-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Out of the box accuracy the Tikka will be more dependable for sure.

You ain't about that life.
GB1

I
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Originally Posted by ihookem
I have not seen a Rem. model 7 in years. I can run down the road 10 miles and be home with one in an hour.
With a tikka?

Yes, I can get a Tikka in several calibers at one store and several other models at a gun shop. I can also get any Tikka I want in about 4days at a smaller shop. I doubt I can get any model or caliber I want in an hour though.. I 'm sure I can get a 6.5 Creed in a few different models sitting on the rack . There is about a dozen different Tikkas at one store on the rack, and a few at the gun store.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by IA_fog
Ok guys im getting a 308 bolt either a Tikka compact or a Remington model 7
Both are great guns and i know i cant go wrong with either
Give me some pros or cons to help finish decision. If i had enough money id buy both
Tikka pro - detachable mag
REM 7- holds value , but tikka stay consistent
Thanks

Tikka for the win.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Tikka every time.

I really don’t understand the DM craze for a hunting rifle. Rapid reloads for a hunting rifle seems like a step in the wrong direction.

It is easier and cheaper to build an accurate and reliable rifle using a detachable magazine than a rifle with an internal magazine. Either a blind mag or with a floor plate. It is possible to make a rifle with a conventional magazine just as accurate, but it complicates the issue and adds cost. That is exactly why we are now seeing budget guns like the Tikka, Ruger American and others offered only with a detachable mag that outshoot rifles costing twice as much.

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Not exactly what your looking for but close. Had a SS Rem 700 BDL 308, shot ok. My neighbor was a gunsmith so we decided to go all out. Blueprinted the action, put on a 20" Shilen select match barrel, jewel trigger, bedded it in Grayboe stock. Would shoot sub MOA all day long no matter what I fed it. Was at the range and a guy offered me way more than I had put into it (gun, smithing, parts, etc) so I decided to sell it.

Ended up buying an older T3 308 with the aluminum recoil lug. Swapped lug, trigger spring, limbsaver pad and it out shot that custom build Rem 700 all day every day for about 1/4 of the price. I shot a Browning Abolt II Medallion 7mag for about 30 years until switching to that 308. I liked the DM system of the Browning. Clean floorplate, but a hidden mag inside, instead of a hinged floorplate and dumping all your rounds in the mud or ground. So the Tikka offered that over the Rem as well.

If I did it all over again, knowing what I know now, I choose the Tikka again. You'll want to replace the trigger on the Model 7, just replace spring on Tikka. The only bolt that is slicker than both my Tikka's is my 30+ year old browning. DM is a toss up, either you like them or don't. The stock on the Tikka is actually well made in comparison to some of the other tupperware stocks.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

IC B2

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
I have the model 7 youth in 260.
I also have a Tikka T3 in .223.

I would buy another Tikka if it were me buying one.
Granted I have the youth model in the model 7, so that might make a difference.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I've owned quite a few of both-currently 3 Remingtons and 8 Tikka's. Definately prefer the Tikkas.

J
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
J
Just an idea.... grab a Ruger American compact. It won't hold value or give bragging rights, but it'll shoot.

Last edited by timbernomad; 03/19/24.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

704 members (12344mag, 17Hunter, 160user, 10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 153, 70 invisible), 3,017 guests, and 1,371 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,976
Posts18,480,799
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.