Home
Genes,,
Right now, probably this sack of Dollar General Easter jelly beans I’ve almost demolished.
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Genes,,

But why? It's not just a bad luck of the draw.
Hog cracklins'
Genes,,

Yep

I do not think science has it quite figured out why yet.
Inflammation.
Glyphosate.
Originally Posted by BOBBALEE
Inflammation.
Been saying this for decades. Insulin spikes irritate (inflame) the inner lining of the arteries, resulting in abrasions. Plaques form over the abrasions like scabs for the purpose of healing. If the insulin spikes are too frequent (due to frequent consumption of starchy and sugary foods), the plaques never stop accumulating, till there's an occlusion.
Originally Posted by Simplepeddler
Hog cracklins'

Karchners in Krotz Springs, Louisiana has the best. They’re on the LSU Tailgater’s approved list

Try to get in their parking lot on a Friday evening before a LSU home game on Saturday.
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Inflammation.
Been saying this for decades. Insulin spikes irritate (inflame) the inner lining of the arteries, resulting in abrasions. Plaques form over the abrasions like scabs for the purpose of healing. If the insulin spikes are too frequent (due to frequent consumption of starchy and sugary foods), the plaques never stop accumulating, till there's an occlusion.
That actually makes more sense than any other explanation I've seen. Some folks have genetics that make them more susceptible to this than others I would imagine.
Originally Posted by Houston_2
Hog cracklins'

Karchners in Krotz Springs, Louisiana has the best. They’re on the LSU Tailgater’s approved list

Try to get in their parking lot on a Friday evening before a LSU home game on Saturday.

They are good, but I'm from Sorrento, Louisiana. The Boucherie' capital of THE WORLD, where the WORLD cracklin cooking contest happens and the we select the "WORLD CHAMPION" cracklin' cooker. LOL ........................So mine are pretty damn good.
Originally Posted by gregintenn
Inflammation.
That actually makes more sense than any other explanation I've seen. Some folks have genetics that make them more susceptible to this than others I would imagine.

My Cardiologist told me that genetics does play a big role in this just as Jorge mentioned.
Hog cracklins'

They are good, but I'm from Sorrento, Louisiana. The Boucherie' capital of THE WORLD, where the WORLD cracklin cooking contest happens and the we select the "WORLD CHAMPION" cracklin' cooker. LOL ........................So mine are pretty damn good.

A man can’t argue with that!!

The Gonzales Jambalaya fest is a good one.
Inflammation.

I don't think it's the insulin itself causing the inflammation. It doesn't make sense that insulin which the body made to carry blood sugar and store it as fat would of itself be irritating to arterial walls. I do think it's very possible that constant exposure to higher-than-normal insulin levels may cause inflammation in the arterial wall. The frequent consumption of highly processed foods and sugar would certainly cause constant exposure to higher-than-normal insulin. I think we are to the point where about half the population is insulin insensitive.

Yes, Greg, I do think certain genetics could be more susceptible.
Sitting in my office in Gonzales now! LOL
Hog cracklins'

I love some good cracklins. You do know that dietary cholesterol cannot be absorbed into the body, don't you?
My Cardiologist told me that genetics does play a big role in this just as Jorge mentioned.
It does. Some people's pancreases are genetically more responsive to blood sugar increases, and some have inherited what's called a sluggish pancreas. The more responsive pancreas will instantly sense a rising blood sugar and respond with just enough insulin to bring it down. The sluggish pancreas won't detect the rising blood sugar levels till it has reached a very high level, and then it will secrete massive amounts of insulin as a late response.

Regardless, those with an inherited sluggish pancreas can address the issue with a diet low in starch and sugar.
Genetics plays a role in everything humans do, and what they are. To be more specific, the inflammation caused by many factors not just insulin. The main out side cause is just plain bad diet. This inflammation (spikes if it makes you picture better) grab the cholesterol as it passes in the blood stream across the inflammation. It is usually (clinically) defined by LDL/HDL rations, which really doesn't say anything either. From a money making point Big Pharm says you have to block the mechanism with statins. Just take 2000 mg Omega oils (fish oil everyday)
Originally Posted by RHClark
Hog cracklins'

I love some good cracklins. You do know that dietary cholesterol cannot be absorbed into the body, don't you?

