Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Funny how a pit bull apologist describes his rooster ain’t it?
Sorry. I mean, ain't he sweet and delicate looking? He just loves the smell of flowers.

Did I do it right that time?

GB1

E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by ShadeTree
Originally Posted by earlybrd
Originally Posted by ShadeTree
Originally Posted by earlybrd
Pullets are hi as giraffe nuts

You aren't kidding. Paid $9.80 a piece for this yrs batch. That's way up. We get every 2 to 3 yrs........usually have a hen or 2 sit on eggs or we sometimes incubate our own, but eventually the fox around here seem to get them knocked down enough we got to bring in new blood. $9.80 a piece. Good gracious this economy is screwed up.
Schit try $15-25 a piece around here I got the perfect setup but no time 🤯

I don't have the receipt for 2019, but do have it from 2022. In 2022 they were $7.65. If memory serves me right in 2019 they were between $5-6$. We get from a Mennonite/Amish operation that does custom butchering of chickens for small flocks raised for meat, and gets in orders for layer pullets several times a yr. We always get the red stars. Guess I shouldn't complain based on your prices, but when it's nearly double from 5 yrs ago, it makes you sit up and take notice.
Ya I could make bank ain’t that hard to do got a corporation to run 🤯🤯retirement one day 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️😂

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I get a dozen+ chicken and duck eggs every week for free from the neighbor as they free range on my property. Have no idea what people pay for eggs.

Don't just be a survivor, be a competitor.
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I'm crap at chicken math - so now have 11 of them. And a duck hen. And 4 new layer ducklings as of Wednesday. And two goslings as of Wednesday as well.

You think pullets are spendy, go buy a couple Toulouse geese. Dayamn!!! I mean D-A-Y-A-M-N!!!

I talked to the local feed store folks about how to get those really trendy deep orange yolks. They're nice and golden already, but if you put some pepper flakes in with the feed and scratch grains - voila! And a lot easier to obtain than marigold petals.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Scott_Thornley
I'm crap at chicken math - so now have 11 of them. And a duck hen. And 4 new layer ducklings as of Wednesday. And two goslings as of Wednesday as well.

You think pullets are spendy, go buy a couple Toulouse geese. Dayamn!!! I mean D-A-Y-A-M-N!!!

I talked to the local feed store folks about how to get those really trendy deep orange yolks. They're nice and golden already, but if you put some pepper flakes in with the feed and scratch grains - voila! And a lot easier to obtain than marigold petals.

Chicken math! I think that they’re pretty good at multiplication……given the right conditions! 😂 memtb

Last edited by memtb; 04/07/24.

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I just read where Kroger reported a 35.6% profit increase from '22 to '23 and Publix was up 49% in the same period. That is why we are seeing such a substantial increase in our grocery bills lately. Tell me that there isn't price fixing out there in corporate America. They won't let this Texas bird flu outbreak go unnoticed either. Reminds me of the petroleum industry. One refinery goes down or they change the seasonal gas formula and the gasoline price goes nuts. Price gouging at its finest.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Alot of these corporations took Piglosi's advice, Dont let a good crisis go to waste or better yet create your own

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
The Wall Street Journal has a commentary today -- or was it yesterday ? -- basically saying to us worker peasants, "Let them eat cake." Nothing to be concerned about. The mega-rich have bountiful pantries, full refrigerators, and plenty of gas in the tanks of their Range Rovers and Jaguars. What's to worry?

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Leanwolf
The Wall Street Journal has a commentary today -- or was it yesterday ? -- basically saying to us worker peasants, "Let them eat cake." Nothing to be concerned about. The mega-rich have bountiful pantries, full refrigerators, and plenty of gas in the tanks of their Range Rovers and Jaguars. What's to worry?

L.W.

Yep. Ole Nasty Nancy Piglosi has her $20K Fridge stocked full of “Diva” Ice Cream that cost $1k per quart. 🤪

Last edited by chlinstructor; 04/07/24.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Windfall
I just read where Kroger reported a 35.6% profit increase from '22 to '23 and Publix was up 49% in the same period. That is why we are seeing such a substantial increase in our grocery bills lately. Tell me that there isn't price fixing out there in corporate America. They won't let this Texas bird flu outbreak go unnoticed either. Reminds me of the petroleum industry. One refinery goes down or they change the seasonal gas formula and the gasoline price goes nuts. Price gouging at its finest.

More and more people are catching on to more and more things.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
IC B3

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Makes you kinda pissed off for all the support we gave big business during 2000, 2008, and 2012.

Now that the democrats have partnered up with Big Business and Wall Street the country is fugged.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

L.W.

Yep. Ole Nasty Nancy Piglosi has her $20K Fridge stocked full of “Diva” Ice Cream that cost $1k per quart. 🤪

Jenni’s

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by slumlord
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

L.W.

Jenni’s

I wouldn’t know. When I’m feeling Niqqer “rich”, I buy Baskin Robbins. Otherwise I buy Blue Bell. 😬

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by Greyghost
If this bird-flu takes hold like it did a couple years ago, egg prices will be climbing again in quick order.

Phil

Fùck off SyPhillis.

FIFY !

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
SupFoo Online Content OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Where this is Headed

Chicken owners required to register with UK gov’t

All chicken owners will soon be forced to register with the United Kingdom government or face up to six months in prison or a £5,000 fine. The government’s new regulations come as the country tries to prevent another bird flu outbreak.

“Under the changes announced last month, there will be new requirements for all bird keepers – regardless of the size of their flock – to officially register their birds,” a Bolton Council press release stated.

The press release added, “Owners will need to provide information, including their contact details, the location where birds are kept and details of the birds, such as species, number and what they are kept for.”

If chicken owners do not register their birds, they could be fined up to £5,000 or face six months in prison, according to The Telegraph.

American Military News

China Joe is salivating at the chance to lower the boom on you chicken owners. Stop the flu or something.

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
I just bought 3 doz at Quicktrip for 1.43 a doz.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
A ramp elevated 12” isn’t stopping a snake

Gee, ya think?
gopher (bull) snake goin' after some eggs and chicks about 5' up a locust tree

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

another one shinnied up a t-post to get into this bird house

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
One foot elevation will prevent snakes from casually entering, for the most part (much better than a ground level hatch). For snakes that are actually after something inside, you'd be better served with a hatch much higher up and, naturally, the hatch has to be able to close up at night to protect them from night predators.

[Linked Image]

Elevation is a deterrence, not a 100% foolproof solution. There will always be exceptions. And, of course, different species of snakes have different abilities.

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

548 members (06hunter59, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 16gage, 60 invisible), 2,777 guests, and 1,240 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,644
Posts18,512,449
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.