Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JohnBurns
Originally Posted by shrapnel
Originally Posted by mark shubert
[quote=shrapnel][Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
That's really damn good, and impressive! 'Specially for the piano player!

(Just a friendly ribbing, Shrap!)

You've done VERY well! I'm jealous!
Thanks, it’s a shame that 2 idiots feel compelled to pollute something as simple as some success at hunting. Montana has provided and continues to provide hunting opportunities not available anywhere else. I am fortunate to have had the drawings for the permits of the moose, sheep and goat in a state that is blessed with all of them…
So anyone but you who posts in this thread is polluting? Maybe you should include posting rules in your OP so you can enjoy a more pure posting experience here on the 24hr Campfire. We love to cater to the whim of the special snowflakes and their safe spaces.

Also please explain to the class how Wyoming and Idaho don't provide the same hunting.

Thanks in advance and again, we are all here wanting to give you safe space to post.

It's the 24hr Campfire way.

It is obvious as the Cheeto stains on your shirt. The 2 most vocal braggarts that are self proclaimed best of the best, weren’t able to accomplish the same feat in Wyoming or any other state…

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Good job killing various animals on all that time off work.

The working man is quite impressed.

What he sez ^^^^^

But, that being said, nice pictures! Maybe in my next lifetime!!

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
The funniest part is that Burns and Buzzie have all these pictures loaded all the time incase they feel threatened and need a little validation.

I bet Burnsie has a picture of the condom wrapper Buzzie used on him the time they went to the Sadie Hawkins Dance.

Well take a moment and load your pictures, LiL Jimmy.

You seem quite adept at posting pictures when Grifting the Campfire for freebies.

Load up them hunting picts and post away. We have a minute or 3.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Who's "we"?
You and your sidekick[s] Butt and Mugly?
Nary anyone else here seems to be the least bit concerned over it.

FJB & FJT
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Individual pictures to try and get back on track…

E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
For fatfuk Jonny

IC B2

G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Talking hunting with geedubya the other night and discussing the virtues of different states and what they have to offer in regards to hunting. G from Texas and me from Montana, we had a good dialogue, although he wouldn't agree with me that Montana was better.

We talked about grand slams of turkeys and sheep. Although I will never accomplish either, I told him I had gotten the big 10 of Montana and he said I should publish it here on the campfire. I haven't ever been big on chasing trophies as much as what guns I could use in the attempt to get big game animals. I will admit when It came to drawings, I was looking for trophy animals.

I have been fortunate enough to have gotten all 10:

Great post and photos Kirk.

Just saw this, as I was at my lease in the Texas hill country chillin' and killin' stuff most all last week and overdid it on the heat. Think it had something to do with working on a certain critter for six hours in the direct sun.

Final total, 6 hoglets, 2 coons, some brewskis and a Zebu bull.

Yes, I always enjoy our conversations. You may even count me as a fanboi'. Not many folks about which I will say.

One thing we do have in common is : "I haven't ever been big on chasing trophies as much as what guns I could use in the attempt to get big game animals."

I'm with you on that, 100%. I personally have never "scored" an animal. Weighed, yes, scored, no.

But I must need make a minor point......

I've been to Montana twice, once on a combo Elk/Mule Deer hunt, and the second on a motorcycle tour with two dozen other guys.

When I think of Montana, the John Steinbeck quoute comes to mind...... “Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans”

If I'd have been born there I'd probably have never left. But alas that was not the case.

I am also a fan of Teddy Roosevelt (one of the reasons I used the 405 Double, as WWTD) on the African Zebu, a quote of which his authorship is dubious, but fits....

"Do what you can with what you've got where you are."

I think my bones could rest easy in Montana, but since I am in Texas, I'm content to make do!

ya!

GWB

Last edited by geedubya; 04/08/24.

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by geedubya
Talking hunting with geedubya the other night and discussing the virtues of different states and what they have to offer in regards to hunting. G from Texas and me from Montana, we had a good dialogue, although he wouldn't agree with me that Montana was better.

