Hop To
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Wrongside
Still way lighter than if a guy starts with a 8 pound rifle.

Nice pics Ridge250.

It amazes me how some people don’t get that.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by AKwolverine
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy
a 2 pound scope and a heavy suppressor on a 5 pound rifle, LOL. oh and add a heavy harris bipod to ice the cake.
My gosh, it might even be ffp! it’s different! It’s not what I do!

How about that picture? Doesn’t look like a school playground, does it?

The C clamp cowboy never disappoints.
Ask CC for a hunting picture... laugh

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by David_Walter
Is that the factory 22" version, threaded and ceracoated black with a green stock?

The "perfect" version (for me). I've not had a bad Fieldcraft, but the 22" sporter barreled version is perfection (for me).

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Rarer and Rarer still.

I think I've seen 1 on gunbroker?

Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC
Is that the factory 22" version, threaded and ceracoated black with a green stock?

The "perfect" version (for me). I've not had a bad Fieldcraft, but the 22" sporter barreled version is perfection (for me).

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

Have to agree. Tried and tried to get them to do a small run in 7/08 but they were having issues sourcing the 7 mm blanks - couldn’t even meet the demand for the regular two versions.

IC B2

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

Have to agree. Tried to get them to do a small run in 7/08 but they were having issues sourcing the 7 mm blanks - couldn’t even meet the demand for the regular two versions.

R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy
People are way too orgasmic about fieldcrafts. It’s the same as people wanting fixed power scopes again. They quit making them because only a few people were buying. Just like when colt was labeling them. The history is the same. Just buy a freaking tikka

Have to agree. Tried and tried to get them to do a small run in 7/08 but they were having issues sourcing the 7 mm blanks - couldn’t even meet the demand for the regular two versions.

Demand!? Not possible. CC plainly stated that Barrett stopped making the Fieldcraft because there wasn’t demand! crazy

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B

Have to agree. Tried to get them to do a small run in 7/08 but they were having issues sourcing the 7 mm blanks - couldn’t even meet the demand for the regular two versions.

The 7-08s are rare because they did have trouble getting blanks that shot as well as thry wanted. Most of the 7-08s that did get made had an 8 twist which is another thing they got right. My 18.5" 7-08 actually has an 8.5 twist which is good enough to shootb180s at 1/2 moa. A fire member found it for me in Montana before all feildcrafts became scarce.

My 6mm Creedmoor is a 21" and it shoots even better than the 7-08. Someone offered me big money for the 7-08 once. Enough that I could have built a nice custom. I kept the field craft though because there's no guarantee a custom will shoot as well. Barrett put these fieldcrafts together well.

Bb

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Regret not buying an '06 I handled several times.

Lucked into an 6.5 creed SCI version (ceracoated) that was unfired for a grand at a Scheels store I stopped at on my way to a meeting about a year ago.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

A 22" sporter barrel 7-08 would have been very nice with the fast twist and OAL freedom in the mag box. I had one of the 21" 7-08's but didn't spend much time with it. The 22" 6.5 was what I always reached for.

Barrett made a 24", cerakoted, non-threaded, 6.5 CM as well. I never owned one of them but I think they would have been nice as well.

IC B3

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by 69sportfury
Regret not buying an '06 I handled several times.

Lucked into an 6.5 creed SCI version (ceracoated) that was unfired for a grand at a Scheels store I stopped at on my way to a meeting about a year ago.

I’d likely have broken my hand getting my credit card out. Damn!

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A

A 22" sporter barrel 7-08 would have been very nice with the fast twist and OAL freedom in the mag box. I had one of the 21" 7-08's but didn't spend much time with it. The 22" 6.5 was what I always reached for.

Barrett made a 24", cerakoted, non-threaded, 6.5 CM as well. I never owned one of them but I think they would have been nice as well.
A non ceracoated 24" no. 2 6. 5 CM just sold on GB.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
A
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
A
Scheels has the best discounts I have ever seen. Once saw a Jack O'Connor commemorative Model 70 in the Sioux Falls store for $1700. Brand new.

Elsewhere, in Sportsmans Warehouse, Denver, I bought a new SS Model 70 in 300RUM for $525 but that is as low as I ever saw them.

Always shop, always spot. Never shop, never spot.

When truth is ignored, it does not change an untruth from remaining a lie.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
[quote=69sportfury]

I’d likely have broken my hand getting my credit card out. Damn!

I damn near did, certainly wasn't expecting to see one just sitting there.

Agree, some deals to be had at Scheels. Also picked up a like new 5 digit Classic Stainless 375 H&H this past year for 700.

What baffles me are people trading these in for probably 25-30% less than the sticker.

C
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
C
Does any body know for sure how long the aluminum bar in the front of the stocks is.Were the sling stud is threaded.
I know it’s at least 1.5 inchs but curious to see if anyone knows.

NE Oklahoma
Love all things outside and enjoy cooking.Married with 3 kids
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Every one I have owned or shot was very accurate with factory ammo, I didn't need to develop a load.

Regrettably sold the 243 and 308, but kept the 6.5cm. It's in the box and still unfired. It's waiting for just the right scope.

Even if the Fieldcraft eventually re-ermerges under a new manufacturer, I can't imagine what could be done to make it better.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Pappy348
Originally Posted by T_Inman
Originally Posted by beretzs
They did Ted. Get on the road!

Don’t tempt me….
I just sold a snowmachine, have $2200 in cash I haven’t put into the bank yet and have had a couple of beers.

They’re not open tomorrow, which is probably a good thing.

I have zero regrets about buying mine, only wish I’d picked up one of the close-outs from Whittaker. Consider this, if you don’t like it, there will be no trouble sending it down the road. Mine is a 6CM, and that’s perfect for me here.

By the time I had enough scraped together for a FC, the announcement that they were suspending production for a few months (late spring/early summer 2020?). The cupboard was pretty bare everywhere I was looking and the option I wanted was a threaded 7-08 and there were zero to be found. I called Whittaker’s and the only one they had left was a display model 6.5 Swede for $1453. They said it looked fine and sent it out to me and it’s been a tack driver.

Once I’m finishing shooting up my factory SST’s, I’ll see how it does with the Norma partition ammo. I have a bunch of 143 ELD-x’s on the shelf for after the partitions.

To the OP’s question, it was kind of tempting at one point to see what I could get for it when I saw one on GB listed at 2X I paid, but knowing me I would have ended up pouring it all onto something that wouldn’t have been much different except maybe in a 7-08.

Fear the crabcat.
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Anyone have an update on when the new company that bought Barrett will start making the FC again?

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by John_Havard
Anyone have an update on when the new company that bought Barrett will start making the FC again?
Given the amount of world conflict and demand for military arms; I’ll guess sometime between not soon and never. But I’d love to be wrong in this case.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Why wait for a Barrett when you could just buy a tikka?

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

530 members (10gaugeman, 12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 17CalFan, 222ND, 219 Wasp, 54 invisible), 2,574 guests, and 1,249 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,579
Posts18,473,329
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.