Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Have y'all kept up with some of this stuff? I'm late to the party, but apparently in some counties in the great USA a person can go on vacation for a few weeks and come back home and a family has occupied your house!!! And the county police protect the squatter??

That's like the wild wild west.

Imagine that happening in rural USA?

I just can't rap my brain around some of the stupid stuff these urban areas consider norm.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
How would Tony Soprano handle it?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Florida just passed a law that allows the cops to just throw the bastards out on the spot and makes squatting a crime.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If I came home from vacation and squatters were occupying my home I would end up in Jail. This is the most ridiculous thing I've heard in a while squatter having more rights than the original landowner/homeowner.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Riverc
If I came home from vacation and squatters were occupying my home I would end up in Jail. This is the most ridiculous thing I've heard in a while squatter having more rights than the original landowner/homeowner.

That's what I'm screaming here!!

Who the hell just walks away from their own house and says "I'll see you in court you darn squatter"??

Around south Louisiana, we would be running crabs off their carcasses and sharing the crabs with our cousins.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I remember seeing this starting about 2 years ago in California, couldn't believe you had to take them to court for removal. Then they showed the inside of the house after they left, it was trashed, filthy, items stolen.

Unbelievable........SSS

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
SSS. What this country is headed to is ridiculous.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Simplepeddler

That's what I'm screaming here!!

Who the hell just walks away from their own house and says "I'll see you in court you darn squatter"??

Around south Louisiana, we would be running crabs off their carcasses and sharing the crabs with our cousins.

Local decisions...

You say crabs... but I think hogs.

The diversity of 24HC is fascinating.

*Pro Tip... Always knock out dem teeth... a hog could get indigestion.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G

I’d be in jail too. Maybe for a long time. But wouldn’t be any squatters left in my house.

Thanks, Billy
S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
Why do squatters have any rights? Trespassing isn’t a crime anymore?

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by GringoCazador

I’d be in jail too. Maybe for a long time. But wouldn’t be any squatters left in my house.
Yep agree

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Sako76

If I remember correctly the squatter POS somehow get classed under a renter status, thus having 30 days to vacate or some bullchiit. Then they start the long process of appeal, adds 30 days.....new date set & don't show up for court....finally a judge has to issue an order for conviction.

But it can take months & months, at least the families I saw on the program. Last I saw it was taking place in ritzy areas of Vegas, taking over mansions with 20 people at a time. Just image coming home, and you can't get into your house to access you guns for justice.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
There is a YouTube video out there about a guy in California that will sign a lease with you and move into the house with the squatters and be so obnoxious that the squatters will leave. One of the interesting news items I have read about that is scammers will scope out houses and learn who is gone and how long they will be gone then do scam leases with people looking for homes to rent and the renters move in only to find out the people they paid first, last, and deposit don't own the home and are nowhere to be found.

Writing from the gateway to the great BluMtns in southeastern Washington.

Just remember, "You are the trailer park and I am the tornado". Beth Dutton, Yellowstone.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by GAGoober
How would Tony Soprano handle it?

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by BluMtn
There is a YouTube video out there about a guy in California that will sign a lease with you and move into the house with the squatters and be so obnoxious that the squatters will leave. One of the interesting news items I have read about that is scammers will scope out houses and learn who is gone and how long they will be gone then do scam leases with people looking for homes to rent and the renters move in only to find out the people they paid first, last, and deposit don't own the home and are nowhere to be found.

I saw that fake lease scam, pretending to be an Airbnb transaction. But that's nothing like the squatters moving in for months, and the local police can't legally remove them from the premises.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Bwana_1

If I remember correctly the squatter POS somehow get classed under a renter status, thus having 30 days to vacate or some bullchiit. Then they start the long process of appeal, adds 30 days.....new date set & don't show up for court....finally a judge has to issue an order for conviction.

But it can take months & months, at least the families I saw on the program. Last I saw it was taking place in ritzy areas of Vegas, taking over mansions with 20 people at a time. Just image coming home, and you can't get into your house to access you guns for justice.
Wife and I carry so that's 2 guns ready, maybe I should start leaving home with the AR 15 & multiple magazines.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
In Idaho, you have to go through legal channels to serve an eviction notice. I don't know how long that takes or what's involved but it's a lot longer than FL's new law.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Squatting is one of the few things that really makes my blood boil. I would not react well to it. It's all so illogical.

It's as if the homeowner can't re-squat.

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
This reminds me. I really need to buy myself a backhoe.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Bwana_1

Wife and I carry so that's 2 guns ready, maybe I should start leaving home with the AR 15 & multiple magazines.

Agreed, it's a serious dilemma. My wife and I travel a fair amount, many times international flights with long term parking. Imagine getting off a plane, driving home, and seeing all the lights on with people walking around in your home.......and you have NO GUN !!!

Luckily we live in the country, and odds of it happening where I personally live would be difficult......but if we keep letting 8k+ immigrants across the border a day, this will only get much worse.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

198 members (44mc, 3333vl, 308ld, 10gaugemag, 160user, 257 roberts, 23 invisible), 1,629 guests, and 981 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,209
Posts18,503,912
Members73,994
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.