I believe that it may concern the amount of salty seasonings that are generally applied to cracklings fresh out of the cooker but it would be sinful not to serve them that way.
Hog cracklins'

You mean we actually have to KNOW what we are commenting on to comment????

LOL. Don't confuse me with all that sciency stuff man.
Originally Posted by Etoh
Genetics plays a role in everything humans do, and what they are. To be more specific, the inflammation caused by many factors not just insulin. The main out side cause is just plain bad diet. This inflammation (spikes if it makes you picture better) grab the cholesterol as it passes in the blood stream across the inflammation. It is usually (clinically) defined by LDL/HDL rations, which really doesn't say anything either. From a money making point Big Pharm says you have to block the mechanism with statins. Just take 2000 mg Omega oils (fish oil everyday)

Etoh what is your opinion on taking Statins?

I’ve read good and bad reviews and been told the same things via conversations.
Hog cracklins'

You mean we actually have to KNOW what we are commenting on to comment????

LOL. Don't confuse me with all that sciency stuff man.

Heh!

Suffice it to say that hog lard rules.
Hog cracklins'

Yes and no-- all hormones are made from the basic cholesterol and cholesterol is made from the hormones.Its a continuing on going and starts were you want in the synthesis. Higher cholesterol levels correlate with lowered hormone levels in both men and women. There is NO one single reason.
Statins are an answer if the pt. is about to have an heart attack, and needs immediate relief (if stents or bypass is going to be used). Other than that I am totally against them
Originally Posted by Etoh
Statins are an answer if the pt. is about to have an heart attack, and needs immediate relief (if stents or bypass is going to be used). Other than that I am totally against them

Thank you.
Inflammation.

Not necessarily. Inflammation makes it worse, but the bogey is truly genes and the aforementioned ApoB in your blood.
Hypertension is another factor in the chain.
Inflammation.

Not necessarily. Inflammation makes it worse, but the bogey is truly genes and the aforementioned ApoB in your blood.

Everything is genetic, The news clip ignores the interrelations between higher levels of hormones (genetic) in some races, and their effect on. Its a dynamic ever changing relationship.
Inflammation.

I don't think we can say that for sure. My concern is that in placing the cause on the luck of the draw, we remove too much personal responsibility. I don't rule out genetics as a contributor, but the evidence still points to diet and lifestyle as a larger contributor than genetics.
Time to add calcium to the mix. Now stir.
Inflammation.

I don't think we can say that for sure. My concern is that in placing the cause on the luck of the draw, we remove too much personal responsibility. I don't rule out genetics as a contributor, but the evidence still points to diet and lifestyle as a larger contributor than genetics.
Give you a personal example. I can eat nuts and twigs for six months and my cholesterol might read 190ish (with ok rations) I can switch to eating nothing but fat foods for the same amount of time and maybe, there's a five point difference. There hasn't bee coronary disease in my family for generations. That said smoking, high BP and gum disease CAN lead to coronary heart disease and why? because plaque does build up in your arteries (obviously some more than others) but gum disease for example inflames your gums (to attack the infection) and that message gets transmitted throughout your system.
Inflammation.

Give you a personal example. I can eat nuts and twigs for six months and my cholesterol might read 190ish (with ok rations) I can switch to eating nothing but fat foods for the same amount of time and maybe, there's a five point difference. There hasn't bee coronary disease in my family for generations. That said smoking, high BP and gum disease CAN lead to coronary heart disease and why? because plaque does build up in your arteries (obviously some more than others) but gum disease for example inflames your gums (to attack the infection) and that message gets transmitted throughout your system.

