T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Clarkm
Originally Posted by ribka
Did you doc push statins on you?

He tried, but I am anti statin.
Same here. They've been pushing me to take statins since I was in my 30s. I know, however, that statins are a misguided approach to the issue, and do more harm than good.

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by Clarkm
Originally Posted by ribka
Did you doc push statins on you?

He tried, but I am anti statin.
Same here. They've been pushing me to take statins since I was in my 30s. I know, however, that statins are a misguided approach to the issue, and do more harm than good.

My doctor convinced me it would be best to take statins when I was in my early 40's took them for about 15 years. I no longer take them and have not noticed any spikes in Cholesterol from my every 6-month blood test results.

A
AML Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
You can't trust your lab work or other tests. My Pcp used to marvel at my cholesterol numbers and triglycerides. In the last year I had an echocardiogram that essentially found my heart to be in excellent condition. I had a cardiac stress test I aced because I work out regularly. I had a dopler of carotid arteries that showed minimal plaque buildup for my age. I was eating a balanced diet. March 10 I had a serious heart attack. I needed four stents to get my artery open. I'm on two statins and an anticoagulant. Very strict low sodium diet. When I had my follow-up visit to my pcp after discharge from the icu, he was stunned and almost apologetic. He kept scrolling back through my history on his computer and shaking his head. There was nothing he could see that would have predicted what happened.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
I am not a Doctor, my Doctor is, I take the pills He prescribes.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by wabigoon

Your doctor probably also said to take the Covid jab.

I don't trust doctors and I don't trust Big Pharma who are paying off the doctors.

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
IC B2

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
RHClark: Bacon and/or exposure to scumload?
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V

Blind faith in today's doctors and drug companies is not very smart. Many are just drug pushers. You should always check out any prescribed drugs before you buy them because you can't take them back for any reason. Many of today's drugs have very dangerous side effects that your doctor or pharmacist won't tell you about and they won't be listed on the info that comes with the prescription. There's several good places online where you can find detailed drug side effects but Mayo Clinic is about the best.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Sitting on your butt, eating sugar.

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by oldtrapper
Sitting on your butt, eating sugar.

Sugar is the cause for sure

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Liberals...

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
IC B3

V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
"My doctor convinced me it would be best to take statins when I was in my early 40's took them for about 15 years. I no longer take them and have not noticed any spikes in Cholesterol from my every 6-month blood test results."

Every cell in your body was made with LDL including your brain. The only dangerous LDL is the small damaged LDL. The small LDL is the one that causes plaque in your damaged arteries. Statin drugs lower all cholesterol not just the bad. Statin drugs also damage nerves, cause liver damage and increase you chance of becoming diabetic.

I had a doctor just like yours (and idiot) when I was in my forties who prescribed Lipitor and a mega dose of niacin at the same time to lower my total cholesterol level despite my HDL being high enough that I didn't need to reduce total cholesterol number. I quit taking niacin when my liver started failing. At the same time he told me I needed to run three 8 minute miles every other day and put me on a diet that didn't include any fat/cholesterol, red meat, egg yolks and no chicken except skinless chicken breasts. I lost 20 lbs. in 3 weeks and was as weak as a kitten. I quit this doctor and stopped taking statin drugs for good

I am one of those people who can't tolerate any statin drugs at all and it probably saved my life.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by STRSWilson

Your doctor probably also said to take the Covid jab.

I don't trust doctors and I don't trust Big Pharma who are paying off the doctors.

You and me both.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D

This has worked for me also. I usually ask the doc what are the side effects and are there alternative options.
I’m glad my parents had me take the jab (sugar cube) for polio, measles, mumps etc, instead of worrying if the doc and pharm companies were making too much money.

NRA Patron
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by victoro
"My doctor convinced me it would be best to take statins when I was in my early 40's took them for about 15 years. I no longer take them and have not noticed any spikes in Cholesterol from my every 6-month blood test results."

Every cell in your body was made with LDL including your brain. The only dangerous LDL is the small damaged LDL. The small LDL is the one that causes plaque in your damaged arteries. Statin drugs lower all cholesterol not just the bad. Statin drugs also damage nerves, cause liver damage and increase you chance of becoming diabetic.

I had a doctor just like yours (and idiot) when I was in my forties who prescribed Lipitor and a mega dose of niacin at the same time to lower my total cholesterol level despite my HDL being high enough that I didn't need to reduce total cholesterol number. I quit taking niacin when my liver started failing. At the same time he told me I needed to run three 8 minute miles every other day and put me on a diet that didn't include any fat/cholesterol, red meat, egg yolks and no chicken except skinless chicken breasts. I lost 20 lbs. in 3 weeks and was as weak as a kitten. I quit this doctor and stopped taking statin drugs for good

I am one of those people who can't tolerate any statin drugs at all and it probably saved my life.
Could you please tell us your diet/ weight/ health as of now? Very interested. Thanks, Alan

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by victoro

Could you please tell us your diet/ weight/ health as of now? Very interested. Thanks, Alan

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
My Darling Mother had a severe stroke at the age of 47. She was in a coma for 6 weeks .
I'll trust people with a read degree
How many here have a medical diploma on the wall?
Please show it.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by dale06

This has worked for me also. I usually ask the doc what are the side effects and are there alternative options.
I’m glad my parents had me take the jab (sugar cube) for polio, measles, mumps etc, instead of worrying if the doc and pharm companies were making too much money.

Polio was a real epidemic, a real disaster, and the vaccination worked.
Corona was half medicine and half political hype.
The vaccine doesn't work and masks don't work.

Yet most docs pushed the vaccine and pushed the masks.

I feel sorry for you if you believe everything doc tells you.

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Dont forget to blame the insurance companies. They are in large part responsible for the concept of "evidence based medicine" or diagnosis and prescribing by algorithms. This allows NP, PA etc. to follow the" if labs say this then give this" type of medicine and just using the MD lic. as a stamp of approval. Doing this under the propaganda of "reducing the cost of medical treatment". ie lower insurance premiums etc.

Most people don't have what it takes to get old
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
GENETICS!

KB

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Rick Flair got his M.D. out of a Crackerjack box, does that count ?

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

73 members (257 mag, 35, badwolf, BDR1, beefan, 8 invisible), 1,441 guests, and 963 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,623
Posts18,474,057
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.