Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy
Originally Posted by JohnBurns
St George has a large selection of buffets and liquor establishments.

That's more like a burns post...

I don’t get it. Burns actually contributed good info on the thread.

Aren’t you a cop?

GB1

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Bob_mt
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
Bob, I was going to say 3,000 but thought, "Nah...can't be right." It is, though. I do know that my gas mileage numbers plummet on that stretch, LOL!

yes it is one long uphill climb......looking forward to being closer to our favorite lake.....lake powell, bullfrog side.....bob

I am looking forward to exploring lake Powell in the future. Always wanted to, never have.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I've houseboated both ends, and definitely prefer the Page/Wahweap end. Much better facilities, closer services, and frankly better fishing.

For those who have never been there, Lake Powell is no limit on stripers, smallmouth, and walleye. Plentiful largemouth, catfish, crappie, and bluegill, too.

The major drawback is the quagga mussel infestation, which requires special decontamination efforts when you leave - to prevent spreading them to other lakes. Small price to pay.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Confused
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Calvin

Aren’t you a cop?

He is a fat aŝshole, I like reminding him of that.

Nope I'm a mall cawp. I got a flashlight and whistle

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I've houseboated both ends, and definitely prefer the Page/Wahweap end. Much better facilities, closer services, and frankly better fishing.

For those who have never been there, Lake Powell is no limit on stripers, smallmouth, and walleye. Plentiful largemouth, catfish, crappie, and bluegill, too.

The major drawback is the quagga mussel infestation, which requires special decontamination efforts when you leave - to prevent spreading them to other lakes. Small price to pay.

Rocky....its good to have choices, makes life nice....I much rather go to the bullfrog side. like you I have done many houseboat trips to both sides. plenty of services, less crowded.....better fishing!....lol.....leaving a fifth wheel at bullfrog will pull up a sxs and boat while in cedar city....calvin the fishing can be off the charts and the beauty is 2cd to none...bob

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"...except for summer..."

That's the usual caveat. It's brutally hot there in summer. Not much better than Phoenix, in fact. Cedar City, only 60 miles or so away, but over 1,000 feet higher, is more tolerable.

Closer to 2500 ft higher

Carpe' Scrotum
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Bob's gonna be about a mile from our place.

Carpe' Scrotum
G
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
G
St. George is one of those places we go through but seldom stop, except for fuel. We have stopped to de-winterize the trailer a couple of times. We sometimes head toward Vegas, on our way to Pahrump, or we'll go to Glen Canyon on our way south and east. Our granddaughter loved Glen Canyon, by the way. On the way to Pahrump, we'll often stay at the Virgin River rec area. All in all, the southwest is easy to like; for me, anyway. GD

F
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
F
Modern warriors gun shop is the reason I stop there

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by Steve
Bob's gonna be about a mile from our place.

who knows...maybe you like fishing....bob

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I promise not to drink all your beer.

Carpe' Scrotum
C
CP Online Content
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
C
If it were not for the 9 grandkids living here in Montana, grandma and my driver licenses could have easily had St. George inscribed on them. I looked hard at buying a second home in the Sun River development, but from a practice point of view it really did not make any sense. We settled for a couple weeks a year in St. George and hiked a lot of the local trails. It was a great place for us to recharge our Montana winter batteries. Unfortunately, it has become just like so many other places on the planet, it has too damn many people to really enjoy all of its natural beauty and spectacular winter weather.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by Bob_mt
Bob, I was going to say 3,000 but thought, "Nah...can't be right." It is, though. I do know that my gas mileage numbers plummet on that stretch, LOL!

yes it is one long uphill climb......looking forward to being closer to our favorite lake.....lake powell, bullfrog side.....bob

I am looking forward to exploring lake Powell in the future. Always wanted to, never have.

after I get settled in , if you get up that way would give you a tour ...of the bullfrog side...bob

D
denton Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
D
One of the things hams do to amuse themselves is set up portable equipment in parks, and operate from there. On the other end of the link, there are hams who collect contacts with different parks. I just finished putting together my portable station.

One of the activities on this trip to SG was a portable operation at Gunlock State Park. It was really hard to endure: 70 degree weather, blue skies, people out on the water, trees just starting to leaf out.

It's a shame that Paul39 moved away. A few years ago, he and I had a fun lunch and a great session at the range when I came to visit.

Be not weary in well doing.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Aren’t you a cop?

Jackie_Handjobs was being a bit of twit in the Elk Hunting Forum.

I councelled her on her borish behaviour and reminded her she had never shot an elk so her bad behaviour was even more improper.

She is currently trying to get all that sand out of her couchie so I expect her to lash out a bit.

Yes she is a Fed Cop in NM.

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Confused
Campfire Outfitter
J

Aren’t you a cop?

Jackie_Handjobs was being a bit of twit in the Elk Hunting Forum.

I councelled her on her borish behaviour and reminded her she had never shot an elk so her bad behaviour was even more improper.

She is currently trying to get all that sand out of her couchie so I expect her to lash out a bit.

Yes she is a Fed Cop in NM.

Lol my goodness you are incredibly stupid (and fat)....waaay off. I've never worked for the feds. I'm a mall cop

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Nope, no elk in my freezer lol lol (ps that freezer only has wild game in it)

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by frank500
Modern warriors gun shop is the reason I stop there
McKnights was the stop durring the 70's. They had a Big Buck contest..

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by denton
One of the things hams do to amuse themselves is set up portable equipment in parks, and operate from there. On the other end of the link, there are hams who collect contacts with different parks. I just finished putting together my portable station.

One of the activities on this trip to SG was a portable operation at Gunlock State Park. It was really hard to endure: 70 degree weather, blue skies, people out on the water, trees just starting to leaf out.

It's a shame that Paul39 moved away. A few years ago, he and I had a fun lunch and a great session at the range when I came to visit.

If I'd have known that we'd have stopped by. We were there looking at the "Falls" yesterday.

Carpe' Scrotum
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Neat town. Lots of great mountain biking in the area as well.

Too close for irons, switching to scope...
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Been through there a couple times. Once on a geology field trip in college. Got some pictures of dinosaur tracks from there.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

735 members (10Glocks, 12savage, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 10gaugeman, 1234, 80 invisible), 3,002 guests, and 1,517 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,737
Posts18,475,993
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.