Oral health certainly plays a considerable part.
Inflammation.
Yep, it's processed sugar. A 12oz Pepsi or other soft drink has 2 tablespoons of it. It's added to most of the processed food in the grocery store. It's even in peanut butter. Who needs sugar in peanut butter? A couple brands, like Adams, don't use it but most do. We have a store with a bulk section and a peanut butter machine. You grind your own. 100% peanuts for 1/2 the price of Adams.
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Inflammation.
Yep, it's processed sugar. A 12oz Pepsi or other soft drink has 2 tablespoons of it. It's added to most of the processed food in the grocery store. It's even in peanut butter. Who needs sugar in peanut butter? A couple brands, like Adams, don't use it but most do. We have a store with a bulk section and a peanut butter machine. You grind your own. 100% peanuts for 1/2 the price of Adams.

It's not just sugar. Many highly processed foods have a higher glycemic value than pure sugar. The combination of super addictive highly processed foods and added sugar is a double tap. Add to that the consideration that nearly nobody goes more than 2 waking hours without getting their fix and it's no wonder we have more issues than ever before.
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Glyphosate.

Starlink.
Harbee’s gravy n biscuits, mmmm

my HDL is off the chain jack. I think I’m up in the 60s-70s
Originally Posted by Steve
Glyphosate.

Starlink.

Nothing says 'Merica' like the Trump Train soaring across the horizon.
Glyphosate.

[bleep], & here I thought it was 60lb, poodle eating pike !

Who knew ?
It does. Some people's pancreases are genetically more responsive to blood sugar increases, and some have inherited what's called a sluggish pancreas. The more responsive pancreas will instantly sense a rising blood sugar and respond with just enough insulin to bring it down. The sluggish pancreas won't detect the rising blood sugar levels till it has reached a very high level, and then it will secrete massive amounts of insulin as a late response.

Regardless, those with an inherited sluggish pancreas can address the issue with a diet low in starch and sugar.

I do hope Houston_2 took all the jabs his Doc recommended. grin
Originally Posted by Phillip_Nesmith
Hypertension is another factor in the chain.

Doesn't constricted, hardened arteries from calcium and arterial plaque cause the HBP in the first place? whistle
Genes,,
Perfect answer.
Originally Posted by rost495
Genes,,
Perfect answer.
As I explained above, it's a factor. Some people have very responsive pancreases (by heredity), and can thus get away with eating diets high in starch and sugar with little if any consequence.
The cooking oils your govt recommends are unstable and decompose and cause inflammatory responses.

Lard and Tallow are stable, precious fats.

[Linked Image]

My 2024 physical....I have a zero Calcium score.

The world is upside down when the 24HCF commenters know more than my doctor.
Inflammation.

This. Like most diseases in the body
Originally Posted by Clarkm
[Linked Image]

My 2024 physical....I have a zero Calcium score.

The world is upside down when the 24HCF commenters know more than my doctor.

Mine too. 225. LDL. Triglycerides are more important indicators

It’s funny how healthy you can live not following our food pyramid, Pham companies and the AMA
Originally Posted by ribka

Triglycerides measurement can vary wildly depending on the time of day. My wife is constantly ordering blood tests, has a spreadsheet, and is rubbing my nose in my latest triglyceride test taken at 8:00 a.m.

Young and older adults exhibited endogenous circadian variations in fasting triglycerides, with both groups peaking in the early biological morning.Jun 9, 2020

Triglycerides measurement can vary wildly depending on the time of day. My wife is constantly ordering blood tests, has a spreadsheet, and is rubbing my nose in my latest triglyceride test taken at 8:00 a.m.

Young and older adults exhibited endogenous circadian variations in fasting triglycerides, with both groups peaking in the early biological morning.Jun 9, 2020

Did you doc push statins on you?
And we haven't even got into the benefits of estrogen in reducing inflammation, and how andropause causes severe declines in e2 levels. - menopause in women.
Not enough beer

Ok Real Hawkeye, you seem to to have quiet a bit of knowledge on the subject. Question for you. I’ve read that micro- plastics are in our blood now . What effects do these plastics have on the hardened arteries ?
Hog cracklins'
Love eating Hog Cracklins but have cut way back.

