-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 16 of 18 1 2 14 15 16 17 18
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Yeah, I have had a some fun at tOSU expense but if asked honestly I'd say that you guys took it in the shorts this season.

Not through anyone's fault, and certainly not your own. It just worked out that way. Michigan and Wisconsin woefully underperformed in testing you. This was to be the year you guys prepared for another run not the one where you went into it.

And tbh, you shouldn't have been there. But everyone else kept falling down and it thrust tOSU right back into the pressure cooker. WVU and Missouri and Texas and Oklahoma and USC and Oregon and everyone else within shotgun range of a title shot just plain fell down... and left you holding the bag. If any of those other guys got there they'd have got the same thing you did.

But they probably wouldn't be the butt of jokes for another year.

Will

Smellin' a lot of 'if' coming off this plan.
GB1

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
A usually strong Washington? Are you kidding me. The season schedules the Big 10 played this year was pathetically weak, and it didn't get any stronger with the conference schedules. The whole Big 10 didn't play anyone in the top 5 this year until the end. As a matter of fact, they didn't play anyone in the top 20. You and Mr. Penguin are killing us with this "tough scheduale" stuff.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Oh yeah, by the way 257_Roy, how do you like your Crow? grin

Back in the heartland, Thank God!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
You're out of line.

I haven't mentioned schedule strength one time. You are either intentionally mischaracterizing it or you haven't read one thing I've said.

Will

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Penguin
You're out of line.

I haven't mentioned schedule strength one time. You are either intentionally mischaracterizing it or you haven't read one thing I've said.

Will

You've mentioned several times in the last few days in your posts about the Big 10 playing the toughest schedules (search and look it up). I've asked you twice if you mean bowl schedule or season schedule and you haven't answered. So which one is it? The Big 10 plays a tough bowl schedule and gets it handed to them, plays a weak season schedule and wins. Not too hard to figure.

Last edited by JGRaider; 01/09/08.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Violator22
Oh yeah, by the way 257_Roy, how do you like your Crow? grin

I had it prepared

different ways, for your information!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Redistribute my work ethic, not my Wealth!!!!!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Well, just what in the hell did you think I was talking about when I stated the obvious?

I said the Big Ten played:

1) SEC champs, runner up, and 4th place team
2) PAC-10 champ
3) ACC runner up

Did you think it was a big coincidence and that they ALSO played these exact same teams in the bowl games?

I figured that if you were reading my posts you would have known I was talking about the bowl lineup.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Well, just what in the hell did you think I was talking about when I stated the obvious?

I said the Big Ten played:

1) SEC champs, runner up, and 4th place team
2) PAC-10 champ
3) ACC runner up

Did you think it was a big coincidence and that they ALSO played these exact same teams in the bowl games?

I figured that if you were reading my posts you would have known I was talking about the bowl lineup.

Just answer the question and don't ignore it. If I stated something as stupid as that I"d be pissed too.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
From yesterday:

No actually what you can see is that LSU has a great team.

The Big Ten played the toughest bowl schedule of any conference in the country. They do more times than not.

Will

See that's where you guys are mistaken: I never stated or implied that the Big Ten was the best conference. I merely pointed out that:

1) LSU and Tennessee fans are probably the only ones who can rightly brag about being the best. Because if there is a difference these two teams are where it is at.

2) The Big Ten played a much tougher bowl schedule than did any other conference. So talking to me about bowl record is disingenuous at best. Last year the Big East was undefeated in bowls. Nuff said.

Will

Now are you telling me you read those posts and still didn't know what I meant?

No, you were looking to pile on.

Will

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
JGRaider=SEC Moonbat

Penguin= CFB realist

257 Roy= Upset for another year

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

IC B3

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by 257_Roy
JGRaider=SEC Moonbat

Penguin= CFB realist

257 = too drunk to remember much of the title game.....have another beer, fella.

.280Rem Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
JG,

I already posted it all regarding schedule in another thread. The final tally was:

Big 10 played 30 games against Top 25 teams, and went 11-19.

SEC played 64 games against Top 25 teams and won 30 of them.

The SEC won as many games against ranked teams as the Big 10 played and that with only 1 more team. Our winnin percentage was 10% better too. The shame of it is...tOSU is a very talented football team, and Tressel a great coach...but when you're constantly playing patsies all year long you get soft. They play teams that know they have no chance to win and lay down after one quarter. The worst SEC teams...because of the attitude about football here...the worst teams go in to games with the mentality of at least making the other team earn the win, and paying for it dearly in blood sweat and tears. You cannot take a single SEC game for granted because the worst teams on a good day can beat the best team on a bad day. All things being equal...they can at least hurt you. And then there's the games between powers. Auburn vs LSU 2006 was one of the most punishing games I can ever recall. Auburn won 7-3 and wasn't physically right for 3 weeks after. You can't be prepared to play a team like LSU when you've not faced anything even remotely like them all season even if you have great talent and coaching. tOSU took a 10 point early lead...but mentally they weren't prepared to defend that lead.

THIS is smashmouth SEC Football!

War Damn Eagle!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Originally Posted by 257_Roy
JGRaider=SEC Moonbat

Penguin= CFB realist

257 = too drunk to remember much of the title game.....have another beer, fella.

Not hardly, Bub.

I did have a few drinks, and I'm not much of a drinker anymore. But, I was barely drunk, let alone too drunk to remember. As a point of reference, I got out of bed at 4:30 the next morning and felt fine other than being a little tired.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 5sdad
1) What would be really interesting would be a bowl game between Oklahoma and THE Ohio State University sometime.
2) I was disappointed in the "behavioral" penalties that the Buckeyes incurred. (I like to see more class than that.)
3) Does anyone recall the historical significance of the '71 LSU Sun Bowl team?

Had to bring this back up to see if I am correct. My (ever-weaker) memory tells me that it was the last what we used to call major college (D-I?) team that was all-white. Can anyone verify the truth of that?

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J

Penguin, all most all SEC games this year LSU used a zone defense to cover the fasrer SEC recievers, but agaisnt OSU, LSU locked thier corners up man to man on OSU's recievers and OSU couldn't out run LSU to get open. The man to man coverage allowed LSU to pin their ears back and blitz at will... This shut the OSU offense down.. ON 3rd and goal at the one Wells was droped at the 5 by his own offensive linemand that was knocked in the back field... LSU is both rough, tuff and fast...

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Lockdown State University

abiding in Him,

><>fish30ought6<><
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
280, did you notice LSU played and beat five of the AP Top 15 teams. And USC didn't play any of them? What a joke they are.....sorry, Brent.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
WGM Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A good friend sent this to me earlier today ... don't know if any of you have seen it yet ... but I like it a lot ... (grin)

[Linked Image]

ps. I did have a good time meeting and having a drink or two with some tOSU fans ... it's all in good fun, right?...

-WGM-
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
oh mercy, that's a rough visual joke.
(snork)

abiding in Him,

><>fish30ought6<><
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Does anyone legitimately think that if OSU played in the SEC they would be anymore than an average SEC team? I think several of this years SEC teams would beat OSU most of the time.....and essentially any SEC team could beat them on a given weekend. That's what makes the SEC so tough.

HogWild
Page 16 of 18 1 2 14 15 16 17 18

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

462 members (280Ackleyrized, 1beaver_shooter, 2500HD, 3040Krag, 1936M71, 45 invisible), 1,674 guests, and 1,260 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,046
Posts18,521,156
Members74,023
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.