Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Lol, Slow learner huh?

I have seen all kinds of complaints about Dewalt batteries. I went with Milwaukee because I had some trouble with Dewalt corded tools and got f'ed on a warranty, I am glad they f'ed me on the warranty because I now have the absolute best cordless tools on the market.

I'm still using Milwaukee batteries from the first set I bought back in 2012.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

johnw Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 3584ELK
You do know that a flashing light on the DeWalt charging base means CHARGING, right? In fact,the label states such. When charged, you get a solid light.

Out of the 5 DeWalt charging bases I own, none have an indicator for BAD.

Every Dewalt charger has an indicator for "bad"

Yup... As indicated above, I've done this once or 2wice...

When the light flashes red very fast, and the yellow comes on as well, at normal room temperature, that indicates "bad"

Also, when the power check indicator shows 2 lights and the red goes solid indicating charging is complete within a second of a new battery being placed on a charger, according to Dewalt the battery is "bad", and will not take a charge.

Successfully charged both of the latest 4ah batteries tonight...

"Chances Will Be Taken"

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
That is very weird... but I don't run DeWalt nor Milwaukee so I can't offer a valid opinion.

Sounds kinda Leopold-ish

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

johnw Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by tedthorn
I bet you got knock offs

Agreed...

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"Chances Will Be Taken"

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Hey man, there is something diff with the new batteries that require a newer charger. Even if they charge with the old charger it won’t be to full capacity.

The knock offs are reacting the same way.

It has something to do with the newer “lifepro” or something like that battery type.

Last edited by JohnnyLoco; 03/25/24.
IC B2

johnw Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JohnnyLoco
Hey man, there is something diff with the new batteries that require a newer charger. Even if they charge with the old charger it won’t be to full capacity.

The knock offs are reacting the same way.

It has something to do with the newer “lifepro” or something like that battery type.

Note in the above image, I stuck with the older style battery packs. The charger that I have came with an XR style battery in the package.

"Chances Will Be Taken"

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I bought the ones on E-Bay and they work just like the original Dewalt batteries did. I have had them for almost two years with no problems. They are made in the USA also.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Company stuff is Milwaukee, personal stuff is Milwaukee.

Life don't suck.

I prefer peace. But if trouble must come, let it come in my time, so that my children may live in peace. ~~ Thomas Paine
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
probably three or four years ago probably three I bought a Milwaukee 18 volt grease gun. got home unboxed everything hooked up the battery would not charge.

I was further irritated and going to take it back at the first opportunity. I got the digging on the internet and learned about the jump starting these batteries. the theory behind it is it needs so much voltage to indicate to the charger to charge the battery. these batteries actually have a circuit board inside. so I dug out a Kobalt 20 volt battery that's the appropriate positives and negatives and the wires and hooked "bad" Milwaukee battery to the fully charged Kobalt battery and left it hooked up for like 30 seconds maybe a minute.
then the battery proceeded to charge just fine after that.

it has been charged and discharged many times since then but lately it has not charging correctly again . so maybe that battery was not quite right to start with anyway I don't know for sure I just wore it out...

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by johnw
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
How cold was it when you were trying to charge them? If it was below 32F, that could cause problems. Li batteries won't charge in the cold. Some chargers and some batteries will shut down until they warm up.

Outside temps today were in the high 50s, and I only had them outside for maybe 15 minutes, tops. Got them in my place, to charge, and the thermostat is at 68. Store felt like mid 60s or so.
Ok. That eliminates cold as a possible problem.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
IC B3

Campfire Greenhorn
Online Content
Campfire Greenhorn
I can't say this for sure but check what kind of battery charger you have. Years ago I had a full Craftsman 19.2 volt set and after several years the Nicad batteries started to die. I went to Sears and they now had Lithium-Ion 19.2 batteries. I bought 3 of them but was told I would need a new battery charger as the one I had would only charge Nicad batteries. I bought the new charger and never had a problem. Could it be you are trying to charge Lithium-Ion batteries on a Nicad charger? I'm throwing this out as a possibility but I could be off base.

FYI--I use Ryobi 18V One-plus stuff now (The 20 year old Craftsman stuff was passed onto my son who still has and uses them) and I have never known or heard of any of my friends to have any issues with their batteries--to include the off brand ones bought off of Ebay.

You mileage may vary...................

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
At work, the shop was moving to Milwaukee cordless equipment before I retired. All my cordless stuff at home is Milwaukee.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Bought all new Dewalt 3yrs ago, 2-6ah batteries and no problems yet. Only complaint is leaf blower burns through battery life even with 6ah.

"Drop that or by the splendor of God I will blow your heart out." Kit Carson

"Make sure you are doing what God wants you to do then do it with all your strength." George Washington
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
How come the Chinks can build what many consider the best cordless tools out there but everything else from them sucks?

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Ive run dewalt for years. Have had 1 battery fail, 6ah battery. Right out of the package. Called dewalt and they processed and sent me out another. Havent had anything but good luck to this point with dewalt

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Buy Milwaukee and genuine Milwaukee batteries and you won't have these troubles.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I wonder how many manufacturers there are that make batteries for these cordless tools.

Something tells me the tool companies aren't making their own batteries.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by mirage243
Buy Milwaukee and genuine Milwaukee batteries and you won't have these troubles.
Sort of. It's all a percentage game. At any time my employer has 5 or 6 Milwaukee tools either at the repair shop or being sent back to Milwaukee.

Probably no less than 100 different cordless tools in our building at any given time. May be closer to 200.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Use a parallel jumper to add a little charge from a known good battery. The charger will then recognize it & begin to charge.

Lithium's will discharge when sitting idle.

IF you click on "watch on you tube" this video will explain it all.

Last edited by Reloder28; 03/26/24.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Are these re-furbished batteries, or brand new ?

Lots of the cheap deals, are re-furbished batteries !

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

475 members (1beaver_shooter, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 160user, 10gaugemag, 01Foreman400, 41 invisible), 2,288 guests, and 1,109 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,509
Posts18,490,723
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.