He tried, but I am anti statin.

smart man
Originally Posted by hanco
Not enough beer

The Finns drink like fish, and have clean arteries. And cardiomegaly, too, but the arteries are squeaky clean.
Too much butter in your coffee?
Coconut Oil

Same here. They've been pushing me to take statins since I was in my 30s. I know, however, that statins are a misguided approach to the issue, and do more harm than good.

Same here. They've been pushing me to take statins since I was in my 30s. I know, however, that statins are a misguided approach to the issue, and do more harm than good.

My doctor convinced me it would be best to take statins when I was in my early 40's took them for about 15 years. I no longer take them and have not noticed any spikes in Cholesterol from my every 6-month blood test results.
You can't trust your lab work or other tests. My Pcp used to marvel at my cholesterol numbers and triglycerides. In the last year I had an echocardiogram that essentially found my heart to be in excellent condition. I had a cardiac stress test I aced because I work out regularly. I had a dopler of carotid arteries that showed minimal plaque buildup for my age. I was eating a balanced diet. March 10 I had a serious heart attack. I needed four stents to get my artery open. I'm on two statins and an anticoagulant. Very strict low sodium diet. When I had my follow-up visit to my pcp after discharge from the icu, he was stunned and almost apologetic. He kept scrolling back through my history on his computer and shaking his head. There was nothing he could see that would have predicted what happened.
I am not a Doctor, my Doctor is, I take the pills He prescribes.
Originally Posted by wabigoon

Your doctor probably also said to take the Covid jab.

I don't trust doctors and I don't trust Big Pharma who are paying off the doctors.
RHClark: Bacon and/or exposure to scumload?
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Blind faith in today's doctors and drug companies is not very smart. Many are just drug pushers. You should always check out any prescribed drugs before you buy them because you can't take them back for any reason. Many of today's drugs have very dangerous side effects that your doctor or pharmacist won't tell you about and they won't be listed on the info that comes with the prescription. There's several good places online where you can find detailed drug side effects but Mayo Clinic is about the best.
Sitting on your butt, eating sugar.
Originally Posted by oldtrapper
Sitting on your butt, eating sugar.

Sugar is the cause for sure
Liberals...
"My doctor convinced me it would be best to take statins when I was in my early 40's took them for about 15 years. I no longer take them and have not noticed any spikes in Cholesterol from my every 6-month blood test results."

Every cell in your body was made with LDL including your brain. The only dangerous LDL is the small damaged LDL. The small LDL is the one that causes plaque in your damaged arteries. Statin drugs lower all cholesterol not just the bad. Statin drugs also damage nerves, cause liver damage and increase you chance of becoming diabetic.

I had a doctor just like yours (and idiot) when I was in my forties who prescribed Lipitor and a mega dose of niacin at the same time to lower my total cholesterol level despite my HDL being high enough that I didn't need to reduce total cholesterol number. I quit taking niacin when my liver started failing. At the same time he told me I needed to run three 8 minute miles every other day and put me on a diet that didn't include any fat/cholesterol, red meat, egg yolks and no chicken except skinless chicken breasts. I lost 20 lbs. in 3 weeks and was as weak as a kitten. I quit this doctor and stopped taking statin drugs for good

I am one of those people who can't tolerate any statin drugs at all and it probably saved my life.
Originally Posted by STRSWilson

Your doctor probably also said to take the Covid jab.

I don't trust doctors and I don't trust Big Pharma who are paying off the doctors.

You and me both.

This has worked for me also. I usually ask the doc what are the side effects and are there alternative options.
I’m glad my parents had me take the jab (sugar cube) for polio, measles, mumps etc, instead of worrying if the doc and pharm companies were making too much money.
Originally Posted by victoro
"My doctor convinced me it would be best to take statins when I was in my early 40's took them for about 15 years. I no longer take them and have not noticed any spikes in Cholesterol from my every 6-month blood test results."

Every cell in your body was made with LDL including your brain. The only dangerous LDL is the small damaged LDL. The small LDL is the one that causes plaque in your damaged arteries. Statin drugs lower all cholesterol not just the bad. Statin drugs also damage nerves, cause liver damage and increase you chance of becoming diabetic.

