Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
"Could you please tell us your diet/ weight/ health as of now? Very interested. Thanks, Alan"

I've been on the 2 meal a day Keto diet where you don't eat for 8 hrs. after your first meal and for 16 hrs. after your second meal since 2020. I avoid all sugars, carbs that covert to sugar quickly, seed oils, all processed foods and alcohol. I eat a lot of fat meat and other proteins. The good thing about this diet is that your glucose level stays level and you don't get hungry between meals. I work hard and if I'm not working hard I lift weights I do a lot of walking and I can still run but seldom do. I was 81 in January and feel great. Of course I'm not strong as I was 10 years but I expected that to happen. I'm 5' 6" tall and currently weigh 140 lbs. I don't have any health problems now and don't take any prescription medications.

The reason I started the Keto diet was because during all the voter fraud during and after the 2020 election I would spend 4 to 5 hours on the internet every morning and drink a whole pot of coffee. I ate a lot of sugary snacks too. I gained 10 lbs. of fat and my blood pressure was extremely high. It's not good for you to be pissed off all the time.

I had a very minor TIA (lasted about 30 minute) caused by high blood pressure and had zero aftereffects.
I lost the fat and got my blood pressure back to normal in 3 weeks by going on the Keto diet and by not drinking so much coffee.

Last edited by victoro; 03/22/24. Reason: typo
GB1

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by gunswizard
Rick Flair got his M.D. out of a Crackerjack box, does that count ?

the same place you got your degree in guns smithing and firearms knowledge. lol

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
Originally Posted by dale06
Originally Posted by wabigoon
I am not a Doctor, my Doctor is, I take the pills He prescribes.

This has worked for me also. I usually ask the doc what are the side effects and are there alternative options.
I’m glad my parents had me take the jab (sugar cube) for polio, measles, mumps etc, instead of worrying if the doc and pharm companies were making too much money.

Polio was a real epidemic, a real disaster, and the vaccination worked.
Corona was half medicine and half political hype.
The vaccine doesn't work and masks don't work.

Yet most docs pushed the vaccine and pushed the masks.

I feel sorry for you if you believe everything doc tells you.

Doctors, God bless them, are trained, drilled and selected for rote memorization starting with P-chem in college. They are not paid to think, they are paid to implement the "standard of care". Whoever controls the "standard of care", controls 99.9% of the doctors.

If the "standard of care" is to put the patient on statins when cholesterol reaches X, by golly, the doc will remember that, and put the patient on statins. Never mind the patient is slamming 5 Super Big Gulps of Pepsi a day and family sized bag of Cheetos at night......

The "standard of care" is about dealing with symptoms, not the causes of the symptoms. Now, to be fair to the docs, they could talk till they are blue in the face and 99.9% of their patients wouldn't give up any Super Big Gulps, beer, Milky Ways, Cheetos, Ding-Dongs or white bread.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Don't feel sorry for me.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
R
RHClark Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Dutch

This has worked for me also. I usually ask the doc what are the side effects and are there alternative options.
I’m glad my parents had me take the jab (sugar cube) for polio, measles, mumps etc, instead of worrying if the doc and pharm companies were making too much money.

Doctors, God bless them, are trained, drilled and selected for rote memorization starting with P-chem in college. They are not paid to think, they are paid to implement the "standard of care". Whoever controls the "standard of care", controls 99.9% of the doctors.

If the "standard of care" is to put the patient on statins when cholesterol reaches X, by golly, the doc will remember that, and put the patient on statins. Never mind the patient is slamming 5 Super Big Gulps of Pepsi a day and family sized bag of Cheetos at night......

The "standard of care" is about dealing with symptoms, not the causes of the symptoms. Now, to be fair to the docs, they could talk till they are blue in the face and 99.9% of their patients wouldn't give up any Super Big Gulps, beer, Milky Ways, Cheetos, Ding-Dongs or white bread.

You are 100% correct. Those doctors have to follow a set standard of care or face a possible lawsuit. Also to be fair if someone is obese and has a crap sugar and processed food diet and high cholesterol, a statin might prolong their life. They won't get healthy though until they get their diet and lifestyle correct and meanwhile the statins may cause even more problems to be dealt with later.

Last edited by RHClark; 03/21/24.
IC B2

RAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
GM and Hydrogented fats.

America is (supposed to be) a Republic, NOT a democracy. Learn the difference, help end the lie. Fear a government that fears your guns.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RAM
GM and Hydrogented fats.

I didn’t see the General Motors thing coming?

Sic Semper Tyrannis
D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D

I didn’t say I believed everything my doctor (Mayo Clinic) tells me. But I’ll take my doc over anyone on this forum. During the covid deal, I was required to wear a mask when entering the clinic to get my annual physical. After I was in my docs office, he said you can take that mask off. He/I never discussed covid shots.
And, you’re wasting your time and emotions feeling sorry for me. It’s totally unnecessary.

Last edited by dale06; 03/21/24.

NRA Patron
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Interesting topic and timing regarding the video.
I just had ApoB test done today. Been thinking about it for awhile.

Just shy of 70 and don't take any meds. Cholesterol has been on the high side for awhile, my doc put me on statins, picked them up, read about them and never took them.

Doc's and pharma generally just treat the symptoms and prescribe a pill. Which is what most people want.

A friend younger than me recently had a minor stroke, went to Mayo to get it checked out and sounded a bit of goat rope, which surprised me.
I haven't heard the full story yet...

Have know for awhile sugar and inflammation are biggies. I guess I need to get checked and see if there is plaque buildup.

For those without thumbs, it's s Garden fookin Island, not Hawaii
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K
IPA’s

And other nasty schidt

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

IC B3

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Yep.

I am MAGA.
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Yep.

Cancer?

Yup, you guessed it!

IPA’s

Founder

WS

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
No more devious a libation was ever conjured.

I am MAGA.
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
No more devious a libation was ever conjured.

Preach it, Brother!!!

Founder

WS

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by victoro
"Could you please tell us your diet/ weight/ health as of now? Very interested. Thanks, Alan"

I've been on the 2 meal a day Keto diet where you don't eat for 8 hrs. after your first meal and for 16 hrs. after your second meal since 2020. I avoid all sugars, carbs that covert to sugar quickly, seed oils, all processed foods and alcohol. I eat a lot of fat meat and other proteins. The good thing about this diet is that your glucose level stays level and you don't get hungry between meals. I work hard and if I'm not working hard I lift weights I do a lot of walking and I can still run but seldom do. I was 81 in January and feel great. Of course I'm not strong as I was 10 years but I expected that to happen. I'm 5' 6" tall and currently weigh 140 lbs. I have any health problems now and don't take any prescription medications.

The reason I started the Keto diet was because during all the voter fraud during and after the 2020 election I would spend 4 to 5 hours on the internet every morning and drink a whole pot of coffee. I ate a lot of sugary snacks too. I gained 10 lbs. of fat and my blood pressure was extremely high. It's not for you to be pissed off all the time.

I had a very minor TIA (lasted about 30 minute) caused by high blood pressure and had zero aftereffects.
I lost the fat and got my blood pressure back to normal in 3 weeks by going on the Keto diet and by not drinking so much coffee.

Thank you. Your post makes a lot of sense to me. Tip of the hat to you and God bless.

Member of the Merry Band of turdlike People.

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

546 members (1minute, 007FJ, 1936M71, 1234, 1beaver_shooter, 54 invisible), 2,556 guests, and 1,346 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,558
Posts18,473,095
Members73,940
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.