Page 19 of 24 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 23 24
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Hastings
Originally Posted by JoeBob
Sure, a lot of people died in a most savage decade but percentage wise the Jews took the worst of it.

That’s not even true. By percentage more Gypsies died than Jews.
What percentage of non combatant Gypsies died and what percentage of noncombatant Jews died out of their respective populations. I admit I don't have the breakdown by ethnicity but it is generally conceded that 1/2 or more of continental European Jews did not survive the war

By the way, lets don't consider the Jews killed in the Warsaw uprising as combatant Jews please.

And JoeBob, do you approve of lethal elimination of Jews?

See, you can’t even have your narrative questioned in the slightest way, without quickly accusing someone of anti-Semitism. I’ll bet you got pissed when people who said “All lives matter” got accused of being racist for not saying “Black lives matter.” I don’t approve of the lethal elimination of any human being. Jews are no better or worse than any other and don’t deserve special victimhood status.

Last edited by JoeBob; 03/25/24.
GB1

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Biggest victory for the jews wasn't Israel, but gettin white people to virtue signal bout the holocaust.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Fubarski
Biggest victory for the jews wasn't Israel, but gettin white people to virtue signal bout the holocaust.
grin

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Sure, a lot of people died in a most savage decade but percentage wise the Jews took the worst of it.

What percentage of non combatant Gypsies died and what percentage of noncombatant Jews died out of their respective populations. I admit I don't have the breakdown by ethnicity but it is generally conceded that 1/2 or more of continental European Jews did not survive the war

By the way, lets don't consider the Jews killed in the Warsaw uprising as combatant Jews please.

See, you can’t even have your narrative questioned in the slightest way, without quickly accusing someone of anti-Semitism. I’ll bet you got pissed when people who said “All lives matter” got accused of being racist for not saying “Black lives matter.” I don’t approve of the lethal elimination of any human being. Jews are no better or worse than any other and don’t deserve special victimhood status.
I guess my question was somewhat accusatory in the context of this whole discussion so I will apologize for that. But I do wonder about some of our members here that seem to have an abiding distaste for the Jewish people with some even siding with and justifying the recent attack by the Arabs that was well coordinated, murderous, and launched from the Gaza Ghetto using money and material donated by foreign benefactors for humanitarian relief.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

I guess my question was somewhat accusatory in the context of this whole discussion so I will apologize for that. But I do wonder about some of our members here that seem to have an abiding distaste for the Jewish people with some even siding with and justifying the recent attack by the Arabs that was well coordinated, murderous, and launched from the Gaza Ghetto using money and material donated by foreign benefactors for humanitarian relief.

Do you winder about the distaste that people have for the race hustlers who make everything about “racism”?

IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Well, I am relieved to hear that.
Amazing how real facts are always in conflict with the received narrative on this subject, isn't it?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Dutch
About eight to ten times more non Jews died in that war than Jews did. So why do we insist on making it all about them? Answer that.

Total deaths attributed to WW2 in The Netherlands was 2.36% of the population.

Three quarters of the Dutch Jewish population died in WW2.

Any other questions?

Mainly because the Dutch were extra anxious to get rid of their Jews and not too anxious to fight the Germans.

That's what you're going with? Final answer?

Sure, why not? Got to be some reason why Dutch Jews were eliminated at a much higher percentage than they were in Belgium and France, or anywhere else in Europe for that matter.

See, here where speculation and supposition gets you in trouble. The primary cause of the high rate of capture was the near perfect population records of the Dutch civil service, and the failure of the various Dutch county authorities to destroy those records before they could fall in German hands. The Netherlands was overrun in a matter of days, and the Germans had learned from their earlier forays into Poland and other countries to control the civil service immediately.

Unlike Denmark, where 90% of the Jews survived mostly by fleeing in a flotilla of little gentile fishing boats across the Baltic to Sweden, The Netherlands was immediately occupied and governed by Germany, and no escape for the Jews across the North Sea was practical. The loss of the vast majority of Jews, including of course, Anne Frank, remains a black mark on the nation.

Even French Jews had a path to escape through the mountains to Switzerland or Spain. The % of jews lost in the war was generally correlated to the ability to leave and the level of organization and documentation of the individual country.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
About eight to ten times more non Jews died in that war than Jews did. So why do we insist on making it all about them? Answer that.

Any other questions?

Mainly because the Dutch were extra anxious to get rid of their Jews and not too anxious to fight the Germans.

Sure, why not? Got to be some reason why Dutch Jews were eliminated at a much higher percentage than they were in Belgium and France, or anywhere else in Europe for that matter.

See, here where speculation and supposition gets you in trouble. The primary cause of the high rate of capture was the near perfect population records of the Dutch civil service, and the failure of the various Dutch county authorities to destroy those records before they could fall in German hands. The Netherlands was overrun in a matter of days, and the Germans had learned from their earlier forays into Poland and other countries to control the civil service immediately.

Unlike Denmark, where 90% of the Jews survived mostly by fleeing in a flotilla of little gentile fishing boats across the Baltic to Sweden, The Netherlands was immediately occupied and governed by Germany, and no escape for the Jews across the North Sea was practical. The loss of the vast majority of Jews, including of course, Anne Frank, remains a black mark on the nation.

Even French Jews had a path to escape through the mountains to Switzerland or Spain. The % of jews lost in the war was generally correlated to the ability to leave and the level of organization and documentation of the individual country.

Like I said, the Dutch surrendered early and easily and their civil authorities were all too willing to cooperate with their German cousins.

Last edited by JoeBob; 03/25/24.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Any other questions?

