Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Stick (or anyone else) - Any actual use/reviews on the Tract Toric ELR line of scopes? Looking at getting into NRL22 and not in a position to drop 2K+ on glass at this time.

Thanks

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Prepare for 10 pages of insults and words that are not really words lol

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gunchamp
Prepare for 10 pages of insults and words that are not really words lol
It's the way of the 'Stick. But, he's our Stick. The guy knows some things but be prepared for a potpourri of insults and "hints". Interesting question. 69 do you have a link to the scope you are looking at ??

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I have a vast experience of sighting 1 3-15 Toric on an exceptionally accurate rifle, so, less than 10MOA of total turret twisting and 15 shots to have a precise 200yd zero.

Not the scope you asked about and a very low round count/amount of actual turret adjustments. So, that should tell you everything you need to know about the unrelated optic you're questioning.

Just thought I'd get things kicked off in the right direction. In all seriousness, I hope you get some useful info.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
You my friend, just made Stumpy's day. He lives for this schitt. Not much of a social life, for someone living on Prince of Wales Island, by himself. Heck the county seat there has like 1200 people in it.

Enjoy yourself Schtick!

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

IC B2

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Big Stick has always been up front and very decent to me , but he might be gone working for a while ,sooner or later he will answer for you. Pete53

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by kwg020
69 do you have a link to the scope you are looking at ?? kwg

https://tractoptics.com/toric-4-25x50-34mm-mrad-elr-rifle-scope

Yes, I realize I'm opening a can of worms but if you can wade through the language and insults, there's a HINT of information to occasionally be found.

The reality is, maybe an ARKEN EP5 would do 99.9% of what I probably need it to do. I'd rather buy something I wanted, vs settling.

I can get a 20% discount on the scope, so around 1200.00. Although I'd like to find a clean used one for some additional savings. Pretty positive reviews on youtube, but don't put a lot of faith in things that may be paid advertisements vs real world use.

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
There's another forum out there where 'Stick posts.
I'll not post the name of it here, as it's currently free of leg-humpers and I'd prefer it stay that way (I don't even post there, I just read). You can actually read a thread where Big Stick is involved sans the bullshit. There's about 15 years worth of pretty decent info over there if you want to sift through it. It is a slower moving forum than the campfire.

Be aware, you will still have to translate........

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by Potsy
There's another forum out there where 'Stick posts.
I'll not post the name of it here, as it's currently free of leg-humpers and I'd prefer it stay that way (I don't even post there, I just read). You can actually read a thread where Big Stick is involved sans the bullshit. There's about 15 years worth of pretty decent info over there if you want to sift through it. It is a slower moving forum than the campfire.

Be aware, you will still have to translate........

But do not post anything on that sight that might be considered in the least bit poetic.

Fer' sure if you're from Tejas.

Ask me how I know!

ya!

GWB

Last edited by geedubya; 04/11/24.

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Everything is bigger in Texas,especially The Whine from well practiced Professional Victims. Hint.

Rather than reinvent the fhuqking wheel,Tract woulda' been farrrrrrr ahead from inception,to acknowledge and roll with LOW proven merits. They are starting to connect dots and I may throw a dart at the board. Couldn't be any fhuqking worse,than a new Reupold! Hint.

Just sayin'.............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 69sportfury

Yes, I realize I'm opening a can of worms but if you can wade through the language and insults, there's a HINT of information to occasionally be found.

The reality is, maybe an ARKEN EP5 would do 99.9% of what I probably need it to do. I'd rather buy something I wanted, vs settling.

I can get a 20% discount on the scope, so around 1200.00. Although I'd like to find a clean used one for some additional savings. Pretty positive reviews on youtube, but don't put a lot of faith in things that may be paid advertisements vs real world use.

That puppy has a lot of clicks up and down. You must really want to shoot a long way.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Their 4.5-30x56 looks and specs just like a weaver tactical I own. Their toric 1" stuff is basically weaver super slam stuff. Definitely looks like LOw stuff which I typically have good luck with.

Bb

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Not Stick (thank goodness), but purchased one of Tract's big boys when they first came out during Covtard. It is massive, heavy, built like a tank, and a hell of a nice scope....

Welcome to TN - patron state of shootin’ stuff
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I am waiting for this to be released, don't need assurance from these window likken ftards

[Linked Image from texashuntingforum.com]

NRA Endowed Patron Life Benefactor
GOA Life Member
TSRA Life Member
NSCA Life Member
M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
Will just comment that the Torics have been made by LOW (Light Optical Works) since Tract started up. The company was formed in the 1950s as a manufacturer to produce optics for other companies, and the first rifle scope anybody purchased in my family was a 2.5x LOW made for Montgomery Ward, which my father bought at the local "Monkey Wards" store for around $20 in the early 1960s. I still have it, and it still works...

These days LOW manufactures a bunch of reliable dialing scopes for various companies. This has been discussed recently here, with a list of which companies, but they include Nightforce. One of the other "brands," however, is Weaver. LOW made the Weaver Super Slams, which appeared around 20 years ago, and I have two 3-15x Super Slams on varmint rifles that have been dialed a LOT over the decades, and are still working very precisely.....

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
LiL Fish couldn't spell LOW 2 months ago and now she wants to be an expert.

[Linked Image from external-content.duckduckgo.com]

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I well remember when The TRACT Monkeys arrived and had the cart so fhuqking far in front of the horse,that it was fhuqking hilarious! Hint.

Frost same will bullschit claims and Goat Fhuqked feature sets,rather than roll the good stuff LOW already had going,was/is plum fhuqking amazing.Hint.

Today was yet another LOW Day,amongst others. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Too bad Reupold can't take a fhuqking hint and build something worth a fhuqk,by simply stamping their name on LOW wares. Hint.

Plum flattering,how I consume EVERY thought of Squirms and just how many times a day she thinks about me...the "lucky" kchunt. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H

That puppy has a lot of clicks up and down. You must really want to shoot a long way.

kwg

NRL22 is long-range rimfire. My Rem 541 shooting 40gn high velocity Power Point Winchester ammo zero'd @ 50yds needs another 6MOA to be zero'd @ 100yds. Imagine std velocity ammo @ 300yds+, you need a LOT of scope travel.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular

kwg

Looking to put it on a .22 and would be fun to try and shoot 300-400 yards occasionally.

Appreciate the input from those with experience and thanks for the insight MD. Scope looks pretty close to the Zeiss S3 when side by side.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

351 members (12344mag, 160user, 10Glocks, 22250rem, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 35 invisible), 1,721 guests, and 1,069 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,002
Posts18,481,273
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.