I had a doctor just like yours (and idiot) when I was in my forties who prescribed Lipitor and a mega dose of niacin at the same time to lower my total cholesterol level despite my HDL being high enough that I didn't need to reduce total cholesterol number. I quit taking niacin when my liver started failing. At the same time he told me I needed to run three 8 minute miles every other day and put me on a diet that didn't include any fat/cholesterol, red meat, egg yolks and no chicken except skinless chicken breasts. I lost 20 lbs. in 3 weeks and was as weak as a kitten. I quit this doctor and stopped taking statin drugs for good

I am one of those people who can't tolerate any statin drugs at all and it probably saved my life.
Could you please tell us your diet/ weight/ health as of now? Very interested. Thanks, Alan

Could you please tell us your diet/ weight/ health as of now? Very interested. Thanks, Alan
My Darling Mother had a severe stroke at the age of 47. She was in a coma for 6 weeks .
I'll trust people with a read degree
How many here have a medical diploma on the wall?
Please show it.
Originally Posted by dale06

This has worked for me also. I usually ask the doc what are the side effects and are there alternative options.
I’m glad my parents had me take the jab (sugar cube) for polio, measles, mumps etc, instead of worrying if the doc and pharm companies were making too much money.

Polio was a real epidemic, a real disaster, and the vaccination worked.
Corona was half medicine and half political hype.
The vaccine doesn't work and masks don't work.

Yet most docs pushed the vaccine and pushed the masks.

I feel sorry for you if you believe everything doc tells you.
Dont forget to blame the insurance companies. They are in large part responsible for the concept of "evidence based medicine" or diagnosis and prescribing by algorithms. This allows NP, PA etc. to follow the" if labs say this then give this" type of medicine and just using the MD lic. as a stamp of approval. Doing this under the propaganda of "reducing the cost of medical treatment". ie lower insurance premiums etc.
GENETICS!
Rick Flair got his M.D. out of a Crackerjack box, does that count ?
"Could you please tell us your diet/ weight/ health as of now? Very interested. Thanks, Alan"

I've been on the 2 meal a day Keto diet where you don't eat for 8 hrs. after your first meal and for 16 hrs. after your second meal since 2020. I avoid all sugars, carbs that covert to sugar quickly, seed oils, all processed foods and alcohol. I eat a lot of fat meat and other proteins. The good thing about this diet is that your glucose level stays level and you don't get hungry between meals. I work hard and if I'm not working hard I lift weights I do a lot of walking and I can still run but seldom do. I was 81 in January and feel great. Of course I'm not strong as I was 10 years but I expected that to happen. I'm 5' 6" tall and currently weigh 140 lbs. I don't have any health problems now and don't take any prescription medications.

The reason I started the Keto diet was because during all the voter fraud during and after the 2020 election I would spend 4 to 5 hours on the internet every morning and drink a whole pot of coffee. I ate a lot of sugary snacks too. I gained 10 lbs. of fat and my blood pressure was extremely high. It's not good for you to be pissed off all the time.

I had a very minor TIA (lasted about 30 minute) caused by high blood pressure and had zero aftereffects.
I lost the fat and got my blood pressure back to normal in 3 weeks by going on the Keto diet and by not drinking so much coffee.
Originally Posted by gunswizard
Rick Flair got his M.D. out of a Crackerjack box, does that count ?

the same place you got your degree in guns smithing and firearms knowledge. lol
Originally Posted by simonkenton7

Doctors, God bless them, are trained, drilled and selected for rote memorization starting with P-chem in college. They are not paid to think, they are paid to implement the "standard of care". Whoever controls the "standard of care", controls 99.9% of the doctors.

If the "standard of care" is to put the patient on statins when cholesterol reaches X, by golly, the doc will remember that, and put the patient on statins. Never mind the patient is slamming 5 Super Big Gulps of Pepsi a day and family sized bag of Cheetos at night......

