Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Originally Posted by Simplepeddler
Makes me wonder, if the squatters fry a frozen turkey in the living room and burn the house down, does the insurance cover? If you are a poor bastage like me and not flush with cash like some of you guys, then, would not my mortgage company be concerned about the squatters?

Maybe the banks have more stroke because, well, they own the place.................right??

Not squatters, but renters.

Not here. How the heck does some sort of sticky goo get on a 10-11 foot high ceiling, and inside the chandeleer globes????
Then they asked if they were getting their one-month rental deposit back. Uh, no?

It took my wife, son and I two days to clean the place, then had professional carpet cleaning, but no damage...

Got good ones now- one has been in there for 9 years. He did set fire to the place once....

I think the other one (2 years) is off parole now.... smile

Black guy. Says he is NEVER doing anything to go back to jail - apparently it is not a good experience.

Last edited by las; 03/21/24.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
FL went over board protecting tenants rights and got the squatters in on the deal. We had a dozen rentals, got out, was too way too crazy. Took at least 90 days to get squatters out after service, same as dead beat renters, give you a hot check to move in, never pay a cent and took months to get rid of them, if a pregnant woman, can not evict until after delivery. Having never paid you one penny for your property or rent or having just moved in while you were gone.
It got pretty bad to be a property owner especially at the beach. Always, there folks that want to take advantage in ever way you can imagine. If you forcibly evict them, you get arrested, not them and they are 100% aware because it is a setup, by fraudsters from start to finish.

Last edited by Rapier; 03/21/24.

“To expect defeat is nine-tenths of defeat itself. It becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. It is best to plan for all eventualities then believe in success, and only cross the failure bridge if you come to it."
Francis Marion - The Swamp Fox
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Not a new problem. And it can be serious.

Why would someone not take measures, forceful armed ones, to get someone out of their property? perhaps because they don't want to spend time in jail, lose their job, have to mortgage the house a second time to pay the legal fees, etc.

If the squatters are smart, they've got signed lease agreements. You call coppers, they come, see the lease agreement and it is now a civil matter and not a trespassing case.

Good number of vacation properties, second home type deals around here. Local deputies tell me they are targets of squatters. That and them moving and RV or trailer onto a vacant lot. If the squatters have paperwork, the deputies cannot, by law, remove or trespass them.

Just a way of life for some.

I guess if you're an actual legal renter, it's nice to know that if you have a one year lease the owner doesn't come back in three months and try to get you out. But it works against folks sometimes too.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Bwana_1
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
Just "rent" the house to a local motorcycle club for a week for a C-note- - - - -you pay them. Let them take out the trash.

That's a great idea.

Yeah, but then, how do you get the outlaw bikers out???

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Leanwolf
Just "rent" the house to a local motorcycle club for a week for a C-note- - - - -you pay them. Let them take out the trash.

That's a great idea.

L.W.

1/2# of quality weed should do the trick.

IC B2

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by mathman
Originally Posted by Hogwild7
Friend of mine here has a bunch of rent houses. When people refuse to pay he starts removing things from his house to make it uncomfortable to stay. Like removing all the doors. In the winter they get cold. in the summer the mosquitos run them out. Not sure how he gets away with it but he is one of those guys that is fearless. If they want to stay they have to pay.

I can't recall the jurisdictions but I believe there are places where owners aren't allowed to cut off electricity, water and the like in an effort to get squatters to self evict.

Prohibited here in NewYorkistan.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Here's a TikTok telling illegals how to squat. He's got 4,000,000 views.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...erican-homes-invoke-squatter-rights.html

- Rogue
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H

That's a great idea.

L.W.

Bikes aren't bulletproof. After a couple of them get the gas tank sniped from half a mile away, the others will get the message.

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by mathman
Originally Posted by Hogwild7
Friend of mine here has a bunch of rent houses. When people refuse to pay he starts removing things from his house to make it uncomfortable to stay. Like removing all the doors. In the winter they get cold. in the summer the mosquitos run them out. Not sure how he gets away with it but he is one of those guys that is fearless. If they want to stay they have to pay.

I can't recall the jurisdictions but I believe there are places where owners aren't allowed to cut off electricity, water and the like in an effort to get squatters to self evict.
Oregon for one. Oregon is nuts. A friend and her brother inherited their parents place in OR. Some squatters moved in shortly after they got the title. It's been over 2 years and they can't get them out. They can't turn off the power or anything else. Plus, THEY have to pay the power bills since the house is in their name.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
A
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
A
Coco Mellon thinking about Putting Up the Illegals in your home .

A couple of Governors have Floated the Concept..

I see Chicongo has run out of Money to House and Feed the Illegals and their turning them to the Street

What do you think a Psychopathic Government next Move would Be with Millions of Vagrants just roaming around that they can’t Support..

