL) Hunter Sheep Mountain Shootout and the Precision Rifles Series’ (PRS) Lead Farm Barrel Burner 2.0 match, respectively, last weekend, June 9-11.

Alwine captured the Open Light Division title at the first-ever Sheep Mountain Shootout, which was hosted by Gunwerks in Cody, Wyo. The simulated event consisted of 18 stages, with average target distances of 400 yards and shots out to 1,000 yards. Steep angles and tricky wind calls made the course a complex shoot.

Gadarzi, meanwhile, took home first place in the PRS Lead Farm Barrel Burner 2.0 match, held in Prosser, Wash. The Lead Farm event featured targets ranging from 100 to 1,500 yards, and challenged participants to shoot from prone positions, off barricades/props, from vehicles, and from trailers.

Both shooters use the Leupold Mark 5HD with the PR2-MIL reticle in competition.

Winners use Leupold.

Originally Posted by 24hr Campfire Skilled Shooters with Good Rifles
[Linked Image from external-content.duckduckgo.com]

Last edited by JohnBurns; 03/14/24.

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JohnBurns

I don’t think this is correct. If it was, the scope would have to have accurate click values, hold zero and return to zero flawlessly

I’ve learned from the experts here that the Mark 5HD sucks

🤣

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rcamuglia

I don’t think this is correct. If it was, the scope would have to have accurate click values, hold zero and return to zero flawlessly

🤣

I just got done reading an in depth scientific study about shooters, scopes, and good rifles. It's long and dry so I will spare everyone the boring parts.

The conclusion was that those with shit rifles and shitty shooting skills were much more likely to think Leupold will not survive.

Basically a 99% correlation over a very large sample size.

Originally Posted by 24hr Campfire skilled shooters with good rifles

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

J
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
J
John the industry leader in phucqn businesses up looks at you every time you see a mirror.

It's no wonder Reco the fryer bitch is a fanboy.

Love Ksmïthïnhïzzër/fląvöřÐ.
J
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
J
Originally Posted by rcamuglia

🤣

I just got done reading an in depth scientific study about shooters, scopes, and good rifles. It's long and dry so I will spare everyone the boring parts.

The conclusion was that those with shit rifles and shitty shooting skills were much more likely to think Leupold will not survive.

Basically a 99% correlation over a very large sample size.

Originally Posted by 24hr Campfire skilled shooters with good rifles

I should have ask will Wyoming arms survive.

Last edited by Jimmypop; 03/14/24.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
took a while...but i hear someone saying maven is another brand in the spotlight.

Retired Military Aviation
Former Member, Navy Shooting Team
Distinguished Pistol Shot
NRA Certified Instructor/RSO
J
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
J
Originally Posted by bobski
took a while...but i hear someone saying maven is another brand in the spotlight.

I have a few and they are great. I couldn't afford a good rifle so I mounted them on a field and stream magazine stack.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Fclass nationals.
The top 15 shooters.
Not one Leupold in the bunch.
dave

[Linked Image]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...v/pubhtml?gid=2075307682&single=true

Fclass equipment list for f open.
I counted over 60 names .
Not one Leupold in the list.
So sad.

dave

[Linked Image]

Page 8 of 17 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 16 17

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

607 members (163bc, 12344mag, 1234, 17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 10ring1, 54 invisible), 2,306 guests, and 1,286 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,991
Posts18,499,913
Members73,984
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.