The "standard of care" is about dealing with symptoms, not the causes of the symptoms. Now, to be fair to the docs, they could talk till they are blue in the face and 99.9% of their patients wouldn't give up any Super Big Gulps, beer, Milky Ways, Cheetos, Ding-Dongs or white bread.
Don't feel sorry for me.
Originally Posted by Dutch

Doctors, God bless them, are trained, drilled and selected for rote memorization starting with P-chem in college. They are not paid to think, they are paid to implement the "standard of care". Whoever controls the "standard of care", controls 99.9% of the doctors.

If the "standard of care" is to put the patient on statins when cholesterol reaches X, by golly, the doc will remember that, and put the patient on statins. Never mind the patient is slamming 5 Super Big Gulps of Pepsi a day and family sized bag of Cheetos at night......

The "standard of care" is about dealing with symptoms, not the causes of the symptoms. Now, to be fair to the docs, they could talk till they are blue in the face and 99.9% of their patients wouldn't give up any Super Big Gulps, beer, Milky Ways, Cheetos, Ding-Dongs or white bread.

You are 100% correct. Those doctors have to follow a set standard of care or face a possible lawsuit. Also to be fair if someone is obese and has a crap sugar and processed food diet and high cholesterol, a statin might prolong their life. They won't get healthy though until they get their diet and lifestyle correct and meanwhile the statins may cause even more problems to be dealt with later.
GM and Hydrogented fats.
Originally Posted by RAM
GM and Hydrogented fats.

I didn’t see the General Motors thing coming?

I didn’t say I believed everything my doctor (Mayo Clinic) tells me. But I’ll take my doc over anyone on this forum. During the covid deal, I was required to wear a mask when entering the clinic to get my annual physical. After I was in my docs office, he said you can take that mask off. He/I never discussed covid shots.
And, you’re wasting your time and emotions feeling sorry for me. It’s totally unnecessary.
Interesting topic and timing regarding the video.
I just had ApoB test done today. Been thinking about it for awhile.

Just shy of 70 and don't take any meds. Cholesterol has been on the high side for awhile, my doc put me on statins, picked them up, read about them and never took them.

Doc's and pharma generally just treat the symptoms and prescribe a pill. Which is what most people want.

A friend younger than me recently had a minor stroke, went to Mayo to get it checked out and sounded a bit of goat rope, which surprised me.
I haven't heard the full story yet...

Have know for awhile sugar and inflammation are biggies. I guess I need to get checked and see if there is plaque buildup.
IPA’s

And other nasty schidt
Yep.
Yep.

Cancer?

Yup, you guessed it!

IPA’s
No more devious a libation was ever conjured.
No more devious a libation was ever conjured.

Preach it, Brother!!!
"Could you please tell us your diet/ weight/ health as of now? Very interested. Thanks, Alan"

I've been on the 2 meal a day Keto diet where you don't eat for 8 hrs. after your first meal and for 16 hrs. after your second meal since 2020. I avoid all sugars, carbs that covert to sugar quickly, seed oils, all processed foods and alcohol. I eat a lot of fat meat and other proteins. The good thing about this diet is that your glucose level stays level and you don't get hungry between meals. I work hard and if I'm not working hard I lift weights I do a lot of walking and I can still run but seldom do. I was 81 in January and feel great. Of course I'm not strong as I was 10 years but I expected that to happen. I'm 5' 6" tall and currently weigh 140 lbs. I have any health problems now and don't take any prescription medications.

The reason I started the Keto diet was because during all the voter fraud during and after the 2020 election I would spend 4 to 5 hours on the internet every morning and drink a whole pot of coffee. I ate a lot of sugary snacks too. I gained 10 lbs. of fat and my blood pressure was extremely high. It's not for you to be pissed off all the time.

I had a very minor TIA (lasted about 30 minute) caused by high blood pressure and had zero aftereffects.
I lost the fat and got my blood pressure back to normal in 3 weeks by going on the Keto diet and by not drinking so much coffee.

Thank you. Your post makes a lot of sense to me. Tip of the hat to you and God bless.
© 24hourcampfire