Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I like that!

👍

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Makes a lot more sense than the PC-9. If you are going to use pistol magazines, may as well make them insert through the pistol grip. It makes for a more compact and ergonomic design.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
I could see owning one of those

Good house, camp, truck gun

DON’T BE TOO PROUD OF THIS TECHNOLOGICAL TERROR YOU’VE CONSTRUCTED. THE ABILITY TO DESTROY A PLANET IS INSIGNIFICANT NEXT TO THE POWER OF THE FORCE.

- Darth Vader
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
With the cost of all ammo these days, the 5.7 is making more sense in this LC.

I’m still trying to figure if they will make it in 9mm.

I’mma fan of mag load through the grip

With very few exceptions after using almost ever pistol carbine ever made, I believe pistol cartridges are better suited for handguns and rifle for rifles.

Last edited by JohnnyLoco; 03/25/24.
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Nice form factor vs the PC-9.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I’ve been tempted by some of these but don’t see what they do that a 5.56 doesn’t do better, except save on ammo costs. Maybe that’s enough.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by K1500
I’ve been tempted by some of these but don’t see what they do that a 5.56 doesn’t do better, except save on ammo costs. Maybe that’s enough.

Startin' w/ a low pressure, large caliber subsonic pistol cartridge, and then runnin' it down a 16" Bbl?

Got to be a lot friendlier to shoot w/o earpro, especially in enclosed spaces, than a 5.56 NATO carbine.

My thought.

GR

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
The gun is only a thousand dollars. Of course, you would run through a thousand dollars worth of ammo in your first range session. It looks fun. Too much fun.

IC B3

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by JoeBob
The gun is only a thousand dollars. Of course, you would run through a thousand dollars worth of ammo in your first range session. It looks fun. Too much fun.

My PC9......with glass....extra mags...after market parts

Pushes well past a grand

They do include Glock mag adapter

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker

A quick search found'em in the wild in the $725-825 range.

As for the ammo?

Discipline, monk-like discipline.

GR

R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
I've got one of those Smith FPC carbines in 9mm, it's an awful lot of fun to fool with, but it is fussy about ammo, the ammo has to have fully, and I mean FULLY seated primers. It shoots cheap plinking ammo really well, though, and a lot of fun with good ammo. The folding feature is nice, too, it stows into a very tidy little package.

I have mixed emotions about a .45, I got burned on a Marlin Camp .45, which didn't like a single one of the MANY 1911 magazines I had, and it snapped two stock in two at the pistol grip, besides. Oh, and it shot like crap, too. I couldn't get rid of it quickly enough. Since the new Ruger uses Glock magazines, that's probably not an issue, but I don't have any of those, so I'll pass on the Ruger.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by ratsmacker
I've got one of those Smith FPC carbines in 9mm, it's an awful lot of fun to fool with, but it is fussy about ammo, the ammo has to have fully, and I mean FULLY seated primers. It shoots cheap plinking ammo really well, though, and a lot of fun with good ammo. The folding feature is nice, too, it stows into a very tidy little package.

I have mixed emotions about a .45, I got burned on a Marlin Camp .45, which didn't like a single one of the MANY 1911 magazines I had, and it snapped two stock in two at the pistol grip, besides. Oh, and it shot like crap, too. I couldn't get rid of it quickly enough. Since the new Ruger uses Glock magazines, that's probably not an issue, but I don't have any of those, so I'll pass on the Ruger.

My buddy's dad had a Marlin Camp 45

Thing was minute of barn accurate

DON’T BE TOO PROUD OF THIS TECHNOLOGICAL TERROR YOU’VE CONSTRUCTED. THE ABILITY TO DESTROY A PLANET IS INSIGNIFICANT NEXT TO THE POWER OF THE FORCE.

- Darth Vader
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Confused
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by tikkanut

My PC9......with glass....extra mags...after market parts

Pushes well past a grand

They do include Glock mag adapter

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Flash hider on a rimjob? tacti-cool

GOA
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Garandimal

Startin' w/ a low pressure, large caliber subsonic pistol cartridge, and then runnin' it down a 16" Bbl?

Got to be a lot friendlier to shoot w/o earpro, especially in enclosed spaces, than a 5.56 NATO carbine.

My thought.

GR

From a reloading standpoint, the 45 will sip powder and if you shoot cast in it, be very economical to shoot.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Confused
Campfire Outfitter
Shoot some 45 ACP rubber bullets too.

GOA
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Nice! I like it.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Garandimal

My thought.

GR

Yep, a primary consideration for me, most bird watching is done with your ears. At the ranges I’m likely to need for home defense, pistol cartridges would likely suffice.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

556 members (2500HD, 1_deuce, 257_X_50, 222Sako, 257 mag, 1minute, 63 invisible), 2,608 guests, and 1,312 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,562
Posts18,473,169
Members73,940
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.