Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
The last time I saw him was at my brother's funeral 12-26-98. Of course my dad had all of his drug buddies at my brother's house stealing everything during the funeral. Some whacko finally strangled him and beat him to death with a pool stick about 6 years ago. I would piss on his grave but my sister had him cremated. Everybody is better without him. I smile thinking he knew I had kids knowingnt hat he would never get to meet them. Yes- I am an [bleep] like that. There is a lot more but that is the jist of everything. The only thing I knew growing up is knowing I didn't want to be like him. And yes- I am VERY successful.

Last edited by BadHabit; 03/26/24.

At one with the gun.

GB1

E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
Originally Posted by hillestadj
Originally Posted by earlybrd
Originally Posted by wabigoon
A former Pastor, and his daughter drowned on Leech Lake, Both were good swimmers.
Any theeries or leeds?

Swallowed too much water.
L9kn9ss m9nst9r m9ybe?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My dad is 84 now. In his prime he was MUCH a man and is still my hero. We don’t always see eye to eye, but daddy never let those things get in the way of loving me and letting me know he always had my back.

His love is absolutely unconditional.
He was a passionate when whipping my a$$ as he is when letting me know he loved me.

Remarkable man in many many ways.

I dread the day I know is coming, choking back tears now just thinking about it.

T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
Some one might post, Wayfaring Stranger.

I’m not really good at this stuff, hope I got the right wun.

A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
A former Pastor, and his daughter drowned on Leech Lake, Both were good swimmers.

The9 were knot

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
IC B2

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Tide_Change
Some one might post, Wayfaring Stranger.

I’m not really good at this stuff, hope I got the right wun.

🤣🤣

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by BadHabit
The last time I saw him was at my brother's funeral 12-26-98. Of course my dad had all of his drug buddies at my brother's house stealing everything during the funeral. Some whacko finally strangled him and beat him to death with a pool stick about 6 years ago. I would piss on his grave but my sister had him cremated. Everybody is better without him. I smile thinking he knew I had kids knowingnt hat he would never get to meet them. Yes- I am an [bleep] like that. There is a lot more but that is the jist of everything. The only thing I knew growing up is knowing I didn't want to be like him. And yes- I am VERY successful.

Dang.

I am MAGA.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Guess I’m lucky as hell. Old man is a better man than I’ll ever be. He’s one of those real Christian’s that never tells anyone he is, they know it by how he lives. Man of actions not words. Worked his ass off, provided for his family, stayed true to his wife and would give anyone the shirt off his back.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Guess I’m lucky as hell. Old man is a better man than I’ll ever be. He’s one of those real Christian’s that never tells anyone he is, they know it by how he lives. Man of actions not words. Worked his ass off, provided for his family, stayed true to his wife and would give anyone the shirt off his back.

He had some health troubles a few years ago I remember?

How is he?

I am MAGA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You peepols is shlackin.

Not mine but seems apropos for the convo.

And it's just a badass song.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Some folks might try to see how dumb you are.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

"The Ballpark burgers were free, why not eat them?"
- Wabi-
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have 4 grand sons to carry my name on , and lots of uncles sons to carry on my moms maiden name.

Norm

There is not enough darkness in all the world to put out the light of even one small candle----Robert Alden .
If it wern't entertaining, I wouldn't keep coming back.------the BigSky

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
My dad passed away on Oct. 1 while he was living at our house at 93. He was still doing fairly well till the end, some kind of cardiac event. It was fairly quick and seemed to be quite painless. He had outlived all his friends and was ready to go. Much better than rotting in a hospital bed with tubes down your throat and up your dick. About a clean of an exit as you could hope for. Good end for a good man.

But yeah, it sure leaves a hole in your life than will never be filled.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
my dad died when he was 71yo. the night he died, he was going to the Clevland Heart Clinic early the next morning. Dad went to sleep and sometime later he had a massive heart attack.

it will be 2 years since he died. everyday i think about him. everyday i miss him. my dad has 3 sons and 4 grandsons. they say that time will heal all wounds, BS, it never gets better.

"Russia sucks."
---- Me, US Army (retired) 12B & 51B

Russian Admiral said, after the Moskva sank, "we have the world's worst navy but we aren't as bad as our army".

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
After my Dad died I began to realize much, much more about how great a man he was. I loved him dearly as he did all of us - that was the simple norm - and for 70 years I had somehow taken his excellent qualities and actions for granted.

Weren't all dads like mine? I assumed so when a kid. Brilliant, very athletic, strong Christian, always learning, hard working, true to my Mom and our family in every way, tough yet kind and loving, made sure we had everything we needed and just a bit of what we wanted. Built a career from zero scratch and contributed to most of the lives around him.

I am grateful that he and I had such wonderful times together and that I was able to tell and show him that I loved and appreciated him. But, after he left here it became more and more clear that I had not done enough. Given my experience as a father and the still growing evidence that all dads are not the same, the memory of Dad is more and more touching.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Mornin, yep miss him big time! We used to hunt, trap, fish together. I not only lost my father but also my best friend. Mom died to young (cancer). Dad was last of his generation, all brothers died way before him. Even with him around I still felt childish now & again, once he was gone you feel all alone & it's about time to put on your big boy pants & grow up!! GWPGUY. 🐾👣🇨🇦

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Mine died when I was 22, he was 52. That was 52 years ago, and I often find myself wishing he'd lived long enough for my kids to have known him. I believe that children benefit from having a good relationship with grandparents, as I know I did. I was very fortunate to have had the best grandparents anyone could have asked for, and I am trying to be that to my grandkids.

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
On April 20 th it will be 7 yrs. We were not all that close , we even argued a lot. he was loud, outspoken and gave out way too many opinions. I, like my mom , am much more soft spoken, and would much rather not say much until I have to.. I'm sure I have avoided much trouble in my life by talking a little less. The 1st year I was miserable. The second year was a little better. Now, after 7 yrs. I am not bummed out about it. I still miss his phone calls to ask if I saw any deer or got any fish. I'm ok with it now,, even joke about it sometimes. My son,, crazy as it sounds is almost exactly like both of us mixed together. My son, like my dad , very hard working, and outspoken. Me, I would take off any time I can to go fishing or hunting. I am a big money saver,, but then will spend if the price is right.. Dad hardly spent an extra dime. Scolded me once for buying a 15 cent soda after winning a little league game.. He would have thrown a fit if he knew mom treated the whole team to a soda. He was that frugal. He went fast. He was even making bid houses till two weeks before he died and worked in the yard the week before he died , but sat down and said, I just cant do it anymore. A few weeks late , he goes to the hospital and 4 days later he died.. Glad it was not a long prolonged disabled death.. That is my biggest fear.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
My life sort of started out new again.

Any of you folks?
I didn't know your dad, so his passing didn't really affect me at all.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by JamesJr
Mine died when I was 22, he was 52. That was 52 years ago, and I often find myself wishing he'd lived long enough for my kids to have known him. I believe that children benefit from having a good relationship with grandparents, as I know I did. I was very fortunate to have had the best grandparents anyone could have asked for, and I am trying to be that to my grandkids.

It's apparently not as common or important to used to be.

I am MAGA.
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

567 members (16penny, 160user, 10gaugemag, 1936M71, 06hunter59, 55 invisible), 2,421 guests, and 1,277 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,524
Posts18,472,626
Members73,939
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.