We talked about grand slams of turkeys and sheep. Although I will never accomplish either, I told him I had gotten the big 10 of Montana and he said I should publish it here on the campfire. I haven't ever been big on chasing trophies as much as what guns I could use in the attempt to get big game animals. I will admit when It came to drawings, I was looking for trophy animals.

I have been fortunate enough to have gotten all 10:

Great post and photos Kirk.

Just saw this, as I was at my lease in the Texas hill country chillin' and killin' stuff most all last week and overdid it on the heat. Think it had something to do with working on a certain critter for six hours in the direct sun.

Yes, I always enjoy our conversations. You may even count me as a fanboi'. Not many folks about which I will say.

One thing we do have in common is : "I haven't ever been big on chasing trophies as much as what guns I could use in the attempt to get big game animals."

I'm with you on that, 100%. I personally have never "scored" an animal. Weighed, yes, scored, no.

But I must need make a minor point......

I've been to Montana twice, once on a combo Elk/Mule Deer hunt, and the second on a motorcycle tour with two dozen other guys.

When I think of Montana, the John Steinbeck quoute comes to mind...... “Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans”

If I'd have been born there I'd probably have never left. But alas that was not the case.

I am also a fan of Teddy Roosevelt (one of the reasons I used the 405 Double, as WWTD) on the African Zebu, a quote of which his authorship is dubious, but fits....

"Do what you can with what you've got where you are."

I think my bones could rest easy in Montana, but since I am in Texas, I'm content to make do!

ya!

GWB

Before you get too gamey yourself, you need to pack up some of those rifles and bring ‘em up here and take advantage of our target rich environment. It isn’t any farther to come to Montana than it is for me to go to Texas, and I already dun shot one you’all’s pigs…

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Well take a moment and load your pictures, LiL Jimmy.

You seem quite adept at posting pictures when Grifting the Campfire for freebies.

Load up them hunting picts and post away. We have a minute or 3.

Originally Posted by Raeford
Who's "we"?
You and your sidekick[s] Butt and Mugly?
Nary anyone else here seems to be the least bit concerned over it.

Well the "we" is me and the OP of the thread. We think those without pictures should zip the lips on their cock holster, quit being negative Nellys, and enjoy the splendid pixels provided here in.

Individual pictures to try and get back on track…

Please respect our wishes and the OP and I Thank for your attention to this matter.

Lets keep this on track.

While not listed in the Montana Big 10 turkeys require a tags so here is a nice turkey picture.

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
Did you and Bumfuk buzz hold hands for the eclipse🥴

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I'm back after serving over a year's long sentence in posting prison. Can only be on my best behavior - probation officer will not be lenient. Love to see all the MT slams.

I'll never get all the original 10- Grizzly is out of the possibility for me in MT I believe. Bison for me, is unlikely and I apply in other states also. I was sitting next to my father-in-law when he took an excellent Bison near Gardiner in 2005, making all-time B&C.

I've had luck in the MT system, taking Moose, Sheep and Goat, as well as wolf, few lions bears, and all the other vanilla stuff. I have also take all of the MT animals of those I've taken on public land, none guided.

Here's an assortment of my MT slam - including the FIL's bison.
MT Bighorn - Spanish Peaks Wilderness 2021
[Linked Image]
MT Black Bear, one of around 25 from MT, Lewis and Clark National Forest May 2014
[Linked Image]
MT Whitetail deer, Muddy Creek near Homestead, MT, 1983, my 1st buck
[Linked Image]
MT Cougar, Gallatin Range 2005
[Linked Image]
One of more than 2 dozen 6X6 of better MT bull elk, 2010, Spanish Peaks Wilderness
[Linked Image]
Shiras Moose, Blacktail WMA, 2007
[Linked Image]
Wolf - Spanish Peaks, 2015
[Linked Image]
Mule Deer, one of around 20 MT 4X4 or better bucks, Rocky Mtn Front, 2004
[Linked Image]
Pronghorn, one of maybe 30 MT bucks, Little Porcupine Creek, 2002
[Linked Image]
Mt goat, Spanish Peaks, 2012
[Linked Image]

Last edited by Greenhorn; 04/08/24.
IC B3

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Bison, Gardiner, taken by my FIL at the time in 2006

[Linked Image]

G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Mighty fine.

