Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
4 banger with a 8 speed transmission, no thanks. I'll take the tried and true v6 and 5 speed but I'd rather the V8 they put in the Gen 4s for a few years.

[Linked Image]

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
The Land Cruiser will be a better value... IF you can get one...

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I am very familiar with the 4 cylinder hybrids... They are most impressive.

The 2025 4Runner is not a hybrid.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I'll just keep my '22 4 Runner 6 banger without the turbo 4.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by DBT
The motor looks like a can of worms. I wouldn't want to be the guy who has to work on it.

I'd hate to be the guy who has to pay for that thing to get worked on after the warranty expires!

Probably 2 or 3 hours of labor just to get at the engine. It's like they forgot stuff and just threw it on anywhere they could fit it.

In 2004 I got a new Tundra. Best truck I've ever owned. 2019 the wife got a new 4Runner and she loves it. Finally content with the vehicles we had, I thought that I'd never buy anything but Toyotas again.

Then they go and muck it all up with little turbos, giant lap tops stuck on the dash and plastic everywhere.

Guess I'm done with Toyota.

"An open message for all Democrats; "Look you are nothing and your work is worthless. Anyone who chooses you is detestable."
Isaiah 41:24 (HCSB)

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
it can't beat this
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Sam......

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by Seven_Heaven
Originally Posted by DBT
The motor looks like a can of worms. I wouldn't want to be the guy who has to work on it.

I'd hate to be the guy who has to pay for that thing to get worked on after the warranty expires!

Probably 2 or 3 hours of labor just to get at the engine. It's like they forgot stuff and just threw it on anywhere they could fit it.

In 2004 I got a new Tundra. Best truck I've ever owned. 2019 the wife got a new 4Runner and she loves it. Finally content with the vehicles we had, I thought that I'd never buy anything but Toyotas again.

Then they go and muck it all up with little turbos, giant lap tops stuck on the dash and plastic everywhere.

Guess I'm done with Toyota.

Best take good care of what you have because all the manufacturers are moving in the same direction, forced by our government run by environmentalist wackos.

I figure if the Cubans can drive 70 year old vehicles, I can continue to patch my 20 year old ones. But that certainly is not a panacea.

Last edited by RJY66; 04/11/24.

"Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants". --- William Penn

B
BLG Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by CashisKing
I am very familiar with the 4 cylinder hybrids... They are most impressive.

The 2025 4Runner is not a hybrid.

There is a youtube video going over a 2025 TRD pro. It does have an option for hybrid. Might be in the upper levels, but definitely will be hybrid. Seem to remember him saying base line of 280hp and the hybrid having 310hp.

I want to see what the limited model will look like. One thing in the video, it has very little second row leg and head room. He also said there were 9 different variations. From base model SR5 up to whatever one has the supreme off road package with the snorkel. I will reserve judgement until I see the Limited. But, at first glance, not sure it will be for us with the lack of interior space.

Clyde

The liberal mind is an endless black hole of stupidity.
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
I just missed out on a '96 4 runner that was in awesome condition. Friends husband was selling it for 6k. Had all service records nicely in a binder in clear plastic pages. Of course it sold within a day.

I'm looking for a tacoma now for my son but they sure are proud of the used ones. Looking at ones in the late 'teens that didn't have the turbo but still have backup cams, brake assist. Even ones pushing 100k miles are in the 30k range.

What's powertrain warranty on a toyota these days? Toyota dealership by the house has 84month/100k on theirs. Didn't know if that was across the board or not.

Last edited by killerv; 04/11/24.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
No thanks,
I'll just keep putt-putting along my 99 Frontier and 04 Hoe.

FJB & FJT
IC B3

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by devnull
Turbo 4 cylinder? If so, easy pass.

Yeah....dumb move.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by Raeford
No thanks,

First truck I ever bought with my own money out of highschool was the 4 door when they came out, mine was a 99 or a 00. I babied that thing....I was proud of it. It had more problems, heat shields always breaking, transmission control modules, real main seals, blown head gasket. I think some time in the late 90s was about the last of the good nissans. Everyone I have known who has bought a nissan since has had a ton of issues whether it be pathfinders, altimas, maximas. Buddy bought an '06 frontier because he loved mine but he added a transmission cooler and its still running, but it only has about 50k on it by now, only uses it when hunting.

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
From reviews I've read of the 4runner, I think I'd spent a few more G's and get a Lexus GX 550.

U.S. government was established to represent citizens, NOT TO RULE OVER THEM.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by killerv
No thanks,

First truck I ever bought with my own money out of highschool was the 4 door when they came out, mine was a 99 or a 00. I babied that thing....I was proud of it. It had more problems, heat shields always breaking, transmission control modules, real main seals, blown head gasket. I think some time in the late 90s was about the last of the good nissans. Everyone I have known who has bought a nissan since has had a ton of issues whether it be pathfinders, altimas, maximas. Buddy bought an '06 frontier because he loved mine but he added a transmission cooler and its still running, but it only has about 50k on it by now, only uses it when hunting.

238K with no major issues on the V6 or manual trans.
It's my 5th Datsun/Nissan PU going back to a 76 Datsun.
None have had any major issues.
I'm just going to keep it and the Tahoe up.

FJB & FJT
M
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
M
Not going to trade in my 2021 anytime soon.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by BigNate
Originally Posted by WYcoyote
I've seen smaller screens at drive-in movie theaters.

That stupid thing sticking up would be a deal breaker for me. The whole thing looks hideous.

My thoughts also. It looks way too big and out of place.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
They will be selling them faster than they can make them....

laissez les bons temps rouler
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by killerv
No thanks,

238K with no major issues on the V6 or manual trans.
It's my 5th Datsun/Nissan PU going back to a 76 Datsun.
None have had any major issues.
I'm just going to keep it and the Tahoe up.

Yeah, if not mistaken, the 04 didn't have the cylinder shutoff yet, their engines have been down hill ever since.

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
All that off road capability for folks that NEVER get off road.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by wilkeshunter
All that off road capability for folks that NEVER get off road.

Don't forget, you have to add the traction boards somewhere to it to look cool, all the ones I see have never been used.

Actually bought a set a few months back, literally used them the first week when a buddy called me that he was stuck. A tow truck won't leave the paved road where we are at. Saved him a bunch of money and trouble. They worked like a champ and there were cheap ones.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

155 members (6mmCreedmoor, 10gaugemag, 44mc, 2500HD, 35, 15 invisible), 1,618 guests, and 993 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,119
Posts18,483,570
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.