Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
L
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
L
Sent in a vari x III 4.5-14x40 matte a/o for clarity issues Got the email today to call them with options on replacement Went through their options on the website and really don’t see an a/o option that seems ok Should be an interesting phone call tomorrow We will see what happens

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I’m on the edge of my seat

🤣

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Well at least they didn’t send it back to you twice with a BS list of things that checked out ok. And no it wasn’t a vari x model it was one of there newer models. I will however give them credit for the third try. It’s been working for a couple years now. I’m interested in what they do for you cause I got a vari x III that needs to go in.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
So you actually want an AO over a side focus? Why?

L
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
L
well here is the answer...... they offered me a vx3hd 4.5-15x40 with side focus and windplex reticle or $750 credit to the scope of my choice with what i have in the stable i think i am going with a vx3hd 3.5-10x50 with illuminated hunt plex reticle and cds....... $50 out of pocket on my end

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I enjoy that they are still making a TMR SFP reticle,with M1 MOA turrets in 4.5-14x. To add even more fhuqking HILARITY,Midway once again has 'em on Sale. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Just sayin'..............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Sounds like they were very reasonable. That old scope would have never been worth $750 today

L
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
L
Agreed on them being reasonable

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Put the money toward a vx5hd 3-15x44

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by KenMi
Sounds like they were very reasonable. That old scope would have never been worth $750 today

I'm sure that's $750 against MSRP...best bet would be to swap it for the current XV3HD equivalent, sell it, and buy an Elite 4200 4-16x.

IC B3

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Stammster
Put the money toward a vx5hd 3-15x44

Or something that won't shìt the bed (ie not a leupold)

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by Jason280

I'm sure that's $750 against MSRP...best bet would be to swap it for the current XV3HD equivalent, sell it, and buy an Elite 4200 4-16x.

And get into another discontinued scope, but from a company with awful customer service and a shady warranty policy

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
You’ll be money ahead to sell the NIB replacement scope and get a real one .

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
What's wrong with Bushnell's customer service? I've never had a problem with them....granted, I haven't used them in several years. As far as scopes go, I'd much rather have a Japanese 4200 than any variation of a Vari-X III or VX3 (not to mention they're typically considerably cheaper).

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Had a Bushie LRTS Gen2 '18x that didn't track or repeat out of the box(though MUCH better than my recent Reupold MK5 HD's "performance") and sent it in. Never heard from them,other than to opt G3,of which they sent me a NIB specimen,less ANY questions or replies. Hint.

Was/am curious as to the what/why,but can't complain and that glass is still running fine. So I bought more. Hint.

Just sayin'.............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
L
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
L
Have had excellent results from zeiss v4’s lately May go in that direction

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Good to hear you were taken care of. I’ve had a similar experience as well.

You ain't about that life.
C
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
C
I will agree Leupolds customer service is fantastic. I recently sent a an old gloss AO scope in. Anything to do with the AO can not be repaired anymore. Zero parts available for that. I have lost track of the number of Leupold scope I have sent in for friends, family, and myself that don't hold zero. The problem is if you want a lite weight scope that does not have a Soda can size Ocular bell there are not a lot of choices. Leupold's are some of the lightest scopes out there. Many scope manufactures do not have a true Lifetime warranty. Leupold and Burris certainly do. SWFA does but they sell mostly fixed power scopes. Maven does offer a true lifetime warranty, but will they stay in business they're kinda new to industry. I contacted Millett recently you can't even pay for service on a scope if you are not the original owner. Zeiss and Swarovski do not offer a lifetime warranty maybe you don't need it when you spend that kinda money on a scope. Going forward I am seriously considering Burris for new scopes. I have looked at other manufactures with lifetime warranty and then read the specs. All the options are so heavy including Burris.

I walk around like I'm ok, but deep down inside, I wanna buy another gun.
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by Coton
I will agree Leupolds customer service is fantastic. I recently sent a an old gloss AO scope in. Anything to do with the AO can not be repaired anymore. Zero parts available for that. I have lost track of the number of Leupold scope I have sent in for friends, family, and myself that don't hold zero. The problem is if you want a lite weight scope that does not have a Soda can size Ocular bell there are not a lot of choices. Leupold's are some of the lightest scopes out there. Many scope manufactures do not have a true Lifetime warranty. Leupold and Burris certainly do. SWFA does but they sell mostly fixed power scopes. Maven does offer a true lifetime warranty, but will they stay in business they're kinda new to industry. I contacted Millett recently you can't even pay for service on a scope if you are not the original owner. Zeiss and Swarovski do not offer a lifetime warranty maybe you don't need it when you spend that kinda money on a scope. Going forward I am seriously considering Burris for new scopes. I have looked at other manufactures with lifetime warranty and then read the specs. All the options are so heavy including Burris.

Have you looked at Trijicon?

Conduct is the best proof of character.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by Jason280

I’ll second that…

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

574 members (1234, 007FJ, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 160user, 63 invisible), 2,514 guests, and 1,291 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,078
Posts18,482,764
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.