Green with envy here!

Best,

GWB

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
Nice😎

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Shrapnel, thanks for starting an amazing picture show with your Big Ten.

It brought out some of the best Montana hunting pics I have seen. Makes me wish my Dad and Grandfather would have brought a long a camera when I started hunting in the 50's . We took some nice trophies over the years and saved the horns, but never had any mounted. But we had a pile of horns until my son's started taking theirs home and I sold the rest.
All of you contributors have brought back memories--good ones!

Ken

E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
Greenhorn hell of a bow kill on that prong horn👍

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Greenhorn
I'm back after serving over a year's long sentence in posting prison. Can only be on my best behavior - probation officer will not be lenient. Love to see all the MT slams.

I'll never get all the original 10- Grizzly is out of the possibility for me in MT I believe. Bison for me, is unlikely and I apply in other states also. I was sitting next to my father-in-law when he took an excellent Bison near Gardiner in 2005, making all-time B&C.

I've had luck in the MT system, taking Moose, Sheep and Goat, as well as wolf, few lions bears, and all the other vanilla stuff. I have also take all of the MT animals of those I've taken on public land, none guided.

Here's an assortment of my MT slam - including the FIL's bison.
MT Bighorn - Spanish Peaks Wilderness 2021
[Linked Image]
MT Black Bear, one of around 25 from MT, Lewis and Clark National Forest May 2014
[Linked Image]
MT Whitetail deer, Muddy Creek near Homestead, MT, 1983, my 1st buck
[Linked Image]
MT Cougar, Gallatin Range 2005
[Linked Image]
One of more than 2 dozen 6X6 of better MT bull elk, 2010, Spanish Peaks Wilderness
[Linked Image]
Shiras Moose, Blacktail WMA, 2007
[Linked Image]
Wolf - Spanish Peaks, 2015
[Linked Image]
Mule Deer, one of around 20 MT 4X4 or better bucks, Rocky Mtn Front, 2004
[Linked Image]
Pronghorn, one of maybe 30 MT bucks, Little Porcupine Creek, 2002
[Linked Image]
Mt goat, Spanish Peaks, 2012
[Linked Image]

Good to see you back, Kurt. If that proby officer get uppity let me know.

Had to kick a few problem children to the curb so it's nice to get a quality poster back here on the Campfire.

John Burns

I have all the sources.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by BuzzH
Shrappie Baldwin is a phony prick...

Posts this picture on one site, because the guys there are mostly guys that hunt public land:

[Linked Image from photos.imageevent.com]

Then on another site, you know, have to pretend to be buddies with the dirt farmer:

I've never seen anyone that carries 3 sets of costumes, 10 different rifles, and moves animals around to take phony pictures.

Just bizarre.

Holy shit!

LMFAO!

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Great pics everyone.

In NM, it’s normal to not draw a tag for anything you apply for.

Pretty dismal

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
Originally Posted by rcamuglia

Posts this picture on one site, because the guys there are mostly guys that hunt public land:

Then on another site, you know, have to pretend to be buddies with the dirt farmer:

I've never seen anyone that carries 3 sets of costumes, 10 different rifles, and moves animals around to take phony pictures.

Just bizarre.

Holy shit!

LMFAO!
Ain’t you got a crème pie to bake

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Just bizarre.

Originally Posted by rcamuglia
Holy shit!

LMFAO!

Originally Posted by earlyDrunk
I have a crème pie to eat but this needs a bump

Shrappy Baldwin's Grizzly claim is pretty unusual. No pictures but a skull and hide.

Based on his past faked posts and pictures it's interesting.

I would never call her a liar but based on past posting if others said such things I would not be suprised.

John Burns

I have all the sources.

Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

585 members (12344mag, 007FJ, 10Glocks, 10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 57 invisible), 2,056 guests, and 1,261 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,044
Posts18,482,116
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.