Like I said, the Dutch surrendered early and easily and their civil authorities were all too willing to cooperate with their German cousins.

Yeah, you said that. It doesn’t bother me at all when you are wrong.

Again, compare with the Danes. The Danes didn’t even fight, and negotiated for self rule. Both countries had moderate resistance levels that led to retribution actions in ‘43, including the start of round ups of the Jews. In Denmark, there were far fewer Jews than in The Netherlands, and far less concentrated.

Was there collaboration? Hell, yes, both in Denmark and in The Netherlands. The main difference was than in Denmark, the Jews were few enough that escape was possible, mostly in one night in ‘43, across the Baltic. In the Netherlands, Jewish survival depended on cooperation and protection from gentiles, at risk of death, for over two years. With all necessities of life rationed, food, fuel, clothing, travel, everything. In the harsh winter of ‘44/‘45, the population in occupied Holland was starving, literally, due to low food rations. Starving, as in eating tulip bulbs and rats. The Germans cut off all food shipments to the major Northern cities, and the allies literally made bombing runs with bread. An estimated 20,000 civilians starved to death. Hiding and keeping Jews fed under those circumstances was practically impossible.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Gilad Atzom, an ex-Jew who has written a lot on Judaism, has a simple formula: "Antisemitism used to mean you hate Jews. Now it means Jews hate you."

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Do you wonder about the distaste that people have for the race hustlers who make everything about “racism”?
I have mixed emotions on the racism issue and race hustlers. I despise the hue and cry of racism when the likes of Trayvon Martin, Michael Brown, or George Floyd end up dead because of their crimes. And the race hustlers such as Al Sharpton, Maxine Waters, and Ben Crump, et al are beneath contempt. But I was a child raised on a farm in the south in the late 50s and early 60s and I saw what was basically slavery and extreme racial discrimination. My parents weren't racist but we lived amongst an extended family and neighbors that were racist to the extreme. My father was a retired U.S Naval officer and almost 50 when I was born. We lived among my mother's relatives. In 1963 we moved to Utah for 5 years so we missed a lot of the turmoil.

Anyway, from what I witnessed as a child if I were black of that age I don't know if I would be forgiving. That said, we've made good progress in that our majority white parish (county) elected a good black lawman as sheriff for 5 terms and he served admirably and blacks enroll in our local university and work in just about all of the trades and professions here locally.

So, no I don't like race hustlers but I do understand why my best neighbor who is black and 68 years old hasn't quite let go of how his family was treated back then. I wouldn't completely let it go if it were me.

I think pre 1960s race problems in the USA being remembered correlate somewhat with the Jews and others not forgetting where anti Semitism ended up in the memory of some still living.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Fubarski
Gilad Atzom, an ex-Jew who has written a lot on Judaism, has a simple formula: "Antisemitism used to mean you hate Jews. Now it means Jews hate you."
This. Although I thought it was Joe Sobran who came up with it.

B
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by slumlord
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Are them goddam Soviet planes still in the sky? Sheesh.
How DARE you question a 79 yr old member with 20 year membership pen

No links posted, etc

He he he, you are off by over a decade. No one that I know would have believed what came over on the radio via bs national news anyway. (no fricken links available.) 😀

"You've been here longer than the State of Alaska is old!"
*** my Grandaughters

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by bearhuntr
Originally Posted by slumlord
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Are them goddam Soviet planes still in the sky? Sheesh.
How DARE you question a 79 yr old member with 20 year membership pen

No links posted, etc

He he he, you are off by over a decade. No one that I know would have believed what came over on the radio via bs national news anyway. (no fricken links available.) 😀
How 'bout pics ?
Got any pics ?

smile

B L M - Bureau of Land Management
P
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

What percentage of noncombatant Jews died out of their respective populations.

The International Red Cross, who had access to the camps throughout the war, right after the war went to great lengths to calculate an accurate figure for that, so you are in luck. They figured about 271,000 total deaths in the camps (mostly during the last months of the war, and mostly from typhus), of which about half were Jewish.

They also noted that, despite many visits to the camps during their operation, they witnessed no evidence of a mass murder program of any sort, and no gas chambers. In fact, they inspected the shower facilities in every camp to make sure they functioned correctly, so that inmates could regularly bathe themselves. No fake showers were found.

Where did you get that?

https://www.icrc.org/en/document/icrc-wwii-holocaust

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If the Jews in Europe were not rounded up and murdered what happened to them? Why were they rounded up and shipped to detention? For a country at war that would have been a huge drag on the war effort to have to locate and send millions of productive age citizens to summer camp and take them away from work and service.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If the Jews in Europe were not rounded up and murdered what happened to them? Why were they rounded up and shipped to detention? For a country at war that would have been a huge drag on the war effort to have to locate and send millions of productive age citizens to summer camp and take them away from work and service.

Only ordinary citizens were sent to forced labor in Germany. Jews were thought of so highly, they didn’t have to work in the war effort at all! Just leisure camps!

Sic Semper Tyrannis
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

You think the Germans were the ones doing the rounding up of the Jews? Ha, most countries couldn’t wait to do it for them.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

You think the Germans were the ones doing the rounding up of the Jews? Ha, most countries couldn’t wait to do it for them.
I think there is quite a bit of truth in what you say. I understand that once Romania came under German "protection" the Romanians gleefully killed their Jews.

What was the impetus to eliminate the Jews in continental Europe?

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
And I thought the discussion was about nukes.

Page 19 of 24 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 23 24

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

290 members (264mag, 1_deuce, 204guy, 260Remguy, 29aholic, 29 invisible), 2,029 guests, and 1,150 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,755
Posts18,476,345
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.