Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Kodiakisland
All defining income ranges into classes does is divide people. There's a reason they do that. You either make enough or you don't. Either way, you make your own decisions and affect your own outcome. Do what you want, spend what you want, save what you want, and stop worrying about what others are doing.

Putting people into classes just plays into the game. Don't be pawns.

You are a Genius... for saying just that.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I don't know where I land - I mean obviously on a w2 "this is what you made last year" I do but I seem to live well below people I know who make 1/3 of what I do (quads, boats, trucks etc) and way better than people who make 3x what I do (impulse gun buys without worrying about where I am in the pay cycle) so classification is useless.

Me

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
The real question moreover is...

Do you have PHYSICALLY HOLD sufficient HARD COMMODITIES... to remain solvent when the ultimate economic collapse occurs?

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

V
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
V
Depends, 80k in the Bakken or say Bozeman isn’t really that much.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
All defining income ranges into classes does is divide people. There's a reason they do that. You either make enough or you don't. Either way, you make your own decisions and affect your own outcome. Do what you want, spend what you want, save what you want, and stop worrying about what others are doing.

A bit of brilliance in this thread.

IC B2

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by TimberRunner

A bit of brilliance in this thread.

Yup learned to do that, life teaches it if you are smart enough to listen and pay attention. I have less income than any on the whole thread. But my home is paid for as are my vehicles. Have the sptg goods I think I need and want
Gonna buy me a used hailed on 30' rv this spring and haul it up to Montana to load on Sam Olson or Conrad, maybe do a little farm and ranch work to pay my rent. Yeah and you know I got a new right knee this winter I had everyone else pay for because that is the only way you can afford one never mind your class. It's not how much money you make but how well you meet your needs with what you can afford to pay..mb

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I have enough to do what I want, live how I like. That makes me Happy-Class…..

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
I agree on all but one.

I look at folks who I know are in a similar or less situation to us regarding income.

The have gorgeous homes, new cars, motorcycles, SxS, boat, take real nice vacations...

Obviously all on payments.

But I still try to figure how this works over 30 years?

I know our mortgage payment bled a lot of our money.
One big car payment would have forced us to "manage" our money closely.
So how do they make it work?

What are we doing wrong?

My wife's take, and she is right in many cases, is that it's running on Mommy's money.

I've dumbfounded by the number of 40+ year old people whose parents continually feed them money. Buy cars, toys, pay for the grandkids activities...

It’s the tapped out lifestyle. Every penny they will make for years to come is already spent. All that’s left is the payments.

Funny thing is, more money doesn’t fix the problem. I’ve had employees that did very well and I gave them raises or good sized bonuses, and it made absolutely no difference in their life. They were as broke at $40K as they were at $30K, back when that was great money around here.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
By the OP metric, Yes - middle class. And a Millionaire according to Dave Ramsey. Sure doesn't feel like it. Wife and I drive 10 yr old cars, live in the same house for 25 years and live within our means. Bidenomics has taken a serious toll on our expendable income.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by centershot
By the OP metric, Yes - middle class. And a Millionaire according to Dave Ramsey. Sure doesn't feel like it. Wife and I drive 10 yr old cars, live in the same house for 25 years and live within our means. Bidenomics has taken a serious toll on our expendable income.

Dave Ramsey is an idiot.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Short on cash low on change.
But rich in love and other things.

J.J. Grey

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by jetjockey

Dave Ramsey is an idiot.

Yep, that's why old Dave is broke and on hard times. Cause he is so stupid.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by gunzo
Wife & I together, upper lower class if we were to be labeled.

I label me, debt free with income. Case closed.

Just a redneck livin inda hills,,,, wit a grin...

Started living that way Dec 2019! Best way to be.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D

Dave Ramsey is an idiot.

Well, then he's a very wealthy idiot.

NRA Patron
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Dutch
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
I agree on all but one.

I look at folks who I know are in a similar or less situation to us regarding income.

The have gorgeous homes, new cars, motorcycles, SxS, boat, take real nice vacations...

Obviously all on payments.

But I still try to figure how this works over 30 years?

I know our mortgage payment bled a lot of our money.
One big car payment would have forced us to "manage" our money closely.
So how do they make it work?

What are we doing wrong?

My wife's take, and she is right in many cases, is that it's running on Mommy's money.

I've dumbfounded by the number of 40+ year old people whose parents continually feed them money. Buy cars, toys, pay for the grandkids activities...

It’s the tapped out lifestyle. Every penny they will make for years to come is already spent. All that’s left is the payments.

Funny thing is, more money doesn’t fix the problem. I’ve had employees that did very well and I gave them raises or good sized bonuses, and it made absolutely no difference in their life. They were as broke at $40K as they were at $30K, back when that was great money around here.

I've floated house payment for straight commissioned sales folks making 250K +/- more than once

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

Dave Ramsey is an idiot.

Y'all besties then?
You know, birds of a feather and all.

DR fills a need.
Many people do not get any financial education from home whatsoever.
Try to imagine what it's like for someone with maybe a 9th grade education or less that works hard, makes a 'decent' living but just doesn't understand finances.
Often they wake up one day and realize that they are in way over their head, upside down in every direction.
CC companies and financiers make it so damned easy to do.

If those people will follow his advice it helps tremendously.

As for the people that get in over their heads with intent, I've not a fuq to give.

FJB & FJT
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by Raeford

Dave Ramsey is an idiot.

Y'all besties then?

DR fills a need.
Try to imagine what it's like for someone with maybe a 9th grade education or less that works hard, makes a 'decent' living but just doesn't understand finances.
Often they wake up one day and realize that they are in way over their head, upside down in every direction.

As for the people that get in over their heads with intent, I've not a fuq to give.

Having some sort of financial class in high-school would help some kids I think.

That and a good guidance counselor.

I am MAGA.
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
People with a grasp of math and finances likely aren't working in a high school.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by Raeford

Dave Ramsey is an idiot.

Y'all besties then?

DR fills a need.

Having some sort of financial class in high-school would help some kids I think.

That and a good guidance counselor.

Too busy handing out participation trophies and talking gender to do something helpful for the kids.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Ive been told I'm more of a "no-class" category.

Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

375 members (10ring1, 160user, 163bc, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 35 invisible), 1,947 guests, and 1,080 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,760
Posts18,476,494
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.