You guess it

“ We The People “

IC B3

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Oregon for one. Oregon is nuts. A friend and her brother inherited their parents place in OR. Some squatters moved in shortly after they got the title. It's been over 2 years and they can't get them out. They can't turn off the power or anything else. Plus, THEY have to pay the power bills since the house is in their name.[/quote]

Well, don't pay the bill? Power Co may cut juice - or maybe cannot.? Credit score takes a hit, and maybe a lien or lawsuit by the power company?

Sounds like they need to insure the place well & some time later hire an expert discrete professional, if somewhat incendiary, "attorney" .
Just off the top of my head.... smile

Should be other measures they can take to make it uncomfortable for the squatters to stay.

SWAT tips to cops, red flag alerts, stink bombs thru windows at 2 am. There is or was a 2-part skunk scent chemical.

The squatters are gonna trash the place anyway.

If a squatter gets hurt on the premises, can the legit owner be sued for unsafe conditions? Probably in some places.

The US is turning into a 3rd world chithole!

Last edited by las; 03/21/24.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Two separate scenarios going on in this thread to my mind. Legally getting rid of renters who stop paying rent and just take up squatting is one, I understand there is bad law surrounding that , but the other is a whole different topic. If I come home from a week or two fishing trip or vacation, and someone is in my house, I certainly wouldn't wring my hands and twist about what I need to do. I don't think any man would hesitate, just as I wouldn't, to consider it a home invasion, illegal trespass and breaking and entering.
I find it hard to believe most of us here would open the door and upon seeing your home has been broke into and a home invader is present, would run back out to the car and nervously ask your bride, Oh honey, what should we do? I know I'd be swinging a bat or wielding a hand gun demanding the the fuggers to get out and make it quick.

E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
Some dumfuk leftist wet dream law

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JefeMojado
Two separate scenarios going on in this thread to my mind. Legally getting rid of renters who stop paying rent and just take up squatting is one, I understand there is bad law surrounding that , but the other is a whole different topic. If I come home from a week or two fishing trip or vacation, and someone is in my house, I certainly wouldn't wring my hands and twist about what I need to do. I don't think any man would hesitate, just as I wouldn't, to consider it a home invasion, illegal trespass and breaking and entering.
I find it hard to believe most of us here would open the door and upon seeing your home has been broke into and a home invader is present, would run back out to the car and nervously ask your bride, Oh honey, what should we do? I know I'd be swinging a bat or wielding a hand gun demanding the the fuggers to get out and make it quick.

There's a third scenario where both the owner and the renter are victims. A third party pretends to own the vacant house, draws up a lease agreement and leases it out to some unsuspecting renters. They get cash deposits, first and last month's rent and haul ass.

E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

There's a third scenario where both the owner and the renter are victims. A third party pretends to own the vacant house, draws up a lease agreement and leases it out to some unsuspecting renters. They get cash deposits, first and last month's rent and haul ass.
I’ve seen that happen

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by earlybrd
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

I’ve seen that happen

I've also heard of that happening, now there is a real mess....2 parties got screwed over, the owner & unsuspecting "renter".

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
As for getting rid of renters?
I know a guy who rents to Section 8 folks.
If they seem unwilling to move, he offers them$1000 to be gone in a week and the place not be trashed. Otherwise, he spends and loses money getting rid of them,they do damage, and eventually they get removed and have nothing.

It usually works for him.

Electrician buddy of mine said his family had lots of rentals and they'd always offer that up. Then when they were moved out and came to collect the money 'sorry, we are applying that to your past due rent'. He said they always kept their insurance paid up, but never had to use it....

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

That's a great idea.

L.W.

1/2# of quality weed should do the trick.
You don't know any outlaw bikers, do you?

You might want to up your ante to around 1/2 ton or so, or a few kilos of some powdery substances.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
H
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
H
It is a real shame that many of the the beautiful places along our country's coast line have chosen such crazy government. I just don't understand their thinking. How can laws pass that don't protect home and property?

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Some time ago, I had an acquaintance in the Bronx that had an apartment he was renting and couldn't get rid of the tenants after they hadn't paid their rent for like 6 months. He got no help from the police or the courts. They tenants had rights.

So, he called a guy he knew named "Sammy" and asked him for a favor. Sammy went and talked to the tenants. The next morning, they moved out and later came and paid the back rent in cash.

The moral of the story is we need more guys like "Sammy" to solve these squatter issues.

"You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass"
~Admiral Yamamoto~

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty. ~Thomas Jefferson~
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

576 members (007FJ, 219DW, 12344mag, 160user, 10gaugemag, 222ND, 63 invisible), 2,323 guests, and 1,279 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,276
Posts18,486,677
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.