Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by RHClark
Originally Posted by Simplepeddler
Hog cracklins'

I love some good cracklins. You do know that dietary cholesterol cannot be absorbed into the body, don't you?

You mean we actually have to KNOW what we are commenting on to comment????

LOL. Don't confuse me with all that sciency stuff man.

GB1

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Etoh
Genetics plays a role in everything humans do, and what they are. To be more specific, the inflammation caused by many factors not just insulin. The main out side cause is just plain bad diet. This inflammation (spikes if it makes you picture better) grab the cholesterol as it passes in the blood stream across the inflammation. It is usually (clinically) defined by LDL/HDL rations, which really doesn't say anything either. From a money making point Big Pharm says you have to block the mechanism with statins. Just take 2000 mg Omega oils (fish oil everyday)

Etoh what is your opinion on taking Statins?

I’ve read good and bad reviews and been told the same things via conversations.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Hog cracklins'

I love some good cracklins. You do know that dietary cholesterol cannot be absorbed into the body, don't you?

You mean we actually have to KNOW what we are commenting on to comment????

LOL. Don't confuse me with all that sciency stuff man.

Heh!

Suffice it to say that hog lard rules.

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Hog cracklins'

Yes and no-- all hormones are made from the basic cholesterol and cholesterol is made from the hormones.Its a continuing on going and starts were you want in the synthesis. Higher cholesterol levels correlate with lowered hormone levels in both men and women. There is NO one single reason.

Most people don't have what it takes to get old
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Statins are an answer if the pt. is about to have an heart attack, and needs immediate relief (if stents or bypass is going to be used). Other than that I am totally against them

IC B2

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Etoh
Statins are an answer if the pt. is about to have an heart attack, and needs immediate relief (if stents or bypass is going to be used). Other than that I am totally against them

Thank you.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by BOBBALEE
Inflammation.
Been saying this for decades. Insulin spikes irritate (inflame) the inner lining of the arteries, resulting in abrasions. Plaques form over the abrasions like scabs for the purpose of healing. If the insulin spikes are too frequent (due to frequent consumption of starchy and sugary foods), the plaques never stop accumulating, till there's an occlusion.

Not necessarily. Inflammation makes it worse, but the bogey is truly genes and the aforementioned ApoB in your blood.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Hypertension is another factor in the chain.

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Inflammation.
Been saying this for decades. Insulin spikes irritate (inflame) the inner lining of the arteries, resulting in abrasions. Plaques form over the abrasions like scabs for the purpose of healing. If the insulin spikes are too frequent (due to frequent consumption of starchy and sugary foods), the plaques never stop accumulating, till there's an occlusion.

Not necessarily. Inflammation makes it worse, but the bogey is truly genes and the aforementioned ApoB in your blood.

Everything is genetic, The news clip ignores the interrelations between higher levels of hormones (genetic) in some races, and their effect on. Its a dynamic ever changing relationship.

R
RHClark Online Content OP
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
Inflammation.

I don't think we can say that for sure. My concern is that in placing the cause on the luck of the draw, we remove too much personal responsibility. I don't rule out genetics as a contributor, but the evidence still points to diet and lifestyle as a larger contributor than genetics.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Online Sleepy
Campfire Regular
Time to add calcium to the mix. Now stir.

NRA-Benefactor
TSRA-Life

"It's a terrible thing when governments send their young men to kill each other." Charles Byrne,WW2 Vet.
On the day Desert Storm began.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Inflammation.

I don't think we can say that for sure. My concern is that in placing the cause on the luck of the draw, we remove too much personal responsibility. I don't rule out genetics as a contributor, but the evidence still points to diet and lifestyle as a larger contributor than genetics.
Give you a personal example. I can eat nuts and twigs for six months and my cholesterol might read 190ish (with ok rations) I can switch to eating nothing but fat foods for the same amount of time and maybe, there's a five point difference. There hasn't bee coronary disease in my family for generations. That said smoking, high BP and gum disease CAN lead to coronary heart disease and why? because plaque does build up in your arteries (obviously some more than others) but gum disease for example inflames your gums (to attack the infection) and that message gets transmitted throughout your system.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Inflammation.

Give you a personal example. I can eat nuts and twigs for six months and my cholesterol might read 190ish (with ok rations) I can switch to eating nothing but fat foods for the same amount of time and maybe, there's a five point difference. There hasn't bee coronary disease in my family for generations. That said smoking, high BP and gum disease CAN lead to coronary heart disease and why? because plaque does build up in your arteries (obviously some more than others) but gum disease for example inflames your gums (to attack the infection) and that message gets transmitted throughout your system.

Oral health certainly plays a considerable part.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by gregintenn
Inflammation.
That actually makes more sense than any other explanation I've seen. Some folks have genetics that make them more susceptible to this than others I would imagine.
Yep, it's processed sugar. A 12oz Pepsi or other soft drink has 2 tablespoons of it. It's added to most of the processed food in the grocery store. It's even in peanut butter. Who needs sugar in peanut butter? A couple brands, like Adams, don't use it but most do. We have a store with a bulk section and a peanut butter machine. You grind your own. 100% peanuts for 1/2 the price of Adams.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
R
RHClark Online Content OP
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Originally Posted by gregintenn
Inflammation.
That actually makes more sense than any other explanation I've seen. Some folks have genetics that make them more susceptible to this than others I would imagine.
Yep, it's processed sugar. A 12oz Pepsi or other soft drink has 2 tablespoons of it. It's added to most of the processed food in the grocery store. It's even in peanut butter. Who needs sugar in peanut butter? A couple brands, like Adams, don't use it but most do. We have a store with a bulk section and a peanut butter machine. You grind your own. 100% peanuts for 1/2 the price of Adams.

It's not just sugar. Many highly processed foods have a higher glycemic value than pure sugar. The combination of super addictive highly processed foods and added sugar is a double tap. Add to that the consideration that nearly nobody goes more than 2 waking hours without getting their fix and it's no wonder we have more issues than ever before.

Last edited by RHClark; 03/20/24.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Glyphosate.

Starlink.

Carpe' Scrotum
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Harbee’s gravy n biscuits, mmmm

my HDL is off the chain jack. I think I’m up in the 60s-70s

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Steve
Glyphosate.

Starlink.

Nothing says 'Merica' like the Trump Train soaring across the horizon.

FJB & FJT
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Glyphosate.

[bleep], & here I thought it was 60lb, poodle eating pike !

Who knew ?

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Houston_2
My Cardiologist told me that genetics does play a big role in this just as Jorge mentioned.
It does. Some people's pancreases are genetically more responsive to blood sugar increases, and some have inherited what's called a sluggish pancreas. The more responsive pancreas will instantly sense a rising blood sugar and respond with just enough insulin to bring it down. The sluggish pancreas won't detect the rising blood sugar levels till it has reached a very high level, and then it will secrete massive amounts of insulin as a late response.

Regardless, those with an inherited sluggish pancreas can address the issue with a diet low in starch and sugar.

I do hope Houston_2 took all the jabs his Doc recommended. grin

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

478 members (12344mag, 01Foreman400, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 160user, 40 invisible), 2,479 guests, and 1,283 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,627
Posts18,474,206
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.