Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by CashisKing
Originally Posted by Strop10
Originally Posted by Johnny Dollar
In Nebraska, it is illegal to carry a gun in church unless the church follows a specific format of informing the congregation. When I spoke with a deputy sheriff about someone carrying a gun without the church following that procedure he told me that unless you were a complete idiot and flashed the gun around recklessly no one would know that you had it and if you had to use it in a shooting situation for defense of your life or others, there isn’t a judge in the state who would allow prosecution….fwiw

I wouldn't bet on that holding true.

I think you are an idiot... or a troll.

Then everyone hiring an attorney for legal advice/representation is an idiot since they could just go ask a member of law enforcement for the same service fot free.

GB1

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Then everyone hiring an attorney for legal advice/representation is an idiot since they could just go ask a member of law enforcement for the same service fot free.

You are very wrong...

LEO responds to what they believe is an infraction of State/Commonwealth Code (i.e. Legislated Laws).

LEOs are NOT lawyers... they are arresting agents of the Courts.

Many times the DA or CA backs them... but many times the DA or CA does not back them.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
In Nebraska, it is illegal to carry a gun in church unless the church follows a specific format of informing the congregation. When I spoke with a deputy sheriff about someone carrying a gun without the church following that procedure he told me that unless you were a complete idiot and flashed the gun around recklessly no one would know that you had it and if you had to use it in a shooting situation for defense of your life or others, there isn’t a judge in the state who would allow prosecution….fwiw

You are very wrong...

LEO responds to what they believe is an infraction of State/Commonwealth Code (i.e. Legislated Laws).

Many times the DA or CA backs them... but many times the DA or CA does not back them.

So why am I an idiot for saying I doubt the legal advice provided by the deputy concerning Nebraska judges' views on the law intended to prevent peaceable church attendees from being armed?

What insult will i receive for noticing the legal advice giving deputy is exempt from the carry in church prohibition?

https://nebraskalegislature.gov/laws/statutes.php?statute=28-1202.01

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

You are very wrong...

So why am I an idiot for saying I doubt the legal advice provided by the deputy concerning Nebraska judges' views on the law intended to prevent peaceable church attendees from being armed?

What insult will i receive for noticing the legal advice giving deputy is exempt from the carry in church prohibition?

Actually, you don’t have to say anything and you are still an idiot…

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by shrapnel

You are very wrong...

Actually, you don’t have to say anything and you are still an idiot…

You are upset at me and anyone else who isn't an idiot or at least isn't gullible.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/19151495/nra-haters-forum

IC B2

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Strop10,

Are you calling me an idiot and/or liar?

You seem to be posing as an expert in the law. Where and when did you get your degree? Are you licensed in Nebraska?

“My horn is full and my pouch is stocked with ball and patch. There is a new, sharp flint in my lock and my rifle and I are ready. It is sighted true and my eyes can still aim.”
Kaywoodie
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Strop10,

You seem to be posing as an expert in the law. Where and when did you get your degree? Are you licensed in Nebraska?

Don't worry about Strop10...

He was bridge expert 2 weeks ago...

And a Murder Hornet expert before that...

And so on... and so forth...

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Strop10,

The deputy you referenced has no law degree in Nebraska, but is exempt from the law you mentioned.

If you end up having to shoot someone in a church in Nebraska(without jumping through the hoops you detailed) and get saddled with an anti 2A/authoritarian judge(very common) the deputy's legal advise and a dollar will buy you a cup of coffee.

It should also be noted that the deputy(who is exempt from the law) could enhance his career/improve his lot in life by making an arrest for a violation of the law you referenced.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
I have decided that to watch others be slaughtered is just something I could never live with. I carry everywhere, always!
Sometime I wonder in church if I'm the only one, In Idaho, probably not, thankfully!

Last edited by Heavybullets; 04/11/24.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Strop10,

1) since I did not say any of that, what does that make you?

2) specific to this topic(and since I have to be wrong) what legal protections will the phrase "a deputy said I could _______" provide you in court after a self defense shooting?

IC B3

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Strop10,

And he dominates every thread he post on in an effort to make it about him. That makes him a troll.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Jim1611
Strop10,

And he dominates every thread he post on in an effort to make it about him. That makes him a troll.

What have I posted to make it about me in any thread?

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

205 members (14idaho, 16penny, 308xray, 450yukon, 2ndwind, 30 invisible), 1,843 guests, and 1,118 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,864
Posts18,478,626
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.