Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
I blame Fink

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
First, you can't just declare that you don't want to hear about location as a factor in cost when you're talking about houses in two different countries. It's the primary factor. For example, what is the median income in Ecuador vs North Carolina?

Second, what is the difference in building codes? Presumably, the shed in North Carolina isn't likely to burn down due to shoddy wiring, nor is it going to collapse due to a poor foundation. Who built the mansion in Ecuador? Did they use quality material and techniques? Do you know? Can you find out?

But applying some common sense- if everything were equal except housing prices (standard of living, crime rates, personal liberty, etc) don't you think everyone would be trying to move to Ecuador? Or do you really think it's a well-kept secret that only you and the guy on you tube know about?

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by CoalCracker
Why can't anyone here focus on construction and materials costs? This isn't a question of crime rates or political unrest.
First off, the cost of the lot it's built on is probably a heck of a lot cheaper in Ecuador. Maybe on the order of 10x cheaper.

Politics is War by Other Means
O
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig
Land costs, based on location, is among the largest variables in building. You failed to mention that. You also seem to want to define capitalism through inflation. I'm no economist but you're going to need to explain that to me.

Here is a simple definition of Capitalism. "Capitalism is often thought of as an economic system in which private actors own and control property in accord with their interests, and demand and supply freely set prices in markets in a way that can serve the best interests of society. The essential feature of capitalism is the motive to make a profit." Inflation happens in every economic system. Like you, I don't like inflation and how it has diminished the value of the dollar but you can't blame that on Capitalism.

How can you say I failed to mention location? I used the word "location" multiple times, but this post is not about location. That's my whole point. It's about the ridiculous prices of housing and construction costs in the U.S. no matter the location. Land costs? It's a frickin' 5,200 sq. ft. lot in NC! I would bet the materials used to build that house in Ecuador would cost more than the $275k asking price in the U.S. without even bringing location into the equation.

Do you truly believe the part I bolded in your quote exists today in America?

Capitalism, in its most basic form, is all about supply and demand.

I respectfully submit:

There is not, or doesn't need to be, a REAL shortage of land.
There is not, or doesn't need to be, a REAL shortage of fossil fuel.
There is not, or doesn't need to be, a REAL shortage of electric energy.
There is not, or doesn't need to be, a REAL shortage of lumber.
There is not, or doesn't need to be, a REAL shortage of bricks, concrete and cement.
There is not, or doesn't need to be, a REAL shortage of steel.
There is not, or doesn't need to be, a REAL shortage of beef.
There is not, or doesn't need to be, a REAL shortage of chicken.
There is not, or doesn't need to be, a REAL shortage of eggs.
There is not, or doesn't need to be, a REAL shortage of grain.
There is not, or doesn't need to be, a REAL shortage of milk.
There is not, or doesn't need to be, a REAL shortage of medicine.
Etc.
Etc.
Etc.

To the extent that these and other necessities are in short supply, it is not because of capitalism. It's fake. It is because the azzholes running the world are making it so. It's for us to figure out who they are, what they are doing and how to stop them.

We are being played.
I think we're done here. Good luck in Ecuador. I'm out.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig
I think we're done here. Good luck in Ecuador. I'm out.

Just another troll, posting stupid chit they knew the answer to before they posted.

Campfire is a prevalent troll farm.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B2

pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
...I now realize what an idiot I am for questioning the "official" narrative about the cost of living in the U.S...

No. You're an idiot for asking for help to understand something, and then refusing to accept the truth, even when it is presented to you in black and white. You insist on comparing a particular, overpriced, ugly shack to some "dream house" half a world away.

PS: It's location.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Give it up Hilljee, yiu don't know where yiu came from and yiu don't know where you're going.

Those who know the Truth realize that and I'm not interested in what those who don't know the Truth have to say.

I couldn't care less, which is exactly why you of the Dumbassed Crew are on IGNORE.

Do yourself a favor and put me on ignore. You know I'm wrong so why do you care. I don't care to see what yiu have to say. smile

Feeling okay this morning Doc? Headache yet?

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Who's being played?

It's a market. There is demand and supply. Apparently the markets you reference feel the demand justifies the price. If not the homebuilder (or sellor) will lose out. Alternatively, the buyer may lose out.

No one is being played.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
You gotta add 10% for the big guy.

NRA-Benefactor
TSRA-Life

"It's a terrible thing when governments send their young men to kill each other." Charles Byrne,WW2 Vet.
On the day Desert Storm began.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by TimberRunner
Who's being played?

………………..

No one is being played.

Those who have wasted their time responding to the drivel this attention whore Cracker has posted are being played.

Black Cows Matter!
IC B3

M
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
M
Did not read this entire thread, but saw a lot of mentioning of the capital system and its perceived failures today but none of the key to capitalism operation that being FREE ENTERPRISE. Free enterprise is being destroyed in America through gov’t regulation, unionism, cronyism, graft, featherbedding, and disqualification of competitive bidding. This is not an accidental occurrence either, when one reads the goals and methodology of the new world order (the great reset) promulgated by the world economic forum and United Nations it becomes clear , this is just part and partial of the plan to destroy all individual freedoms and create a dark ages style modern serfdom. A serfdom where you will own nothing, owe your entire existence to the state and by the way you will be happy.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I wasn't expecting much, but I thought for sure there would be at least a few folks who could see past the Ecuador/NC example to at least get a glimpse of the bigger picture regarding the state of our current economic system. Most people today wouldn't know free-market capitalism if it punched them in the face. What we have left of free-market capitalism soon won't be able to withstand the onslaught of transgressions it faces in today's world without help from someone or somewhere.

