Hop To
Page 11 of 19 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 18 19
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by gregintenn
Originally Posted by steve4102
[video:youtube]https://www.youtube.com/live/MIyJgN0NYhs?si=RzUTuF8UDKS67BlL[/video]

Intensional, watch the video
First off, you should really learn to spell “intentional”.

I don’t think he has any intension of such.

GB1

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by JohnBurns
[Linked Image from media.tenor.com]

Much like the truck....that hit you face first?

Or the Cheeto's & Donuts?

FJB & FJT
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
I saw several explosions on several different videos from several different angles so I’m withholding my opinion…

Looked like tranformers poppin to my untrained eye and I bet there were a few power lines running in the bridge.

Any way, the NTSB has not yet been aboard the ship per presser a few minutes ago.

I wish I had the hind sight to start a bridge building company in Baltimore a few weeks ago. Suppressor are kinda going bonkers but I bet emergency bridge building is quite lucrative.

There will be more than one billionare made rebuilding that bridge and Biden has promised the Spice will flow.

Greybull bridge builders....

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The beauty of conspiracies is it absolves you of any accountability for the events of your own life.

Always the boogey man that kept you from being what you wanted or doing what you liked.

When that's your world lens - it's how EVERYTHING must happen otherwise your ego and world collapses. You have to take accountability.

"Hey did you hear about the Jewish cyber-attack that made my milk expire while I was on vacation?"

Me

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
There will be more than one billionare made rebuilding that bridge and Biden has promised the Spice will flow.

The companys allowed to to bid on that project will already be at least 1/2 billion liquid.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by AKwolverine
[video:youtube]https://www.youtube.com/live/MIyJgN0NYhs?si=RzUTuF8UDKS67BlL[/video]

All of this back an forth is increasing my tention level.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Teal
The beauty of conspiracies is it absolves you of any accountability for the events of your own life.

Always the boogey man that kept you from being what you wanted or doing what you liked.

When that's your world lens - it's how EVERYTHING must happen otherwise your ego and world collapses. You have to take accountability.

"Hey did you hear about the Jewish cyber-attack that made my milk expire while I was on vacation?"

This thread needs some Jag in it.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by Teal

This thread needs some Jag in it.

He's in a bunker, getting the 411 direct from Q-bert. I'm sure he's sure it's a directed energy weapon that just LOOKED like a ship.

Me

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by Raeford
"And the ship hailed mayday and indicated a possible collision before this video. Even if it was just 10 minutes before the start of this video, that's enough time for authorities to block entrance to the bridge on both sides. While the ship is clearly at fault, I have to place additional blame on the port authority for continuing to allow vehicles to cross the bridge."

That assumes assets in place[on the ready] to block both directions.

We're talking about a .gov entity here.

Yes, yes, yes, we are dealing with .gov here. So full sentiment on your thoughts. A quick thinking captain, harbor pilot, coast guard...could have called 911 and said block the bridge entrances with cop cars, fire trucks, garbage trucks, anything that a city had on the local streets that time of night. Watching it happen reminds me of the Austin Powers seen where he runs from the steamroller. Clearly this wasn't a super sudden situation and there was time to put some safety provisions in place. Geez, if the blocked just one side the bridge, that would be half as many people involved.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ldholton
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Wow.... nice work... that image leave a mark.

Please don't feed the trolls!
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by Morewood
Maritime job placement company BalticShipping shows the captain of the container ship is a Ukranian.
[img]https://assets.zerohedge.com/s3fs-p...es/2024-03-26_14-16-56.png?itok=0uE6kh_o[/img]
if that's true it won't be long until the liberals are hollering it was the Russians that hijacked it or some [bleep]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by AKwolverine

His mangling of English is as shocking as running into a high tention line!

Politics is War by Other Means
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Some good info on the incident

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by ribka
Originally Posted by JoeBob
Clearly, the only thing to do is send another $60 billion to Ukraine.
Originally Posted by Sharpsman
ATTENTION

We can't spend our $$$$$ on bridge upkeep! Those $$$$$ must go to Ukraine!!

The Putin Pufters psychosis is on full display. Some of them blame Ukraine for evey thing wrong in their lives.

From the video it looks like they got the traffic stopped before the ship hit.

Wonder how long to get the channel open with all that metal/roadway on the bottom?

Is the ship in danger of sinking?

Is Mayor Pete back on maternity leave?
I doubt the ship is in danger of sinking. It's likely a double hull with a crash bulkhead and good compartmentalization to prevent progressive flooding.

Thanks Coastie.

They sure seem fast to claim it was just an accident. It probably was a mishap but if someone had done sabotage would this not be a predictable result of losing steerage/power while upstream of the bridge?

John, I am too far removed from that aspect of shipping to be able to give a qualified answer.

Shooting from the hip, I think it would be very hard for an outsider to sabotage the ship in a way that the sabotage wouldn't become apparent until that point in their voyage. Internal sabotage? Possible I suppose, but still shooting from the hip. I have a hunch that angle will be well investigated.

Anyone know why or how a larger container ship can lose power and lose steering capabilities??

No immediate gen back up
Usually there are only 2 main generating plants, but all power is routed through the main bus ....any failure of a switch, relay, overload trip, or phase sync trip, can kill all power. The half century of automation to eliminate labor/crew has a downside. Engine crew used to have enough staff to constantly patrol and were right there...they could immediately react...perhaps holding a failed component in place manually with an insulated hotstick. Nowadays an engineering officer on watch is notified by computer or the power going off...a lot of time wasted responding...time a ship may not have.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I watched both views of that impact from behind and from in front. it certainly look like it was steered into the pillar to me..
I watch twice.... perfectly lined up on the pillar... Hell even the camera was in the right spot

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Admittedly, I know nothing about ships, a little about river barges, quite a bit about inland fishing boats, But,I still have trouble understanding why the tow boats are not required all of the way to the ocean, with a ship that size. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by milespatton
Admittedly, I know nothing about ships, a little about river barges, quite a bit about inland fishing boats, But,I still have trouble understanding why the tow boats are not required all of the way to the ocean, with a ship that size. miles
And this my friends is the key to the whole mess...the shipowners have fought this forever, it's all about the money...within seconds the pilots could have had 12,000 hp guiding the disabled hulk through the bridge footings.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by atvalaska
I watched both views of that impact from behind and from in front. it certainly look like it was steered into the pillar to me..
I watch twice.... perfectly lined up on the pillar... Hell even the camera was in the right spot

For most of the time - it doesn't have power or steerage. When it does, it went full astern (the smoke is this ship basically rolling coal to do so) and without steering in reverse on a single screw vessel - prop walked the boat. Stern goes to port - lining up the ship and drift forward into the pilling.

Human error.

Me

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I find it amusing that some of you couldnt possibly imagine this not being an accident. There currently is not enough info out there for me to form a good opinion yet, but after all the insanity we have seen in the past few years, anything is possible. This could be cyber or lord knows what. Could just be a bad accident as well. Laughing off either possibility is very short sighted

Page 11 of 19 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 18 19

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

581 members (160user, 16penny, 1234, 10gaugeman, 01Foreman400, 12344mag, 54 invisible), 2,384 guests, and 1,231 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,518
Posts18,472,519
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.