Free-market capitalism revolves around concepts such as scarcity of supply, consumer demand, profit motive and competition. What is currently happening in our economy reflects less and less of that each passing day. Instead we have a system orchestrated by an organized crime ring comprised of the federal government and a corporate Borg. There are a lot of folks who are convinced the federal government is corrupt, that the media is a propaganda machine, that Big Medicine trades off people's sickness instead of health, and that Big Agra and Big Food plies our food supply with toxic seed oils, GMO grains and addictive sugars such as HFCS. But God-forbid if you imply to these same people that what they think is a capitalist economy has been similarly undermined. Well, that's just a bridge too far, dammit!

Someone created a computer program recently to place multiple colored squares onto a square sheet of white paper, where each individual color represents ownership of a particular company. When the simulation is run through the program over and over, what you get is one giant black piece of paper, with a tiny white square representing individual stock ownership. The giant black blob is a corporate hivemind of most all large companies owning each other and the corresponding means of production. Black Rock owns Home Depot, State Street owns Lowes, Black Rock owns State Street, Vanguard owns Berkshire Hathaway, Berkshire Hathaway owns the mortgage lenders and maybe owns or "competes" against your local real estate brokerage. Etc., etc. And regardless of how many individual investors might own shares in these companies, they have no real input or control over how they operate. The incestuous corporate boards handle that.

Presently, on a level playing field (i.e., free-market economy), energy powered by fossil fuels and maybe fission beats the competition nearly every time, in all facets of the game. So why are expensive solar and wind and "clean" hydrogen and electric vehicles and the rationing of energy being shoved down our throats? Well, the government sees an attractive new playing field where it can set new rules in its favor and create more opportunity for its latest players. The corporate hivemind plays along and joins the fun. Why should they care? They own the oil companies and the solar companies and the wind companies and the electric companies and the car companies. They're in a win/win situation and pay the referees handsomely, and the rules of the game are rigged to ensure things stay that way.

News flash. This is not free-market capitalism. This is corporatist totalitarianism masquerading as capitalism.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Enjoy Ecuador.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I wasn't expecting much, but I thought for sure there would be at least a few folks who could see past the Ecuador/NC example to at least get a glimpse of the bigger picture regarding the state of our current economic system. Most people today wouldn't know free-market capitalism if it punched them in the face. What we have left of free-market capitalism soon won't be able to withstand the onslaught of transgressions it faces in today's world without help from someone or somewhere.

Free-market capitalism revolves around concepts such as scarcity of supply, consumer demand, profit motive and competition. What is currently happening in our economy reflects less and less of that each passing day. Instead we have a system orchestrated by an organized crime ring comprised of the federal government and a corporate Borg. There are a lot of folks who are convinced the federal government is corrupt, that the media is a propaganda machine, that Big Medicine trades off people's sickness instead of health, and that Big Agra and Big Food plies our food supply with toxic seed oils, GMO grains and addictive sugars such as HFCS. But God-forbid if you imply to these same people that what they think is a capitalist economy has been similarly undermined. Well, that's just a bridge too far, dammit!

Someone created a computer program recently to place multiple colored squares onto a square sheet of white paper, where each individual color represents ownership of a particular company. When the simulation is run through the program over and over, what you get is one giant black piece of paper, with a tiny white square representing individual stock ownership. The giant black blob is a corporate hivemind of most all large companies owning each other and the corresponding means of production. Black Rock owns Home Depot, State Street owns Lowes, Black Rock owns State Street, Vanguard owns Berkshire Hathaway, Berkshire Hathaway owns the mortgage lenders and maybe owns or "competes" against your local real estate brokerage. Etc., etc. And regardless of how many individual investors might own shares in these companies, they have no real input or control over how they operate. The incestuous corporate boards handle that.

Presently, on a level playing field (i.e., free-market economy), energy powered by fossil fuels and maybe fission beats the competition nearly every time, in all facets of the game. So why are expensive solar and wind and "clean" hydrogen and electric vehicles and the rationing of energy being shoved down our throats? Well, the government sees an attractive new playing field where it can set new rules in its favor and create more opportunity for its latest players. The corporate hivemind plays along and joins the fun. Why should they care? They own the oil companies and the solar companies and the wind companies and the electric companies and the car companies. They're in a win/win situation and pay the referees handsomely, and the rules of the game are rigged to ensure things stay that way.

News flash. This is not free-market capitalism. This is corporatist totalitarianism masquerading as capitalism.

None of this has anything to do with the housing market..

But nice rant.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
It sure stinks like Maser/Elkslayer in here. sick

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

LOL, didn't think of that angle.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by smokepole

But nice rant.

The housing market is but one interconnected piece of the overall market. The players are the same.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

Ad hominem attack. Is that all you got while you age out and leave the country a mess?

Good talk.

M
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
M
Well put coalcracker. And the heads of all those huge intertwined multinational corps get together at Davos Sw. ever year with leaders from all the other interests of the human endeavors to debate how best to hoist their draconian plans on the worlds population.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by smokepole

But nice rant.

The housing market is but one interconnected piece of the overall market. The players are the same.

Bullshìt.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

571 members (219DW, 12344mag, 160user, 10gaugemag, 222ND, 10ring1, 63 invisible), 2,329 guests, and 1,295 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,274
Posts18,486,646
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.